Lost Saves

The in game delete, will indeed delete the file.  So deleting "in game" deletes the save from your hard disk.  Your only hope is if you have the auto restore function for individual files turned on.  If not, then you are up the creek with no paddle.  Sorry.

It is wise to make a copy of important save games outside of the game for just this reason.  When in doubt, back things up.

The in game delete, will indeed delete the file.  So deleting "in game" deletes the save from your hard disk.  Your only hope is if you have the auto restore function for individual files turned on.  If not, then you are up the creek with no paddle.  Sorry.

It is wise to make a copy of important save games outside of the game for just this reason.  When in doubt, back things up.

So I can auto restore the save files?

It is not a system restore function.  It is an individual file restore function.

Don't know what OS you have, but try the restoring files from previous versions instructions:  http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows7/recover-lost-or-deleted-files

If that doesn't work, then only a third party program will likely work, and even at that, it is possible it will still fail.

Repeat after me your new years resolution:  " I will make regular backups.....I will make regular backups....."

Archived