View File

25 march 2017 - Uploaded a fast change so that now it requires JIP NVSE instead than Lutana. Clean save suggested. If you have troubles, please let me know.

---------------
Introduction
---------------

This is like the... third or fourth animator I do. It's a tool I use often, and everytime I find they can be done better so I redo everything from scratch...

However, this time I feel this is my Definitive Animator and probably the only one I'll update (especially if Lutana will have changes).

-------------
Description
-------------

In short, this mod gathers the animation files installed by other mods and allows to play them on the player or to some target. It is fully configurable via MCM. After being installed, it will be disabled by default, so it needs to be enabled via MCM, as the Welcome message will warn. Inside MCM, under OPTIONS, you can select I NEED HELP to gather few more infos about the mod, directly in game.

To acquire a target, you need to point to an actor and TAP the Main Hotkey (Default I). If no actors are present, Player will be selected as target.
HOLDING the Main Hotkey will call the Idle menu. The animations are chosen scrolling with W/S or mousewheel, then to confirm TAP Main Hotkey again or press left mouse button.
Loop mode ON / OFF can be chosen with Grab (default Z)

------
Video
------

------------------------
Gathering animations
------------------------

By default, the mod will load only the animation files inside its subfolder "aSA":
Data\meshes\characters\_male\idleanims\aSA
I included a bunch of files in that folder, just to try the mod on the fly. They require a compatability skeleton.

However it is possible to tell the mod to gather the other animation files on its own: on MCM, under OPTIONS, there's "Use all IdleAnims subfolders", after selecting this option it will be possible to choose which subfolders to include, choosing FOLDERS on the left menu

------------
Requisites
------------
NVSE 5beta2+
JIP NVSE (old 1.3 was requiring Lutana)
UIO
MCM
(Optional - but, in general, strongly suggested) - some compatible skeleton, like Deedes, Astymma or BodyMorph.

--------------
Default Keys
--------------

>>> IN GAME
Main Hotkey (Default I) >>> TAP: acquire target; HOLD: open Idle Menu
Reset Hotkey (Default O) >>> TAP: soft reset; HOLD: hard reset
Trigger favorite animations: Numpad 1-9

>>> IN IDLE MENU
Forward / Backward or Mouse Wheel: scroll up / down (mousewheel is faster)
Grab: Loop mode ON/OFF
Confirm: Main Hotkey (Default I) or Left Mouse Button
Bind favorite animations: Numpad 1-9
Hard Reset: Reset Hotkey (O)

>>> IN HUD CONFIGURATION
Follow the infos on the screen

-----
Q/A
-----

Q. An example of how to use it?
- Download an animation mod (i.e. search POSE in some mod repository and you'll find a lot of them.
- Extract the content as you usually would do, but don't activate the ESP since you don't need it.
- Go in game, go in Small Animator MCM.
- In the first sub-menu OPTIONS, choose "Use all IdleAnims subfolders"
- In the third sub-menu FOLDERS, check that the pose mod's folder is checked (every folder should be checked by default, so in case un-check those you don't want to include)
- Go back in game, keep I pressed and choose on the menu the pose you want to trigger. Enjoy!
- Eventually, download more poses / animations and follow the same procedure.

Q. Can the menus be more responsive?
- Go in MCM - OPTIONS - SMOOTHNESS - Reduce that value

Q. My computer's old!
- Go in MCM - OPTIONS - SMOOTHNESS - Increase that value. The mod will be less smoother but will eat less resources.

Q. I quitted MCM, a sign appeared on the screen "LOADING ANIMATIONS", it leasted some seconds, during this time I couldn't move, everything was freezed.
- You probably loaded 5000 animation files in 200 subfolders, like me. Reduce them in the FOLDERS menu.

Q. Why should I hold the button for so much time?
- Why don't you reduce that time? :lol: MCM - OPTIONS - HOLD TIME - Reduce that value for your heart content

Q. I'm trying to trigger a first person animation, but everytime it kicks me in third person!
- MCM - OPTIONS - Uncheck FORCE 3RD PERSON

Q. I don't like the position of the list / the fonts used..
- MCM - OPTIONS - CONFIGURE HUD

Q. I have DARNUI, I can't see the menu right!
- MCM - OPTIONS - CONFIGURE HUD

Q. It uses the same hotkey of <insert mod name>!
- MCM - HOTKEYS - Configure them as you prefer

Q. Why Enable / Disable?
- If you don't use the mod, and you disable it, it will eat less resources

--------------
Credits
--------------

hlp - NVSE
Luthien Anarion - Lutana
JazzIsParis - UIO
Pelinor - MCM

--------------
For modders
--------------

A possible way to force hide the hud (but not block the mod) is BuildREF xx002D73 and Call it passing 1 as parameter. Passing 0 it will come back to normality.

• Submitter
  • Submitted
    07/20/2015
  • Category
  • Requires
    NVSE 5beta2, JIP NVSE, UIO, MCM

Always been a fan of your UI animators and generally had no issues with them.

For Small Animator how ever I couldn't get the in-game UI for it to show regardless of all requisites being covered and latest.

After messing around for 20 minutes wondering why, it all came down to a simple quick addition of 2 lines to \Data\uio\private\supported.txt

aSA\aSA_hud.xml::hudmainmenu

true

So it works now, just had to adjust the HUD for the squashed text down from the very top of the screen.

Especially liking the new "Use all IdleAnims subfolders"  feature, well done. ;)

Thanks AJ for another cool mod, you come up with some of the most unique mods.

Also big thanks to 7KeysCurtain as I had exactly the same problema with the HUD and came to the same conclusion but was not sure of the proper syntax for the file, your tip works perfectly.

Because OF COURSE I forgot a file when I was packaging.

You know what? the day I'll package everything correctly at the first attempt, then it means there's something wrong in me :lol:

Thanx for that, I'm going to re-up with the uio config file

• 1 month later...

Hello, wonderful mod but I have a problem. After activating it, my 3rd person aim becomes misaligned. No matter what I do (even disabling it it remains misaligned). I'm quite sure it is the small animator because I made a test enabling one by one the mods and the aim becomes misaligned only and only after enabling the smallanimator in MCM...

Is there something I can try to avoid this?

Thanks,

JD

• 1 month later...

Hello, wonderful mod but I have a problem. After activating it, my 3rd person aim becomes misaligned. No matter what I do (even disabling it it remains misaligned). I'm quite sure it is the small animator because I made a test enabling one by one the mods and the aim becomes misaligned only and only after enabling the smallanimator in MCM...

Thanks,

JD

A.J says:

"That's bad. I think I can know the cause and a possible correction via console but I can't inspect the ESP right now and I don't remember the name of that Global variable :-/ "

Thanks,

JD

A.J says:

"That's bad. I think I can know the cause and a possible correction via console but I can't inspect the ESP right now and I don't remember the name of that Global variable :-/ "

The animTool (the other version, more complete) does not have this problem... If this can help.Bye, Jd

• 2 weeks later...

The animTool (the other version, more complete) does not have this problem... If this can help.Bye, Jd

I checked the variable.

Since you can reproduce the issue, you could write this line on console:

HELP fAutoAimMaxDistance

it should return you a value, something like 1800.

After you'll have the issue, try to check it again, I believe it wrongly setted it to 0.

• 1 month later...

I had your old animation mod installed and had used batch files to copy in new animations with items, like tied to a bed.

Is there a way to get the items to show with this mod?  I think the idles are playing, but no items like cuffs show.

Great job on this mod!

I lost all the mods and game with steam problem, so i am starting over.

I had your old animation mod installed and had used batch files to copy in new animations with items, like tied to a bed.

Is there a way to get the items to show with this mod?  I think the idles are playing, but no items like cuffs show.

Great job on this mod!

I lost all the mods and game with steam problem, so i am starting over.

Hello Arcturus, and happy new year :)

Unfortunately AOs (animated objects) are not contemplated by this mod. It was a choice made by me, because ... well, it's more a matter of concept.

This mod wants to be completely dynamic, it uses functions from Lutana which allow that, like browsing the files directly in your hard drive and put the animations in game etc. AOs, on the other side, don't allow this. Some time ago I asked Luthien Anarion if he thought to make a function for them, but I have no news. Putting AOs like I did in the previous mod would mean making the mod less dynamic. I ... I don't know, I would prefer to suggest you to use the old one, if you use AOs.

• 1 year later...