Rotate camera while walking?

Guest endgameaddiction

What he wants is a rotating camera. Similar to Fallout.

You know when you press and hold down the F key in fallout while running or walking forward (and backwards I believe) you can rotate your camera? Even with your weapons drawn. 360 walk, all that does is replaced the backpedaling with foward movement animation, but it doesn't fix the solution. You are simply running backwards even though it looks like it's foward as your character is facing you. And the moment you draw your weapons your character will turn around and backpedal, if I'm not mistaken.

I used to use that 360 run walk mod for a long time.

Yeah i was looking for such thing too. Used the 360 walk mod.

But when you stop your charackter he just faces towards the camera, so i looked for a solution.

And i came across that video on youtube

That animcam hotkey helper seems to be an option, unfortunately the file is hidden.

I don't think it's a good idea to publish it, surely he hidden it for a reason.

• 1 year later...

actually, the anim helper is right here...

http://www.loverslab.com/topic/58572-animcam-helper/?p=1916182

but it only does about half of what the "animcam" console command does. it lets me see my toon walk, but not w/ magic or weapon drawn.

seems nuts that after all this time, there's not just a simple way to put the "animcam" command onto a hot key (preferably usable on a 360 gamepad!!). that command does exactly what all here in this thread want. but we don't wanna have to type it in. i can't as i use the 360 controller

• 2 years later...
  • 8 months later...
On 8/11/2019 at 10:41 PM, Myrrh said:

Thread necro, it's been two years so thought maybe by now someone knows a solution?

The solution that Akzyra suggested works great for LE. Unfortunately IFPV for SE does not support this option.

I tried to make this mod myself, autor of IFPV provided source code, but i'm dummy. If someone can make it happen that would be great. 360 animations are not only messes up ohter mods, but also only work half of the time.

• 7 months later...
On 10/5/2015 at 8:41 PM, Akzyra said:

'C'/Autowalk walks straigh. Always!

Immersive First Person has that feature:

; Uncomment these two to allow free looking while numpad 6 is held (character doesn't turn to crosshair)
;!bindkey2 0x66 0 "TurnFreeLookOn"
;!bindkey2 -0x66 0 "TurnFreeLookOff"

; My Settings: LEFT ALT = 0xA4
!bindkey2 0xA4 0 "TurnFreeLookOn"
!bindkey2 -0xA4 0 "TurnFreeLookOff"

If you use ALT like me reconfigure the controls to have it free.

I realise this thread is old as hell.. but It's the only one I found that has something concrete to suggest to enable freelook in Skyrim.

Unfortunately.. Am I missing something? It seems that freelook mode doesn't work for me. I've uncommented that 2 lines in .txt config, tried changing the key.. but no matter if I hold down the key or not, when I move the mouse - the character turns with the crosshair :(
Do I have to uncomment/change something else?

• 4 weeks later...
On 1/5/2021 at 2:41 PM, evilblade said:

I realise this thread is old as hell.. but It's the only one I found that has something concrete to suggest to enable freelook in Skyrim.

Unfortunately.. Am I missing something? It seems that freelook mode doesn't work for me. I've uncommented that 2 lines in .txt config, tried changing the key.. but no matter if I hold down the key or not, when I move the mouse - the character turns with the crosshair :(
Do I have to uncomment/change something else?

try this mod

https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/42620