[mod] [CK2] Dark World: Reborn - Updated 01MAY2024

Is there a way to stop the game from spawning the Fairy Tales princesses at the start of the game ?

Disable the content in the start up menu or go into the files and delete the spawn events.

Thanks for the reply :) ! I disabled the content but they kept spawning. Can you tell me where i can find the spawn events ?

They're in the Events folder, in the DWFairyTales file.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi guys, I am new to CK2 and this lovely mod.  I have a quick question, however.  After kidnapping a courtier and she's now in my dungeon, how do I choose certain actions (like rape) to interact with her?  Is there any prerequisite for opening up those menus?  Right now, I'm only seeing the default CK2 choices.  Thanks!

Hi guys, I am new to CK2 and this lovely mod.  I have a quick question, however.  After kidnapping a courtier and she's now in my dungeon, how do I choose certain actions (like rape) to interact with her?  Is there any prerequisite for opening up those menus?  Right now, I'm only seeing the default CK2 choices.  Thanks!

You may need some of the other sub-mods for that, I think. I think the current DW version only supports enslavement, and then only if you've built the requisite building. For rape you'd need Toska's mod (or see my most recent variant of it, in the thread for that mod, as the last version he put up is outdated now).

DWCourtandCommerce.txt - .3110 Marshall's Morale Building idea

The selected commander will be taken out of the whole realm, even if it isn't one of your direct commanders. In the case of a empire, you'll most likely never see your commanders suck a horse. To properly limit the scope, replacing any_realm_character by any_courtier_or_vassal should do the trick I believe. Am I right thinking so?

Offending code:

limit = {
                any_realm_character = {
                    has_minor_title = title_commander
                }
            }

I would also allow any female commander to be able to gain the stable whore trait. Do you think it would be a good idea?

DWSlavery.txt
- DWSlavery.914
If a slave as the "retired whore" trait but trained in pleasure, she can gain both cheap whore and the retired whore trait at the same time.

dw_cc_decisions.txt

- dw_collect_slave_whore_payment

From the decision file, the collect slave whore payment is a targetted decision. However with a huge amount of slaves and a lot of courtiers, it becomes quickly impossible to manage anything. Thus wouldn't it be better to have a intrigue option to show up for collecting money from all slaves on a one year basis?

Managing slaves should have its own interface though, but I don't yet know how to do that.

DWCourtandCommerce.txt - .3110 Marshall's Morale Building idea

The selected commander will be taken out of the whole realm, even if it isn't one of your direct commanders. In the case of a empire, you'll most likely never see your commanders suck a horse. To properly limit the scope, replacing any_realm_character by any_courtier_or_vassal should do the trick I believe. Am I right thinking so?

Offending code:

limit = {
                any_realm_character = {
                    has_minor_title = title_commander
                }
            }

I would also to allow any female commander to be able to gain the stable whore trait. Do you think it would be a good idea?

DWSlavery.txt

- DWSlavery.914

If a slave as the "retired whore" trait but trained in pleasure, she can gain both cheap whore and the retired whore trait at the same time.

dw_cc_decisions.txt

- dw_collect_slave_whore_payment

From the decision file, the collect slave whore payment is a targetted decision. However with a huge amount of slaves are a lot of courtiers, it becomes quickly impossible to manage anything. Thus wouldn't it be better to have a intrigue option to show up for collecting money from all slaves on a one year basis?

Managing slaves should have its own interface though, but I don't yet know how to do that.

My suggestion would be to either have a non-targeted decision that collects from all your slaves, or perhaps simply an on_action annual event that does it automatically.

Hello, I am new to this mod, and I have an question, is it just me, or the vanilla seduction events dont remove the virgin trait? I mean not only thre events where you can show preasts what are they missing, but also the normal seduction end...

I don't think there is a way for dark world to know if a character properly seduced someone. So it is perfectly normal for the virgin trait to remain until the female is pregnant.

Hello, I am new to this mod, and I have an question, is it just me, or the vanilla seduction events dont remove the virgin trait? I mean not only thre events where you can show preasts what are they missing, but also the normal seduction end...

I don't think there is a way for dark world to know if a character properly seduced someone. So it is perfectly normal for the virgin trait to remain until the female is pregnant.

I have an idea, wouldnt it work if somebody took the wol_seduction_events.txt from the events folder and wrote remove_trait virgin FROM and ROOT under every succesfull seduction end or random events (for example that one with priests) (I dont know much about modding, so sorry if I just said something stupid)

I have an idea, wouldnt it work if somebody took the wol_seduction_events.txt from the events folder and wrote remove_trait virgin FROM and ROOT under every succesfull seduction end or random events (for example that one with priests) (I dont know much about modding, so sorry if I just said something stupid)

That would just add more problems down the line. In my opinion, the current way of doing things is sufficient enough.

HI, I have a problem I'm not sure how to fix. I was playing my game normally, Lilith's campaign, I use other mods like Toska and the Mercenary Commander. I also use Slvrbuu's cheat menu, which I decided to update (Worst decision ever), after I loaded my game random people had static portraits, some women had balls and some man had lactating tits, my character was suddenly a werewolf, neko and elf (initially he was an incubus), the traits were all over the place. It was a mess. I tried rolling back the offending mod but it's still the same, I have tried not loading the mod, changes nothing.

I'm not sure if this is a problem wit the order the mods are loaded (traits and portraits) I have also re-installed the mods, but short of re-installing the whole game (which I really don't want to) I'm not sure what to do.

Could someone help me? I would greatly appreciate it.

Some screenshots:

post-1942899-0-63434400-1505314992_thumb.png

post-1942899-0-64034200-1505315002_thumb.png

post-1942899-0-86315300-1505315012_thumb.png

HI, I have a problem I'm not sure how to fix. I was playing my game normally, Lilith's campaign, I use other mods like Toska and the Mercenary Commander. I also use Slvrbuu's cheat menu, which I decided to update (Worst decision ever), after I loaded my game random people had static portraits, some women had balls and some man had lactating tits, my character was suddenly a werewolf, neko and elf (initially he was an incubus), the traits were all over the place. It was a mess. I tried rolling back the offending mod but it's still the same, I have tried not loading the mod, changes nothing.

I'm not sure if this is a problem wit the order the mods are loaded (traits and portraits) I have also re-installed the mods, but short of re-installing the whole game (which I really don't want to) I'm not sure what to do.

Some screenshots:

When you install new mods, or update older mods that introduce new traits, CK2 games get messed up. Not just Dark World. The reason is because traits sort on a numerical line. Add more traits and they get moved around or pushed left or right and thus since you're loading an old save, the traits you have will be the same numbered trait thus messing up your character.

Unless you uninstall whatever mod added more traits, your game is screwed. If you had a mod that was updated and the previous version isn't available, then I'm sorry, there's no helping you there.

Some screenshots:

I stopped using Slvrbuu's cheat menu long ago when it was obsoleted. Look up the one by Sketchy in the workshop that always works fine with DW.

Hi guys,

I have a question regarding Belle's events.

I went to her village, visited the cobbler, went with Belle to the lodge, got her drunk, bedded her, said I would take her (but here the two options are the same, both saying I would take her) and listened to her story about the beast. But next time when I visit the village again, the options were still the same, i.e., the option to go with her to the lodge is still there.

Another issue is that when I went to Belle and suggested to her to go hunting with me (for high martial), she would introduce me to Gaston and I agreed with Gaston to do something about Belle, but afterwards again nothing happens and when I go visit Belle again she's simply gone with the event description saying the part of the story has not been completed.

Are these events supposed to work like these? If not, is there any way to fix it?

Thanks.

• 2 weeks later...

Okay so im trying to set this mod up with elder kings. i know i need to add dependencies = { " Elder Kings " } but do i add this to all the submods too?.

also will the mod interfere with elderkings vampires/overlapping traits?

Sorry I took so long to answer. I assumed someone else would. Yes you have to do that to the submods. Also yes the vampires AND werewolves will overlap if the traits have the same name. Meaning a werewolf in Elder Kings will "hunt for bitches".

My apologies for going offline much, much longer than I expected, and I apologize for I don't presently have plans to look back over the previous stack of pages that passed since I was last online.

Welcome back. Not reading the stack of pages is fine, but how do you feel about specific posts? Here is my thing about some issues I have identified.

My apologies for going offline much, much longer than I expected, and I apologize for I don't presently have plans to look back over the previous stack of pages that passed since I was last online.

Welcome back. Not reading the stack of pages is fine, but how do you feel about specific posts? Here is my thing about some issues I have identified.

This works. I'll try to take a look at them. I'm trying to package and post an update at the moment.

Okay - the update that is being uploaded clears Validator and I'm able to run the game without it dying on me. I honestly don't know exactly where I left off with everything, so there is a very solid chance that a couple things are missing events to take them to completion. As I get back in touch with things, I'll look to plug in what I'm certain are some holes in the content.

Here's the change log for what I'll be uploading here in the coming minutes.

v1.55 (Dark World Reborn)
    - Added another recruit option in the Bordello Improvement event
    - Added new Bordello options to experience some of your special decisions that are made during the Bordello improvement event chain
    - Updated the Bordello event chain, setting up ai_chance ratings that should keep the ai from stealing limited NPCs or triggering global event flags.
    - Fixed a bad factor check on one of the Spend Time With events
    - Fixed the check that was supposed to limit you from getting Shantae multiple times.
    - Fixed - Brothel had a few events set as character_event, which were having image issues as the large image uses narrative_event
    - Added another Rule setting - one where you can disable Bestiality. This is specific towards animals, and doesn't include werewolves or other animal like humanoids.
    - New character modifiers, opinion modifiers, scripted_triggers, and scripted_affects
    - Added images in support of Beyond Heresy mod (provided by Aliris)