[mod] [CK2] Dark World: Reborn - Updated 01MAY2024

If everything continues going well, I should have a new update for tomorrow, with the items mentioned on the first page under the What Is Coming Next section being the primary changes.

Some things are going to be overhauled considerably as I move forward (meaning many changes may not be apparent in tomorrow's release). For example, I'm going to kill off the two separate traits that exist for a succubus and an incubus, and I'm just going to have a single demon-kin trait instead. A female demon-kin will qualify for succubus type events, while a male demon-kin would qualify for incubus type events. It then allows me to stream line inheritance more.

The above is just an example of changes that will be coming down the line as I move to make things more organized and easier to expand upon.

1 hour ago, Doomsday8931 said:

You may know this already but you don't get the special character portraits from Heroes/Villains when you play with DWR. 

That's because of a conflict in the static_portrait.gfx file. It might be corrected with this next release, while it will definitely be corrected with the one after if it is still an issue after this one (the one I'll be posting later today).

For example, while both have different image files, in the .gfx file, they're both being told that the first image set should be recognized as PORTRAIT_static_1, and as a result one muscles out the other.

I've changed it for the release today in DWR, so hopefully it'll be a non-issue afterwards.

Alright, assuming the final tweaks I'm doing don't end up breaking things, I'm getting closer to today's release.

Here is the Change Log for what will be posted later today.

Change Log:
v1.70 (Dark World Reborn)
    - NOTE: This update is NOT compatible with prior saved game
    - Removed version number in the .mod file, to keep any .mod dependencies from having to be updated
    - Added a Game Rule where Dark World Body Traits can be toggled on or off (in case you use another mod with body traits like Ala Body Mod or Christianity)
    - Some Traits overhauled, some have new art, some have new names
    - Revamped the Wizard Tower
    - New event/modifier/game rules
    - Some behind the scenes reorganization of code (a lot to still be done)

Latest update posted.

New list of what's coming in the next mod posted on the front page.

For those who notice, the mod took a huge jump in size, largely because I've already moved over the images from Heroes and Villains.

This version isn't intended to be played with the last DWF that was released, as they still will have too much duplicity.

16 minutes ago, dewguru said:

No idea. Hopefully if there is another HIP user, they can give you an answer.

I'll speak from experience from having reports of this same thing. DWF is, and has always been, HIP compatible so long as the dependencies are set in the DWFantasy.mod file. The only things that DWF replaces in the vanilla game are the scripted effects for impregnation, and those don't even overwrite correctly due to recent(?) CK2 updates.

Now I'm assuming DWR will be exactly the same way since DWF was built on DWR code. All that's needed is the proper dependencies block in the .mod file and you're good to go.

14 hours ago, lockeslylcrit said:

I'll speak from experience from having reports of this same thing. DWF is, and has always been, HIP compatible so long as the dependencies are set in the DWFantasy.mod file. The only things that DWF replaces in the vanilla game are the scripted effects for impregnation, and those don't even overwrite correctly due to recent(?) CK2 updates.

Now I'm assuming DWR will be exactly the same way since DWF was built on DWR code. All that's needed is the proper dependencies block in the .mod file and you're good to go.

Useful information, thank you.

Question, when you merge Heroes and Villains with DWR, will the mod still feater HV's "Spend Time with" sequence? Or will there only be the default one from DWR? Do you plan to expand the default "Spend time with" to include other positions or a description/image for "cum inside?"

13 hours ago, WarLordXII said:

Question, when you merge Heroes and Villains with DWR, will the mod still feater HV's "Spend Time with" sequence? Or will there only be the default one from DWR? Do you plan to expand the default "Spend time with" to include other positions or a description/image for "cum inside?"

Heroes and Villains had a few things that were clearly picked up from where I left off with DWR. The version of Spend Time With being one of them.

So I'll be setting it up like how it is in H&V, while looking to merge in some of the DWR options that were already there. Sort of like how I replaced the Wizard Tower interaction, yet have hooked in Hermione and Sorcey's portion into what was brought over from H&V. It might need tweaking after they merge, as I'm not looking too much at event text (localization) or images yet. So some things may seem a little off. Best thing I can say is bring them up so I'm aware.

Now, for those folks who used DWF, DWF also expanded quite a bit on the old DWR 'Spend Time With' and from what I understand, those changes will be present in the new Luxuria Fantasia when it's released.

Next release is looking like it'll be late Sunday.

I've got Heroes and Villains integrated, without any unexpected errors in validator or CK2's error log file.

I missed a trait that needed to be added, so the next update will not be save game compatible. Also, some files have been removed and others renamed, so you're going to want to do a clean install with the mod (delete the old Dark World Reborn folder before dropping in the new one).

Prostitution / Whoring overhaul.

The old whoring traits will be discontinued, and instead a single 'Prostitute' trait will be used.

Someone deciding to take on the career of a Prostitute will be rarer. It was scaled to be a 5% chance by default, and it'll now be a 1% chance, with some trait mixes giving a large potential increase to taking on such a lifestyle. For example, someone who is both lustful and greedy, could scratch both sins by becoming a prostitute.

The goal here is to try and ease up on how easy it can sometimes seem to be in massive numbers of people taking up the profession.

For those that like a little more control, I'm adding a 'Decree thee a Prostitute' that the player can utilize to hand select who should take up the profession. As well as a 'Whore No More' targeted decision to remove the Prostitute trait if you've someone taking it up that you simply don't want to have it. There was a similar decision in the past, but it had a fair chance the target ignoring you.

I don't recall who posted the link, but somewhere in these forums I'm pretty certain I saw where someone posted a link talking about how medieval prostitutes took precautions against becoming pregnant. As such, the trait will also include a negative fertility buff. This will hopefully address the issue that used to arise as well where your whores could be generating children like crazy and filling your court to the point that it was difficult to manage.

I would use "concubine" instead of prostitute, and allow them so long as a "house of pleasures" is built. A place where your guests could masquerade in, face hidden. The court is supposed to be a place of prestige, if somebody wants to find a whore there are plenty in the town.

The decisions could be to open the house of pleasures to the court, or close it. Depends on whether the current owner is chaste or lustful I guess.

21 minutes ago, bicobus said:

I would use "concubine" instead of prostitute, and allow them so long as a "house of pleasures" is built. A place where your guests could masquerade in, face hidden. The court is supposed to be a place of prestige, if somebody wants to find a whore there are plenty in the town.

The decisions could be to open the house of pleasures to the court, or close it. Depends on whether the current owner is chaste or lustful I guess.

I'm going to stick with the option of a prostitute, as players enjoy using them and enjoy being them. The complaints that have been there since the beginning have largely been two things. Too many nobles become one, and too many off spring are generated as a result.

So I'm seeking to keep a mechanism that allows someone to scratch the kink of using a whore or being a whore, as well as a means for some money gain, while also addressing the long standing concerns that had been voiced.

Besides, House of Pleasures / Bordello / Morale Wagon - all pretty much the same thing when it boils down to it. Plus, depending on what religion/culture you're playing, you might already have concubines in play (wives beneath the first).

I will say - I think I like the idea of a chaste ruler having the option to close down these dens of ill repute.

9 hours ago, dewguru said:

Too many nobles become one, and too many off spring are generated as a result.

So I'm seeking to keep a mechanism that allows someone to scratch the kink of using a whore or being a whore, as well as a means for some money gain, while also addressing the long standing concerns that had been voiced.

Idea:

Brothels generate 2-3 dynasty = none, cannot_marry = yescannot_inherit = yesfertility = 0 courtiers every five years if the liege is a player. These courtiers will automatically be assigned the whore traits. At the end of those five years, they are silently killed off using death = { death_reason = death_missing } and replaced with another 2-3 whores. The player can, of course, choose to be a whore if they want.

This fixes the problems of nobility being granted the whore trait (unless, by some combination of traits, they can- for kink/RP purposes) and the problem of having too many courtiers being generated. Recycling them every five years gives a good amount of variety, and a decision can be written if you want to keep them around and add in fertility if they are a favorite of yours.

Do I remember correctly that the Immortal trait shields you only from death by natural causes? I'm asking because Fenris is starting to spawn with a worrying regularity around Sigurd Ring's stomping grounds and I want to know if I can nip the problem in the bud, provided I manage to outscore him in personal combat.

Haven't played with the mod yet but I have questions: Since Luxuria Fantasia won't have Werewolves anymore, will they be in DWR? Vampires are supposedly cut, too. What about them? And are popcultural characters optional (decision toggle, module, game rule etc.)?