[mod] [CK2] Dark World: Reborn - Updated 13APR2024

7 hours ago, NoxBestia said:

Be careful with that one.  It is done through modifying interface/portrait_properties/00_portrait_properties.txt, which is a single file across all mods.  If anyone changes it, then things break for any other mod that changes it.

I believe there is a much better way to do it, though it is a lot harder to explain since I don't yet fully understand all of the nuances.  However, I am using the method with any culturally muslim male with the trap trait to make them appear as a female.  Currently I am experimenting with that very code as a way for my Kitsune to shapeshift, giving appropriate character portraits to match their current form.  I'll let you know how it works out and share my code once I am done and once I can explain it a bit better.

EDIT: It works.  I made this post about it in my NDPA forum.  The code itself will be in my next upload and then I can try to answer any questions about it.

Nice, from reading your post on NDPA I get the complexity of what your are attempting. I will definitely look forward to more details. I just started considering modding. I haven't done any serious programming or modding before. I did lots of tutorial about coding, so i'm knowledgeable but inexperienced, those are my baby steps, though I grasp stuff and logical reasoning quite quickly. 

I'll get some work done and be in touch.

It could be fun to manage to coordinate all the DW sub-mod and DW into a mega-mod, like a dev-team... just ideas like that

Thanks

2 hours ago, dewguru said:

Thanks for the words of support/encouragement.

To address a few questions/comments.

• I'm still going to release something before the end of the month.
  • Right now - if they released another DLC in the next six months or so, I'd update Dark World Reborn if it was necessary to maintain its functionality.
  • With the way ck2 mods work, and the number of sub-mods that vary in what they offer out there, I don't foresee handing the reigns over to anyone else at the moment.
  • I'm going work on some other projects, and enjoy some games.
  • I still enjoy playing ck2, so I may modify Dark World Reborn for my own enjoyment, and if I do, I would imagine I'll post the results for those who were interested.

I also reserve the right to someday experience a complete change of heart and desire once more to push forward on things.

I just know I'll be taking a serious break, that could potentially see me never fully returning to work on it.

Somewhat sad to hear but understandable. I'll hope you return some day with fresh energy but whether that happens or not thank you for the mod.

2 hours ago, notran said:

While processing flags, the game is off. I didn't enabled any mods except Dark World. game version is 2.8.1.1. Please help!

CK2 processes the flags usually only once when it isn't processed yet. One can see that when there is a subfolder for the collection of mods in '\Documents\Paradox Interactive\Crusader Kings II' that is activated. Gamestarts after that is done have a "loading flags" stage that is far faster.

In short do not change any mods and try again. It'll work this time.

On 2/15/2018 at 9:25 PM, dewguru said:

• Right now - if they released another DLC in the next six months or so, I'd update Dark World Reborn if it was necessary to maintain its functionality.
  • With the way ck2 mods work, and the number of sub-mods that vary in what they offer out there, I don't foresee handing the reigns over to anyone else at the moment.
  • I still enjoy playing ck2, so I may modify Dark World Reborn for my own enjoyment, and if I do, I would imagine I'll post the results for those who were interested.

I also reserve the right to someday experience a complete change of heart and desire once more to push forward on things.

I just know I'll be taking a serious break, that could potentially see me never fully returning to work on it.

You do you man, good luck and thanks for the fun while it lasted.

I'd like to share from my current campaign that married unlanded succubi/incubi tend leech their spouses dry. Killing them from the myriad of illnesses that they've contracted. Which is really bad since I'm ruling a large empire and kept inheriting the newly conquered lands back cause the nobles wouldn't stop having the succ. 

Hello there.

Im sorry to bother you with my "problem" but I could use some help/information.

Im probably doing something wrong. 

1) (which i dont want to talk about right now) is that I dont have any options to choose in "mods" on the starting screen, but the content intself is in the game. Although without pictures, mostly its just a text. 

2) (which I want to talk about) how do I activate the Belle's quest? Ive managed to get it working before but after the reinstall I dont know how to start it, there is nothing in the intrique menu (it was something like visit village or something like that). I guess the problem is already starting because of the 1) step but Im lost. 

I was playing skyrim with mods from this site before but I was using a mod manager. Here it is simply un-rar->copy-> overwrite. So Im guessing I've overwrote something I wasnt supposed to but all the mods I have are suppose to work with your mod. 

playing via steam, version of the game is (i believe) 1.8.1.1, Ive got Old gods DLC and the DLC for starting your own dynasty/customizes your character, banner and so.

or do I simply miss something to trigger the event? like... I dont know, building something special in cities/castles? 

sorry once again, im kinda new to CK2 moding. I would have scroll through the forum to look if someone else had a same problem but there are over 100 pages :confused:

1 hour ago, Battle.cry said:

Here it is simply un-rar->copy-> overwrite

You should never overwrite mods in CK2. Delete them then install updated mods.

Belle events take awhile to start. It seems like it takes years for the Alice and later the Queen of Hearts lady(Margeret maybe) events to happen and then years after that belles events happen will start to happen.

I don't know which mods you have but the word is toskas and turtles mods are incompatible right now, just in case you have those.

11 hours ago, Lord of Grain said:

I'd like to share from my current campaign that married unlanded succubi/incubi tend leech their spouses dry. Killing them from the myriad of illnesses that they've contracted. Which is really bad since I'm ruling a large empire and kept inheriting the newly conquered lands back cause the nobles wouldn't stop having the succ. 

I'll set something so the ai is limited with how frequently they'll perform it.

Oh yeah - I'm probably not going to get the release out before the end of February. I decided to try implementing a concept I wanted to try out.

12 hours ago, Battle.cry said:

Hello there.

Im sorry to bother you with my "problem" but I could use some help/information.

Im probably doing something wrong. 

1) (which i dont want to talk about right now) is that I dont have any options to choose in "mods" on the starting screen, but the content intself is in the game. Although without pictures, mostly its just a text. 

2) (which I want to talk about) how do I activate the Belle's quest? Ive managed to get it working before but after the reinstall I dont know how to start it, there is nothing in the intrique menu (it was something like visit village or something like that). I guess the problem is already starting because of the 1) step but Im lost. 

I was playing skyrim with mods from this site before but I was using a mod manager. Here it is simply un-rar->copy-> overwrite. So Im guessing I've overwrote something I wasnt supposed to but all the mods I have are suppose to work with your mod. 

playing via steam, version of the game is (i believe) 1.8.1.1, Ive got Old gods DLC and the DLC for starting your own dynasty/customizes your character, banner and so.

or do I simply miss something to trigger the event? like... I dont know, building something special in cities/castles? 

sorry once again, im kinda new to CK2 moding. I would have scroll through the forum to look if someone else had a same problem but there are over 100 pages :confused:

1. Modding skyrim and CK2 are different process. In CK2 mods are self contained and should be put in %userprofile%\Documents\Paradox Interactive\Crusader Kings II\mod. If you are prompred to override something when installing a CK2 mod, then you did something wrong. I believe you copied the mod files over the base game directory, which is bad. You should now delete your game, remove all the residual files from the steam folder and redownload the game.

2. Belle quest happens automatically after some years.

On 16/02/2018 at 4:25 AM, dewguru said:

Thanks for all the fantastic work you have put into this mod - it really is outstanding.

Best of luck with your other projects! :smile::thumbsup:

Kes

On what I said that DW:R and Christianity are not working well together (dick traits are not getting assigned).

After a few hours of testing, I saw that the DWCore.19 checks if a character does NOT have tits/dicks assigned.

So for me, I just removed the checking for breasts so it now works.

6 hours ago, bicobus said:

1. Modding skyrim and CK2 are different process. In CK2 mods are self contained and should be put in %userprofile%\Documents\Paradox Interactive\Crusader Kings II\mod. If you are prompred to override something when installing a CK2 mod, then you did something wrong. I believe you copied the mod files over the base game directory, which is bad. You should now delete your game, remove all the residual files from the steam folder and redownload the game.

2. Belle quest happens automatically after some years.

so put the whole mod folder into a "mod" folder in documents/paradox...... alright, thanks! :smile:

I know this might sound a little strange given the subject matter but is there a way to not be a complete whore?, or get raped constantly?. I mean I get it, thats the point and all but just a little control over who, where and what she fucks/gets fucked by would be nice. My characters supposedly gay & chaste daughter has been pregnant with 'no characters' children since she took over. I tried to save her virginity for the loss of a big fight but someone just waltzed into her room and had done instead, random event. Nothing I could do about it, also fucking a horse and two guards doesn't really fit with the 'both gay and chaste' thing..  I know I can disable it but I don't really want the darker stuff gone, just the ability to not be raped three times before turning 17.

1 hour ago, sixthtimeiveregistered said:

I know this might sound a little strange given the subject matter but is there a way to not be a complete whore?, or get raped constantly?. I mean I get it, thats the point and all but just a little control over who, where and what she fucks/gets fucked by would be nice. My characters supposedly gay & chaste daughter has been pregnant with 'no characters' children since she took over. I tried to save her virginity for the loss of a big fight but someone just waltzed into her room and had done instead, random event. Nothing I could do about it, also fucking a horse and two guards doesn't really fit with the 'both gay and chaste' thing..  I know I can disable it but I don't really want the darker stuff gone, just the ability to not be raped three times before turning 17.

I might be wrong but I think that is toskas submod doing that. I didnt like it either, because it didnt give any options to avoid it and the only way to turn it off was in the intrigue menu, which kills all that type of content.

4 hours ago, sixthtimeiveregistered said:

I believe you're in the wrong thread. Several of the sub-mods really ramp things up like you're describing, and unless it's werewolves doing the deed via hunt somehow, I don't believe there is anything else in Dark World Reborn that could be doing what you've described.