Need SexLab Framework 1.59c

It's compatible with 98% of things if you actually install it right. Instead of doing yourself a big disservice by using an old, no longer supported version, post about and get help solving your problem with 1.6.

Old versions have never, nor will ever be even remotely supported. 

I actually found myself in the need of the old framework too since i'm not a modder, so ''Install it right'' is a really broad term for me since i dont understand skripts and stuff like that so i instal mods using MO. So i rather grab the old framework for now and wait till other modders set up their mods to use 160f2 (that does more bad then good in terms of compatibility FOR NOW) since i lack the skill to do so.

I actually found myself in the need of the old framework too since i'm not a modder, so ''Install it right'' is a really broad term for me since i dont understand skripts and stuff like that so i instal mods using MO. So i rather grab the old framework for now and wait till other modders set up their mods to use 160f2 (that does more bad then good in terms of compatibility FOR NOW) since i lack the skill to do so.

I agree, 'Install it right' doesn't actually solve the problem of incompatibility,downgrading for a time does fix the problem in the meantime

I agree, 'Install it right' doesn't actually solve the problem of incompatibility,downgrading for a time does fix the problem in the meantime

Downgrading doesn't actually solve the problem, it just sweeps the problem under the rug and pretends it doesn't exist. Installing it right fixes the problem because 95% of the time the problem IS with the users install and not the mod and if it doesn't fix it it helps the relevant mod authors learn whats wrong so it can be fixed.

1.60 is perfectly compatible with all but a few very minor mods, saying it does more bad than good is practically proof you do in fact need to "install it right" as you clearly haven't.

there are several mods that authors are not actively working,
tho we need someone to take action and fix those problems

and here we have, i cannot fix other mods problems without author's permission issue
tho till there, there is nothing to do besides waiting...
now impose that i updated mine and because of that don't use

your favorite mod with mine, it is in your right i know

but the question is not that, it is waiting with or without my fav mod!

with that, we should come with an agreement
i will use my fav mod without your support
or i gave up my fav mod to get your support

and thus this is our decision to take

Downgrading doesn't actually solve the problem, it just sweeps the problem under the rug and pretends it doesn't exist. Installing it right fixes the problem because 95% of the time the problem IS with the users install and not the mod and if it doesn't fix it it helps the relevant mod authors learn whats wrong so it can be fixed.

1.60 is perfectly compatible with all but a few very minor mods, saying it does more bad than good is practically proof you do in fact need to "install it right" as you clearly haven't.

Before i instalded the 160fix2 i dissabled all my mods, instald 160f2, and then re-installed all 264 mods i run atm one by one (i do that always when updating frameworks and/or base mods), but this time, defeat didnt work, SO2 didnt work, EC+ / ECS+ didnt work, Enslaved didnt work etc. (made a new game just to see it) but in any case, as said, i do lack the skill to tinker with stuff, so IF you can please provide some information on HOW to install it properly, then please i would be more then happy to use it, but without any information how to get my mods going, i have to stay on 1.59c till the mods running on 1.59c get updated.

´Well, now i deserve a punch in the face, 160f2 works, the issue i didnt got it to work was because i didnt dissabled a patcher who still used the old 1.59c framework, hence made a conflict.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

I agree that we should try to work out issues with the latest versions of any mod, that said, Framework 1.60 failed to work for me, while 1.59c worked perfectly. In the spirit of figuring things out, here is what I ran into:

I followed the install instructions for 1.60. I had zero errors in FNIS (SexLab was on the list).  The MCM registered two question marks: Framework Idles, and Creature Idles (I have creature idles installed). MatchMaker spells cast, but no animation. Amorous adventures' quests and dialog ran, but no animations.

With 1.59c, FNIS showed some additional install work, no errors. The Framework immediately installed with all options showing. From there, both MatchMaker and Amorous Adventures worked with the animations.

I'm running a well tested STEP Extended game, with a new i7 system.

I agree that we should try to work out issues with the latest versions of any mod, that said, Framework 1.60 failed to work for me, while 1.59c worked perfectly. In the spirit of figuring things out, here is what I ran into:

I followed the install instructions for 1.60. I had zero errors in FNIS (SexLab was on the list).  The MCM registered two question marks: Framework Idles, and Creature Idles (I have creature idles installed). MatchMaker spells cast, but no animation. Amorous adventures' quests and dialog ran, but no animations.

With 1.59c, FNIS showed some additional install work, no errors. The Framework immediately installed with all options showing. From there, both MatchMaker and Amorous Adventures worked with the animations.

If matchmaker isn't working then you have an installation issue not an incompatible mod with 1.60+.

Load your savegame use the uninstall option for 1.59c, use any other uninstall option for all other Sexlab mods if they have it. Wait 1 hour (gameTime)

make a save, quit game. Disable all SexLab based mods and SexLab, Load your save wait 2 hours(gametime) make a save, quit. Use save tool on that save game, load your save wait again, save, quit. Install SexLab 160+ (don't forget the creature pack) make sure you have the latest version of FNIS, skse, and other SexLab mods, enable them with your mod manager load your save game use the Install button in the MCM for SexLab and any other mods that have the option and Play the game (I normally make a save first quit load that save and play but it's probably unnecessary.)

I promise you it will work if you use that method I disappear for months at a time and I have never had an issue upgrading any version of SexLab. I've also noticed everytime there is a new version you get these kind of request for old versions all over the forum. Ashal is very good at making little notes all over the scripts for SexLab on what features are going bye bye which gives most people plenty of time to update there mods to be compatible as for this version there is an issue with one or two animations in ZaZ and thats about it almost everyother mod is fully compatible.

If matchmaker isn't working then you have an installation issue not an incompatible mod with 1.60+.

Load your savegame use the uninstall option for 1.59c, use any other uninstall option for all other Sexlab mods if they have it. Wait 1 hour (gameTime)

make a save, quit game. Disable all SexLab based mods and SexLab, Load your save wait 2 hours(gametime) make a save, quit. Use save tool on that save game, load your save wait again, save, quit. Install SexLab 160+ (don't forget the creature pack) make sure you have the latest version of FNIS, skse, and other SexLab mods, enable them with your mod manager load your save game use the Install button in the MCM for SexLab and any other mods that have the option and Play the game (I normally make a save first quit load that save and play but it's probably unnecessary.)

I promise you it will work if you use that method I disappear for months at a time and I have never had an issue upgrading any version of SexLab. I've also noticed everytime there is a new version you get these kind of request for old versions all over the forum. Ashal is very good at making little notes all over the scripts for SexLab on what features are going bye bye which gives most people plenty of time to update there mods to be compatible as for this version there is an issue with one or two animations in ZaZ and thats about it almost everyother mod is fully compatible.

What are the Zaz animations that have issues so I know to disable them. What kind of issues? The animation not running of a full blown CTD?

It's not a CTD it's just the animation doesn't play correctly for what's listed in the console during play as "$Zap_Doggy01" I have no idea how to just disable Just that animation as it's not in the SexLab MCM toggles for animations. I haven't really looked into yet as it's just a minor issue. There are reports on the ZaZ mod page about it and probably a fix or work around I just haven't had time to do more than breeze through the last few pages.

It's not a CTD it's just the animation doesn't play correctly for what's listed in the console during play as "$Zap_Doggy01" I have no idea how to just disable Just that animation as it's not in the SexLab MCM toggles for animations. I haven't really looked into yet as it's just a minor issue. There are reports on the ZaZ mod page about it and probably a fix or work around I just haven't had time to do more than breeze through the last few pages.

Thanks! I was asking because I just got a CTD right after a pilory animation was about to start and I thought maybe it was Zap's fault. Probably it was just a random crash.

What are the Zaz animations that have issues so I know to disable them. What kind of issues? The animation not running of a full blown CTD?

Zaz has a feature to override SexLab animations if you're wearing restraints so a bound animation is used. This results in one of about eight animations being selected, which can't be switched between with SexLab hotkeys so you're stuck with whichever one you're given. Around half of them don't work. They shouldn't cause CTDs, but you will see the actors stand still doing nothing, one actor standing while the other animates, one actor playing the original animation that should have been overridden while the other plays the Zaz animation, both actors standing "inside" each other - that kind of thing. If you get one you just have to wait it out, or space bar through the stages to get it over with quickly.

The animations don't need to be registered in SexLab to play. The option to toggle the feature on or off is "Override if needed" which should be in the SexLab page of the Zaz MCM from version 605 onwards. It's enabled by default.

Devious Devices also has a feature that does the same thing, using the same small pool of Zaz animations with the same problems - which are problems in Zaz, not DD. That's the option to "Use bound animations" in the devious MCM. It's also enabled by default.

Zaz has a feature to override SexLab animations if you're wearing restraints so a bound animation is used. This results in one of about eight animations being selected, which can't be switched between with SexLab hotkeys so you're stuck with whichever one you're given. Around half of them don't work. They shouldn't cause CTDs, but you will see the actors stand still doing nothing, one actor standing while the other animates, one actor playing the original animation that should have been overridden while the other plays the Zaz animation, both actors standing "inside" each other - that kind of thing. If you get one you just have to wait it out, or space bar through the stages to get it over with quickly.

The animations don't need to be registered in SexLab to play. The option to toggle the feature on or off is "Override if needed" which should be in the SexLab page of the Zaz MCM from version 605 onwards. It's enabled by default.

Devious Devices also has a feature that does the same thing, using the same small pool of Zaz animations with the same problems - which are problems in Zaz, not DD. That's the option to "Use bound animations" in the devious MCM. It's also enabled by default.

I knew about that animation replacement feature in zap, I always have it disabled. Thanks for the details on the symptoms of the current issues with the recent sexlab. Also I noticed that having a gag equipped on the PC, the repeating gag sound doesn't work. It works on NPC, I think. What does that have to do with sexlab It boggles my mind.

I knew about that animation replacement feature in zap, I always have it disabled. Thanks for the details on the symptoms of the current issues with the recent sexlab. Also I noticed that having a gag equipped on the PC, the repeating gag sound doesn't work. It works on NPC, I think. What does that have to do with sexlab It boggles my mind.

Yeah, I and a few others noticed that as well. The gag auto play feature for the player is broken for Zaz 605+ although I'm not sure if that's anything to do with the SexLab version. I can't remember if it was happening already with 1.59c.

A few of us reported the gag problem in the Zaz thread, but ZaZ and Xaz weren't active on the site at the time and haven't returned since.

• 10 months later...

I had problems with my hard drive and had to buy a new one and reinstall all my mods but i cant seem to find a link to the old framework 1.59c download i dont like the new 1.60 because its not compatible with alot of stuff can anyone help me out?

Sexlab 160 and above is for Windows 10; and v159c and older are for Windows xp, vista, 7, 8!