Star Wars Stuff (Spoilers)

Myst42

There is still hope for making Mara Jade cannon, but not like she was before and now is in legends. I mean here as wife of Luke Skywalker etc.

Since Thrawn is made cannon, maybe Disney will change mind about few things, especially about The Old Republic era, where was Revan etc.

I already know that many Bothans died to bring them the information, so why do I need to watch the movie? So I can see a de-aged Tarkin?

That was the second Death Star. Common mistake.

Rogue One is actually pretty different from the numbered films. Obvious CGI necromancy aside, if the others weren't your thing, Rogue One might be more your speed.

I only read the first and second post.  But if Star Wars Rebels is canon, then Thrawn and Malachor V are canon.  Since they both made an appearance in the series.  Malachor V was the planet that was destroyed by the Exile under Revan's command in the Mandalorian Wars.  Also I remember there was a rumor that Kreia was gonna be made canon.  This I really had high hopes for since she's my favorite Star Wars character ever.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aDE6ER5P53k

But in all honesty, I was never that big a fan of Star Wars. I enjoyed bits and pieces of A New Hope and Return of the Jedi, while liking almost the whole of Empire Strikes Back. The prequels are horrible, while Force Awakens was a desperate attempt at cashing in on nostalgia that left me bored and not looking forward to anything else. I have no plans on seeing Rogue One.

I really enjoyed Knights of the Old Republic and the sequel... up until it had no goddamned ending at all, because Obsidian can't help but drop the goddamned ball at the last moment.

It wasn't Obsidian that dropped the ball it was LucasArts that forced them to rush the game in time for Christmas.

Yep Rebles is cannon. There is a list of all the canon stuff, even some old EU stuff is still canon. I for one enjoy both the Disney Universe and EU

e.g If you think Darth Vader was dark in the films, bro read the comics and books hes done worse things then slaughtering Younglings 

It wasn't Obsidian that dropped the ball it was LucasArts that forced them to rush the game in time for Christmas.

Obsidian Defense Force, assemble!

No, I'm not defending Obsidian, well in this case yes.  But it's well documented that LucasArts forced them to complete the game regardless if it was finished by Christmas.   I know there are people that blindly protect Obsidian.  But like I said this has been well documented.

Anyone else think a Rey is a Kenobi

Oh boy this theory.  I hate hate hate this theory.

Let's weigh some evidence, shall we?

Pro Skywalker:

• Her dreams are pretty clearly an allusion to the planet Luke ran off to.
  • It's Anakin Skywalker's lightsaber she's drawn to.
  • It's Anakin's lightsaber that triggers her visions - visions of events dealing with Luke and his school, as well a brief glimpse of her immediate future.
  • She is a naturally gifted pilot - a long-standing Skywalker trait.
Pro Kenobi:
  • She hears Obi-Wan's voice during her Force-induced vision.
The evidence she is a Kenobi is almost nonexistent, based more on wild speculation and wishful thinking than anything we see in the movie.  The accent argument is especially stupid - accents aren't genetic, they can be learned and picked up, and clearly Rey was dropped off at a very young age and into a community where the accent she wound up with is obviously spoken at least to some degree (Unkar Plutt had it).  You could further argue that Kylo being involved in her visions is additional evidence, seeing as he too is of Skywalker blood, but IMO that's really stretching it.

It is basically impossible for her to be a Kenobi unless the story does something incredibly stupid like introduce a new Kenobi child.  This is the best case scenario for Kenobi theorists - since her being anything other than a Skywalker wouldn't make any sense considering what we know, the best she can be a Skywalker/Kenobi from an unknown Kenobi daughter. Except that would clash with everything we know about Obi-Wan. He was very traditional, seemed to have no attachments during the prequels, and was a hermit doing basically nothing but keeping an eye on Luke on Tatooine for about two decades after EpIII. Unless a future season of Rebels does something to explain it, it just isn't possible given what we know now.  It's a bad theory is what I'm saying.

I have insisted from day 1 and will continue to insist - her father is not the mystery.  Her father is painfully obvious.

The mystery is... who - and where - is her mother?

My theory is she died in Kylo's attack on Luke's Jedi Academy.  After seeing his partner and all of his students slaughtered, basically everything he cared about destroyed before his eyes, he did the only thing he could think to do - get his last remaining ray of sunshine as far away from him as possible both physically and by association - if Kylo never knew about her, he wouldn't know to kill or turn her to the Dark Side (because that strategy worked so well with him and Leia, but I digress).

Another possibility is her mother clashed with Luke over something and left him, taking Rey with her and depositing her on Jakku or with someone who in turn discarded her on Jakku.  Maybe she saw something in Kylo, a warning sign, or maybe she realized before Luke that adhering to the old ways was the wrong path to take and wanted to get their daughter out of the way when shit inevitably went down.  Or perhaps she simply couldn't adjust to the lifestyle of a Jedi Master, not being a prospective Jedi herself, and just left.

But there's no evidence for any of that whatsoever.  The biggest hole is, with Kylo only being about ten years older, he'd have to be around 16 to lead the massacre at the Academy in order for Rey to be abandoned on Jakku as young as she appeared to be, and young enough to pick up the accent.  Not impossible, certainly, but it seems unlikely.  

Still, any guess as to her mother and her whereabouts is a complete stab in the dark.  As little evidence as there is, there's still more evidence to support the Kenobi theory than any theory as to her mother... lol

...well this post got out of hand

I agree, I've seen every theory possible on Youtube, (Not watched any though) some claim she is a Skywalker, some claim she is a Kenobi some even claim is is Anakin reborn or the True Chosen one. I for one like ot think she is a Skywalker too but if not then I do have a theory of my own.

Rey was dropped off on Jakuu when she was young, now slight spoiler but the ship that flys off she sees is Luke's ship looks a lot and I mean a lot from Legions so theirs a chance he dropped her off. Now shes wear robes, similar to Jedi robes when dropped off, yes perfect for the desert too and of cause the Lightsaber called to her. Now going on this information I think she is a surviving Jedi Youngling who Kylo missed when he killed Lukes Jedi, or infact she is his daughter and thats how she survived maybe Luke saved her or something but it does go with what we see in the flim, why Kylo is after a girl and she is talented in the force even though shes not sure what the force is till its explained by Maz and Han Solo in FW. Now the Vision, she see Lukes Past, hears Yoda, Obi Wan and Darth Vader breathing, Luke's Jedi killed by Kylo and the First Order. This could be the force helping Rey come to terms with who she is and her destiny.

Anyway thats my theroy  

On the Wiki:

Born
200 BBY, Kashyyyk

Died
25 ABY, Sernpidal

More Info From the Wiki:

In 25 ABY, Chewbacca, Han Solo and his youngest son Anakin were sent by Lando Calrissian to pick up a shipment on Sernpidal. When they arrived, the Solos and Chewbacca met an old man, the former mayor of Sernpidal City, who informed them that Dobido was headed on a collision course with Sernpidal and that it was orbiting its host quickly, dropping closer to Sernpidal at regular intervals. While Chewbacca and Han began loading as many people as they could onto the Falcon, Anakin rushed off into Sernpidal City with the mayor in tow. Chewie and Solo managed to evacuate as many people as they could hold, managing to rescue thousands ofSernpidalians, using the Millennium Falcon and various other starships.

Anakin calculated Dobido would collide with Sernpidal in seven hours. This event, unbeknownst to them, was a result of the Yuuzhan Vong tactic, Yo'gand's Core. As the winds picked up, Anakin was knocked into the distance, causing Chewie to run after him. Chewie was able to bring Anakin to safety on theFalcon, but another blast of wind knocked him out of reach. Anakin piloted the Falcon, while his father stood on the entrance ramp hoping to lift Chewie up, but was forced to flee from Sernpidal when he realized it was too late to save Chewie. The Wookiee stood in the moon's trajectory, howling defiantly, and was crushed to death with those Sernpidalians who could not escape. His death drove Han to a resentment of his son Anakin. Han eventually recovered and forgave his son, but the death of his battle-brother and dearest companion would stick with him forever.

Except this is all EU stuff and that's no longer canon. They can do what they want.

no they cant they just cant uncanon things thats been around for years

Except for the 7 movies (Episode 7 is entirely a shot for shot remake of Episode 4 but with shitty characters) the Clone Wars animated show, Rebels and comics that have been released since the Disney buyout, almost 40 years worth of books, comics, shows and video games have been deemed non-existent by Disney. What Disney did was kill Star Wars when they bought it then revive it's corpse as Episode 7. I love Star Wars but I've never felt the slightest interest in torturing myself by watching Episode 7 or Rogue One.

OMG wow ok thats dark, well I am also a Hardcore Star Wars fan and I have to say at least give Rogue one a try.

I agree they did mess it up removing 40 years of star wars but lets be honest it wasnt all good, I mean Jar Jar is the worst thing to ever happen to star wars but there are other things that really sucked. Yes we had Grand Admirla Thrawn back, yes many things have been brought back, I say give it a try even if u dont like Disney try it.

Or just watch the last 30 minutes of Rogue one omg that was so epci the best thing ever

Seriously.

The last act of Rogue One is basically a World War 2 movie, right down to storming the beaches. It's really good. It also contained a truly amazing sequence involving Vader that paints a vivid picture of just how powerful a Sith is compared to the average foot soldier. It's a wonderful contrast to the otherwise very grounded movie up until that point, firmly rooting it as a Star Wars movie in the process.

Again, if the main numbered films aren't your favorite thing but you didn't hate them either, you'll probably like Rogue One more. It's very much its own thing despite tying directly into A New Hope, and pulls it off pretty well.

(Episode 7 is entirely a shot for shot remake of Episode 4 but with shitty characters)

Fuck you, Poe Dameron is awesome and his bromance with Finn is amazing.

I can't really argue much about the others, though. Rey is a Mary Sue and while I like Kylo, I absolutely see why a lot of other people don't.

As for it being a shot-for-shot remake, well, yeah. It's a love letter from a longtime fan of the franchise. It's fine if you hate that, but that doesn't mean it's inherently a bad decision. A New Hope is 40 years old, plenty old enough to warrant a reboot or remake. Force Awakens just did it in a way where they didn't have to reboot everything, just the hit-or-miss expanded universe stuff that was honestly 50% just Jar Jar-tier stupid shit anyway.

At the absolute least, if you haven't already, look up the scene Darth Vader cuts through a hallway full of Rebel soldiers. Here's one that cuts it into the opening a A New Hope. At least watch this.

I don't understand how Vader Redeemed himself, sure he saved Luke and killed the Emperor bu does that make up for all the Evil he did.

Because he "brought balance to the Force" by destroying the then current and only Dark Lords of the Sith, Palpy and himself.

That's what Lucas claims, anyway. Redemption is just that easy, I guess.

I don't understand how Vader Redeemed himself, sure he saved Luke and killed the Emperor bu does that make up for all the Evil he did.

Because he "brought balance to the Force" by destroying the then current and only Dark Lords of the Sith, Palpy and himself.

That's what Lucas claims, anyway. Redemption is just that easy, I guess.

Well guess so. xD Bt in Legends there was more Sith after Vader?

Ok someone explain me, why most people i know, is hyped about it?

Also there is lately much theories about Vader.

Yeah I see that too, I try to stay away from "script leaks"

Well yes, there was always more Sith in the expanded universe, and a lot of Palpy coming back via cloned bodies. And really, any Force sensitive can become a Sith, so... not saying his sacrifice was meaningless long term, but... ya know...

Yeah I guess so

Archived