[mod] [CK2] Dark World: Reborn - Updated 13APR2024

Hello; has anybody else begun to experience significant lagging/crashing problems with CK2? I've got a new install with only DWR and Luxuria installed, but it's got a simply heinous level of lag.  The game lags so badly that it's nigh impossible to click on anything without first pausing the game and waiting the five seconds it takes the game to realize that it's been paused.

43 minutes ago, lockeslylcrit said:

I've never actually tried this method before. So I did a little testing...

Running House Irae and Luxuria Fantasia. HI has LF set as a dependency. Both mods have targets_to_avoid in the scripted_triggers, with HI having drow and halfelf traits in an OR block and LF having elf trait alone. Made a test decision with ai = no in the from_potential, ai = no in the potential, and NOT = { targets_to_avoid = yes } in the allow, and set_global_flag = herp_derp_test in the effect.

Result 1, chose drow as race:

Result 2, chose elf as race:

Result 3, removed LF from the dependencies, chose drow as race:

Result 4, reversed everything by removing the NOT in the allow, turning the OR in the HI scripted_trigger to a NOR, and the elf trait to a NOT in LF:

Conclusion:

Results 1, 2, and 3 completely ignored the scripted_triggers and allowed the decision to be taken. Result 4 worked as designed.

Merging of scripted_triggers works fine, but setting the condition (in this case, the allow) as a negative will get the code confused as all hell.

Excellent test.

I did some more testing, and the best way I can describe it, is the merge seems to treat the added items as OR blocks. So even if it's just two items, say trait = elf in one mod, and trait = orc in the other mod, when they are merged, it looks like it would be just them listed equally in the requirements, which typically represents an AND expectation, yet the actual result is that of an OR, as one of the conditions being true allows it to trigger instead of them all needing to be met.

The best approach does appear to be the NOT or NOR addition to the item within the scripted_trigger. I'll add a comment for clarification within the block I'll have in DWR, so hopefully anyone who sees it and decides to add it to their mod will understand they'll want to use NOT or NOR when adding it.

17 hours ago, hewhocumsbynight said:

Hello; has anybody else begun to experience significant lagging/crashing problems with CK2? I've got a new install with only DWR and Luxuria installed, but it's got a simply heinous level of lag.  The game lags so badly that it's nigh impossible to click on anything without first pausing the game and waiting the five seconds it takes the game to realize that it's been paused.

One thing to double-check - if you've been just overwriting DWR, then you may have extra files that are conflicting with each other.

The last update of DWR (1.71) included a recommendation that folks delete their Dark World Reborn mod folder before installing 1.71, because it renamed, added, and deleted files.

19 hours ago, AlexWyrmin said:

Just got a bit of an epiphany today: did you use images taken from the Nicole Heat adult webcomic for the H'n'V Spend Time With event?

Yes. Didn't know it was a web comic when I first came across the images. When I discovered it was a web comic was after it had ceased content, which is too bad as I was curious to see where it was going with her descent into madness.

1 hour ago, dewguru said:

Yes. Didn't know it was a web comic when I first came across the images. When I discovered it was a web comic was after it had ceased content, which is too bad as I was curious to see where it was going with her descent into madness.

That was a bummer. By the way, the blander version of the same event, the one from before H'n'V was merged with DWR, keeps popping up as well. I understand keeping it in the mod for anyone disabling the H'n'V content via game rule, but would it be possible to make the game check whether said content was on or off before deciding which version of the event to fire?

3 hours ago, dewguru said:

Excellent test.

I did some more testing, and the best way I can describe it, is the merge seems to treat the added items as OR blocks. So even if it's just two items, say trait = elf in one mod, and trait = orc in the other mod, when they are merged, it looks like it would be just them listed equally in the requirements, which typically represents an AND expectation, yet the actual result is that of an OR, as one of the conditions being true allows it to trigger instead of them all needing to be met.

The best approach does appear to be the NOT or NOR addition to the item within the scripted_trigger. I'll add a comment for clarification within the block I'll have in DWR, so hopefully anyone who sees it and decides to add it to their mod will understand they'll want to use NOT or NOR when adding it.

I found the best use of these triggers would be to include two versions of scripted_triggers to account for negatives, unless the trigger is for one specific purpose.

For example:

Spoiler

# HI

has_elf_blood = {
	OR = {
		trait = houseirae_drow
		trait = houseirae_halfelf
	}
}

not_elf_blood = {
	NOR = {
		trait = houseirae_drow
	}
}

# DWR

has_elf_blood = {
	trait = dw_elf
}

not_elf_blood = {
	NOT = {
		trait = dw_elf
	}
}

This will allow scripting to the proper triggers instead of the code being confused by having a NOT/NOR in the condition.

Obviously, targets_to_avoid has only a singular purpose, so it only really needs one trigger.

5 hours ago, lockeslylcrit said:

I found the best use of these triggers would be to include two versions of scripted_triggers to account for negatives, unless the trigger is for one specific purpose.

For example:

Spoiler

Hide contents

# HI

has_elf_blood = {
	OR = {
		trait = houseirae_drow
	}
}

not_elf_blood = {
	NOR = {
		trait = houseirae_drow
	}
}

# DWR

has_elf_blood = {
	trait = dw_elf
}

not_elf_blood = {
	NOT = {
		trait = dw_elf
	}
}

This will allow scripting to the proper triggers instead of the code being confused by having a NOT/NOR in the condition.

Obviously, targets_to_avoid has only a singular purpose, so it only really needs one trigger.

Good idea.

Along that vein, I suppose instead of calling it targets_to_avoid, it may be more fitting to call it not_valid_targets to keep it uniform for whether you put in things as NOT or NOR.

2 hours ago, Drax70 said:

Hey dewguru!

Have you considered giving the brothel a little more "love"? Adding more, when visiting or working, random events as well?

Thanks!

Yes, but not certain exactly how soon, as I've got a few targets before it.

7 hours ago, Bill of the hill said:

Great mod, You don't have to use this idea if you haven't and you don't want to, but have you ever though about making a yautja character to go into your mod? (If you dont know, Yautjas are the Predators from alien vs predator) Just a suggestion, Again this mod is great

I've seen someone ask in the past about the xenomorph's, I suppose asking about Predators was due.

I'll be honest, the thought has crossed my mind on occasion, but if it does happen, it'd be as some kind of encounter most likely. But a lot of things cross my mind, and few actually make it in. At this point, I can only say that it's not in my pipeline to add.

If it ever does make it in, it'd require having Seeds of Chaos content in DWR activated in the Game Rule section, and Heroes and Villains content activated, as those are what are currently needed for the pair of existing events related to things from space coming to Earth.

27 minutes ago, kioo said:

Am I the only one with event window texture that looks like this?

How can this be fixed? I tried different resolutions, scaling, but the result is always the same.

Op7ePf4.jpg

I'm not seeing anything. I don't know if your image failed in its attachment or if my browsers aren't cooperating, but all I see is the image name (Op7ePf4.jpg).

17 minutes ago, kioo said:

Hmm, weird. Okay, here is an image link

https://i.imgur.com/Op7ePf4.jpg

Op7ePf4.jpg

Odd. Firefox didn't like the link you posted either, but I got it to open in another browser.

That said, I'm not certain what your question is about. That image looks like it's a variation of the Bigger Event Window with what looks like a parchment type background. I'm guessing it's displaying as expected, but you'd have to verify that by asking in the correct thread, as your image is from the House Irae mod which is a different thread in thise forum.

Edit - Dark World Reborn has a version of the Bigger Event Window as well, with a background that is intended to look like an old book. We've adopted the larger window to allow more descriptive space and larger images to be used.

48 minutes ago, dewguru said:

Odd. Firefox didn't like the link you posted either, but I got it to open in another browser.

That said, I'm not certain what your question is about. That image looks like it's a variation of the Bigger Event Window with what looks like a parchment type background. I'm guessing it's displaying as expected, but you'd have to verify that by asking in the correct thread, as your image is from the House Irae mod which is a different thread in thise forum.

Edit - Dark World Reborn has a version of the Bigger Event Window as well, with a background that is intended to look like an old book. We've adopted the larger window to allow more descriptive space and larger images to be used.

That is indeed from House Irae. And (more importantly) can only be seen in House Irae. It does not affect DWR in any form or fashion.

It uses its own heavily modified narrative_event window gfx without modifying the original.

The exact event code is window = "houseirae_custom_narrative"

If this code is present in the event (which it is for all House Irae events), it will use the new style window. If it is absent, it will default back to DWR/LF's narrative_event window. If those are absent, it will default back to vanilla's window.

10 hours ago, dewguru said:

Dark World Reborn has a version of the Bigger Event Window as well

9 hours ago, lockeslylcrit said:

That is indeed from House Irae.

Didn't know that House Irae uses custom graphic. Everything is fine now. Thank you.

12 hours ago, Pantheress said:

Hi dewguru. Any chance you could add a more up-to-date feature list on the main page? :)

I've plans to do so little by little as I release updates. Like with the last one I added a Heroes and Villains section, other sections will appear. Largely because I'm overhauling things, and as things get completed, I'll post updated sections.

11 hours ago, Darknell said:

Any chance of a more "Overhaul-mod friendly" version? Don't get me wrong, this mod is awesome and I appreciate the work you've put into it. I just can't find a decent adult themed mod that works well with AGOT, Guardians of Azeroth, Elderkings, etc. 

Nope. Although I will say that I know a number of folks that have used DWR with some overhauls. From what they've shared it just takes the person making a dependency change in the .mod file, but you'll need to do that yourself.

In fact, if you read the last item under Dark World Mod Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ), which is the second entry in this support thread, you'll see a direct answer on how to make it work with AGOT.

1 hour ago, dewguru said:

Nope. Although I will say that I know a number of folks that have used DWR with some overhauls. From what they've shared it just takes the person making a dependency change in the .mod file, but you'll need to do that yourself.

In fact, if you read the last item under Dark World Mod Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ), which is the second entry in this support thread, you'll see a direct answer on how to make it work with AGOT.

Good to know. Thanks.

5 hours ago, Darknell said:

What about making AI rulers/nobles less likely to become prostitutes? For example they have to have sin traits or something to that effect.

Unless something isn't working correctly, the ai shouldn't be able to self decide to become prostitutes in the last update. I noticed I left out the decision, and while it'll be in the next update, it is a lot more limiting on the ai, so it should be a lot less than in the past.

9 hours ago, dewguru said:

I've plans to do so little by little as I release updates. Like with the last one I added a Heroes and Villains section, other sections will appear. Largely because I'm overhauling things, and as things get completed, I'll post updated sections.

Ah, good to hear.

Now, if NoxBestia would just return to modding as well, we could get this Unholy Trinity of Lewdness Modder reunion going and reach absolutely new levels of deviancy. :D

It seems event dw_visits.9035 fires every time when yo are pregnant even when you not by a monster/beast/etc.

I see this is intended?

#character (at 2 months)
on_pregnancy = {
    events = {
        DWBody.35 #Virgin trait removal
        dw_visits.9035 # Woman who has sex with a beast learns she's pregnant
     }
}

Is this how it should be because it sounds kinda confusing when you are pregnant normally?