Final Fantasy 7 Remake Confirmed

Darkening Demise

If you were just watching the Sony E3 conference you saw the best part of their show (it was just indie garbage mainly), Final Fantasy 7 remake is happening. It's confirmed to be exclusive to Sony's PS4 first, hinting other platform support in the future. As to any other details, none were given. Just a teaser showing Barret and Cloud along with parts of Midgar. Once information is posted I'll add them to this post.

This is the trailer

It looks pretty faithful to the original, I was worried it was gonna have a shitty art style like Advent Children had.  I guess it makes sense since the original character designer is directing. I just hope it doesn't have a lot of bullshit new features or nods to the horrible recent FFs.

I don't want to hear the word DLC before the game is even released. Actually FF7 should have no DLC, It should come as a FULL fucking game out of the box, like the original was.

The perspective will probably no longer be top down, I don't think this remake will feel at all like the original. If they do any battle system other than what the original had, then they might as well stop remaking the game. The battle system is what made the game great, the story sucked.

You totally know they're going to DLC the crap out of it, from Crisis Core outfits to Advent Children outfits to maybe even a breast slider DLC for Tifa to give fans their ultimate dream, I'm sure there will also be DLC for summons from other games too.

It will be magical... and expensive. I'm sure all told, the game will cost 300 USD.

I thought the style looks very much like AC, but probably better in terms of details and quality?

Outfits DLC is whatever, don't care.

Would want to see some gameplay footage, just town exploring, overworld, and combat.

More interested in what they change than anything else.

I thought the style looks very much like AC, but probably better in terms of details and quality?

Outfits DLC is whatever, don't care.

Would want to see some gameplay footage, just town exploring, overworld, and combat.

More interested in what they change than anything else.

AC was horrible. Why would Cloud give up the Ultima Weapon or even Ragnarok for a sword that splits into many fucking razor blades, why would he wear just half a coat? To me this seemed more like the original with Cloud looking less like a girl and Midgar also looked pretty good. Midgar was unrecognizable in AC.

I'd rather see an FFIX remake tbh. Although Square Enix have been pretty good about not butchering their Final Fantasy games with DLC (there where FFXIII-2 and Lightning returns but in the case of the latter it was purely cosmetic.) also I've not seen anything about DLC on the HD Remaster of X and X-2.

I don't want to hear the word DLC before the game is even released. Actually FF7 should have no DLC, It should come as a FULL fucking game out of the box, like the original was.

The perspective will probably no longer be top down, I don't think this remake will feel at all like the original. If they do any battle system other than what the original had, then they might as well stop remaking the game. The battle system is what made the game great, the story sucked.

It will never replace original and agree about DLC wtf game should be full release like original.

But look at Zelda:Ocarina of Time ported to 3DS, they did a brilliant job and its almost exact game only little improvement here and there but never stood way of feel its any different. Graphics where a lot better then N64 version. Again 10/10

So it's hopefully possible game is same with top notch graphics?

Because this is the beginning of the game as oppose to AC after Cloud discovered his cross dressing preference thanks to that part of the FF7 story. :D

I'd rather have the blue dress version of Cloud than the AC version.

I'd rather see an FFIX remake tbh. Although Square Enix have been pretty good about not butchering their Final Fantasy games with DLC (there where FFXIII-2 and Lightning returns but in the case of the latter it was purely cosmetic.) also I've not seen anything about DLC on the HD Remaster of X and X-2.

FF9 still looks good to this day imo, just make a hd version and put it on Steam and it will be awesome.

It will never replace original and agree about DLC wtf game should be full release like original.

But look at Zelda:Ocarina of Time ported to 3DS, they did a brilliant job and its almost exact game only little improvement here and there but never stood way of feel its any different. Graphics where a lot better then N64 version. Again 10/10

That would be ideal. It would be great to have a choice for japanese voices as well.

It was a nice suprise :)

Definitely it's gonna sell a few PS4s.

Because this is the beginning of the game as oppose to AC after Cloud discovered his cross dressing preference thanks to that part of the FF7 story. :D

I'd rather have the blue dress version of Cloud than the AC version.

FF9 still looks good to this day imo, just make a hd version and put it on Steam and it will be awesome.

That would be ideal. It would be great to have a choice for japanese voices as well.

It was a nice suprise :)

Definitely it's gonna sell a few PS4s.

Played Metalgear solid 1 on playstation in japanese could not understand a word but kind of liked it.

Think also game Tenchu i played in japenese(can't remember)

Gave a kind oriental feeling to it.

Somewhere in my shattered kid soul i was smirking, then...

Let us ruin everyones mood because modern gaming:

let's say in 2018: Pre-order now on PS4, get alternate FF:AC movie outfits for the characters or/and replace cloud with lightning during crossdressing scene (no change in character tbh xD )
Gold Saucer non-storyline arcade machines is now disc-locked/downloadable/get gold saucer credits for £$€[currencyhere]

[scene] was removed/changed because of political correct issues in said country or because gender issues

Battle System will be mix of Lightning Returns and Kingdom Hearts, materia system will be something like talent tree.

..Yes, i have become like some more or less big youtubers but maybe because im from same generation who like "no bullshit pls" :D

Somewhere in my shattered kid soul i was smirking, then...

Let us ruin everyones mood because modern gaming:

let's say in 2018: Pre-order now on PS4, get alternate FF:AC movie outfits for the characters or/and replace cloud with lightning during crossdressing scene (no change in character tbh xD )

Gold Saucer non-storyline arcade machines is now disc-locked/downloadable/get gold saucer credits for £$€[currencyhere]

[scene] was removed/changed because of political correct issues in said country or because gender issues

Battle System will be mix of Lightning Returns and Kingdom Hearts, materia system will be something like talent tree.

..Yes, i have become like some more or less big youtubers but maybe because im from same generation who like "no bullshit pls" :D

I enjoyed Lightning Resturns' battle system.

This game will never be as it was in 1997 NEVER it will be made for today's bullshit generation(sorry i'm that harsh) with flashy action fluff and shiny crap as long it sells.

Mark my words it will not be as original.

P.S I also like nude but some games just don't lend them self for nude they just don't it totally ruined the game for me then.

If it is the exact same game with just updated graphics it will be kind of boring for someone who had went through the game and will definitely feel dated.

The localization will need to be work on for sure also.

Archived