[mod] [CK2] Dark World: Reborn - Updated 13APR2024

9 hours ago, kioo said:

It seems event dw_visits.9035 fires every time when yo are pregnant even when you not by a monster/beast/etc.

I see this is intended?

#character (at 2 months)
on_pregnancy = {
    events = {
        DWBody.35 #Virgin trait removal
        dw_visits.9035 # Woman who has sex with a beast learns she's pregnant
     }
}

Is this how it should be because it sounds kinda confusing when you are pregnant normally?

It's meant to be checked, but only fire if actually valid.

9035 was missing a trigger check that will be there with the next update. So the part you shared is indeed intentional. The error is within .9035 itself.

On 11/5/2019 at 4:31 PM, SamIAmHam said:

I can tell you how to do it for Windows, but not Mac. In My Documents you will see a folder named Paradox Interactive then one for Crusader Kings II. Go into the CK2 folder. You should see a folder named mod. That is where you install all mods. If there isn't a folder there just create a folder and name it mod. All lower case.

To install mods just enter your mod folder and right click on the zip file with the mod. Select Extract Here and it will extract the folder and .mod file correctly. Note that this may only work for LL mods as some mods do not use the correct directory structure.

i did this but extracted to the desktop. i put the mod file in the mod folder but what do i do with the rest of the mod? (the folder that contains common, gfx, etc.)

Just wanted to say that I should have the next release posted at some point this weekend. I just need to wrap up some localization and then run it through a test session.

Barring any last minute additions, this is the current change log for the upcoming release.

v1.72 (Dark World Reborn)
    - NOTE: This update is NOT compatible with prior saved games
    - Removed the Invite a Jester decision, since Harley and Joker can be recruited through other means.
    - Heroes and Villains - Go on a Mission decision removed, related content reworked as potential random events
    - More behind the scenes code organization
    - New events
    - scripted_trigger added for compatibility purposes called not_valid_targets.
    - Combat mechanism used by a couple events has been overhauled
    - Brothel/Bordello overhaul part 1
    - New event window background (there were 2 in the mod, one from DWR, one from H&V, now there is 1)
    - Fix: An old global_flag check was blocking a brothel option
    - Fix: Localization wording on event (thx SamIAmHam)
    - Fix: Added in a missed Game Rule check
    - Fix: Was missing some decisions from Heroes and Villains
    - Fix: Was missing a trigger check in an event

5 hours ago, kioo said:

Is turning off Heroes and Villains rule working?

I see that has_dw_herovillain_content is only mentioned it in dw_wizardtower.txt and DWBordello.txt. It doesn't disable events and Hero/Villain traits?

That'd fall under the missing game rule fix that's coming out here in a few moments as I finish up packaging the update.

There's a solid chance that some others are missing as well, since I usually play with all of the content enabled, so while this one should be covered with the next release, I welcome any one sharing instances where they feel something has been overlooked.

Just a little suggestion.
For compatibility with other mods it would be nice to change most features like this
mage
dwr_mage
vampire
dwr_vampire
I suggest this because I play with the mod prince of darkness and this one contains vampires and mage (and werewolves and feys) and when dwr is used the traits cited above are replaced.

5 hours ago, helixyos said:

Just a little suggestion.
For compatibility with other mods it would be nice to change most features like this
mage
dwr_mage
vampire
dwr_vampire
I suggest this because I play with the mod prince of darkness and this one contains vampires and mage (and werewolves and feys) and when dwr is used the traits cited above are replaced.

Right now, I'm not looking to change the trait names. On one hand, a benefit of having the same trait names is that it means mage content for one mod works for the other. If I change mage to dwr_mage, then a mage in DWR and a mage in PoD would have different content for both, and a character would need to double-up on their traits (I'm a mage mage!) in order to get both.

One thing that can be done if you don't like DWR's overwriting the PoD trait values, is you can modify the PoD .mod file to list DWR as a dependency, so DWR will load first, and then the overwrite will be done by PoD.

I'll be adding in some script triggers here in the near future for improved compatibility, but I imagine that it'll largely benefit the others mods here on LL.

3 hours ago, dewguru said:

I'll be adding in some script triggers here in the near future for improved compatibility, but I imagine that it'll largely benefit the others mods here on LL.

I'm hoping for triggers for traits that might conflict, like is_elf/is_not_elf, is_futa/is_not_futa, and etc. That can definitely help with LF/DWR compatibility

4 hours ago, Phenolope said:

To clarify, is DWF no longer available/being worked on? Did it get merged into DWR?

Not trying to stir up trouble, just genuinely curious.

Basic Summary: DWF had content that was from DWR. DWR has been resumed, DWF's specific content has been rebranded as LF (Luxuria Fantasia). DWR and LF are seeking to be compatible, so folks can enjoy what both offer.