On 7/2/2021 at 3:53 AM, Balgin said:

Devious Devices has updated to a whole new major version number but I haven't updated it yet because of YPS. In all honesty YPS is the main reason I check Lover's Lab on a daily basis hoping for an update.

I can assure you: DD5.1 and YPS in the lastest version are working together without issues.

I just updated this mod from  version 6.0.0 and now I'm having a bit of a strange issue.  Whenever my hair grows to a new stage that's longer than shoulder length, it will always change my hairstyle to the default shoulder length hair (for example, my hair just grew to hip length but the style it changed to is the vanilla shoulder length).  I have pretty much all the listed hair mods and it worked fine before updating.  All the hairs also show up when I go to the stylist so it's not that I'm not missing the different hairs.

Edited by A Hobbit
5 hours ago, A Hobbit said:

I just updated this mod from  version 6.0.0 and now I'm having a bit of a strange issue.  Whenever my hair grows to a new stage that's longer than shoulder length, it will always change my hairstyle to the default shoulder length hair (for example, my hair just grew to hip length but the style it changed to is the vanilla shoulder length).  I have pretty much all the listed hair mods and it worked fine before updating.  All the hairs also show up when I go to the stylist so it's not that I'm not missing the different hairs.

Your hair resets to the default hairstyle for the length every time it grows if there's not a specific style defined in ypsHairgrowthDatabase.json. The vanilla ypsHairDefault.json uses HairFemaleNord01 for every stage from shoulder-length on.

5 hours ago, chaimhewast said:

Your hair resets to the default hairstyle for the length every time it grows if there's not a specific style defined in ypsHairgrowthDatabase.json. The vanilla ypsHairDefault.json uses HairFemaleNord01 for every stage from shoulder-length on.

Thank you!  I guess when I updated the mod I accidently replaced the KS hairdos ypsHairDefault.json with the vanilla version but I fixed it now.

Hello again.

Before opening the topic in the request section for creating mods, I wanted to ask if there is here those who could create an add-on for this mod for a fee on a free schedule?
Since some of you may be familiar with how to create mods, and perhaps who am also partially familiar with the organization of this particular mod. And the last reason but no less important is that those who are interested in the theme of fashion are sitting here, which means there is understanding in what style the author would create dialogues and events in the final part stories (much better than those who are completely unfamiliar with the mod and did not communicate in this topic).

I myself am very badly familiar with work in "Creation Kit", but I can help in the formation plot twists and events. But since I perceive plot modes as a book, then I do not think it is interesting to read what I wrote myself, because I already know the lines and what or plot intrigues (alas, I'm not one of those who wants to re-read books again).
Therefore, whenever possible, I would like to minimize my participation in the development of dialogues and plot, indicating perhaps the key points.

As for the payment - I have never paid for the creation of mods before, and not really I represent the foam of such an event. And therefore I would like to hear your options and with for our part, propose an option for a non-standardized time period for creating separate plot pieces, and pay as you create those pieces of story.
Thus, the one who undertakes this activity does not wake up limited in time and will be able to do this only when it is convenient for him, and also pay money in portions I am more likely to be able to meet the reasonable price requested for completion of the story as a whole. Well, in general, so the story from the frozen stage at last will begin to move towards its finale (or finals), and there may be those who wish to help (or in revision or financially).

If there are no interested persons here, I try to look for someone in the topics for creating, but by for the reasons described above, I would like to agree with the participants on this topic.

Well, or if there is absolutely no one here, then maybe multiply with the search for someone who will take on the creation of a plot add-on for this mod.

P.S. Also, if  emily1673 when ever comes back to finalizing this mod, it will be possible to either leave this as a fork, or this add-on will also serve as the basis for completion of the original mod.

Edited by skyrim696696
25 minutes ago, skyrim696696 said:

If there are no interested persons here, I try to look for someone in the topics for creating, but by for the reasons described above, I would like to agree with the participants on this topic.

Well, or if there is absolutely no one here, then maybe multiply with the search for someone who will take on the creation of a plot add-on for this mod.

The cost of paid mod creation is usually really high (thousands of dollars for a small mod).

4 hours ago, Fuzzy_Fox said:

During the Dibela follower quest when you get the belt and bra of curves. Is there a way to remove the belt in game? I know the quest was never finished but it seems odd that there was never a way to get rid of the belt as well. 

Technically it is possible to use AddItemMenu to spawn the key that unlocks the belt.  The key has been in the mod for quite a few versions now. Originally the key did not work but now it seems to. However, the belt is not fully removed because if you put it on again for any reason (let's say, to test if removing it did more than remove the item) you're treated to the transformation and forced into racemenu as if you'd donned the belt and bra for the very first time (even 'though you're probably not wearing the bra at this point). This is interesting because, originally, the transformation only triggers when you're wearing both items regardless of which you put on last. This could mean that the bra has some lasting effect after being removed (as in it could still be considered to be worn as well).

I haven't tested removing the belt then donning the bra again to see if that also triggers the transformation sequence or not. It could just be that the belt is going to trigger the transformation as long as the bra has been put on at least once. I've also only tested this at the end of the quest. I haven't tried removing the bra early then putting it on again to see what happens. I should probably experiment with that.

Edited by Balgin

On 7/7/2021 at 10:19 PM, Darkwing241 said:

The cost of paid mod creation is usually really high (thousands of dollars for a small mod).

Is this forum only for New Zealanders, or I don’t know something? After all, there are many countries where you can live on $ 1000 for a month, and at the same time not save and live normally. Or is everything so bad in Europe? I have $ 1,500 for living, I have enough ykbt, and I do not live poorly.

And yes, my uncle is a programmer and he receives $ 2100 a month and lives with his wife very well, but he doesn’t collect his programs in designers, but from the night until the end he works them through the compilers manually.

Well, if everything is so sad, then I close this question and wash my hands =).

Edited by skyrim696696

posting here because the SE version is a lot less active so sorry for that because I am using the SE version, but I'm running into a problem mid playthrough where yps no longer applies any tats. I can add them manually in ST so I know it's not a texture issue but I don't know what could be causing it since I haven't added any new mods in a while and starting a new save didn't fix it either. Again sorry for posting in the LE thread for an SE issue but any suggestions for fixes or a cause to the problem are welcome.

8 hours ago, skyrim696696 said:

Is this forum only for New Zealanders, or I don’t know something? After all, there are many countries where you can live on $ 1000 for a month, and at the same time not save and live normally. Or is everything so bad in Europe? I have $ 1,500 for living, I have enough ykbt, and I do not live poorly.

This is an English speaking board, but all are welcome here.  It would make sense to calculate cost based on America/Europe ect.  In the US unskilled labor is $10 per hour, my very basic armor mod involved at least 100 hours of work.  That's modeling though, it's not unskilled labor it's high skill labor.  The complicated scripting required to make a mod like immersive fashion work is even higher skilled.  So more like $25-100 per hour is required to motivate people to do something they don't already want to do.  

The people that make these mods are really REALLY smart people, if they want money there are usually plenty of ways for them to get it.  You are going to need to pay them more than what they could make working at a fast food restaurant.

My apologies for catching up here.

Has anyone taken over providing fixes for YPS?

I created a small patch for myself to work with Hormones. All it does is introduce a Silent mode to trigger YPS effects without notifications or sounds.

This is useful for simulating hairloss without having the buzzing sound in the background for example.

I am planning on making that patch available in my Obscure Patches page, but if anyone is consolidating updates, I would prefer submitting my changes to them instead.

1 hour ago, DeepBlueFrog said:

Has anyone taken over providing fixes for YPS?

Nope. There's 2 or 3 small patches that all do different things. There's YPS Growing Pubic Hairs (which changes the way pubic hair grows and allows shaving to be used to attain various pubic hair styles).

YPS Growing Pubic Hairs

Then there's Devious Body Alteration which takes inspiration from how YPS handled high heel training but doesn't really interact with anything else from YPS.

Devious Body Alteration

Then there's Monoman's mod tweaks which makes some small changes to YPS (mostly minor quality of life stuff).

Monoman's mod tweaks

However Monoman also started doing updates for PCHS' Wartimes mod. and has included a more up to date version of his YPS tweak on page 24 of that thread (YPS tweak version 1.7 as opposed to the version 1.3 tweak on his mod tweaks page). This version fixes some things with nylons so they hopefully don't break racemenu the way they did before.

PCHS Wartimes mod thread page 24

There might have been one other tweak patch but I can't remember what it was and cannot find it now.

I can't find my post in your Hormones thread quoting Emily's post from this thread giving people permission to continue work on the mod (but I think that was something like November 2018 before she came back to work on the mod for 8-9 glorious months in 2019/2020). Beyond that nobody's done any updates for the YPS main mod since May last year so that's 14 months ago now.

What little people have produced is rather scattered (especially Monoman's 1.7 tweak which is buried mid forum thread and has to be searched for any time he updates it as he'll post in the thread that he's updated it but won't post the actual update so you have to go back all the way to page 24 and find it again every time). In fact I only discovered he'd updated it a few weeks ago myself. Currently there's a few different people making minor tweaks but no organised effort to try to get the mod back on track or anything.

Edited by Balgin
On 7/9/2021 at 5:00 AM, H Bof said:

SE issue but any suggestions

Use YPS function remove all, like going uninstall.

Remove all tats in slave tats.

Do NOT apply YPS tats manually.

Set in YPS the feature "lock" slave tats slots.

Thats it, test it with eyeshadow etc, and check in slave tats if locked.

Have ALL YPS funtions reserved a slot before applying another tat

from any other source.

2 hours ago, Balgin said:

Nope. There's 2 or 3 small patches that all do different things. There's YPS Growing Pubic Hairs (which changes the way pubic hair grows and allows shaving to be used to attain various pubic hair styles).

YPS Growing Pubic Hairs

Then there's Devious Body Alteration which takes inspiration from how YPS handled high heel training but doesn't really interact with anything else from YPS.

Devious Body Alteration

Then there's Monoman's mod tweaks which makes some small changes to YPS (mostly minor quality of life stuff).

Monoman's mod tweaks

However Monoman also started doing updates for PCHS' Wartimes mod. and has included a more up to date version of his YPS tweak on page 24 of that thread (YPS tweak version 1.7 as opposed to the version 1.3 tweak on his mod tweaks page). This version fixes some things with nylons so they hopefully don't break racemenu the way they did before.

PCHS Wartimes mod thread page 24

There might have been one other tweak patch but I can't remember what it was and cannot find it now.

I can't find my post in your Hormones thread quoting Emily's post from this thread giving people permission to continue work on the mod (but I think that was something like November 2018 before she came back to work on the mod for 8-9 glorious months in 2019/2020). Beyond that nobody's done any updates for the YPS main mod since May last year so that's 14 months ago now.

What little people have produced is rather scattered (especially Monoman's 1.7 tweak which is buried mid forum thread and has to be searched for any time he updates it as he'll post in the thread that he's updated it but won't post the actual update so you have to go back all the way to page 24 and find it again every time). In fact I only discovered he'd updated it a few weeks ago myself. Currently there's a few different people making minor tweaks but no organised effort to try to get the mod back on track or anything.

Thanks for the extensive reply.

Given the tight integration between Hormones and YPS for the Bimbo curse and other effects, I would like to offer creating a repo about YPS code on my GitHub account to help coordinate community provided fixes in one place.

That would make it easier for Emily if or when she comes back to it.

On 7/11/2021 at 10:16 AM, T-lam said:

Use YPS function remove all, like going uninstall.

Remove all tats in slave tats.

Do NOT apply YPS tats manually.

Set in YPS the feature "lock" slave tats slots.

Thats it, test it with eyeshadow etc, and check in slave tats if locked.

Have ALL YPS funtions reserved a slot before applying another tat

from any other source.

tried all of those except I don't remember if I had other tats on at the time so I'll give it another shot and report back

Edit: still didn't work I'll try a new game without YPS installed at all and add it and see what happens

Edited by H Bof

So I've had an issues for a long while that I've ignored for one reason or another but I thought I'd post it to see if anyone has any general ideas. YPS hair growth. The mod tracks the length of my hair no problem, BUT, the actual hair style stops at shoulder length and it won't load any hair longer than that. It is almost like it cannot find other hair styles or maybe the updates the the various hair styles have changed something in their descriptions to where YPS can no longer identify them as a certain length? Any ideas?

8 hours ago, jayce113 said:

So I've had an issues for a long while that I've ignored for one reason or another but I thought I'd post it to see if anyone has any general ideas. YPS hair growth. The mod tracks the length of my hair no problem, BUT, the actual hair style stops at shoulder length and it won't load any hair longer than that. It is almost like it cannot find other hair styles or maybe the updates the the various hair styles have changed something in their descriptions to where YPS can no longer identify them as a certain length? Any ideas?

Answer is about 15 posts above yours - with the standard ypsHairDefault.json, you will only ever see your hair grow to HairFemaleNord01 once it reaches shoulder length. The mod ships with alternate versions of that file for KS Hair and KS HDT Hair, but you can also edit it yourself if you know the Editor IDs of the hairstyles you want.

If you have styles that fit in the longer categories from one of the supported mods, you should still be able to use the items listed in the description to style the hair to length-appropriate styles.

12 hours ago, jayce113 said:

Not sure about an overall fix but maybe try going into the custom hair styles menu and set some yourself, if you set a hair to the slot that corresponds to its length; such as placing a "chin length" style in slot 6 and making it a standard style cut YPS will then use that as the default style for that length. Not sure if you've tried this yet and if you have make sure you typed exactly what is shown in racemenu when you select that hair (it's also worth noting that non-human races such as elves have some specific variations of some styles i.e. "KSSMP_Paraguay_Elf" instead of "KSSMP_Paraguay") so if you're playing a non-human make sure that isn't an issue either.

4 hours ago, chaimhewast said:

Answer is about 15 posts above yours - with the standard ypsHairDefault.json, you will only ever see your hair grow to HairFemaleNord01 once it reaches shoulder length. The mod ships with alternate versions of that file for KS Hair and KS HDT Hair, but you can also edit it yourself if you know the Editor IDs of the hairstyles you want.

If you have styles that fit in the longer categories from one of the supported mods, you should still be able to use the items listed in the description to style the hair to length-appropriate styles.

I can still use the hair styling station to do any hair I want, the only time it is an issue is the MtF quest and the Bimbo TF in Hormones where it won't let you change your hair once the "curse" is complete. So, I see where there are the 5 folders with 01 before them. Do I just delete out everything except the one I want? Will setting the custom hair styles bypass the default? Sorry if it is a dumb question, still fairly new to the whole modding arena.

7 hours ago, jayce113 said:

So, I see where there are the 5 folders with 01 before them. Do I just delete out everything except the one I want?

When you installed this mod, your mod manager should have read the fomod file and provided you with an installer. From that installer, you would have chosen one of those folders (they're all different versions of the same file) to install.

7 hours ago, jayce113 said:

Will setting the custom hair styles bypass the default? Sorry if it is a dumb question, still fairly new to the whole modding arena.

By the looks of the description, yes. I've never messed with that setting though so I don't know how well it works.