Steam Winter Sale

Mondo80

I did pick up dragon age origins ultimate for $8, skyrim legendary is $10.  I'm cross checking games which have nude/adult mods to see if they're on sale.

How's the list coming on?

I could be persuaded to get Lightning Returns if there were any "interesting" mods but Im gonna just settle for Dying Light instead. This will be the least I've bought on a autumn/winter Steamsale; nothing in autumn and just Dying Light and Dragon's Dogma for winter. Gotta save up money for next year, so many games out in the 1st half alone.

The sales arn't what they used to be. Back in my day we could see many daily deals, interactions with the community, and giveaways. Then 2012 came in and it all died off.

Indeed. This holiday sale is one huge disappointment for me so far. :(  ..no dailies, no flash sales, no community choices...I guess these died off with the added refund option.

Couldn't resist, had to finally take the first Hyperdimension Neptunia game :blush:

Hey, humorous RPG with hot anime chicks in bikini armor, what's the worst that could happen? :P

Edit: yup, fourth wall breaking, almost naughty pictures, and plenty of gamer jokes and innuendo. I'll just file this under "guilty pleasures" :lol:

Couldn't resist, had to finally take the first Hyperdimension Neptunia game :blush:

Hey, humorous RPG with hot anime chicks in bikini armor, what's the worst that could happen? :P

Edit: yup, fourth wall breaking, almost naughty pictures, and plenty of gamer jokes and innuendo. I'll just file this under "guilty pleasures" :lol:

Well, first a note to self: "Don't get drunk when you have a friend over and pass out while still logged into Steam. You might wake up to find out that he bought you all three Hyperdimension Games while you drooled onto the couch." (Well, at least he used his own Paypal account to give me this "gift" :lol:)

So, now I am the proud(?) owner of three of those games. Because it was a gift, I can't get myself to refund them so I might give them a look someday, since I am now stuck with them in my library hehe

I (finally) splurged on The Witcher 3 (haven't started it yet) and Life is Strange. The latter one is a very intriguing episodic graphic adventure game, which (strangely?) draws you into the story. I had never played this kind of game before and I was very pleasantly surprised.

The latter one is the only good one to. xD

GOG is another source to look at.

Personally I like steam as a platform.........and just picked up a few things on my wishlist.   :P

Morrowind is on-sale on GOG - non DRM. So got that for the laptop(*). (Will obviously bulk it out to make it more acceptable).

(*) Yes I have the disks somewhere, but I'm fairly sure that somewhere is somewhere else.

As for Steam sale - umm a bit lack luster, (apart from the XMAS day excitement).

Been considering Sims3, but every time I go to do it, something happens. So I'm taking that as a portent.

I find it quite amusing, actually, and i'm not a big fan of anime. I don't remember the last time i laughed so much in a game. The actual game part is that of a PS1 era jRPG, so not a problem there either.

Well, I have to admit.... after being surprised by it in my inventory I gave Part 1 a spin. And I got stuck playing it, because it sometimes is pretty hilarious with the 4th wall thing and all. And it is a good time sink ^^ I even decided to grab Fairy Fencer F from the same company while it still was on sale. :blush:

I find it quite amusing, actually, and i'm not a big fan of anime. I don't remember the last time i laughed so much in a game. The actual game part is that of a PS1 era jRPG, so not a problem there either.

Well, I have to admit.... after being surprised by it in my inventory I gave Part 1 a spin. And I got stuck playing it, because it sometimes is pretty hilarious with the 4th wall thing and all. And it is a good time sink ^^

Time sink indeed, i've gotten stuck gathering all the items for the plans in Chapter 5. Hell, i even made a spreadsheet to see what i need and from where  :lol: 

And also got the rest of them too before the sale ends.

And Batman, so that i don't look completely ridiculous :P

Seriously, i've been meaning to look what's so special about Arkham Asylum, and not it was only 5€.

Archived