Dragonborn: Male NPC Animation Fix

View File

You might have noticed that quite a few male NPCs in Dragonborn use female walking/running animations. This is because they are flagged to use the animations for the opposite gender in their records. I don't know if this was intentional or not, but I personally find that rather disturbing. So this plugin basically clears the "Opposite Gender Animation" flag from those male NPCs in the Dragonborn DLC.

Please let me know if you find any other male NPCs like this that I haven't covered in this plugin. I will add them in the next version.

Note: Depending on the version, UDBP/USLEEP users may not need this.

• Submitter
  • Submitted
    02/02/2016
  • Category
  • Requires
    Dragonborn DLC
  • Special Edition Compatible

I made this plugin for my own use actually and I'm currently using it. There are no dirty edits in it and it only does what it says. The only possible issue that I can think of is mod conflict. If you have UDBP/USLEEP or any other mod that modifies the same DB NPCs then it would be a good idea to load them with this plugin in TES5Edit and check for possible conflicts. There are no conflicts with the UDBP version I use. Not sure about the USLEEP as I don't use it. However, this issue mostly seems to effect generic NPCs and a bunch of unimportant named NPCs, so a conflict isn't very likely.

i'm using the last vers of UDBP before it went usleep (213 i think), and it does indeed already fix the majority of the npcs anims in this mod...but not all. there's like 17 or so that this effects and udbp does not. Bradyn, buncha miners, treasure hunter

you might want to carry over all the udbp changes into this mod too. there's alot of changes to facetint, texture lighting settings, level, skills, ect that udbp changes and this mod will now revert back to dragonborn.esm