The C.A.N.S. (Cooperative Algebraic Node Sizing) Framework

Is there no way to have the item just sit in the inventory and not be equipped? Is there a specific reason it needs to be equipped?

I'm currently testing that. I assumed that it wouldn't do anything without being equipped, but the more searching I do the more that looks pointless. At the moment though it serves the purpose of having a setup and ending event when equipping and unequipping, as soon as I write a better function I'll push out 0.9.1 with a replacement.

Of course the real question is why is an item needed?  Did you attach a magic effect to it?  If so you can cast a spell via script and set a magic effect that way and eliminate the need for an item altogether.

That's the way it originally was, but he's testing the item option out to see if it's better for ease of use.

Is there no way to have the item just sit in the inventory and not be equipped? Is there a specific reason it needs to be equipped?

I'm currently testing that. I assumed that it wouldn't do anything without being equipped, but the more searching I do the more that looks pointless. At the moment though it serves the purpose of having a setup and ending event when equipping and unequipping, as soon as I write a better function I'll push out 0.9.1 with a replacement.

Of course the real question is why is an item needed? Did you attach a magic effect to it? If so you can cast a spell via script and set a magic effect that way and eliminate the need for an item altogether.

A magic effect stops running on NPC's as soon as they're not loaded, so besides stopping applying the effect it would also leave pointless and outdated data all throughout the framework.

I tried to open Fill Her Up in the CK outside of MO. There seems to be a problem with reading any of the scripts' properties. Every time I click on a script associated with Fill Her Up, I get warnings like these:

SCRIPTS: Cannot open store class "SKI_ConfigBase", missing file?

SCRIPTS: Error: Unable to link "SKI_ConfigBase" - the parent of "sr_inflateConfig"

SCRIPTS: error: Failed to ind variable ::CurrentVersion_var used in sr_inflateConfig.OnVersionUpdate()

and a bunch of others like those.

I made sure that all of the mods listed as master files (and their assets) were up to date and extracted to the data folder (making sure that they were all out of their BSAs), and I do have all of the SkyUI scripts and sources in my data folder. I'm out of ideas, short of rewriting the script from scratch.

I tried to open Fill Her Up in the CK outside of MO. There seems to be a problem with reading any of the scripts' properties. Every time I click on a script associated with Fill Her Up, I get warnings like these:

SCRIPTS: Error: Unable to link "SKI_ConfigBase" - the parent of "sr_inflateConfig"

SCRIPTS: error: Failed to ind variable ::CurrentVersion_var used in sr_inflateConfig.OnVersionUpdate()

I made sure that all of the mods listed as master files (and their assets) were up to date and extracted to the data folder (making sure that they were all out of their BSAs), and I do have all of the SkyUI scripts and sources in my data folder. I'm out of ideas, short of rewriting the script from scratch.

You need the SkyUI UDK. I think there's a link on their nexus page

You need the SkyUI UDK. I think there's a link on their nexus page

Derp. I should have thought of that. Just goes to show what a few days of sleep deprivation does. Got Fill Her Up to compile. Going to sleep 

It is enough simple to implement volumetric scaling. Need just to treat summary scale value (or average, squared sum or whatever it is) as volume scale:

float newBoneScale = Math.pow(summaryScale, 1.0 / 3.0)

E.g. if we wish to scale sphere volume by 2, we have to scale its radius by 2^(1/3) which is 1.26

Why volumetric scaling can be better option? Any sphere slows down its visual scaling progression at high radius values

Guest squid0767

The way I understand it, CANS intercepts all of the node checks and passes through some internal maths and then spits out a change if there is any difference between the "GetNodeScale" and "SetNodeScale" floats for that particular mod, which is why the mod has to be registered with CANS. It's node changes are stored as a float within CANS, and CANS is effectively the only mod that makes the changes. Right now, I've changed over to separate script patches as Feliks suggested instead of using an additional esp to effect the changes, as I'd need to change the scripts that came with the original mods (sgo_QuestController for Soulgem Oven, and MilkQUEST for MME) anyway. Might as well free up space in load orders. As for Fill Her Up, I'm having trouble recompiling the script with the changes, so that one will have to wait until Feliks or I can (or anyone else who wants to take a stab at it, my edits and error logs are posted above) can figure out what's wrong.

As far as I can tell none of the errors in the sr_inflatequest should be showing up at all. The only thing I can think of is for some reason it's using the 0.5.0.0 scripts and not the 0.7 scripts. Try deleting whatever CANS files you have and replacing them with the new ones.

Reinstalled CANS 0.7 and still get the same error for sr_inflatequest.

Here's what I have sofar if anyone want to test the patches out.

you haven't included sources :s

Oops. Here's one with the sources included  :blush:

Ok, I know, noob question, but do we simply extract the contents of that file into "C:\Program Files (x86)\Mod Organizer\mods\CANS\Scripts", leaving the paths intact? I have no scripting/programming knowledge, and I'm like the other person who mentioned that HookMerse/PexGUI was simple and worked (sort of) LOL 

Alright guys, two new versions up.

0.8.0.0 is the same as the old version but with a few added bones and a fix for torpedo breasts (thanks to Ed86)

0.9 makes the experimental leap from magic effects to items for the framework. This is gonna need some testing, but implementation has not changed. After it is confirmed that this method works I'll roll out the 1.0 release and focus on making the code easier to read for instructional and implementation purposes as well as adding any other features I (or the community) feel it is missing.

Info on the item: It's an item called CANS_Controller that should not appear in the player's inventory but should be equipped as soon as the magic effect is applied (may require a clean save, or forcing a reset of the CANS quest through the console). It currently uses slot 59 because I couldn't come up with anything off the top of my head that uses that. If this causes problems for anyone I can easily change it or release multiple versions in the future. 

Edit: For the love of Akatosh, anyone who knows something about this or is just curious please read through CANS_Core and CANS_Framework and see if you can figure out whether or not it would work. I think it should, but this wouldn't be the first time code that should have worked just didn't for me.

i wounder if your mod (re)sets WW breast nodes on WW transformation or monitoring skeleton in real time, i had to make a delay after drinking milk for transformation to finish b4 applying node changes

0.8.0.0 is the same as the old version but with a few added bones and a fix for torpedo breasts (thanks to Ed86)

0.9 makes the experimental leap from magic effects to items for the framework. This is gonna need some testing, but implementation has not changed. After it is confirmed that this method works I'll roll out the 1.0 release and focus on making the code easier to read for instructional and implementation purposes as well as adding any other features I (or the community) feel it is missing.

Info on the item: It's an item called CANS_Controller that should not appear in the player's inventory but should be equipped as soon as the magic effect is applied (may require a clean save, or forcing a reset of the CANS quest through the console). It currently uses slot 59 because I couldn't come up with anything off the top of my head that uses that. If this causes problems for anyone I can easily change it or release multiple versions in the future. 

Edit: For the love of Akatosh, anyone who knows something about this or is just curious please read through CANS_Core and CANS_Framework and see if you can figure out whether or not it would work. I think it should, but this wouldn't be the first time code that should have worked just didn't for me.

i wounder if your mod (re)sets WW breast nodes on WW transformation or monitoring skeleton in real time, i had to make a delay after drinking milk for transformation to finish b4 applying node changes

It doesn't do anything special atm, just added them to the breast update function. I kind of assumed it wouldn't be called unless the actor was already in beast form.

The way I understand it, CANS intercepts all of the node checks and passes through some internal maths and then spits out a change if there is any difference between the "GetNodeScale" and "SetNodeScale" floats for that particular mod, which is why the mod has to be registered with CANS. It's node changes are stored as a float within CANS, and CANS is effectively the only mod that makes the changes. Right now, I've changed over to separate script patches as Feliks suggested instead of using an additional esp to effect the changes, as I'd need to change the scripts that came with the original mods (sgo_QuestController for Soulgem Oven, and MilkQUEST for MME) anyway. Might as well free up space in load orders. As for Fill Her Up, I'm having trouble recompiling the script with the changes, so that one will have to wait until Feliks or I can (or anyone else who wants to take a stab at it, my edits and error logs are posted above) can figure out what's wrong.

As far as I can tell none of the errors in the sr_inflatequest should be showing up at all. The only thing I can think of is for some reason it's using the 0.5.0.0 scripts and not the 0.7 scripts. Try deleting whatever CANS files you have and replacing them with the new ones.

Ok, I know, noob question, but do we simply extract the contents of that file into "C:\Program Files (x86)\Mod Organizer\mods\CANS\Scripts", leaving the paths intact? I have no scripting/programming knowledge, and I'm like the other person who mentioned that HookMerse/PexGUI was simple and worked (sort of) LOL 

You'd have to restructure them so they'd be in a .../Data/Scripts/Source format but at the moment if you installed these scripts it'd probably just cause your game to crash.

Guest squid0767

It doesn't do anything special atm, just added them to the breast update function. I kind of assumed it wouldn't be called unless the actor was already in beast form.

You'd have to restructure them so they'd be in a .../Data/Scripts/Source format but at the moment if you installed these scripts it'd probably just cause your game to crash.

Very good to know, thank you for a VERY fast reply! I'll keep watching this, I look forward to being able to do several node-altering things at the same time myself! For now, I'll NOT use Hookmerse/Pex since I've heard it DOES mess your game up, and that means sticking to ONE node mod. Tough choice... :)  But again, THANK YOU :)

Well, I'm currently using those scripts in the zip file and haven't had a CTD related to them yet. I've also checked my papyrus log and the calls are being registered (you just have to have something with node scaling otherwise it'll call a none object).

A word of caution: Mana Tanks has a very high update frequency (linked to the loss and regeneration of your health/magicka/stamina). I'd advise reducing this in the MCM to something higher than a 15 second update interval.

Have not tested Fill Her Up yet.

Well, I'm currently using those scripts in the zip file and haven't had a CTD related to them yet. I've also checked my papyrus log and the calls are being registered (you just have to have something with node scaling otherwise it'll call a none object).

A word of caution: Mana Tanks has a very high update frequency (linked to the loss and regeneration of your health/magicka/stamina). I'd advise reducing this in the MCM to something higher than a 15 second update interval.

Have not tested Fill Her Up yet.

Could you attach the log where they register? I know the trace logging is... inconsistent and irregular with CANS but I'd like to make sure it's following along in the right order.

What about making the object a Quest Item for a C.A.N.S.-generated quest? The only wrinkle would be the need* to add a "clean-up/uninstall" button to C.A.N.S. that would end the quest and delete all of those items before someone removes the mod.

It might also be wise to test what happens if a PC or NPC steals the item, or has more than one in their inventory. There are a lot of mods that mess with inventory settings in weird ways...

* You wouldn't NEED to, I guess, but the alternative is to leave a whole bunch of NPCs with useless items and phantom quests, which is sloppy.

Is there a way to set the item to being invisible in the inventory menu?

or you could do something like fore does with fnis sexy move, he has fnis coins in inventory example fnis coins(4) would related to sexy move number 4 in the mcm and when ever those coins are looted they are automatically removed from the players inventory

What about making the object a Quest Item for a C.A.N.S.-generated quest? The only wrinkle would be the need* to add a "clean-up/uninstall" button to C.A.N.S. that would end the quest and delete all of those items before someone removes the mod.

It might also be wise to test what happens if a PC or NPC steals the item, or has more than one in their inventory. There are a lot of mods that mess with inventory settings in weird ways...

* You wouldn't NEED to, I guess, but the alternative is to leave a whole bunch of NPCs with useless items and phantom quests, which is sloppy.

Is there a way to set the item to being invisible in the inventory menu?

or you could do something like fore does with fnis sexy move, he has fnis coins in inventory example fnis coins(4) would related to sexy move number 4 in the mcm and when ever those coins are looted they are automatically removed from the players inventory

It should appear as invisible now. There is something else I need to see in that mod though. Thank you for reminding me it exists

0.9.1.0 out, the item's been move from slot 59 to 60, and should no longer need to be equipped to function properly. I'm still double checking the code, but as long as everything checks out right now, this is basically 1.0, it just needs some in game testing.

So.... good to go? I can install this and see if it's working with the mods I use? (Basically.... Milk Mod and SGO and sometimes Fill Her Up)

Still waiting on patches. But it looks like CANS is getting official implementation in at least one mod in the near future (and/or past, I haven't been keeping up with things) and TechBane's patches should hopefully add functionality to a few others. So, not quite, sorry if I mislead you.

The framework doesn't do anything on its own, a patch for an existing mod, or creating a dummy mod, are the only good methods of testing it. When a mod sends its calls to adjust nodes to C.A.N.S. is the only time this framework actually works. Ideally, you would want multiple mods using the framework simultaneously in order to truly test it, doing so at different rates would be even better. But since none so far have wanted to try making a dummy mod to simply test, we have to wait or be pro-active and have patches made for the mods we like to use, like TechBaNe has done so far. Although he is still not quite done with them, we also have Beeing Female coming out with its next version which will natively support C.A.N.S., but he has been delayed on that release since it will also include a module for relationships, which will allow the mod to operate without SexLab.

I'm kinda testing just the MME and SGO patches. It's working. CANS version 0.9.1.0

Observation: There seems to be some "popping" of her breasts as everyone is trying to decide what size they should be. Trying to see if I can see more of a pattern, but I'm wondering if it's trying to adjust WHILE the math is being done. I'm using "highest value wins" setting. Breasts get too big and then drop back to what appears to be the correct size.

Sometimes with an "additional step" like.... too big, too small, ahhhhhh.... just right.....

Not terrible. I just pay a lot of attention to boobs I guess.

Question about MCM: Is it possible to set the max size scales to increment in tenths AND to show the value above the slider? Right now if I slide the max breast slider as far left as possible it says "1". If I use arrow key to increase 1 tick, it says "2". Increase one more tick.... still says "2" (Is this maybe 2.5 but display isn't showing decimals?), one more tick and it shows "3", etc. Also breast range goes up to 12. I think that would make her boobs bigger than her body :) My guess is that a value much smaller than that would be sufficient. You could probably make the range max at 6 and not hurt anyone's feelings. I rarely go above about 2.30 max myself as anything over that begins to distort too much. A large-breasted female at 2.3 is ridiculously large. A small-breasted female at 2.3 is impressive but not too silly.

I realize this is all still in testing and development, but wanted to give it a quick look and thought I'd pass on my observations. Very impressed with progress on this. I'm hoping modders embrace it. :)

mmmm, interesting..  :cool:

I'm definitely waiting something like this for a long time.. I tested some hookmmerse scripts few months ago to run together FillHerUp , Estrus Chaurus Plus, Beeing Female, MilkMod Economy and SL Hormones,  but it worked very badly.. 

without hookmmerse, I had to remove FillHerUp for incompatibility (sadness) and disable NiOverride node to another mod (SL Hormones) because strange things happen..

I will look forward to see how it evolves

Curious, but does this mod work (or is it testable) without the compatibility patches? 

It won't really do anything, but it should (although it may no longer do it) pop up "CANS Framework" in the active effects to show it's working. Other than that though it won't do anything.

The framework doesn't do anything on its own, a patch for an existing mod, or creating a dummy mod, are the only good methods of testing it. When a mod sends its calls to adjust nodes to C.A.N.S. is the only time this framework actually works. Ideally, you would want multiple mods using the framework simultaneously in order to truly test it, doing so at different rates would be even better. But since none so far have wanted to try making a dummy mod to simply test, we have to wait or be pro-active and have patches made for the mods we like to use, like TechBaNe has done so far. Although he is still not quite done with them, we also have Beeing Female coming out with its next version which will natively support C.A.N.S., but he has been delayed on that release since it will also include a module for relationships, which will allow the mod to operate without SexLab.

I'm actually kind of drafting a testing plug in for it with spells to manipulate everything directly, it's just slow work because i keep trying to use it for learning experiences on things i havent done before.

I'm kinda testing just the MME and SGO patches. It's working. CANS version 0.9.1.0

Observation: There seems to be some "popping" of her breasts as everyone is trying to decide what size they should be. Trying to see if I can see more of a pattern, but I'm wondering if it's trying to adjust WHILE the math is being done. I'm using "highest value wins" setting. Breasts get too big and then drop back to what appears to be the correct size.

Sometimes with an "additional step" like.... too big, too small, ahhhhhh.... just right.....

Not terrible. I just pay a lot of attention to boobs I guess.

Question about MCM: Is it possible to set the max size scales to increment in tenths AND to show the value above the slider? Right now if I slide the max breast slider as far left as possible it says "1". If I use arrow key to increase 1 tick, it says "2". Increase one more tick.... still says "2" (Is this maybe 2.5 but display isn't showing decimals?), one more tick and it shows "3", etc. Also breast range goes up to 12. I think that would make her boobs bigger than her body :) My guess is that a value much smaller than that would be sufficient. You could probably make the range max at 6 and not hurt anyone's feelings. I rarely go above about 2.30 max myself as anything over that begins to distort too much. A large-breasted female at 2.3 is ridiculously large. A small-breasted female at 2.3 is impressive but not too silly.

I realize this is all still in testing and development, but wanted to give it a quick look and thought I'd pass on my observations. Very impressed with progress on this. I'm hoping modders embrace it. :)

I have no idea why it isn't showing the proper variables. I can't think of why it wouldn't. I'll look through that later today. I intentionally made the max setting for max kind of ridiculous. 

Furthermore, the jumping in size is also unexpected. it shouldn't apply any size until the very end. Hrm. 

SAw your response... thank you.

Another question because you KNOW people are going to do this...

What happens if you drop CANS (and patches) into an in-progress save?

Let's say I've got a save where my female follower is a Milk Maid (from MME) and also has milk from Soul Gem Oven?

Let's say she's already "inflated" her breasts from her base breast size of 1 so she's now at 1.4.

In that save I have SGO breast scaling turned off and MME scaling turned on. So she's scaled from MME but NOT from SGO (yet).

Now I drop CANS (with SGO patch and MME patch) into that save.

AND I turn on breast scaling in SGO.

Will CANS simply take over scaling or will it think her base breast size is 1.4?

SGO also reads a base breast size at some point when it starts. Would it ALSO think she's 1.4 base size?

There should be a way.... and MAYBE this is up to the individual mod authors to figure out (good luck with that).... to make sure a character's base breast size is always set to her default breast size (usually 1).

Same would hold true with belly scaling and probably butt scaling I suppose, but right now I'm trying to keep things as simple as I can to feel this out so I'm only doing breast scaling and only with 2 mods.

Oh.... and I'm about to try this in a room with 5 followers that will be milk maids and also pregnant from SGO so producing SGO milk as well.

And then I'm going to "light a fuse" and start 4 of them self-milking while I manually milk the last one. This is to see how CANS keeps up with multiple NPCs having node change requests not really simultaneously but in very rapid succession.

Hey.... you want it tested, right?

MUAHAHahahahahahah

SAw your response... thank you.

Another question because you KNOW people are going to do this...

What happens if you drop CANS (and patches) into an in-progress save?

Let's say I've got a save where my female follower is a Milk Maid (from MME) and also has milk from Soul Gem Oven?

Let's say she's already "inflated" her breasts from her base breast size of 1 so she's now at 1.4.

In that save I have SGO breast scaling turned off and MME scaling turned on. So she's scaled from MME but NOT from SGO (yet).

Now I drop CANS (with SGO patch and MME patch) into that save.

AND I turn on breast scaling in SGO.

Will CANS simply take over scaling or will it think her base breast size is 1.4?

SGO also reads a base breast size at some point when it starts. Would it ALSO think she's 1.4 base size?

There should be a way.... and MAYBE this is up to the individual mod authors to figure out (good luck with that).... to make sure a character's base breast size is always set to her default breast size (usually 1).

Same would hold true with belly scaling and probably butt scaling I suppose, but right now I'm trying to keep things as simple as I can to feel this out so I'm only doing breast scaling and only with 2 mods.

Oh.... and I'm about to try this in a room with 5 followers that will be milk maids and also pregnant from SGO so producing SGO milk as well.

And then I'm going to "light a fuse" and start 4 of them self-milking while I manually milk the last one. This is to see how CANS keeps up with multiple NPCs having node change requests not really simultaneously but in very rapid succession.

Hey.... you want it tested, right?

MUAHAHahahahahahah

I highly recommend resetting your node scales before installing CANS. I honestly don't know what will happen, but if they're using NetImmerse and not NiO it'll probably be bad. It'll be bad either way but hey. 

It should keep up with multiple people fairly well, as long as it's initialized properly in the scripts. 

I'm actually finishing just one or two more features for the 1.0 release (both related to uninstalling) but i look forward to the testing results.