NMM from 0.52.+to 0.70.+ ( important info, help, tips & tricks)

Thank you very much for your report ritual. :)

Btw - would you be kind to emphasis /highlight or put the title in your post that your testing was for FO4? Thank you.

I stated "changing profiles back and forth for Fallout 4", and "test that part in Fallout 4". I don't understand your request? Is there a format that you are looking for? I can and would of course edit that post or re-post along a format if that is what you are looking for. 

I have been avoiding using color changes because some (like Halstrom) and others have problems reading the changed colors here. Most of the others are due to using the phone or the "light forum option".

Once I understand your format or need for properly showing the Fallout 4 reports I will continue using that format going forward for any official reports to indicate how it is working for me and Fallout 4. :).

my friend, the only reason why I asked you this is because I found it much easier to spot very important things in the posts, especially for yours because it is about FO4. I just thought it might be good to strike out the difference between Skyrim testing and FO4. Maybe someone will look for post(s) about FO4 or Skyim users may "over read" the subject and might thought it's about Skyrim. Emphasizing your topic in your post, makes it much easier to remember when asking self: "where did I saw this... ". "Where did I saw this..." was my problem for a long time. I just couldn't remember where I red things that were important to me. Using different colors for text helps me to find what I need much faster and it stays in my memory much longer.

I learned this "trick" from my father while I was in high school long time ago. I remembered things much faster and easier when they were highlighted and I also could find the things in my books much faster.

I'm sorry for those who has problems reading the colored text. My sincere apologies. I'm doing this way for those who are like me and "needs spotting tricks" for better remembering.

Report on basic test of NMM 0.61.23

(test is done with 158 plugins, 138 active mods on Win 7 Professional, 64)

5. Fixed issue with the "Get Missing Download ID" function preventing NMM from retrieving the correct info for some mods.

- Now, mod's ID is visible

- I still couldn't get ID for most of the mods with "yellow triangle after pressing "get missing Dowloand ID" button. Don't know what is the reason; the manager can't get ID or ID doesn't exist.

post-894077-0-81688100-1463009249_thumb.

post-894077-0-00583400-1463009264_thumb.

Good news: The NMM team is working hard to fix this issue and fix will be included in next NMM version. Thank you NMM team. 

Thank you very much for your report ritual. :)

Btw - would you be kind to emphasis /highlight or put the title in your post that your testing was for FO4? Thank you.

I stated "changing profiles back and forth for Fallout 4", and "test that part in Fallout 4". I don't understand your request? Is there a format that you are looking for? I can and would of course edit that post or re-post along a format if that is what you are looking for. 

I have been avoiding using color changes because some (like Halstrom) and others have problems reading the changed colors here. Most of the others are due to using the phone or the "light forum option".

Once I understand your format or need for properly showing the Fallout 4 reports I will continue using that format going forward for any official reports to indicate how it is working for me and Fallout 4. :).

my friend, the only reason why I asked you this is because I found it much easier to spot very important things in the posts, especially for yours because it is about FO4. I just thought it might be good to strike out the difference between Skyrim testing and FO4. Maybe someone will look for post(s) about FO4 or Skyim users may "over read" the subject and might thought it's about Skyrim. Emphasizing your topic in your post, makes it much easier to remember when asking self: "where did I saw this... ". "Where did I saw this..." was my problem for a long time. I just couldn't remember where I red things that were important to me. Using different colors for text helps me to find what I need much faster and it stays in my memory much longer.

I learned this "trick" from my father while I was in high school long time ago. I remembered things much faster and easier when they were highlighted and I also could find the things in my books much faster.

I'm sorry for those who has problems reading the colored text. My sincere apologies. I'm doing this way for those who are like me and "needs spotting tricks" for better remembering.

I understood the reasoning... just wanted to know how you wanted it formatted for your thread. :) If I give reports on my experiences it can help if it looks the same or follows the same formatting that is used by others that you trust for reports ;).

I did make some changes to the post but without some guidance to how you want it laid out it might still fall short.

http://www.loverslab.com/topic/52647-nmm-061-important-info-help-tips-tricks/?p=1556707

Thank you ritual. Much appreciated.

If I may suggest and if it is OK with you, i would like you to post your reports about FO4 like this: (title) "Report on NMM and FO4". All other text can be in white.So it will be distinguished from Skyrim reports. Is this OK with you? if not, no problem pick the color as you like. :)

Fallout 4 NMM Report From RC

Change Profiles

Update. Apparently when I was testing and fooling around with NMM I created a second profile. This one has way less mods in it. I tried the changing profile back and forth for Fallout 4 and it worked flawlessly each and every time.

Mod Updating

As for updates so far all my mods are showing updated and they are truly updated on the Nexus so haven't been able to test that part in Fallout 4.

Fallout 4 NMM Update

Mod Updating:

So far it has given me the expected warning for those mods that have optional components as not being fully updated as expected. Even MO does this. If this isn't the case and that NMM should be informing about the optional as well then let me know.

As for mods that do need updates. It has informed me of an needed update for a mod I have on my list. So it does work quite well so far for the Fallout 4 mods.

Install / Uninstall:

So far with Fallout 4 I have been able to install and uninstall properly (or as far as I can tell :)) the few mods that needed to be removed and the single mod that needed to be updated. Understand that Fallout 4 is a new game and has few mods and I am quite particular on my installations as I want to do some serious play. I likely won't be doing the serious testing like uninstall all and reinstall all as I don't need to and don't want to mess up my system as I am not familiar with the current mods and what they are doing and wouldn't be able to tell if it was user error or the manager that was at fault. I want to be very fair in my assessments of NMM and its functions as well as to the mod authors of mods I am using.

@Elf Prince.

What colors are being used for what function currently? Also maybe we might consider moving this from Skyrim to a more universal location? Some place where other games can be supported as well? That is unless this is primarily supported for Fallout 4. Which makes me think I can post a header and then place the info in the Spoiler for those that want Fallout 4 content. Maybe? Or perhaps I use the PM discussion for my updates and it can be compiled with all the other updates you give into one clean clear report ? Then it can be very well organized and actual work and tech support for NMM can be freely placed here and not get side tracked? Just a few thoughts. .

for those that are interested in my mod list (before it gets too big to show in a capture lol)

post-89432-0-67198600-1463334229_thumb.jpg

@Elf Prince.

What colors are being used for what function currently? Also maybe we might consider moving this from Skyrim to a more universal location? Some place where other games can be supported as well? That is unless this is primarily supported for Fallout 4. Which makes me think I can post a header and then place the info in the Spoiler for those that want Fallout 4 content. Maybe? Or perhaps I use the PM discussion for my updates and it can be compiled with all the other updates you give into one clean clear report ? Then it can be very well organized and actual work and tech support for NMM can be freely placed here and not get side tracked? Just a few thoughts. .

I think that it's a good idea. So if you want to start a new thread about NMM and FO4 with placing the info link here, you have my full support. I will stick with Skyrim since I do not play other games beside Skyrim and Sims 3.

BTW - Nexus also gives NMM support for Sims 3... hehe..

@Elf Prince.

I think that it's a good idea. So if you want to start a new thread about NMM and FO4 with placing the info link here, you have my full support. I will stick with Skyrim since I do not play other games beside Skyrim and Sims 3.

BTW - Nexus also gives NMM support for Sims 3... hehe..

LOL.. I was stating our PM thread where discussions take place. I don't have the experience or understanding of NMM for a dedicated thread, and there is not as much demand for it  either. One of my thoughts is your contributors to your info and such use the PM to gather up the info then you can give out reports like you do (not as often perhaps) and they would cover all the aspects that is needed by NMM. Or I just use the purple or whatever that color is for those few updates I can give as I only use it for Fallout 4. ;).

ritual - sorry if I misunderstood you (obviously I am).. lol.. I would be grateful if you'd continue to post your FO4 reports here in suggested color so that FO4 players can easily find your post. And thank you very much. :)

ritual - sorry if I misunderstood you (obviously I am).. lol.. I would be grateful if you'd continue to post your FO4 reports here in suggested color so that FO4 players can easily find your post. And thank you very much. :)

So the above examples work well? If so I will continue using that format (maybe change the color Prince (the singer) might like it but I don't know so much lol.

I will however be sure to have a colored reference at the top of the post clearly informing anyone reading it is for Fallout 4 since there seems to be some differences in experience between the various games. I will make sure that is in color to help differentiate the post.

Both FO4 and Skyrim have identical way of modding and if there is an issue for one of them there will be an issue for the other. 

So it doesn't really matter which game. 

At the moment you don't need to pay atention to the download ID's. It makes no difference whatsoever. 

If you still want to try to remove the yellow triangles - try clicking the arrow next to the binoculars icon on the left and there should be an option to update the mod's info that includes the downloadID. They are adding the option to add remarks and stuff to the mods, like other managers do.

Both FO4 and Skyrim have identical way of modding and if there is an issue for one of them there will be an issue for the other. 

So it doesn't really matter which game. 

At the moment you don't need to pay attention to the download ID's. It makes no difference whatsoever. 

If you still want to try to remove the yellow triangles - try clicking the arrow next to the binoculars icon on the left and there should be an option to update the mod's info that includes the downloadID. They are adding the option to add remarks and stuff to the mods, like other managers do.

Fallout 4

I have ran the update and still show a couple but those are

I think I have ran into the mod download ID/version issue.

http://www.nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/225/?tab=1&navtag=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.nexusmods.com%2Ffallout4%2Fajax%2Fmoddescription%2F%3Fid%3D225%26preview%3D&pUp=1

For example. The mod id was 8209 and now 52973. It is still 2.2/2.3 version but now NMM is accepting the new download as the correct and updated mod. I could just be wrong and misreading this. Never really paid it much attention before even as far back as when I did use NMM before.

LOOT and Fallout 4.

I couldn't get the Fallout 4 to work using the official LOOT I instead went to steam and got their beta and it now is recognized and seems to work.

@NMM General Use

Is there a way to remove some of the columns? Like the Mod ID. I don't have an interest in that.

I also tried t rename the profile (not the one that I was using) and it in turn seemed to turn off the mods that I was using. It then became just like my first profile with less mods activated. Might be an error on my part but I am pretty sure I didn't do something that should cause that. Pretty dangerous. I ended up having to go back through and reactivate the mods.

ritual -

@NMM General Use

Is there a way to remove some of the columns? Like the Mod ID. I don't have an interest in that.

I tried but it's impossible.

I also tried t rename the profile (not the one that I was using) and it in turn seemed to turn off the mods that I was using. It then became just like my first profile with less mods activated. Might be an error on my part but I am pretty sure I didn't do something that should cause that. Pretty dangerous. I ended up having to go back through and reactivate the mods.

Should be fixed in next version.

Very encouraging news from Nexus

(moving to another server, improving downloads and more secured site)

by: dark0ne (May, 11 2016)

While I won’t go into the internal politics that happened behind the scenes that involved me exerting pressure to try and improve the situation, I’m writing this news post today to let people know that as of this Saturday, we will be moving to a new provider. It is my hope that moving to this new provider should provide higher quality, more targeted advertising that is far more reliable and safe for users of the Nexus.

We’ll rework our reporting system to work with the new provider’s system and I will continue to monitor the situation closely. If it doesn’t work out, we will move again (and again, and again, if necessary) until we find a provider we can truly rely on. Even if it means taking a hit on our ad revenue to ensure the security is correct.

I wanted you to know that this stuff is important to me and I take it extremely seriously. We work hard to secure our site as much as we possibly can, and it frustrates us that our work is undermined by external attack vectors outside of our direct control that we rely on in order to survive.

So, from this Saturday, it is my utmost hope that the advertising situation improves considerably. I will update you accordingly, especially in regards to the new “tiered membership” incentivised system I mentioned in the earlier news post linked at the beginning of this article.

Once we’ve gauged the reliability of the new ad provider we’ll be in a position to launch that system and provide some benefits to those of our users who help to support the Nexus by turning their ad blockers off (or not using adblockers at all) on the Nexus.

NEWS! NEWS! NEWS!

(Downloading issues)

if you have problems with downloading the mods via NMM, it is due to Nexus migration to a new server. So, the best way is to download mods using "Manual Download" button until Nexus fully moves to a new server.

Hello excuse my English.

I have problems with 2 errors

The first, when I install NMM I get this:

70.gif

NOTE The image is not mine but the error is the same. Of course the path in this case is:

C: / Program Files / Nexus Mod Manager / NexusClient.exe

-----

The second error:

when I try to install a mod often the installation stops and gives me the following error:

BoDAwEi.png

Hello excuse my English.
I have problems with 2 errors

The first, when I install NMM I get this:

NOTE The image is not mine but the error is the same. Of course the path in this case is:
C: / Program Files / Nexus Mod Manager / NexusClient.exe
-----
The second error:
when I try to install a mod often the installation stops and gives me the following error:

CreateProcess Failed: Code 740 is an error that’s caused by Windows being unable to properly load up the permissions that your PC requires to run. If this error is showing on your PC, it means that you don’t have the correct “rights” to perform the operation, and needs to be resolved by first ensuring that you can repair the various problems that your PC may have, as well as then cleaning out any of the errors that will prevent the software from running correctly.

What Causes This Error?

The UAC (User Account Control) of Windows will be corrupted / damaged. This is what Vista & Windows 7 use to help make Windows run with all the administrator options that are required to run, and is continually causing a huge number of errors that will prevent the application from loading up.

How to fix it:

WINDOWS 7

Windows 7 makes it much easier to deal with UAC settings, and in fact you don’t have to completely disable UAC if you don’t want to. Just type UAC into the start menu or Control Panel search box.

sshot-2009-08-27-14-18-58.png

You can simply drag the slider up or down, depending on how often you want to be alerted.

sshot-2009-08-27-14-15-48.png

2. Clean your registry with CCleaner

Fix for win10: http://windowsreport.com/createprocess-failed-code-740/

The second issue you have might be due to the System's incorrect space counting on your HDD and the bug in either or both 7Zip and incorrect NMM installation. Your OS doesn't properly recognize 7Zip or/and any Zip program and something is blocking it.

Try to reinstall 7Zip.

Recently built a new computer and I'm trying to setup Skyrim again. I've installed NMM and have all of my mods ready to be installed, but for some reason I cannot drag and drop the mods into NMM to be added. Adding them one by one via Add Mod from File works, but not being able to just simply drag and drop like I've always been able to is driving me insane.

Tockity - I just tested "drag&drop" function for NMM 0.61.23, and it works for me.  I never had this problem so I wouldn't know what would solution be. I checked Nexus forum and some other sites but couldn't find the answer. Sorry.

Edit - hmm.. did some testing. OK... if your mods are already listed in the categories, but being inactive, then, you can't drag & drop those mods. NMM counts them as already added to the manager. So, you have to remove them from the manager itself and then do drag & drop. But you still have to install them using installation methods.

Also, did you make sure that you placed VirtualInstal folder in the same place as it was before when asked? If you didn't you might screwed your mods installation.

New tip:  What to do when getting

"A problem occured during install: This mod file was not properly packaged: the "nativePC" folder (or one of it's direct subfolders) is missing."

Solution:

Dont use the installer for that mod. The person who posted it, didn't apply the correct file structure in the archive file.

Open it manually, navigate to the file(s), then also open your steam folder manually, and navigate to where the file(s) is supposed to go, drag and drop the mod files. Back up any file you replace with a mod.
Suggestion: Create a folder on the desktop, and just move anything a mod replaces, into that folder for easy revert.

"A problem occured during install: This mod file was not properly packaged: the "nativePC" folder (or one of it's direct subfolders) is missing."

Solution:

Dont use the installer for that mod. The person who posted it, didn't apply the correct file structure in the archive file.

Open it manually, navigate to the file(s), then also open your steam folder manually, and navigate to where the file(s) is supposed to go, drag and drop the mod files. Back up any file you replace with a mod.

Suggestion: Create a folder on the desktop, and just move anything a mod replaces, into that folder for easy revert.

Or report the issue to the mod author and see if he can package it better :P

Solution:

Or report the issue to the mod author and see if he can package it better :P

lol..... Yeap.. and correct.... but the chances for that the author would reply or fix the issue is 50/50. (from my own experience) So I'd rather not take a risk and if I can do something my my own, I'd do it.

Short report on NMM 0.61.23 (new Skyrim install and NMM install)

(test was done with 142 active plugins and 132 active mods on Windows 7 Pro)

1. Uninstallation of all mods went well and without any errors or freezing.

2. Uninstallation of NMM went flawless.

3. Installation of Skyrim went flawless

4. Installation of the manager went flawless (I placed the VirtualInstall folder on the same location as before)

5. Installation of all mods went flawless, quite fast and without any freezing or errors.

6. Adding additional tools to tool bar (Tes5edit, Wrye bash, LOOT, FNIS) went flawless.

7. "Drag and drop" function works flawless

8. Some mods still don't have ID but it will be fiexed in next release

9. Installation of "True Vision ENB" went flawless