What music do you listen to?

On 7/1/2011 at 5:44 AM, Guest said:

I thought we could have a litte chitchat about music. :)

What music do you listen to? Is there a specific genre you prefer or do you rather listen everything all over the place? Since when do you listen to the music you listen to now?

Is music important for you?

Do you have special occasions in which you listen to special music?

Well, that's everything that comes to my mind so far. :D

I absolutely prefer Heavy Metal, namely the extreme subgenres Black and Death Metal with a ~90% focus on Black Metal. I listen to Black Metal since... approximately 7 years or so and since then it has become quite my everyday music. I can listen to it in every occasion, be it playing video games, washing or trying to sleep. :) I like other music too, like some medieval rock/metal, (dark) ambient, soundtracks, classical music and sometimes experimental or avantgarde, but I don't listen to them that frequently.

I mostly listen to metal. But I do listen to other genres. However I don't listen to genres that annoy me such as pop, rap, r&b, emo, screamo or dubstep. I'm pretty sure there are others, but I can't think of them.

2 hours ago, dbagain said:

It's kind of a metal cake, sandwiching a creamy Europop filling, topped with a comic twist and a dash of any genre they feel like throwing in the mix!

Gotta love these wacky metal bands who don't take themselves too seriously ?

Another classic...

So far, this thread has given me two new favorite songs.  Stop the disco and Witchdocter.    

49 minutes ago, dbagain said:

that's a random question! ?

Its just here where i live 10 out of 9 rehearsal rooms are located in old wartime bunkers or old industry buildings which serve only that purpose... providing space for bands.

So no kind of buisness, exept maybe a guitar store or stuff like that, is located in that area.

It seems pretty odd to me that either a business decided to rent space below a band or a band rented space above a buisness.

56 minutes ago, dbagain said:

they rehearsed on the top floor.

As a Drummer, please tell me there was an elevator.

8 minutes ago, EvalovesEP said:

> Not bad but I prefer original song from the movie. Salma Hayek made me wet in this movie. She was hot.

I am a product of the MTV generation where a great video would make me a fan of a song and vice versa.   In this case.....it was Salma Hayek that made me love this song.   Also, I may offend movie chic' people here, but I thought that move was pretty good.  Corny, silly, sexy, a bit dark and unpredictable.