Bad Dog's Hoodie Schlongs: Khajiit, Argonians, Human/Elf

Not easily. The forms depend on forms in SOS full. 

You've mentioned that you haven't tried SOS light yet. So if this may be of any use, there are same options available as for the full version in installation (except shop). As far as I can tell the difference of installed mod is that, SOS light doesn't have potions, length variations, shop, added items like underwear, mcm menu and werewolf changes. But besides that it works the same - you can select smurf's average option, it gives custom male textures and it works with such mods like aroused. I'm no modder myself so I don't know the technicalities but it seems pretty similar. I'm sharing this just in case you keep SOS light compatible version in consideration.

By the way, awesome work with Aragonians.

Your favorite annoying guy is here! The real answer would come from someone who knows something of the internals of the game engine..

OK, mr. annoying guy, you get some kind of prize.

I think I was wrong about how this works.. it's more complicated that I realized, heh.. I think I've worked out how the game engine and it's asset files interact in general this time. I hope ..

http://www.loverslab.com/topic/56901-normalmap-online/?p=1461401

@PaulGreen, jesus god. I've got a set of incantations using xNormal starting with bump maps, and I'm good.

I just hate not knowing why things work the way they do, heh.

Interesting blender point at the bottom. I think blender in "Blender Render" mode has a bug when baking normal maps. It seems to invert Y and Z when it shouldn't be which makes things more confusing.

Actually, I was just playing around with making normal maps with blender.. The new blender in "Blender Render" mode seems messed up, I don't know what it's doing.

Import a body .nif file and create an object space normal map of it. Save the image and import it into a paint program and split the color channels. Look for the channel that is top-bottom direction and look at the orientation. It seems like it is taking the normal data from a basis that is at a skewed angle.. it's totally wrong. Inverting or swapping won't fix it, it's at an incorrect non-90d angle I cannot find any setting that fixes it..

If you see that in the 2.49 as well, I suggest not using blender to make the normal maps...

Definately use xNormal and not blender, heh.

I also realized another point..  Blender doesn't average the normals at the duplicate vertex points. If you create the normal map in blender, or export an OBJ from blender for XNormal, the normal doesn't match at different sides of seams. You'll see a seam in the game. To fix that, you can either export OBJ from the nif, or in blender combine vertices in the mesh before exporting OBJ (don't save the nif like that).

Give this a try..  This is the first presentable version of this I've been trying to get working

The hell is this

I'm trying to create an animated, sheathed schlong for SOS for khajiit characters. Using some of BadDog's stuff as a base, I came up with this. This is just a test version, thought I'd share now, heh.

• For khajiit characters
  • Intended to pair with the default SOS khajiit body texture
  • Works off of the SOS-Bend animation events. Use the shift-PgUp or shift-PgDn keys to manually give these animation events. The LL arousal mods will also send these events at certain arousal levels
  • There is no SOS schlong animation for this, nor do the Racemenu sliders for the genitals work (except GenBase and Gen1 scale). I don't think there ever can be. SHape adjustments will have to be done through bodyslide (Racemenu chargen) morph-sliders I'm pretty sure.

I finally found how to transfer already-created texture information between similar (or even dissimilar) meshes pretty easily. Really makes the texture work 1000x faster.

Script source is there. There was quite a big learning curve for me with alot of things doing this... Anyone who wants to comment, point out bad practice or make this better themselves, go ahead and please do. All the permission stuff is just bureaucracy to me, so don't bother asking! Attribution is nice but not needed.

If you want to mod stuff and have questions about how I came up with numbers or something, feel free to ask.

There are some BadDog things in there like the schlong texture.

Thanks to Porsche Dog as well for help seeing how some of this could be done.

Current Warnings:

tl;dr:   I suggest trying this on a game path you don't care too much about. Don't save over your favorite save with this loaded. Since this replaces the XPMSE skeleton with an un-official one, don't leave this loaded when you "actually" want to play the game

• There is currently no "on load" or "on cell loaded" stuff defined. If you load a game or walk between loading areas with this equipped, you'll probably have to un-equip and re-equip the schlong through the MCM menu.
  • This includes a modified version of the v3.61 XPMSE skeletonbeat.nif file to add a node called "rigidgenitals" attached to Gen1
  • The scripts used to do this are of unknown levels of stability.. They might blow up the size of save games or something, I dunno
  • The meshes are on the high-poly side.. If you have a bunch of khajiits in the area all using this, it might slow the game
  • There is no Lover's Lab code or anything. Since it works off of the animation events, and LL stuff sends the Bend 0 event at the start of every animation section, it'll keep returning to %50 erect all the time when doing LL stuff
  • There is no SOS schlong animation attached to this model

Current Requirements

• SKSE
  • SOS  Full  (No light yet, maybe never)
  • Be aware the the included skeletonbeast file is the XPMSE skeleton. If you have other mods that use a different skeleton loaded, this might cause weird problems
  • Racemenu - for the nioverride and chargen
  • RCAE  "Register custom animation events" - http://www.loverslab.com/topic/51795-skse-register-custom-animation-events/

• A Khajiit Character. Only for khajiit

Durr.. I think that's it

SOSBadDogAnim-KhajiitOnlyTESTVERSION.7z

That looks really good. Say more about what you're doing. Looks to me like you're not doing an animation, you're actually moving the bones in your scripts. Is that right? OMG. 

What are you doing with the bones? You say you had to add one but not why. Are you repurposing the SOS bones? How did you make the sheath expand as the shaft slides out?

What's the way you figured out for working with textures?

Forgot to reply, have been painfully trying to figure out how to capture mapped keys and 'block' animation events, heh.. 

Main thing is using Netimmerse to control bones, plus NiOverride to control "body" morphs on the schlong created via bodyslide. NiOverride has some bug or drawback that causes the node updates to be "jumpy", ot at least that's what I see. Not feasible to use NiOverride for moving nodes like this.

This setup was used because there must be a method to precisely coordinate bodyslide's bodymorphs with the movement of the nodes. As far as I know, havok animations have no feature for mesh deformation as part of an animation. Only was was controlling the morph and nodes in a script.

The extra bone is because I need to control two independent sets of control data at the same point.

I thought hard of a way to do it without extra bone, and other ways are just not as good.. I'm trying to get "erect" and "bending" to both work, and those "animations" need to be separately controllable. SOS should have had these as separate ideas in the first place. I'll probably hard-code a modifier key in the mod for now  'cause I have zero interest in learning MCM at the moment. It seems like alot of trouble to use just for one setting, too.. Maybe an INI file read in is better for it. I don't know how this is usually done in mods.

I used a script-latency analyzer on it.. even though it looks like alot of math every 0.2 seconds, it seems to have nearly 0 effect on the performance on my computer. Hopefully that's actually the case. There's alot of stuff to be written better. Just trying to get it working.

Main useful discovery was various features in ZBrush. I took your original mesh and shaped it close to the SOS body hole and used "zremesher" on it, a few times, eventually cut it in half and mirrored. Used blender to do the UV unwrap by defining a seam manually. The morphs were created in ZBrush using mesh layers.

The texture discovery is another ZBrush feature they called 'projection' combined with 'Polypaint' which is attributing a color value to each vertex on the mesh. There's a manual tool for the projection that paints onto a surface whatever the camera sees in that spot, generated from other subtools in the scene. So.. Import body + previous schlong, subdivide really high to get super-fine mesh, load texture on it, apply the texture as a polypaint, load new mesh, subdivide as well, then use the projection tool which'll "paint" the textures from the other mesh on the new one. If it's set up right, you can transfer very precisely the textures.

Since the normal and diffuse are textures, both can be transfered that way.

The rest of the normal not near the edges was created using a high-poly model created in Zbrush by modelling on a super-fine version of the model  (the obj is ~ 400MB, lol)

The weighting was just painstakingly done by hand.. Haven't found a better way yet. Still not %100, there are seams around edges and on the right when scaled.

So I noticed that even though you said you removed the SexLab dependency, I'm still getting a missing master notification. I use 2.7.1 and the orc stand alone. I would really like if they lost that dependency as I do a lot of tweaking and merging with my load order, and having more concise merged categories would be very nice. With your mod including SexLab as a dependency this becomes harder for me to juggle, as it will add sexlab as a master to my merged SOS - Plugin without having much reason to.

Edit: I used Tes5Edit to remove the references manually. It was my first time attempting that and I ended up removing a quest related to the khajiit in the main mod and the no strip tag on the orc penis. I have yet to run it myself, but I guess I want to put that out there incase you know that is mod breaking.

Edit Edit: Minor testing proved fine. I'd like to post the truly SexLab masterless .esps here for those that would like to have it.

Hmm. Yes, on looking, that was just a lie--the SL code is still in there. I think you're going to be sorry you removed the "khajiit" quest--it's actually the quest that does all the equipping and schlong swapping for all races. (In fact, without it I don't know how anything is working.) In fact, SL isn't a hard dependency--I only use SL calls on a SL animation callback, which doesn't happen if SL isn't there. If instead of losing the whole quest you just set the SL property of that quest to null, that should work.

I don't know what the SL no strip tag does, but I think without it SL might pull the schlong off, thinking it was a piece of armor. 

I'll get rid of the dependency, for realsies this time. All in all, I'd prefer you not post your altered version yet. If anyone hollers, give it to them, but I'm going to be playing with this again soon and I'll post a fix then.

Sounds good. It was swapping the versions between the human variant, argonian, and khajiit based on my char's race, but the page up/down wasn't working on the latter two. The quest was the only one I was worried about. I tried to remove the ref, but my only option seemed to be nixing the whole quest. it was a gamble.

The "no strip tag" was only present on the orc penis, and no other SOS plugins, so I figured SOS has another mechanism to keep the equipment in place.

Animated Sheathed Schlong - Test version 2

The point of this is to see if I can get feedback. Tell me if this causes game crashes, or other problems.

• USAGE:
    • Read warnings below
    • Install as a regular SOS schlong. Adjust settings like normal,  race chances, etc.
    • Have a khajiit Player or NPC character. Equip the schlong on them
    • The SOS BendUp, BendDown, and modifier key will bend the schlong up and down. This may look a little weird if the character is not erect though, heh...
    • The   Home   and   End   keys, along with whatever modifier key you have set for SOS bending, will control erection. Hardcoded for now, sorry. So,  Shift+Home  erects player up,  Shift+End  erects player down,  Home erects any khajiit-schlonged NPC up, and End does them down.
    • SexLab Aroused will affect the erection if it is installed and enabled  (but neither SL nor SLA are requirements). Hardcoded on for now, sorry
    • Sexlab animations will cause a "quick" erection and should save the bend positions like normal.

I am continuing to try and get this working. This is the same mesh with the same weighting problems,  but very different scripts to control it.

• No longer needs a specific skeleton other than SOS compatible  (I think), nor does this mess with installed skeletons
  • For khajiit characters. Works for both players and NPCs
  • Intended to pair with the default SOS khajiit body texture
  • Both the regular  SOS Bending  and  Custom Schlong "erecting"  work. They are bound to two different sets of keys
  • Racemenu sliders for the genitals will  not  work (except GenBase and Gen1 scale). I don't think there ever can be. Shape adjustments will have to be done through bodyslide (Racemenu chargen) morph-sliders I'm pretty sure. 
  • Sexlab animation is taken into account, sort of. The bending and 'fast erection' should mostly work, but may be a little strange. It may not be possible to make this any better with my knowledge
  • If you have Sexlab Aroused, the schlong will respond to it by erecting (not "bending") based on the SL values.  Should you have SLA installed and enabled, it is hard-coded to be on for now.
  • Found a way to add a node to the base skeleton on the fly, sort of. It's hacky and relies on specific game behavior..  and also thanks to NiOverride for being able to do it. This took a goddamned long time to figure out and get working.
  • Although the script math looks like it runs often and is complicated, testing on my computers show almost no latency impact at all. Tell me if that's not the case for you.

Anyone who wants to comment, point out bad practice or make this better themselves, go ahead and please do. All the permission stuff is just bureaucracy to me, so don't bother asking! Attribution is nice but not needed.

If you want to mod stuff and have questions about how I came up with numbers or something, feel free to ask.

There are some BadDog things in there. At this point, just the schlong texture directly, the rest is custom, but based off of BadDog's stuff.

Thanks to Porsche Dog as well for help seeing how some of this could be done.

Current Requirements

• SKSE
  • SOS  Full  (No light yet, maybe never)
  • Any SOS compatible skeleton.   I'm pretty sure...
  • Racemenu - for the nioverride and chargen
  • RCAE  "Register custom animation events" - http://www.loverslab...imation-events/
  •   ( SexLab and SexLabAroused will be made use of, but are not requirements )

• A Khajiit Character. Only for khajiit

Current Warnings:

tl;dr:   The model still has cosmetic bugs. It uses armor slot 52 and 48. The scripts should generally work,  but I still advise being careful with your favorite saves. If you want remove the Schlong Addon, remove it properly from within the SOS MCM menu  ("clean the addon") before turning off the Mod.

• The scripts used to do this are of unknown levels of stability.. They should generally work, but that is what I'm hoping to find out.
  • The schlong mod should definitely be "cleaned" before unloading it from your game  (As they all should !). The extra scripts would suck to have stuck running.
  • The meshes are on the high-poly side.. If you have a bunch of khajiits in the area all using this, it might slow the game.
  • The bending animations from SOS are intercepted and dealt with in a complicated way.. The bending might look a little weird.
    Specifically, to prevent bad looks, the Sexlab Aroused and other mods' SOSBendXX events are caught, but cannot be prevented before animating, so are "undone" with a reverse bend.  If you see twitchiness, that is caused by this action..
       If someone can provide a way to intercept and prevent havok animation events before they play on the model, tell me.
  • This schlong uses the regular SOS armor slot 52,   and also uses armor slot 48. I know of no way around this unless a skeleton mod author agrees to put a node on the skeleton, or someone comes up with a very different way of animating this. Tell me if so!
  • Changing the SOS key maps seems to not take effect until after save/load game, but this mod enacts them right away. Might be weird until after save/load if you change keys.
  • I did see "Infinite Load Screens"  that I could not explain. If this happens, load another save game first, then from within that loaded game, load the freezing save directly. I'm not %100 sure that it was this mod causing it, but report it if it seems to be the case.
       If this mod is the cause, I have no idea why. Someone with more scripting experience will have to tell me what about them causes it. If anything, I suspect that the game loads in the middle of on OnUpdate that is trying to update the model before it actually loads.

Shit, that's alot of words.

SOSBadDogAnim-KhajiitOnlyTESTVERSION-v2.7z