Kingdom Come: Deliverance - E3 2015 Teaser

Vykroft

Promising game, I like their "Dungeons & No Dragons" motto, I like the graphics and world/environment design, but I have a few problems with it. One of them is that there's no 3rd person view. Yes, it's more immersive that way, but I'd like to have the 3rd person view option. Another issue, though not sure if it's still the case but there won't be a playable female character, again, realistic but not fun. Also from what I understand, the game will be sort of "episodic" and that's a bit of an issue for me as well. There's also a graphical downgrade because of consoles. Yes, consoles strike again unfortunately. And they still have a long way to go.

Valid question, but both problem could be easily fixed with a mod (or two), moving the camera in Cryengine couldn't be more simple. 
Here is another video with an early combat in non flat surface (hope they remove the shaking camera).

They said Mount&Blade was an inspiration but I don't think CryEngine is capable of displaying hundreds of NPCs fighting at the same time, so no massive battles as in M&B. I don't know, maybe they were just talking about the mounted combat.

Kingdome Come Deliverance is not a Mount&Blade clone, when it comes to gameplay is more a Skyrim clone actually. But regarding the massive battles, you have MMO using Cryengine, so the game is actually capable of doing so.
Anyway, the game is pretty much the same as skyrim, but with and advance gameplay system, similar to M&B, but with better locational damage function.

Cry engine promotion but showed as console game in WTF? 720p XBOX 360?

Bode not well for PC.

And gog release forget that if it's a console game. Console games almost never go DRM FREE road.

Ok i understand these days releasing only PC would not being succes financially so they need to release on all platforms.

But when its tested and  for now only posible on PC to play alpha it should not beeen shown as console game in low res and with controller.

But idea is nice being a realistic midevil game.

Made by cech company from europe.

Official wiki if you wanne know:http://www.ign.com/wikis/kingdom-come-deliverance/Main%20Page

I first heard about the game about two years ago, while I was still following the Taleworlds forum, which is where I first heard about it. At the time I was looking for a game that combines M&B's combat with Skyrim's exploration in an open-world. This game immediately caught my attention as they claimed to do just that.

rqx8p4d.jpg

Our inspiration

We’re mixing the freedom and mechanics of Skyrim, the setting of Mount and Blade, the storytelling styles of The Witcher and Red Dead Redemption, and the tough combat dynamics of Dark Souls into a single, gorgeous package. You could say we’d like to give ArmA (a franchise many of us worked on) an RPG makeover, streamlining the systems and controls and polishing the overarching world while keeping the unique, genuine feeling of its action and environments. Interested?

https://www.kingdomcomerpg.com/

But regarding the massive battles, you have MMO using Cryengine, so the game is actually capable of doing so.

I don't really expect to see massive battles in it. AFAIK, there's no MMO in which 300 plus NPCs fight against another 300 on the same screen as they do in M&B. CryEngine may not have a hard limit for that but I don't think there's any hardware configuration yet that can handle that kind of thing on CryEngine, and it's also even less likely as the game will support consoles.

.... another "open world rpg" without gender selection.

Great. Super. Wonderful. Fantastic. Just pretend people like me don't exist, game developers.

And if anyone notices I'm harping on about this a lot. Good. I mean to. It pisses me off.

Also don't come at me with realism, there have been female warriors throughout history, yes even in deeply misogynist medieval times.

Being the exception isn't a bad thing. Do we not play videogames as characters who are always the exception?

Hey take it easy, there are females in the game, so it would not be so difficult to implement a mod that allow gender change.. just be patient.

You seem to rely on mods way too much for this game. Why not just admit that the devs of this game are very stubborn in their views? No to female PC, no to 3rd person view etc. Is it a bad thing? It's bad enough for me and that's what I care about.

Well this is a modding community, that's the point, or do you think that Skyrim alone without mods is everything you could possible want for a game?
I'm not saying that you are wrong, but sadly every single game today is released without a lot of feature we would love to see from day 1.

If you expect to wait for the perfect game... today... well... find a chair, sit down and keep waiting.

Hey take it easy, there are females in the game, so it would not be so difficult to implement a mod that allow gender change.. just be patient.

You seem to rely on mods way too much for this game. Why not just admit that the devs of this game are very stubborn in their views? No to female PC, no to 3rd person view etc. Is it a bad thing? It's bad enough for me and that's what I care about.

Games is based more less on historical events, so I would be rather hard to find female knight in that era if im not wrong it is something between  1400~1500.

Anyway game won't be released till 2017 so meh.

.... another "open world rpg" without gender selection.

Great. Super. Wonderful. Fantastic. Just pretend people like me don't exist, game developers.

And if anyone notices I'm harping on about this a lot. Good. I mean to. It pisses me off.

Also don't come at me with realism, there have been female warriors throughout history, yes even in deeply misogynist medieval times.

Being the exception isn't a bad thing. Do we not play videogames as characters who are always the exception?

Do I have Deja vu?

Games is based more less on historical events, so I would be rather hard to find female knight in that era if im not wrong it is something between  1400~1500.

I'm not arguing about that, as I said, it may be realistic, but it also kills the fun for me. What would they lose by adding a playable female character and 3rd person view anyway? Shouldn't be big deal.

I'm not arguing about that, as I said, it may be realistic, but it also kills the fun for me. What would they lose by adding a playable female character and 3rd person view anyway? Shouldn't be big deal.

Maybe it is directed to "realistic" crowd. If you seen totallwar forums you could see how they are fast to get angry lol.

Lead director of Assassin creed unity, says it is great deal. In early stages there was female character av for coop game but they deleted it and he said that making it work would cost to much. And that was ubisoft, and this game is made by unknown studio thanks to kicksarter supporters.

Nothing stops people from playing as a male character or in first person view, all we want is an option.

I do agree with you. But sometimes you can't have eveything. That wont stop me from playing good games. They could be better with it but well...

Archived