Caliente announced...

XunAmarox

I'd like to use a certain CBBE body mesh for a single companion, keeping all other npc's using vanila, to make a standalone mod. Is there a way to set the body mesh path an npc uses with FO4Edit or something? (I can do that with textures, but cant find meshes)

Here is the mod that makes Followers Unique ----> http://www.nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/4293/?

Create what ever body mesh you want for the companion and then move it to the companion's folder. With it you will be able to create a unique body for each companion.

There is also a Unique Player mod so that the rest of the world doesn't have the same body/gear as you. You do the same thing and create the looks you want and then move the files into your PlayerHumanFemale/PlayerHumanMale folders.

Hope this helps you with what you wanted.

I'd like to use a certain CBBE body mesh for a single companion, keeping all other npc's using vanila, to make a standalone mod. Is there a way to set the body mesh path an npc uses with FO4Edit or something? (I can do that with textures, but cant find meshes)

Here is the mod that makes Followers Unique ----> http://www.nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/4293/?

Create what ever body mesh you want for the companion and then move it to the companion's folder. With it you will be able to create a unique body for each companion.

There is also a Unique Player mod so that the rest of the world doesn't have the same body/gear as you. You do the same thing and create the looks you want and then move the files into your PlayerHumanFemale/PlayerHumanMale folders.

Awesome, thank you

Hi everybody o/

I have a suggestion for Caliente for when the geck comes out :

In Skyrim, we could make with bodyslide two opposed type of body based on weight. Now in Fallout 4, we have the customization triangle. Why not making it possible in bodyslide to parameter the extreme of this triangle ? Let me explain, in bodyslide as of now you create the middle of the triangle. It would be good to have "fat", "slim" and "muscular" preset that add to that default one to personalize as much as possible npc appearance in game. I know tis require for modders to make a lot of base shape presets, but that would render the game npc that much diverse !

Thank you for reading, and thank you again caliente for your amazing mods !

I fully agree! I've said the same thing a few times. I actually said this on the CBBE mod page (which I think went unnoticed :P):

What I'd like to see is an extension of BodySlide to tweak the weight values of the vanilla race (like Busty does) with a visual preview and generate an esp with those changes. Without the 0 weight 100 weight bodies generated by BodySlide like we had in every previous iteration of the game I think being able to easily customize the size ranges is a huge feature that we're missing in Fallout 4 and I'd love to see it.

Hi everybody o/

I have a suggestion for Caliente for when the geck comes out :

In Skyrim, we could make with bodyslide two opposed type of body based on weight. Now in Fallout 4, we have the customization triangle. Why not making it possible in bodyslide to parameter the extreme of this triangle ? Let me explain, in bodyslide as of now you create the middle of the triangle. It would be good to have "fat", "slim" and "muscular" preset that add to that default one to personalize as much as possible npc appearance in game. I know tis require for modders to make a lot of base shape presets, but that would render the game npc that much diverse !

Thank you for reading, and thank you again caliente for your amazing mods !

I fully agree! I've said the same thing a few times. I actually said this on the CBBE mod page (which I think went unnoticed :P):

What I'd like to see is an extension of BodySlide to tweak the weight values of the vanilla race (like Busty does) with a visual preview and generate an esp with those changes. Without the 0 weight 100 weight bodies generated by BodySlide like we had in every previous iteration of the game I think being able to easily customize the size ranges is a huge feature that we're missing in Fallout 4 and I'd love to see it.

From what i heard / read, the triangle in-game affects the skeleton, meaning it's not related to CBBE, but a new skeleton could change that. I cannot speak for Caliente or Cell, but if not them, someone is bound to make a new skeleton eventually, but from what i've read on the forums so far, that's probably not before the Geck since it appears to be causing CTDs...

But we can select a new skeleton in Bodyslide / Outfit studio, so if we do get a new skeleton, then it "might" be possible to preview that kind of things, but don't quote me on that, i ain't working on those awesome programs :P

Known issues/to-do list:

- add images to installer

- fix texture compression quality

- fix crash of Vault Tec outfit

- fix preview window issue with body not updating properly

- Outfit Studio doesn't support dismemberment yet (and CBBE)

Vault-Tec lab coats also CTD on equip for me (unless that's the outfit you were talking about, then nvm :D)

I edited the materials texture to achieve an all the time wet look with the Material Editor tool. I just copied the wet template settings into the body file only. The seams are clearly visible for the parts I did NOT edit.

The materials control lighting instead of the nifs themselves, but I still think Texture blender would be great for adding details to normal and specular maps, for those less inclined to use Gimp or Photoshop.

This is the same specular map edit from my above post.

post-17513-0-72071000-1451229752_thumb.jpg

post-17513-0-10781400-1451229760_thumb.jpg

post-17513-0-34854000-1451229767_thumb.jpg

Awesome, thank you

It turns out, that mod reroutes the texture path only. I am looking for a way to reroute the mesh path. Or someone that can tell me where its at, I cant find it in FO4Edit.

I edited the materials texture to achieve an all the time wet look with the Material Editor tool. I just copied the wet template settings into the body file only. The seams are clearly visible for the parts I did NOT edit.

The materials control lighting instead of the nifs themselves, but I still think Texture blender would be great for adding details to normal and specular maps, for those less inclined to use Gimp or Photoshop.

This is the same specular map edit from my above post.

Would you mind sharing the body preset? Looks really good.

Looking at the Unique Player mod, it seems the unique mesh/skin is actually an armor that is defaulted to the player according to the records, so it could simply be making an "armor" that uses the body mesh and go from there.

Sounds like a good idea, but what I am mostly trying to find out is, where is the path that points to where the mesh is located. I cant figure out where that is controlled. I've gone through the "Race" fields, each NPC field, I just cant find anything pointing to the mesh folder. 

I ported Nisetanaka's Falmer Armor for Skyrim with minimal fuss using Outfit Studio. Your tools make modding a breeze! Thank you again!

Nice.  I attempted something similar earlier with a pair of stylish swashbuckler boots but uh.. it didn't quite work out.  Much weeping involved.  I tried to stick to what I remembered back from skyrim days something went awry.  Any potential pointers or directions you could hurl out there? 

anybody know why my skin texture wont show in the preview window? attachicon.gifScreenshot (2).png

that is bodyslide telling you there are no texture files installed I think.

find where your game is installed. 

look for the Data folder, then click on textures, actors,  character, basehumanfemale.

you should see something like this.  post-998576-0-28227600-1451311717_thumb.png

if not, reinstall CBBE and check it again.

if you are using another texture mod, it will overwrite the CBBE files in the same folder.

hope this helps.   

Congratz on the official release!

Had a minor hiccup with the installation though. I'm using Mod Organizer 2.0 and for some reason BodySlide wasn't recognizing the files included in the main CBBE installation.

I checked the paths and everything seemed to be in order. Only got it working by combining the three files under one folder in "Fallout 4\ModOrganizer2\mods\".

I've no idea why this is. I also had all the files under one directory in the previous alpha too and it worked fine.

If you have a problem with nothing showing up in BodySlide (with Mod Organizer) even though you've installed all the files, just copy all the files inside Vanilla Outfits folder and BodySlide folder to your "Caliente's Beautiful Bodies Enhancer -CBBE-" folder, add BodySlide to your executables again (or change the path) and you should be good to go. This means that your whole CBBE, BodySlide, Outfit Studio and Vanilla Outfits package is included in one "mod" as long as Mod Organizer is concerned.

What I heard is that the new Mod Organizer doesn't yet let executables that are run through it (like BodySlide) know about the files in other mods within MO.

That explanation fits the symptoms perfectly. Oh well, having to do something manually - every now and then - isn't necessarily bad. :D

Anyway to make it so the player character is the only one with the body changes or does that require the creation kit?

There's a mod on the nexus called "Unique Player" that makes the player have a body texture/mesh path all to their own. However, it does not affect the meshes for the clothing/armor that you create.

To my knowledge, there is no mod that can make the player have a unique set of mesh paths for clothing and armor.

Archived