[mod] [CK2] Dark World: Reborn - Updated 13APR2024

11 hours ago, noxbestia said:

Last time I went though the code, they are only seeded by whatever campaign type you chose.  The old version of Dark World did seed all of them, so I expect the new one eventually will.  I am trying to write NDPA so that I only seed my own versions, but make it so that if you are also using DWR that it properly merges in my versions with @dewguru's originals.  Mostly this is jsut my Night Wolves and his werewolves, but it will also include Kitsune, Neko, Vampires, and the demonoids.  Not sure if I'll tie in to any of the others, but that mostly depends on what @dewguru does with them in the future.  I have to fight the urge to tie into everything.  ;) 

Ah, good thing I asked. I had thought campaigns only let you start as one of them and the rest would exist/show up elsewhere later on.

@dewguru, is it possible to make fantasy races have a very small chance to be randomly born to human parents anywhere in the world (aiming for no more than 10 of each to exist at the same time)? Excluding races whose content had been disabled in starting game options, preferably.

5 hours ago, Santr said:

Ah, good thing I asked. I had thought campaigns only let you start as one of them and the rest would exist/show up elsewhere later on.

@dewguru, is it possible to make fantasy races have a very small chance to be randomly born to human parents anywhere in the world (aiming for no more than 10 of each to exist at the same time)? Excluding races whose content had been disabled in starting game options, preferably.

Sure it is. I'm not going to add that in, but you can feel free to edit your game file for it.

7 hours ago, genericlogin said:

Why not set "stacking = no" for the books? That way a character will only be able to have one copy of each, and inherited extras will be automatically destroyed.

Hunh, well I suppose that makes sense. I shall make it so.

Edit: I'm still going to increase the time frame for how often the ai will go shopping, to try and reduce how quickly ai folks could be running around with the 'complete book sets' that you mentioned.

A few small bugs that I found while playing a Merchant Republic:

1.  Unable to hire a Court Wizard

2.  Unable to go shopping at the Alchemist

3.  The Trading Post, Exotic Goods Warehouse.  Seems to require something that is no longer in the game.  Rudimentary Trading I I think?

3 hours ago, kalador said:

3.  The Trading Post, Exotic Goods Warehouse.  Seems to require something that is no longer in the game.  Rudimentary Trading I I think?

The requirement ("Rudimentary Trade Offices") is still in the game, but can only be built at Silk Road trade posts. Ordinary Merchant Republic trade posts can't build them, although if you can build a trade post in a coastal province which also has a spot for a Silk Road trade post you can get the full set of buildings for both kinds of trade post in it.

I greatly enjoy Dark World and started modding adult content into the game myself. 

I love the work you (and the community) did, Dark World has gotten a tad bloated; and while I love how there a tons of settings at startup to show or hide certain things, there's still a lot of content that just ruin muh immershun. There's also a lot of bloat in the code and some sub-mods work fine as such, others don't.

I'm wondering if either you could release a bare-bones lite version that just adds the genitalia mechanics and basic traits and hidden events running in the background;

Or if alternatively, it'd be okay if I simply wholly just rip what I need out of this mod ctrl+c ctrl+v style and package it with my own standalone mod, similar to what NoxBestia's has done?

(P.S. I'm far from new in Paradox modding; actually created some relative high-profile mods for HoI4 with some more stuff under way for Stellaris; obviously not under this name :P)

11 hours ago, Alyxa said:

I greatly enjoy Dark World and started modding adult content into the game myself. 

I love the work you (and the community) did, Dark World has gotten a tad bloated; and while I love how there a tons of settings at startup to show or hide certain things, there's still a lot of content that just ruin muh immershun. There's also a lot of bloat in the code and some sub-mods work fine as such, others don't.

I'm wondering if either you could release a bare-bones lite version that just adds the genitalia mechanics and basic traits and hidden events running in the background;

Or if alternatively, it'd be okay if I simply wholly just rip what I need out of this mod ctrl+c ctrl+v style and package it with my own standalone mod, similar to what NoxBestia's has done?

(P.S. I'm far from new in Paradox modding; actually created some relative high-profile mods for HoI4 with some more stuff under way for Stellaris; obviously not under this name :P)

I've no desire to release a lite version (did that in the past). I am considering adding more game rules - to further control what is and isn't made available. I'm open to recommendations.

Unless I'm mistaken - NoxBestia's is a sub-mod and it adds more content on top of what Dark World Reborn does - plus still requires Dark World Reborn. It sounds like you're looking to make a version that wouldn't require Dark World. And while I'm always fine with sub-mods tapping into Dark World, utilizing or altering things to do whatever they want, I don't like the idea of someone taking Dark World, stripping it down to a lite version that doesn't require DW:R, and then posting it as their own. I'll be honest in my initial feeling being one where I'm not liking it, as it feels like taking work done by myself and possibly other contributors, and simply scaling it down to repackage and post it as your own. That feels a bit like stealing or deceiving. Unless I'm not understanding clearly what you mean (which is very possible - I'm sick right now and not at the peak of my mental facilities at all).

11 hours ago, UltraMods said:

Is it just my PC, or does this mod DRASTICALLY reduce the speed of the game? I'm less than 100 years in, and this save is running significantly slower than other saves after 500+ years. Is there any way to solve this, or will I just have to restart without the mod?

The only thing that I can recommend on this part is taking a look at the error.log file to see what it looks like. I know that after the Jade Dragon DLC was released, I went from zero errors to a ton of errors - and they're all vanilla CK2 errors that still get generated whether I'm running with or without mods.

Beyond that, I'm not certain. Most of my computer components are five years old and it seems alright to me. Although I've never gone 500 years deep, so I can't really make a comparison.

Edit - it is possible that the 1.61 release could be causing save game bloat - as it was pointed out that exotic item shopping was a bit too easy for the ai, and it could result in severe artifact book spam with them not being set to stacking = no. If so, it'll be fixed with the next release. If you were seeing this issue prior to the Emporium release, then I've no idea.

5 hours ago, dewguru said:

Unless I'm mistaken - NoxBestia's is a sub-mod and it adds more content on top of what Dark World Reborn does - plus still requires Dark World Reborn.

@dewguru Yes and no on this one.  NDPA is actually now a standalone MOD that copies some stuff from DWR (mostly the NADAMOD traits and a couple other traits but there should be no events copied).  NDPA with the Dark World Compatibility Module is where I have the full integration with Dark World and require Dark World to run.

@dewguru

Mmmh, maybe I phrased it poorly. I'm also new to what I guess you could call the CK2 Adult modding scene. The only thing I'm actually looking at is what seems to be the so called NADAMOD traits; penises and breasts and such and how they are inherited; especially the inheritance aspect of it which is a big ol' complicated and messy behemoth of a system.

Nada has not posted anything since 2015 so I figure they left, meaning asking them for anything and about anything is pointless.

Since I now know that the traits were initially made by nada, means that asking you (dewguru) or even you @noxbestia if I could use what I thought were your traits sort of redundant. Still; tons of updates came out since 2015 and I have no clue how good that code still is and you've been updating it since; further did I notice you two have a ever so slightly different way that you deal with trait inheritance, so I figure that was also not something that came with nada's original mod?

TL:DR

I only want to work with genital traits and inheritance, without having to start from scratch.

56 minutes ago, Alyxa said:

@dewguru

Mmmh, maybe I phrased it poorly. I'm also new to what I guess you could call the CK2 Adult modding scene. The only thing I'm actually looking at is what seems to be the so called NADAMOD traits; penises and breasts and such and how they are inherited; especially the inheritance aspect of it which is a big ol' complicated and messy behemoth of a system.

Nada has not posted anything since 2015 so I figure they left, meaning asking them for anything and about anything is pointless.

Since I now know that the traits were initially made by nada, means that asking you (dewguru) or even you @noxbestia if I could use what I thought were your traits sort of redundant. Still; tons of updates came out since 2015 and I have no clue how good that code still is and you've been updating it since; further did I notice you two have a ever so slightly different way that you deal with trait inheritance, so I figure that was also not something that came with nada's original mod?

I only want to work with genital traits and inheritance, without having to start from scratch.

The history of these MODs and the traits, as I understand it:

1. nadamod introduced the breast traits.
  2. Christianity MOD expanded on that and was what inspired the original Dark World
  3. Dark World added penis traits.
  4. @Liqui Turtle added balls and asses to the mix with his Hentai MOD which was later retired and replaced with DW:ETOS. 
  5. Without knowing about ETOS, I had also made ball traits for my original Darkest Perversions.
  6. I created anal and vaginal flexibility traits
  7. I created pre-pubescent "placeholder" traits so adult sizes could be given at birth but not seen until puberty.  
  8. A group of us @dewguru, @Liqui Turtle, @genericlogin, @Abominus, and myself settled on a standard naming convention and variable names so that our stuff would be cross-compatible and not need special code to make them work together.
  9. @Herring made new trait icons for all of the above.  All of these following a unified appearance and looking quite nice.  (Amusingly, he and I both had made new graphics for the virgin trait, using the lilly, but his looks nicer.)
  10. @Abominus and I added mouth (and muzzle for bestial races) orifice sizes; however those have not yet been released.  The localisation text is in place for the next NDPA and future ALoHa releases

10 hours ago, Alyxa said:

@dewguru

Thank you for the clarification. Since Dark World doesn't use all of the genitalia traits, it wouldn't be a good one to look at. You're probably better hitting up Nox. Also, Nox can speak to you on the naming standards and methods used for helping with cross mod compatibility.

Localisation Error in Bordello Improvement Questline

Everywhere the localisation text references [GetTreasurerName] is blank (see image).  If you want it to say "Steward" (or the cultural equivalent) it should be [Root.GetTreasurerName].  I tested the correction and it works.

image.thumb.png.a7c4fd05683b71db54d2f4d77f7b2cf6.png

I'm looking at releasing another update that will hit either this weekend (17-18) or next weekend (24-25).

I'm considering taking a small break afterwards. I ran into a wall of disinterest yesterday, and I think I need to poke at some other projects since I've only paid attention creatively to this mod for the past few months.

Here's the change log as it presently stands:

v1.63 (Dark World Reborn)
    - WARNING - THIS UPDATE IS NOT SAVE COMPATIBLE - START A NEW GAME
    - Fixed a number of decisions that were no longer allowing self-targeting (I was missing the _including_me filter add-on)
    - Fixed Marshall's Stable Morale event - to ensure that you even have a stable built for consideration in the first place
    - Fixed missing small portraits for some artifacts are now in the .gfx file
    - Added some new events, decisions, potential NPCs
    - Overhaul to standard pregnancy checks used by Dark World reborn
    - Fenris and Vlad now have set_character_flag = eunuch_gift, which ngppgn shared as a quick fix to keeping them from being sent to China to get snipped before they rise to power.
    - Jasmine is no longer randomly seeded in the world
    - New trait added
    - Adjusted ai shopping from once a year, to once every three years
    - Tweaked book artifacts, adding stacking = no in order to reduce the amount of potential books being moved around via inheritances
    - Alchemist shops built in cities should now let people use the Alchemist for shopping
    - Coliseum's built in cities should now let people use the visit arena decision
    - Slavery locations that trigger slavery use expanded to include scopes for city and trading post related buildings

On 2/6/2018 at 8:30 PM, dewguru said:

Fenris doesn't become a ruler of his own domain until a certain amount of time passes (it's quicker with weak leaders, and can be longer if he's constantly becoming a prisoner).

Fenris is also the only werewolf that can roam a much larger than normal range when he hunts (which is intentional to help seed werewolves around the map).

Edit: I've been doing a lot of testing lately, as I found some things that weren't functioning as expected. In my tests that spanned multiple years, he was rising to power as expected. I'll be looking at Fenris again in the next couple releases, as I've some small content plans related to him.

Edit 2: I didn't notice JesusKreist's post before responding, but time frame wise, those are the typical checks. So after the ten year mark, if he's not having to break out of prison, then he should rise to power.

Can we get a cheek so we don't have either Vlad or Fenris taking over the Papcy and other unplayable Pseudo-king level titles ./ religious heads 

On 10/2/2018 at 12:52 PM, UltraMods said:

Is it just my PC, or does this mod DRASTICALLY reduce the speed of the game? I'm less than 100 years in, and this save is running significantly slower than other saves after 500+ years. Is there any way to solve this, or will I just have to restart without the mod?

Of course it will, with all these fertility ability traits what did you expect? And of course.... whoring! lol

The world is filled with bastards and "beautiful creatures"!

Welcome to Dark World!!! Hope you guys have a High-end PC because it gets better further on....!

10 hours ago, Reaper Frank said:

Can we get a cheek so we don't have either Vlad or Fenris taking over the Papcy and other unplayable Pseudo-king level titles ./ religious heads 

To be honest, id rather not. An immortal vampire pope by random is beyond cool.

2 hours ago, penzor said:

I also agree that I prefer the ability of all real world positions to be taken over.

I would prefer instead if this were the case it was a submod that people can optionally enable. I can see either scenario being interesting, either a pure church that hunts vampires/werewolves or a slow corruption of it.

I've been playing this mod for a bit in combination with some of the submods. I've had a few vampire characters but besides me having the trait and some of my babies dying at birth nothing has really happened.

Am I supposed to have any options as a vampire? For example as a werewolf I get to hunt and get other events. As a vampire I haven't received any and I don't seem to be able to do anything to other characters.

11 minutes ago, chb123 said:

I've been playing this mod for a bit in combination with some of the submods. I've had a few vampire characters but besides me having the trait and some of my babies dying at birth nothing has really happened.

Am I supposed to have any options as a vampire? For example as a werewolf I get to hunt and get other events. As a vampire I haven't received any and I don't seem to be able to do anything to other characters.

At the moment the Lilith (incubus/succubus) and Werewolf starts are the only ones that Dew has really developed.

57 minutes ago, Chadraln said:

At the moment the Lilith (incubus/succubus) and Werewolf starts are the only ones that Dew has really developed.

I will (eventually) have one or two events with Vampires, but NDPA probably won't be covering them much either.  My racial focus is (or will be) primarily on demonoids (my own variant if inkubus/sukkubus), anthros (werewolves, kitsune, neko, tanuki, night wolves, etc.), and mythologics (centaurs, minotaurs, beastbred, satyrs & fawns, etc...).

I know tht Warhammer has Vampires, but I have never played one or looked into the code to see what abilities they gave them.  There was once a MOD based on White Wolf's WOD, but it has died and risen from the grave so many times I don't know if it is currently living, dead, or undead.  However, that one I would expect to have the most vampire powers if you were to go looking specifically for that.  My guess is that it won't be compatible with DWR.

8 hours ago, penzor said:

I've seen this happen (with Fenris as the Pope), and I liked it too. Something to consider, too: becoming the Pope is the only way these supposedly important immortal monsters will actually survive. The game where Fenris was the Pope I played a couple hundred years in and he was still there. The next longest I've seen either Fenris or Vlad live was 80 years, and usually they only last 20-30.

14 hours ago, benjo454 said:

It's probably been asked, but i can't find the post amongst the 132 pages, but i have 2 questions, sorry.
Is it possible to have hybrids, like Incubus/Vampire, for example?

And secondly, I have a vampire in my court, can I get it to make me a vampire?

Thanks

You can mix most of the traits together, except vampire and werewolf. Not sure about orc and elf though.

I think vlad is the only vampire that makes more vampires. Only way you can become/make vampires is use console commands, starting campaigns, or making babies if you already have the trait.

2 hours ago, genericlogin said:

I've seen this happen (with Fenris as the Pope), and I liked it too. Something to consider, too: becoming the Pope is the only way these supposedly important immortal monsters will actually survive. The game where Fenris was the Pope I played a couple hundred years in and he was still there. The next longest I've seen either Fenris or Vlad live was 80 years, and usually they only last 20-30.

I have seen Vlad live to 150 once before he was executed by his liege, but only because I married him and ran interference with a cheat mod. They still eventually got him though.