The C.A.N.S. (Cooperative Algebraic Node Sizing) Framework

[09/18/2015 - 10:11:57PM] error: Class CANS_MCM overflowed the named state count field(s) while linking. The class is marked as invalid. A programmer must adjust the bit field sizes

there is a limit to states you can have in mcm script i think its  254

also got error [09/18/2015 - 10:11:57PM] Error: Unable to bind script CANS_MCM to CANS_MCM (CB003DEE) because their base types do not match

which prevent mod loading, no idea what causes this, have same problem with MME for some people

also cans doesnt look like its working, breast size doesnt change

CANS_Framework CANS = Quest.GetQuest("CANS") as CANS_Framework
			if CANS
				if !(akActor.HasMagicEffect(Game.GetFormFromFile(0x5e49, "CANS.esp") as MagicEffect)) 	;The target does not have the effect.
					if (akActor.HasSpell(Game.GetFormFromFile(0x5e48, "CANS.esp") as Spell)) 			;The target has the spell but not the effect, something was called incorrectly and the effect was dispelled but not the spell
						akActor.RemoveSpell(Game.GetFormFromFile(0x5e48, "CANS.esp") as Spell)			;Now the target neither has the spell nor the effect
					EndIf
					akActor.AddSpell(Game.GetFormFromFile(0x5e48, "CANS.esp") as Spell, false) 			;Adds the spell, does not notify if it is added to the Player
					(Game.GetFormFromFile(0x5e48, "CANS.esp") as Spell).Cast(akActor, akActor) 			;Activates the spell and applies the framework
				EndIf
				CANS.RegisterMyMod(akActor, "Milk Mod Economy", "Milking")
				CANS.Breast(akActor, "Milk Mod Economy", CurrentSize)
			else
				Debug.notification("Something is wrong with CANS, it might have been updated and is no longer working with MME")
			endif

Hrm. Alright, I'm busy right now, but I'll release a chopped up version of the MCM script with fewer states as a place holder until I rewrite it as the option ID version.

I'll dig into the second error. I'm not sure why it wouldn't be updating, there's a delay but nothing that should actually stop it from working. I'll look into it, I probably missed something, or maybe the form ID for something changed.

I did report that Beeing Female had native support for C.A.N.S. on the last page, shows how well I'm heard around here... ;)

And Ed86's participation in the thread tells me we may see his support finally un-commented out. Truly excited by that since the current patch I have doesn't let me play with the newer features of MME, such as milk production counting towards milk maid level. With one or two more patches/supported mods, I'm sure we can truly test the framework at handling multiple node calls, iron any issues, and declare official release finally!

Is the current version 0.14.0.3's mcm menu not loading up?

also for the post beta release will it need a new save or can i just clean my current save and update?

Yeah the current MCM isn't working and apparently stopping the mod from loading (?)

I meant to fix that the day of but I fell behind on schoolwork and real life business so CANS got pushed back.

You won't need a new save. Nothing related to the actual mechanics are going to change. Patches won't need to be updated either. Backwards compatibility is my mission.

i got a question do u turn off node scaling for the mod that has support for cans? i know MME has a option to set it to cans but not sure if beeing has it.

here is the mcm error the newest verison gives if it helps u.

[09/22/2015 - 01:19:08AM] warning: Property Alias_CANS_ApplicationAlias on script QF_CANS_020012CD attached to CANS (F20012CD) cannot be initialized because the script no longer contains that property

OK I just loaded the new version.

Using the latest stable SoulGem Oven II and the patch from here.

Using Milk Mod Economy 2015-09-19 with scaling sets to C.A.N.S.

It works!

At least in the rather limited half hour or so of testing I've managed to get in.

You DO have to set the max scales much lower in both MME and SGO or it appears they WILL bust the max you set in CANS. I'll have to push that a bit more to see.

I have MME set to max out at 1.20 breast and SGO set to max out at .60 (SGO max is added to base where in MME you're seeing the total max size including base... that's why the numbers are so different)

Best I can judge, I have CANS breast set to max at 2.5. Hard to tell in that slider, but it would be nice to see tenths there. Graduated and displayed in tenths. 

I grew them, shrunk them, milked them, grew them again. Milked to zero and started over. Milked one mod to zero while the other continued apply growth. then milked that one down while the other was growing. 

I'm not seeing the popping anymore. The changes are more natural. Overall impression.... I think you're onto something now.

Ed86, author of MME said he didn't think CANS was working for him. In his mod. But this may be because you have to severely adjust the max size in each mod or they'll cumulatively expand the node such that you run into the CANS max so you always look maxed.

I believe SGO increase per milk is something like: MaxSize divided by MaxMilks = growth per tick

MME you can set growth per tick. I have it set to .1 so with 2 mods manipulating size, she never gets silly huge and everything looks much smoother.

Again.... no node popping. That's a biggie.

I'll test this some more as it looks very promising, but I honestly don't think I'll get back to it until tomorrow. 

nicely done!

I was looking at some of the math for scale on breast and stuff, I may need to severely modify how the additive works or we'll get hindenburgh levels of ridiculous, but CANS is functioning.

Time to pop some champagne and finalize things for the 1.0.

I'm coming a little late to the party here, but I just installed the latest version of C.A.N.S. to use with the CANS version of Beeing Female and noticed while BF sees CANS, CANS doesn't see any other mod, including BF, any hints? And I don't know if this is a bug or not but I cannot enable the "Torpedo Boobs" fix in the MCM.

And I don't know if this is a bug or not but I cannot enable the "Torpedo Boobs" fix in the MCM.

^^^ THIS...

Yeah I just remembered when I saw this post that the Torpedo Boobs setting is not clickable. Can't enable.

Since I'm kinda "breast focused" (ya think?)... I've noticed that if you want REALLY big boobs you're going to have to give up something... like... appearance. I've toned down the size on my characters and default bodies and by doing so I find I can make greater adjustments to scale. I can start with a beautiful little B cup and expand them into double D territory without too much deformation. 

When I was much younger and building race cars, my motto was "torque it 'til it snaps and then back it off a quarter turn."

With all of the different body meshes out there it can be a challenge to find the one that scales best for what you want. And I'm not sure why, but I've been under the assumption that adjusting breast curve required the extra breast bones like LBreast1 and RBreast1 (or.... xxx01.... can't remember). And UUNP and XPMSE3.2 don't have those bones I don't think. Been a while since I nifscoped a skeleton mesh.

Definitely want to test more, but.... have to wait until tomorrow.

Would be nice to see a more granular slider for max size.

And get the torpedo boobs thing fixed as we can't test it if it doesn't work :)

And I've only used it on the default setting which I think was "highest value only", but I won't swear to that. :)

I'm coming a little late to the party here, but I just installed the latest version of C.A.N.S. to use with the CANS version of Beeing Female and noticed while BF sees CANS, CANS doesn't see any other mod, including BF, any hints? And I don't know if this is a bug or not but I cannot enable the "Torpedo Boobs" fix in the MCM.

CANS won't recognize a mod until it's actually doing something. I'm not all that familiar with Beeing Female's scripts but I assume that it doesn't start doing things automatically. Make sure it should be scaling breasts and then check again. I'm workin on a fix for it displaying -2 when it doesn't recognize any. I know why it's doing that, I just need to fix it.

And I don't know if this is a bug or not but I cannot enable the "Torpedo Boobs" fix in the MCM.

^^^ THIS...

Yeah I just remembered when I saw this post that the Torpedo Boobs setting is not clickable. Can't enable.

Since I'm kinda "breast focused" (ya think?)... I've noticed that if you want REALLY big boobs you're going to have to give up something... like... appearance. I've toned down the size on my characters and default bodies and by doing so I find I can make greater adjustments to scale. I can start with a beautiful little B cup and expand them into double D territory without too much deformation. 

When I was much younger and building race cars, my motto was "torque it 'til it snaps and then back it off a quarter turn."

With all of the different body meshes out there it can be a challenge to find the one that scales best for what you want. And I'm not sure why, but I've been under the assumption that adjusting breast curve required the extra breast bones like LBreast1 and RBreast1 (or.... xxx01.... can't remember). And UUNP and XPMSE3.2 don't have those bones I don't think. Been a while since I nifscoped a skeleton mesh.

Definitely want to test more, but.... have to wait until tomorrow.

Would be nice to see a more granular slider for max size.

And get the torpedo boobs thing fixed as we can't test it if it doesn't work :)

And I've only used it on the default setting which I think was "highest value only", but I won't swear to that. :)

I'll look at why it won't turn on. Odds are I forgot a line of code and it is turning on it just doesn't display it.

Good motto, especially for mechanics.

You're right though, XPMSE doesn't have the bones for the curve fix, and doesn't need it. XPMSE doesn't suffer from the torpedo breast thing. (From the mouth of Groovtama himself)

What do you mean about the max size slider? I can slap it in the 1.0 revisions.

Max slider...

take this:

SetSliderDialogDefaultValue(6.0)
SetSliderDialogRange(1.0, 12.0)
SetSliderDialogInterval(0.5)

and make it this:

SetSliderDialogInterval(0.1)

SetSliderDialogInterval(0.1)  instead of 0.5

Max slider...

take this:

SetSliderDialogInterval(0.5)

and make it this:

SetSliderDialogInterval(0.1)

SetSliderDialogInterval(0.1)  instead of 0.5

Roger that.

Also noticed that the current node size is stuck on zero. I was hoping to see what CANS had the nodes set to in order to see how my changes in the individual mods was affecting node size.

The DISPLAY of node size... The nodes are resizing fine. I just can't tell what the exact size is.....

Also noticed that the current node size is stuck on zero. I was hoping to see what CANS had the nodes set to in order to see how my changes in the individual mods was affecting node size.

The DISPLAY of node size... The nodes are resizing fine. I just can't tell what the exact size is.....

Yeah that whole side of the menu was behaving strangely. I'm looking into it as I rebuild the MCM from scratch.

If you could increase the max for the scaling, that would be useful in situations like pregnancy @ 8 and something else scaling @ 6, that bumps into the current limit of 12.

Disable the max breast setting in the MCM. 12 is, quite frankly, incredibly large. But if you want it larger you can disable the max setting entirely.

Looking for some guidance here... I have CANS .14.1.1 installed along with milk mod economy 2015-09-19. When I set the scaling to CANS, the breasts don't seem to change scale. It does work if I set MME to NIO. So what types of debug prints (without digging through everyone's scripts) would I be looking for from CANS to tell what the issue might be?

And it may have already been discussed, but I'm also seeing in the CANS MCM that it's managing 2 mods, but I only have MME active and set to CANS and no mods are listed under "deactivate". So does CANS print the mods it thinks it's managing in the debug?

Looking for some guidance here... I have CANS .14.1.1 installed along with milk mod economy 2015-09-19. When I set the scaling to CANS, the breasts don't seem to change scale. It does work if I set MME to NIO. So what types of debug prints (without digging through everyone's scripts) would I be looking for from CANS to tell what the issue might be?

And it may have already been discussed, but I'm also seeing in the CANS MCM that it's managing 2 mods, but I only have MME active and set to CANS and no mods are listed under "deactivate". So does CANS print the mods it thinks it's managing in the debug?

Can't provide serious support since I'm out of town this weekend, check to make sure things appear in the uninstall menu on CANS, check to make sure the breasts should actually be growing, since CANS is going to ignore anything that's 1.0 or below.

CANS debug logging is kinda poor right now (being redone for the 1.0) but anything it prints should be prefaced with "CANS:" or "CANS Framework:"