Windows 10: good, bad, or other

Just did a Windows 7 Home Premium 64bit upgrade to Windows 10.

Damn they have all the bullshit added into the start buttons window.

And there seems to be no way to turn the shit off....

I really don't want Twitter, Groovtube, weather, or anything else that sucks up my internet bandwidth, and cpu resources running in the background just so I can hit the start button and get add's like I was log'd into a Fucking Xbox Console.

http://liliputing.com/2015/07/goodbye-live-tiles-give-windows-10-a-classic-start-menu.html

Right Click on each one (there are a few) and choose UNPIN... Still doesn't stop the shit from running in the background sucking up resources, you just no longer see it sucking up resources....

Oh and why can't I turn off the "Give microsoft your information so they can share it with other companies, and give you ad's".

I don't want ad's... I FUCKING HATE AD's

If I wanted Advertisements... I would use Something other the Chrome or Firefox with AdBlock, Flashblock, and Script Block.

And I would probably use an Xbox More ( I fucking hate getting AD's on that thing and I sure as Fuck don't want them on my PC).

Oh hay the Explorer Windows and what not look like crap... Microsoft FACEPALM yourself will you

I've seen Fecal mater that had better design's....

Yes,  Windows 7 had a nice layout, not to much in your face (it still looked like it was designed by a gradeschooler, but at least it wasn't deadpan flat).

I guess if you have a tablet the interface is easy to use...

But for a FUCKING DESKTOP with no touchscreen, come the fuck on... At least let me go back to the Aero package from Windows 7 or the Classic Windows XP Theme setting.

Oh wait until Skyrim Crashes (and it will) then try to bring up the Taskmanager to close the TESV.EXE...

Guess what, taskmanager doesn't seem to come to the front like it did in Windows 7, Vista, XP, 2000, 98, or 95... so without an ability to kill a crashed program that is running fullscreen... well you can log out and it will try to kill the app (just takes it a minute or 10 to figure out you can't hit close WINDOW cause you can NOT SEE the window that ask's do you want to close this fucking window).... I wonder if it will work in Borderless window mode (uh can you get skyrim to run in borderless window mode???).

I Should have known if LittleLimp (Microsoft) is giving something away.... then there is bound to be a couple of catches...

But for the people that want crap in there start menu (by default), and a fugly Explorer theme, along with Microsoft certified ad's and other assorted bullshit... Windows 10 just might be for you.

Me I'm gonna fuck with it for a week or so, and if I can't get it to improve to the way I want my desktop to run... then back to my Windows 7 DVD and full on kill / rebuild of my OS drive...

Hmmm where the fuck did the Admin tools go, or are they just not an option on the upgrade (fuck never take anything that microsoft offers for free, never ever ever).

Edit: I think I might have found most of my admin functions, (Right click on the Start Button)... now I guess I just need to figure out how to add the CONTROL PANEL menu back to the fucking start menu.

:v

I'm thinking you don't realize that at least 95% of that stuff is easily fixable. And half of it i haven't even encountered and i've been using W10 since the Insider Edition. And a few things have been that way since 8, so you're more having to adapt to the changes of two OS's up rather than something 10 specifically did.

Admin tools are in the same place since at least 8, Skyrim works fine, Task Manager's opened from a new screen since Windows 8, plus you can hover over the window preview and then use the arrow keys and delete key to kill the process if you can't get the window to actually appear proper, Windows Explorer opening up to the Quick Access thing is easily changeable... i could go on. I'm not sure why you're having problems, i was able to fix most of the changes pretty quickly by myself, and the couple of things i wasn't sure on i checked online for and got the solutions there.

:v

I'm thinking you don't realize that at least 95% of that stuff is easily fixable. And half of it i haven't even encountered and i've been using W10 since the Insider Edition. And a few things have been that way since 8, so you're more having to adapt to the changes of two OS's up rather than something 10 specifically did.

About the half of that stuff that's easily fixable care to tell us where to find out how to fix them?

I want to upgrade to windows 10 but its these stuff that stops me from doing so. If i knew how to fix them I would upgrade to windows 10 asap.

Windows 7 Theme for Windows 10
http://www.intowindows.com/download-windows-7-aero-theme-for-windows-10/

For the Theme... Hell there is even a XP theme on Windows 10
http://www.intowindows.com/windows-xp-themes-for-windows-10/

On the closing of the crashed app...
Been there, done that, goes t-shirts from ms dos 1.0 back in the 90's
I tried clicking the happy X on the taskbar after flipping to it via alt tab, I tried ye old Ctrl-Alt-Del which brings up the screen where you start taskmanager, and it shows it running on the taskbar, but it did not come up to the front when I alt tab'd to it.

Now I run skyrim thru MO with SKSE and ENB running (could be something in the way that Windows installed as every other version of windows when you bring up taskmanager and have it active it overrides other apps and puts itself front and f'n center)....

You do realize that a majority of people on PC's still run 7 because 8 and 8.1 had quirks they didn't like... kinda like people passed on Vista and stayed with XP for years until 7 fixed Vista's shit.

So if you have had Bullshit in your start menu since 8 and are used to it.... I kinda feel for ya.
Irony Rightclicking the startmenu button in XP and 7 did things different then it does in 10 (and I guess 8 for that matter).
Right click now has the Run option, most of the admin tools, and control panel (I'ld rather have that inside the start menu and just toss the extra crap they added on, but I guess that would make me old fashioned).

Thankfully the remote access and other settings I had turned off in my windows 7 config stayed when the upgrade did its thing.

I would say it looks nice, but honestly Windows 7's Aero had a better look and feel to it (god I hope there is some performance under the hood improvements other then DX12 and Edge replacing IE).

You remove those apps that you're worried about. Not many of them are using resources either, and even with the few that do I haven't seen any change in performance at all. If anything this laptop is running faster, even while playing games. :o

Just spend a little while customizing it to your liking. It's basically 7 on steroids.

Privacy is gone datamining perma and less options to change or control windows.

But you have to install windows 10 as local account.

Do custom set up so you can already switch off most.

DISABLE CORTANA

DISABLE ONEDRIVE

Us firefox or chrome and activate the no track or ad blockers.

Make sure you check the privacy settings from time to time they switch on without knowing MSHIT windows 10 is one big malware so don´t cry about if you install this spyware.

Again many you can control if you do some research and dig how to change things in windows 10.

Good luck