Blackthorn - Gay Hamlet Patch

v3 looks fine. Tried both the one with the rings and without. Not having any floating trees. Definately runs better without HDT for me so sticking with that.

Cleaned the mod cause I suspected it needed it. 900 odd references undeleted and disabled. 49 ITMs. 2 navmeshes that are marked as deleted which can't be removed. I generally check before cleaning but I'm not overly attached to my current playthrough.

One of the paintings in the basement of the manor where you added the pool displays as upside down. Not sure if that's been there all along or if that's new.

Good luck with the navmeshing. I hear it's a bitch.

Cheers.

Guest ffabris

v3 looks fine. Tried both the one with the rings and without. Not having any floating trees. Definately runs better without HDT for me so sticking with that.

OK. Guess I'm a pushover: I'll probably release V1.0 with 2 variants: one with piercings/rings, one without them, for non-SOS players. ;)

Cleaned the mod cause I suspected it needed it. 900 odd references undeleted and disabled. 49 ITMs. 2 navmeshes that are marked as deleted which can't be removed. I generally check before cleaning but I'm not overly attached to my current playthrough.

Yeah, I've been deleting a lot. Main reason is that in CK, if you disable, the item remains visible, and in the way. I may clean up as well, but not in beta stage. Also, the purpose of "undelete and disable" is to allow for compatibility with downstream mods ... but there shouldn't be any for this.

One of the paintings in the basement of the manor where you added the pool displays as upside down. Not sure if that's been there all along or if that's new.

Huh, will check that, thanks.

yeah the rings make more sense on the npcs i just thought since floppy mod was compatible with both popular male mods it would be a good fit.

It is a point in favor of that mod, yes. Otoh, my guess (!) is that it drops a script on each NPC, whereas the rings are script-free. I also wonder if it can be hooked easily via factions, like SLA is. I'll ask.

Anyway, 0.3 has a version without the rings, to try. :)

Tried downloading bot the regular version and the "No bounce" version and both crash the entire game. I manage to load up to the Bethesda opening and then it quits. Have all of the requirements and have tried starting up without the patch, that works fine. Are there any incompatibilities you may know of?

Guest ffabris

Tried downloading bot the regular version and the "No bounce" version and both crash the entire game. I manage to load up to the Bethesda opening and then it quits. Have all of the requirements and have tried starting up without the patch, that works fine. Are there any incompatibilities you may know of?

None. Load it in TES5Edit, and see if that complains about anything missing.

OK. Guess I'm a pushover: I'll probably release V1.0 with 2 variants: one with piercings/rings, one without them, for non-SOS players. ;)

Huh? I tried both the version with and without the floppy dick rings (you had asked for feedback on v3 to see if it worked.) I wasn't requesting a piercing free version of the mod. Won't stop you from making one if you want, of course, but don't do it for my sake. I wouldn't use it.  :D

*sigh* Well, I guess it is official... I managed to screw up my Skyrim install again. Yes, it is a talent I have apparently.

Not only do I still have the floating trees (only in the town of Blackthorn), but now also items in my player homes (all of them) are no longer mine. Everything I look at tells me I would be stealing the items if I picked them up. I remember having this issue after installing Blackthorn for the first time as well, and reinstalling Blackthorn fixed it. But not this time. And I have no idea what is causing it. I very much doubt it is this patch though.

On the upside, with beta 3 the sleep rolls are gone from under the beds and the guards don't have a private party in the locked cell anymore. So there it that at least LOL (small mercies and all that). Maybe that issue was already caused by something going wrong with my install. So my apologies if I blamed the patch for it.

And I prefer the non-wiggling balls version. Them thar orbs were wiggling and swaying so much, I was getting motion sickness ;)

Guest ffabris

Huh? I tried both the version with and without the floppy dick rings (you had asked for feedback on v3 to see if it worked.) I wasn't requesting a piercing free version of the mod. Won't stop you from making one if you want, of course, but don't do it for my sake. I wouldn't use it. :D

:) Well, the reason here isn't you, but rather to allow SAM users to use this mod easily.

Also looking into swapping to FloppySOS, once I get a bit more info on how I might implement it.

*sigh* Well, I guess it is official... I managed to screw up my Skyrim install again. Yes, it is a talent I have apparently.

Not only do I still have the floating trees (only in the town of Blackthorn), but now also items in my player homes (all of them) are no longer mine. Everything I look at tells me I would be stealing the items if I picked them up. I remember having this issue after installing Blackthorn for the first time as well, and reinstalling Blackthorn fixed it. But not this time. And I have no idea what is causing it. I very much doubt it is this patch though.

Ack, that sucks! Sorry to hear!

On the upside, with beta 3 the sleep rolls are gone from under the beds and the guards don't have a private party in the locked cell anymore. So there it that at least LOL (small mercies and all that). Maybe that issue was already caused by something going wrong with my install. So my apologies if I blamed the patch for it.

And I prefer the non-wiggling balls version. Them thar orbs were wiggling and swaying so much, I was getting motion sickness ;)

OK, that's good news, ty! I think I'll push out 1.0 soon. Then I'll move on to a "cunning plan" that popped into mind as I was having coffee today. We'll see if I can do it, as it involves stuff I've neevr tired before. But learning things was a major part of why I started this patch in the first place.

Guest ffabris

OK, 1.0 is out. Two versions, one requires SOS, the other doesn't (meaning, piercings and bouncing balls are not included).

Added: Anyone wanting to do quick tests/overviews:

• Start skyrim
  • Once the main menu is up, don't select New or Load, instead, press ~ (tilde) to bring up console
  • Type in: coc aaablackthornext
  • This places you next to the horse outside the manor.

Naturally you will have the default Nord NPC, grey face, and mods will initialize from scratch. But it is a good way to have a quick look around and check things out.

Guest ffabris

great mod but the npcs faces dont match with the body, their body skin is just too dark. (idk if this is the grey face bug)

attachicon.gif2015-09-05_00002.jpgattachicon.gif2015-09-05_00001.jpg

Is there any way to fix this?

Sorry for my poor english :x

Looks like an install problem to me. Did you install the patch after Blackthorn? The texture files in the patch need to overwrite those that come with Blackthorn. Refer to this post which shows that it isn't a problem with my patch; the attached picture shows the skin tones match well.

This mod introduced me to Blackthorn (which I had somehow missed) and I checked out the other house mods by the original author hoping to find something as nicely done but with a much smaller footprint. I settled on Frostvale Manor.

Found myself missing Colton. Clearly this wouldn't do. He's now replaced Aubrey in that mod in my game as merchant. Made him a follower too for the hell of it.

post-187838-0-26844700-1441459577_thumb.jpg post-187838-0-72095900-1441459603_thumb.jpg 

Thanks for giving me the motivation to use the CK again, which I haven't done in ages.

great mod but the npcs faces dont match with the body, their body skin is just too dark. (idk if this is the grey face bug)

Looks like an install problem to me. Did you install the patch after Blackthorn? The texture files in the patch need to overwrite those that come with Blackthorn. Refer to this post which shows that it isn't a problem with my patch; the attached picture shows the skin tones match well.

I installed the patch after blackthorn. I tried to install both manually and using the nmm but the bug persists regardless :(

Guest ffabris

This mod introduced me to Blackthorn (which I had somehow missed) and I checked out the other house mods by the original author hoping to find something as nicely done but with a much smaller footprint. I settled on Frostvale Manor.

Found myself missing Colton. Clearly this wouldn't do. He's now replaced Aubrey in that mod in my game as merchant. Made him a follower too for the hell of it.

Thanks for giving me the motivation to use the CK again, which I haven't done in ages.

Haha - very cool! :D

I installed the patch after blackthorn. I tried to install both manually and using the nmm but the bug persists regardless :(

Sorry, I don't know what else to suggest. It is an install problem ... of some kind.

it most definately is an install problem. I had this exact same problem a while ago (with another mod). It turned out that meshes and textures were being overwritten by another mod.

Look in your load order if there are any mods that add NPC or PC textures AFTER blackthorn and the Gay Hamlet patch. If so, try putting both Blackthorn and the patch below those texture mods.

Guest ffabris

1.1 is out. Very small change in the "standard" version: the Rings of Excitement have been removed from the cheat chest. That's all. But I also released a FloppySOS version. This requires FloppySOS instead of ColonolNutty Rings of Relaxation/Excitement for bouncing balls. Seems to work well too. I just may abandon the ColonolNutty version altogether now. But feedback is welcome. :)

The Floppy version seems to work very well. Thanks for putting the time into doing it. it is much appreciated. So many great updates happening, i'm a happy camper. 

The only glitch I have consistently seen it the schlong gets gittery and flops around spasticly and can flip orientation so the balls face out. Happens on player as well as NPC's. I just set to cock only or turn off to take care of it though. I figure it's a HDT problem.

Guest ffabris

The Floppy version seems to work very well. Thanks for putting the time into doing it. it is much appreciated. So many great updates happening, i'm a happy camper. 

The only glitch I have consistently seen it the schlong gets gittery and flops around spasticly and can flip orientation so the balls face out. Happens on player as well as NPC's. I just set to cock only or turn off to take care of it though. I figure it's a HDT problem.

Hum, what I added to NPCs was the balls-only version. There is no need to cast spells on them, they will have it automagically. I tested the full version, and found that the cock doesn't scale properly. And that *may* be due to it being hard-coded into the mod as opposed to added via spell. But balls-only works very well, IMHO. :)

Anyway, I'm trying something a bit more ambitious now, stuff I have never tried before, so we'll see. Assuming it works, it would make the town a tad more ... lively. ;)

So um... like... Could you also make a version where they are dressed? Every time I am in Blackthorn, it seems to rain or thunder. I fear they will get pneumonia or something.

I have tried to put clothes on them, but that seems to cause greyface on quite a few (strangely not all?) and no matter what I try, I can't get rid of the grey face then :-\

Yah, I know... I am a prude and a wet blanket. Go on... laugh at me.

So um... like... Could you also make a version where they are dressed? Every time I am in Blackthorn, it seems to rain or thunder. I fear they will get pneumonia or something.

I have tried to put clothes on them, but that seems to cause greyface on quite a few (strangely not all?) and no matter what I try, I can't get rid of the grey face then :-\

You could try giving them all body hair. I hear that works as a fur rug, keeping them toasty warm despite inclement weather.  :angel:

Seriously, though, it's easy enough to give them clothing yourself. (See how I threw a roughspun tunic on my version of Colton in Frostvale.)

As for Grey-Face. Once you've edited the outfits to your own taste, just select all the NPCs from the mod (easy as they all have an aaa prefix) in the CK and hit Ctrl+F4. Make sure you're highlighting them on the "Actor" branch of the tree, not on the "All" branch or it won't work for some bizarre reason.

If that doesn't work (the CK sometimes won't update an actor if you haven't directly edited them and a facegen file exists already) then temporarily rename the facegen folders in both the meshes and textures folders of the mod and try it again. Should export a complete set of textures and facegen files. Merge the backup and your new files, overwriting the files in the backup as needed.

If you use MO just copy them back to the main mod from your override folder. If you use NMM (why are you using NMM?!?!) then they will save to the data folder directly.

If that doesn't work, clearly Skyrim just hates you.  ;)

You could try giving them all body hair. I hear that works as a fur rug, keeping them toasty warm despite inclement weather.  :angel:

Seriously, though, it's easy enough to give them clothing yourself. (See how I threw a roughspun tunic on my version of Colton in Frostvale.)

As for Grey-Face. Once you've edited the outfits to your own taste, just select all the NPCs from the mod (easy as they all have an aaa prefix) in the CK and hit Ctrl+F4. Make sure you're highlighting them on the "Actor" branch of the tree, not on the "All" branch or it won't work for some bizarre reason.

If that doesn't work (the CK sometimes won't update an actor if you haven't directly edited them and a facegen file exists already) then temporarily rename the facegen folders in both the meshes and textures folders of the mod and try it again. Should export a complete set of textures and facegen files. Merge the backup and your new files, overwriting the files in the backup as needed.

If you use MO just copy them back to the main mod from your override folder. If you use NMM (why are you using NMM?!?!) then they will save to the data folder directly.

If that doesn't work, clearly Skyrim just hates you.  ;)

Well, I did all that but no dice. Past experience has already taught me that Skyrim does indeed hate me, with a passion hitherto unheard of in the field of computer programming.

For some reason, when I give them outfits, the new outfits show up, but a few of the men get grey face.

So then I go into CK and do what you described (both scenarios) but it ain't happening. I get facegen folders (only textures, not meshes?). Then I tried merging the files with the patch, or replacing the files with a new homemade patch (bandaids and paperclip work), and it still ain't happening.

And of course I make sure to make a clean save WITHOUT Blackthorn and the patch first, so things (hopefully) don't stay put in my savegame.

So I seem to be going through the right motions, but well... zip ziltch nada nakkes.

And giving them fur is not an option for me. Those hairs get stuck between my teeth and they are horrid to get out. And it is apparently considered "rude" to spit body hair in people's faces when you talk to them (who knew, right?)

Anyway, hence my request for the masterbaterbuilder for a clothed version. Cos frankly, I can't deal with it anymore without losing the last thread of sanity I have left. *TWOING* well dammit, too late now.

(and no, I am NOT using NMM; even I am not that stupid ;) )

Guest ffabris

Well, I did all that but no dice. Past experience has already taught me that Skyrim does indeed hate me, with a passion hitherto unheard of in the field of computer programming.

For some reason, when I give them outfits, the new outfits show up, but a few of the men get grey face.

So then I go into CK and do what you described (both scenarios) but it ain't happening. I get facegen folders (only textures, not meshes?). Then I tried merging the files with the patch, or replacing the files with a new homemade patch (bandaids and paperclip work), and it still ain't happening.

CK, make the changes you want (and changing clothes does not, in my experience, require facegen be redone). Save, quit CK. Restart, create facegen data.

OR ....

After changing an NPC face, click Preview Face Only, which forces facegen to be recreated. Then shut the actor window, and Ctrl-F4.

If you still get grey face, where are the facegen files being saved? They should be in subfolders called BlackThorn.esp. If instead they're ending up in Blackthorn Patch.esp, then you're doing it wrong. Remember way back, I said that Blackthorn.esp needs to be marked as a master if you're doing to create or work with patches. If you don't mark it that way, then at next open with CK, CK will decide that the patch isn't a patch for Blackthorn, since Blackthorn isn't a master, and will very "kindly" renumber all the forms in the patch on your behalf, without telling you, of course. As a result, anything in your patch suddenly becomes useless as it isn't modifying the master anymore.

And giving them fur is not an option for me. Those hairs get stuck between my teeth and they are horrid to get out. And it is apparently considered "rude" to spit body hair in people's faces when you talk to them (who knew, right?)

LOL! And I love hairy men! ;)

Anyway, hence my request for the masterbaterbuilder for a clothed version. Cos frankly, I can't deal with it anymore without losing the last thread of sanity I have left. *TWOING* well dammit, too late now.

CK is tedious for changing outfits. Use TES5Edit. Open the patch, Outfits section (on my patch, not the original mod!), then add/remove stuff from the various outfits listed there.

Btw, if you are unhappy with all the exposed flesh, you may not be happy with where I am further going with the mod. (Yes, that's intentionally vague and will stay that way. ;))

Guest ffabris

Btw, if you are unhappy with all the exposed flesh, you may not be happy with where I am further going with the mod. (Yes, that's intentionally vague and will stay that way. ;))

Mysteriously intriguing statement is . . .  mysteriously intriguing. 

LOL!  :D Well, thus far, I'm having no luck in achieving what I hinted at. I set it aside for a bit to work on something else, which is to overhaul the NPCs' AI to make the hamlet a bit busier than it is.

Oh, next release will have Anthony Tucker "converted" to Redguard. Just to spice things up a tad more. ;)

Oh, I am not opposed to exposed flesh at all. For me personally it just feels weird to have them running around in skimpy outfits in the rain in Skyrim. But then again... if they get a cold, I could nurse them back to health... hmm *rubs chin*

Anyway, I will try adding outfits through TES5 and see if I don't get the grey face that way.

Thanks for all the tips, guys :D