Rotate camera while walking?

So I'm looking for a relatively simple way that'd allow me to rotate the camera around my character while she's walking, so I can see her from the front (and not just get new animations that change 'walking backwards')

There's a really old mod on the nexus that allows you to toggle animcam with a hotkey--that would be enough for my purposes, except that it requires ScriptDragon and I don't really want to get that just for this if I have a choice. Does anyone know about any alternative?

But don't those just work by replacing the 'backing away' animation by a new walking animation? That wouldn't really help me, I've already installed custom walking animations and basically want to be able to watch my character from different angle while walking with those.

'C'/Autowalk walks straigh. Always!

Immersive First Person has that feature:

; Uncomment these two to allow free looking while numpad 6 is held (character doesn't turn to crosshair)
;!bindkey2 0x66 0 "TurnFreeLookOn"
;!bindkey2 -0x66 0 "TurnFreeLookOff"
; My Settings: LEFT ALT = 0xA4
!bindkey2 0xA4 0 "TurnFreeLookOn"
!bindkey2 -0xA4 0 "TurnFreeLookOff"
If you use ALT like me reconfigure the controls to have it free.

But don't those just work by replacing the 'backing away' animation by a new walking animation? That wouldn't really help me, I've already installed custom walking animations and basically want to be able to watch my character from different angle while walking with those.

360 walk and run mods aren't just custom anims, they're  specifically intended to allow you to do what you appear to be asking for  - a simple way to view your character in motion from any chosen angle using a combination of mouse look and WASD.

What you can't do is autowalk or run and still use this feature, but in all the years I've been playing Skyrim I've never felt I needed to use auto-move and mapped that button to something else ages ago. 

Guest toymachine

360 run isn't what he's looking for because 360 run takes away back peddling making it the same as running forward with your character turned around actually going backwards.

He's looking for something like what Fallout 3/NV has where you can hold down the F key and rotate the camera engaged or not.

Perhaps something along these lines ?   A macro to launch the animcam console command.

http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/67152/?

I'm too computer-illiterate to get how that actually works, unfortunately -_-

360 walk and run mods aren't just custom anims, they're  specifically intended to allow you to do what you appear to be asking for  - a simple way to view your character in motion from any chosen angle using a combination of mouse look and WASD.

What you can't do is autowalk or run and still use this feature, but in all the years I've been playing Skyrim I've never felt I needed to use auto-move and mapped that button to something else ages ago. 

So the only mod I've been able to find is this one http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/34508/?and unless I'm misreading it that one does change the animations?

Guest toymachine

The link Dayelyte provided requires a gamer mouse that has the extra buttons for hotkeys/macro. It's redundant if you don't have one of those mouses.

Been a while since I've actually played the game, but isn't there a button to toggle auto-run/walk which allows you to move the camera around? I might be wrong, but for some reason I seem to remember this being possible.

it is unfortunately not possible, that is Skyrim not Morrowind or Oblivion! :P 

there was it *still possible* with holding the button to rotate the camera, in Skyrim have the developers easy this skill is omitted!

therefore there is the 360 ° anims. ;)

edit: Best sexy idle and walk/run animations for female. ;)

http://www.loverslab.com/topic/25316-best-sexy-idle-and-walkrun-animations-for-female/?p=638216

Perhaps something along these lines ?   A macro to launch the animcam console command.

http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/67152/?

I'm too computer-illiterate to get how that actually works, unfortunately -_-

So the only mod I've been able to find is this one http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/34508/?and unless I'm misreading it that one does change the animations?

Pardon my reading comprehension failure, ᵴᶅὴ' grasped what you were after better than I did. Yeah those mods don't allow for a back peddle/front view with camera control. And when engaged it will lock to a rear view.  

The really annoying thing is that the "animcam" command does what I want perfectly, if I didn't have to constantly type it out to switch it on and off. Guess I can make a console script to speed it up slightly, but that's still a bit cumbersome...

Ah well, thanks for the help everyone.

; Uncomment these two to allow free looking while numpad 6 is held (character doesn't turn to crosshair)

Did you not see my post? I tested it and it works fine, even in 3rd person. Not just Immersive FP View.

Did you not see my post? I tested it and it works fine, even in 3rd person. Nut just Immersive FP View.

Sorry, I did miss your post! Just tried it out and it works fine, thanks a lot :)

Unfortunately it turns out that using IFPV but keeping on using vanilla first-person (Which I vastly prefer) causes a bug that no longer lets you zoom up close to your character without switching to fpov too soon. Ah well, can't have it all, it seems ;)

• 4 months later...

I don't have much hope, but gonna try to resurrectg this again in case anyone can help.

Again, what I'm looking for is a way to rotate the camera around my character -while she is moving forward-. Basically what the console command animcam does, but without having to open the console everytime I want to toggle it off and on.

http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/20433/? Is not an option because it requires the completely outdated ScriptDragon (I'm not even sure it's still available for download), but it seems to be the only mod around that does this... (apart from ImmersiveFirstPerson, but that has bugs of its own)

• 1 month later...

Unfortunately it turns out that using IFPV but keeping on using vanilla first-person (Which I vastly prefer) causes a bug that no longer lets you zoom up close to your character without switching to fpov too soon. Ah well, can't have it all, it seems ;)

http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/34713/?

install this. 

Overwrite the run animations with the one you want. Overwrite the idle animations with the one you want. 

Bam. Problem solved.

DO NOT OVERWRITE XPMSE WITH THE SKELETON PROVIDED IN THIS MOD, YOU WILL BREAK YOUR GAME

I don't really see how that addresses the problem at all. I'm not looking for a new animation when walking backwards, but a chance of moving the camera around as I'm walking or running forward.

There is in fact a mod that des this, but as WorshipTheSatan mentioned, the author has since taken it down, leaving it a bit of a problematic question whether it's okay to just publicly upload it...