I installed Riding Styles and when i ran FNIS 7.6 it said "animations installed but no behavior file, Ignored". So i checked the zip file and under meshes/actors/character i found Animations folder but no Behaviors folder. Has it been accidentally left out as without the FNIS file in Behaviors folder the animations wont work in FNIS.

really want to test this mod too.

1 hour ago, Maddac said:

I installed Riding Styles and when i ran FNIS 7.6 it said "animations installed but no behavior file, Ignored". So i checked the zip file and under meshes/actors/character i found Animations folder but no Behaviors folder. Has it been accidentally left out as without the FNIS file in Behaviors folder the animations wont work in FNIS.

set 5.0 above 3.0 version. for some reason 3.0 size is 8mb, 5.0 size is 4mb, maybe will be fixed, but yes, this is issue too... Actually i will check this now

Edit No.2: Yes, i found it as an issue. Behaviours are missing only in 5.0, but not 3.0.
Clear 5.0 install:
Screenshot_138.png.7ff52795bac3e2bfea4f3aa26df1213b.png

Installation of 5.0 above 3.0(with merge):
Screenshot_139.png.d1d57215361996f08824691064f998ab.png

Edited by MaJaNamesuu

By the way, also icy gear clips with uunp hdt, but i didn't said about this because you said that you will do new meshes. Also summoned horse doesn't have a saddle and if you use legs up arms up animation, it will look like holding the horse, not being bound. This is all issues, but as i said, i didn't said about because you will do new animations and meshes.

18 minutes ago, decaluka said:

I've always wanted to try out this mod, so thanks for the update. This is meant to work with the latest version of MNC, right?

I do not think that Riding Styles ever required MNC, it requires Creature Framework for creatures dongs, and nothing more. But sure, i guess you need latest CF.

It seems to work almost perfectly with SE after running it through CAO.

Just like someone mentionned, I had to install the V3 and overwrite it with the V5.

The only issues is the horse models are completely gray instead of having actual textures, but I can live with it

2 minutes ago, Player80 said:

The only issues is the horse models are completely gray instead of having actual textures, but I can live with it

This is SE problem i guess. Legendary Edition doesn't have such issue. I don't have Special Edition installed, so i can't check this.

Try ti instal and have this FNIS report - >>Warning: AnimationList found in  "Animations\RidingStyles", but no corresponding Behavior file. Incomplete mod IGNORED.<<

Is it problem?

9 hours ago, Maddac said:

Derp.  Forgot to include the behavior file. Have updated to V5.1 that includes behavior file.

8 hours ago, MaJaNamesuu said:

set 5.0 above 3.0 version. for some reason 3.0 size is 8mb, 5.0 size is 4mb, maybe will be fixed, but yes, this is issue too... Actually i will check this now

Edit No.2: Yes, i found it as an issue. Behaviours are missing only in 5.0, but not 3.0.
Clear 5.0 install:
Screenshot_138.png.7ff52795bac3e2bfea4f3aa26df1213b.png

Installation of 5.0 above 3.0(with merge):
Screenshot_139.png.d1d57215361996f08824691064f998ab.png

Work around should work for V5.0, no longer needed for V5.1, but thanks for posting.

By the way, also icy gear clips with uunp hdt, but i didn't said about this because you said that you will do new meshes. Also summoned horse doesn't have a saddle and if you use legs up arms up animation, it will look like holding the horse, not being bound. This is all issues, but as i said, i didn't said about because you will do new animations and meshes.

Yes, Icy Gear would need a body slide file to probably fully work, and I don't have knowledge/skills to create one.  I might be able to just create an alternate texture set for DD assets so it would pull from any DD meshes you have installed and use the icy textures. 

8 hours ago, decaluka said:

I've always wanted to try out this mod, so thanks for the update. This is meant to work with the latest version of MNC, right?

I do not think that Riding Styles ever required MNC, it requires Creature Framework for creatures dongs, and nothing more. But sure, i guess you need latest CF.

On note of the two above, the mod uses Creature Framework, the most current version of which (which is needed) is part of MNC.  So, the answer is "kind of".  

7 hours ago, Player80 said:

Just like someone mentionned, I had to install the V3 and overwrite it with the V5.

7 hours ago, MaJaNamesuu said:

This is SE problem i guess. Legendary Edition doesn't have such issue. I don't have Special Edition installed, so i can't check this.

I'm guessing that there's some SE issue with textures being mapped differently with SE.  Haven't looked into and don't have SE to check.  If someone wants to make an SE version I can post it in the file download alongside the LE version.

1 hour ago, crococat said:

Try ti instal and have this FNIS report - >>Warning: AnimationList found in  "Animations\RidingStyles", but no corresponding Behavior file. Incomplete mod IGNORED.<<

Is it problem?

I just updated to V5.1 that should fix this.  I forgot to repack the behavior file so it was missing from V5.0.  It's now repacked in V5.1 and should be good to go without needing to install V3.0 and override anymore.

14 minutes ago, Dovahbear91 said:

On V5.0 on SE, player mounts and then runs above mount as if they where running on the ground. When dismounting, mount turns invisible but hitbox stays in position. Cannot resummons as issue is recurring 

Updated to 5.1

>Warning: \character\behaviors\FNIS_RidingStyles_Behavior.hkx not Skyrim SE compatible

Could be that the animations need porting to skyrim se as its 64x. Right now when installing the mod, characters T-pose but animals remain moving. Someone needs to upgrade the behaviours for it to be SE compatible.

Side note: Id recommend purchasing skyrim se, the performance is a lot better and it allows for more mods to run concurrently without issue 

Edited by Dovahbear91
more info
10 hours ago, Player80 said:

Could you post the changed file you made so the rest of the sse users can indulge? That would be awesome 

2 hours ago, Mailboxhozers said:

Quick question, I didn't notice anywhere either that or I'm blind, how do you reset the values for the x, y, and z?

In hind sight, I don't think I thought to put in something to reset the values back to their base.  But they are set up so that they can go pos/neg depending on holding left shift, so you should be able to get back to 0. I can try and remember to look into a reset key in the future.

1 hour ago, Dovahbear91 said:

Could you post the changed file you made so the rest of the sse users can indulge? That would be awesome 

If someone wants to post a working sse file for V5.1, I'll update the front post to link back to it.

30 minutes ago, Seabook00 said:

when i use the menu to mount my character mount normally but then stand up on top of the horse and i get a message saying trying to change aa set

This likely means that either: A) you didn't run FNIS or B) you are running SE.  Mod is for LE and to my knowledge the animation files need to be changed going from LE to SE.  See above posts.

Issue i completely forgot to mention. Giant ride. If i don't use summonned Giant(to be honest who will use real giant for this) animations get broken and basically you aren't even attached to them. Summonned giant doesn't have such issue

Examples:
How it should be:

Spoiler

735196088_Rory-Skyrim2021-06-0809_35_18.png.1e83525b970549b6c5929561e61b028b.png

How it is working:

Spoiler

1569711909_Rory-Skyrim2021-06-0809_36_57.png.6a6034d4d07f5c80ad466e6996eb5776.png1239324223_Rory-Skyrim2021-06-0809_40_33.png.269637d1fa2d664acc6e42511a68db45.png

Giant BJ animation doesn't even flip you as it should if used on real giant

Oh and, just personal issue: Summonned Giant doesn't have his dick naked. And i don't know why. Maybe it is mine Creature Framework, but i honestly don't know
Natural giants have them, just CF got laggy lol

Edited by MaJaNamesuu
Remark
28 minutes ago, MaJaNamesuu said:

Issue i completely forgot to mention. Giant ride. If i don't use summonned Giant(to be honest who will use real giant for this) animations get broken and basically you aren't even attached to them. Summonned giant doesn't have such issue

Examples:
How it should be:

Reveal hidden contents

735196088_Rory-Skyrim2021-06-0809_35_18.png.1e83525b970549b6c5929561e61b028b.png

How it is working:

Reveal hidden contents

1569711909_Rory-Skyrim2021-06-0809_36_57.png.6a6034d4d07f5c80ad466e6996eb5776.png1239324223_Rory-Skyrim2021-06-0809_40_33.png.269637d1fa2d664acc6e42511a68db45.png

Giant BJ animation doesn't even flip you as it should if used on real giant

Oh and, just personal issue: Summonned Giant doesn't have his dick naked. And i don't know why. Maybe it is mine Creature Framework, but i honestly don't know
Natural giants have them, just CF got laggy lol

Hmmm, ok.  For the first part, I can't reproduce the issue on my end, but I can guess what might be causing it.  My guess would be that the riding skeleton isn't getting properly assigned to the giant so the player essentially mounts it like it was  horse but then the game has nowhere to attach the player.  If you have console enabled and know how to, if you could reproduce the situation and then check the giant being used to see both what race it is listed as and what mod (or base game) it is from that would be helpful.

For the second part of no dick, that's interesting because I just realized I'm having the same issue (didn't notice it before).  Checking Creature Framework after mounting, it lists that the giant should be in the "stripped aroused" configuration, so I'll have to look into that a bit I guess.

47 minutes ago, fingerscrossed said:

Hmmm, ok.  For the first part, I can't reproduce the issue on my end, but I can guess what might be causing it.  My guess would be that the riding skeleton isn't getting properly assigned to the giant so the player essentially mounts it like it was  horse but then the game has nowhere to attach the player.  If you have console enabled and know how to, if you could reproduce the situation and then check the giant being used to see both what race it is listed as and what mod (or base game) it is from that would be helpful.

I've got the problem. Giant looks. Vanilla Giant(just pants) is working okay, but giant with troll skull(i will call them like that) causes this. I do not really know why, but seems like Troll Skull giants are vanilla. Here you can see

Spoiler

Screenshot_151.png.514bfa10f6774a2eeef4750f2c594b1c.pngScreenshot_152.png.6036a2f14c597352d9f43d2108485484.pngScreenshot_153.png.f97fc6f51f7f83f4d211c99824f6a6c8.png

You have to correct script for alternate giant looks as i can see. By the way, this is how RS2 works with console spawned Giant

Spoiler

Screenshot_154.png.e5ce0858e3ac2ef8f05183013313aca1.png

Everything is quitta okay.

By the way i do not think that problem might be in that i am using Russian version of Skyrim... I really do not want to use English version. Race of this Troll Skull Giant is squares and haves id of 80000000, but every npc haves this issue... vanilla. However, i can use vanilla horses and their animations are working properly

Edited by MaJaNamesuu

An update after so long! Thanks for your hard work dearie. Does make me wonder if riding like this could trigger an arousal increase or orgasm in SLAL, but nice nonetheless. I will test out the changes shortly, thank you for giving it a touchup.