What music do you listen to?

16 hours ago, Doctor Cadaver said:

Country music doesn't deserve a chance.  Never has, never will.  It's the same old tired shit, like it always has been.  The lyrics either have to do with some hick drinking at a bar on a Friday night, or breaking/hooking up with a woman.  It's basically R&B (another music genre I can't stand) for rednecks.  No thank you.

And yet, with that statement, you've managed to disregard most of Johnny Cash's musical legacy.

It's not just the lyrical stuff. It's the twang-tacka-twang style that he made famous.

Just like the DSHHH BASHH DSHHH BASHH of John Bonham.

24 minutes ago, Doctor Cadaver said:

He's okay.  There were a couple of his songs that I liked.  He was one of a kind, that's for sure.

Well, What do YOU like? I'm tired of your trollish behavior. Put up and shut up already

And not just another incohesive electronic noisefest

4 minutes ago, Pork Type said:

That's a hell of a claim.

Go on...

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/culture/music/rockandjazzmusic/4402149/Why-Buddy-Holly-will-never-fade-away.html

Read up. 

The man died 10 years before I was born, I grew up listening to my fathers records, Buddy Holly, Eddie Cochrane, The Beatles etc. While I mostly listen to metal and hard rock, those early legends who shaped the music we all know (and Buddy Holly shaped their music beforehand) always draw me back to where I first found my love for music.

6 minutes ago, nIn nIn nIn said:

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/culture/music/rockandjazzmusic/4402149/Why-Buddy-Holly-will-never-fade-away.html

Read up. 

The man died 10 years before I was born, I grew up listening to my fathers records, Buddy Holly, Eddie Cochrane, The Beatles etc. While I mostly listen to metal and hard rock, those early legends who shaped the music we all know (and Buddy Holly shaped their music beforehand) always draw me back to where I first found my love for music.

Hail, fellow early Gen Xer.

I grew up listening to a mix of late Beatles, and Paul McCartney and the Wings. To the point that I believed Uncle Albert was a family member...

...But no Buddy Holly.

Not to take away from your own childhood. 70s and 80s... What a time to be alive. Unregulated childhood!

But don't you think, maybe, perhaps, there's a bit of personal bias happening here.

Because every time I hear ^ THAT song, I get flashbacks of being a toddler.

And, Yes. The Beatles (and many more) influenced my musical tastes.

But, no sign of Buddy Holly.

Wouldn't he have been a universal household icon, like Paul McCartney, by 1970, If he was really that feckin' great?

Trollish behavior? LMAO, come on!  That was an honest answer!  You've already posted Iron Maiden, which I'm a fan of.  But here's one of my favorites from them:

I also like Megadeth.  I can definitely relate to "In My Darkest Hour".

I don't like Megadeth. Off brand Metallica (maybe some tribalism here?)

What about a little Aerosmith?

Fuck Aerosmith.

Godsmack

Never heard 'em before.

Rob Zombie (I prefer his older stuff).

I like the cartoon movie he made. Not really familiar, otherwise.

And now for something a little different...

I liked him better when he was still black.

That should give you a good idea of what my tastes in music are, besides synth of course.

Fair enough. You caught me in shitposting mode.

•