The C.A.N.S. (Cooperative Algebraic Node Sizing) Framework

What about ask for help of the modders that make mods that are being handle by CANS to make compatibility patches or native support?

There was another thread about something similar to this with the creator of that mod trying to get the authors of pregnancy mods onboard from the start, it pretty much went nowhere as they were not interested from what was posted on that thread, there again he had nothing not even a alpha version of what he was suggesting so that could have been part of the problem.

Provided I can get the time and can wrap my head around the needed changes, I can see about adapting my Body Scaling Randomizer Spells add-on/rebuild to this. Would that post with Papyrus code examples still be valid for the release version, or would someone else need to update that first for others to follow?

That post still works, if you want to be more direct though use "CANS_Controller" as an armor instead of the magic effect. The new CANS_Apply script has a working check to use.

Now for the bad news: I should have had the fix for that issue Lauralin got me thinkin about, but my computer kinda shit the bed. The screen is completely shot and I don't have a secondary monitor for it. I'm going to try and get it fixed tomorrow (after my home brew surgery proved unsuccessful) so stay tuned, but for the moment progress is halted.

Beeing Female 2.5 was released, and apparently had this as an accidental dependency when it first dropped. Should be optional now, but it does mean we have the first active native support for C.A.N.S. now to test with the patches. Just wonder what version he might have built it against since some people were having issues in his thread, not that the issues were pointing at C.A.N.S. though, just not sure the cause yet. Still its only been a couple hours, so there may be some spontaneous updates on his end for the next day or so as he gets the update bug fixed.

All updates are backwards compatible. Building it on a previous version will not mean it's broken on a later version. I've been very careful to keep it that way. In fact that magic effect is still probably the best way to start anything.

My computers still out of commission (posting this from my phone) but should be up and running again within a few days. Then I'll figure out this issue with CANS that really shouldn't be working but is sometimes apparently. After that I'll try and make patches but I'm 100% certain any bugs after this next update are no longer coming from CANS itself. There's not really much more room for fuckups on the framework side.

<Snip>

My computers still out of commission (posting this from my phone) but should be up and running again within a few days. Then I'll figure out this issue with CANS that really shouldn't be working but is sometimes apparently. After that I'll try and make patches but I'm 100% certain any bugs after this next update are no longer coming from CANS itself. There's not really much more room for fuckups on the framework side.

Snigger, you do know you have pretty much guaranteed something will be wrong with the framework side of things now, after saying something like this. :lol:

I did say that nothing was pointing to C.A.N.S. being the issue with Beeing Female, other than the lack of notification from the author that C.A.N.S. was required for the version he released first. Already had a bugfix pushed, it mainly was a with C.A.N.S./without C.A.N.S. option in the downloads. I was just letting it be known that there were issues earlier on, and since C.A.N.S. was just introduced for the mod, I was a bit worried that it might have created a small flood of new 'beta testers' who would bring up their issues here when Beeing Female was the likely culprit. As it stands, my fear was proven false. but the update still hasn't been out for a day yet. Good to know about the compatibility though, you can count me in with those new beta testers now, although I'll probably be trying it alongside the Milk Mod Economy patch from several pages ago. Hope that is still compatible with MMO's current version.

Oh and well I'm here, if anyone's familiar with MCM code could you help me figure out why this code isn't working?

State ModWeightSlide0

Int zCount
Event OnSliderOpenST()
SetSliderDialogStartValue(CANS.MasterWeightList[zCount])
SetSliderDialogDefaultValue(1.0)
SetSliderDialogRange(0.1, 2.0)
SetSliderDialogInterval(0.1)
EndEvent
Event OnSliderAcceptST(Float weight)
CANS.MasterWeightList[zCount] = weight
SetSliderOptionValueST(CANS.MasterWeightList[zCount])
EndEvent
Event OnDefaultST()
CANS.MasterWeightList[zCount] = 1.0
SetSliderOptionValueST(CANS.MasterWeightList[zCount])
EndEvent
Event OnHighlightST(  <---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- missing  )  "
zCount = 0
SetInfoText("Set the weighting of " + CANS.MasterModlist[zCount])
EndEvent
EndState

It's a state for a specific option, but no matter what i do the compiler returns.

C:\...\CANS\Release\Scripts\Source\CANS_MCM.psc(819,5): missing FUNCTION at 'zCount'

C:\...\CANS\Release\Scripts\Source\CANS_MCM.psc(819,11): mismatched input '\\r\\n' expecting LPAREN

The zCount variable is important here since there are 64 instances of nearly identical options that should dynamically order themselves and point to certain data depending on what mods are working with C.A.N.S. and I really didn't want to write unique code for each of them (especially considering I'm going to have to increase it in the future) so zCount would allow me to effectively copy and paste instead. I get the feeling I'm going to need to write the index out for each of them though.

I know this is late and might have been done, I am re-reading this post from page 1

im in agreement with others doing some compitily patches to make sure its not cans  causing any problems is bbest.

btw dont u disable the node scalling for a mod will cans still get the info from that mod? also next upddate can u have where mcm has llist of mods that cans is working with?

im in agreement with others doing some compitily patches to make sure its not cans  causing any problems is bbest.

btw dont u disable the node scalling for a mod will cans still get the info from that mod? also next upddate can u have where mcm has llist of mods that cans is working with?

Kinda like how SOS lists its plugins?  That'd be nice...

Technically there is one, if you set it to individual weights it should show everything installed. Im trying to get the page for uninstall buttons set up so you can remove them manually in case they didn't uninstall. That page will basically do what you're asking

is there a patch for sl hormones yet?

i dl'ed techbanes patch from page six, but there was nothing in there for hormones

I don't think SL Hormones is on anyone's list yet. The general process for getting a C.A.N.S. patch built goes something like this:

• If the author of the mod wants to write a patch making their mod work with C.A.N.S., they're probably the best qualified to do so.
  • If a fan of the mod wants to write a patch, they're welcome to give it a shot.
  • If no one else wants to work on one, Feliks might write one, if he wants to, and if he's got the time.

Generally one of the first two options is the better option, so I would start by seeing if the mod author of Hormones would be interested in writing a C.A.N.S. patch (or like a few mods, incorporate C.A.N.S. support into his/her mod).

Yes there's a guide. Read the OP. It assumes you have a basic knowledge of papyrus because it was written towards modders.

My computer's still out of commission, it's supposed to be done by close of business tomorrow, and I'll bang out the new version of CANS with a few minor (and one major) fixes and a slightly reworked MCM.

When it comes to patches I realized that mana tanks probably won't work with CANS out of the box. Either the author or myself will probably need to come up with a specialized patch there. Everything else should function as intended.

If you're going to handle all the node scaling through a single output, have you considered the possibility taking that and giving options to instead push it a specific RaceMenu morph? I've not attempted to interface with racemenu myself; but if that were possible, from an aesthetic standpoint, it would produce superior results to direct node scaling. I assume the performance would be worse, however... perhaps not.

Check the patches download file on page 6 (or so) but they may be for older versions of those mods and also may be the source of the current bug that needs fixing.

I updated Realistic Body System remade to UUNP and plan on adding CANS support if anyone is interested..

I'm definitely interested. If you need any help shoot me a PM. My computer should be back online tomorrow.

New update, probably the final beta build. I'm gonna cobble together a few quick patches to test it, if anyone has time to beta test PM me, because I probably won't right away, it could wake a while for me to confirm it's all working.

Edit: HOLY SHIT Beeing Female implemented support and I never even knew. Whoop! I'm gonna make a patch for SGO II sometime later today (if needed) and then see when I can get to testing.

New update, probably the final beta build. I'm gonna cobble together a few quick patches to test it, if anyone has time to beta test PM me, because I probably won't right away, it could wake a while for me to confirm it's all working.

Edit: HOLY SHIT Beeing Female implemented support and I never even knew. Whoop! I'm gonna make a patch for SGO II sometime later today (if needed) and then see when I can get to testing.

tumblr_inline_mpqzfm7iEL1qz4rgp.gif

Since there are a couple mods now that have native support for C.A.N.S. (and I assume more to come), you may want to add a section on the mod page listing the mods that don't need a patch to work with C.A.N.S.