21 Reasons to Hug Your Cat

AKM

Guest endgameaddiction

I desperately want a cat again. It's been since 25th of September 2012 since my last cat passed away. Needed a very long time to recover from it, but I'm ready for another feline to crawl their paws into my head when I'm sleeping or meow at me for attention.

Ew Buzzfeed. I don't like cats anyways. 

Ah, yes.  Pay far more attention to where the content came from than the content itself... :dodgy:

(As it so happens, I didn't get it from "Buzzfeed" (whatever that is), but a secondary source.) So NEH! :P

Just who decided you needed a reason, even a specific day, to hug your cat, anyway?!

I don't need any reasons to caress my pussy. But sadly, my current way of living the life, wont allow me getting another one. not yet anyway.

But as soon as my life has much better stable foundation, I will get another. 

I guess a dog could work, but I prefer cats. Cats are more like "I am the boss around here, nuff said, now fuck off" and dogs are more like "yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes MASTER yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes" and I can't coop with a behavior like that. Especially cocker spaniel.

Hug a cat? With the cats i grew up with, that's a real good way to bleed :lol:

But yes, cats are awesome.

Damn. Where did you grow up? In Africa?

Some cats really really don't like it when you hug them. A cat allowing you to get that much in their personal space means they really trust you, or they're just really chill in general. I've been around cats all my life and when you first get a new cat (adult not kitten) you don't really want to try and hug it until it gets used to you but again this can also be tied to their personality. Some cats will never want to be hugged, some will always want to be hugged.

But outside of all of this, cats are amazing animals and great friends. Dogs are great too but cats are better.

I guess a dog could work, but I prefer cats. Cats are more like "I am the boss around here, nuff said, now fuck off" and dogs are more like "yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes MASTER yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes" and I can't coop with a behavior like that. Especially cocker spaniel.

:(

post-701366-0-27709200-1433609566_thumb.jpg

:(

attachicon.gifsad_spaniel.jpg

I still like em. I even work as a animal keeper for abused and mistreated animals. But growing up with a kennel family who breeds such horrible... things. Yeah, silence is golden.

Those puppy eyes will no longer work on me :P

Guest Comrade DR. MAHUJ DIK

dogs are slaves and i don't like slave mentality

dogs will "love" anyone who feed them

cats are independent free spirit

one must work really hard to earn her respect and love

Also theyre smarter and wont start jumping around and making noise always you come back home.

Hug a cat? With the cats i grew up with, that's a real good way to bleed :lol:

But yes, cats are awesome.

Damn. Where did you grow up? In Africa?

Some cats really really don't like it when you hug them. A cat allowing you to get that much in their personal space means they really trust you, or they're just really chill in general. I've been around cats all my life and when you first get a new cat (adult not kitten) you don't really want to try and hug it until it gets used to you but again this can also be tied to their personality. Some cats will never want to be hugged, some will always want to be hugged.

But outside of all of this, cats are amazing animals and great friends. Dogs are great too but cats are better.

I can def concur with this personally i've never "owned" one but grew up with many still live at home with my folks and we have never had less than 2 and more than 3 here. 1 died from old age another cancer we have 3 right now our first loved attention in small amounts held him to long and you're bleeding bad 2nd one absolutely loved being held and would tolerate it a lot when we lost our 2nd cat cause of cancer (first to die) my mom got a new one she hates being held but shes also 28 lbs and is tough to hold so my mom got a 3rd a stray. This one for some reason hates woman and she's well a she also isn't a fan of being held but neither will scratch to get away very docile. Short time later we had to put #1 down he was 19 and barely eating plus was in obvious pain so back to 2 a month later we got a 3rd again. He's picky we can all hold him hug him ect but not for to long he has yet to attack us for it but probably simply because i'm now 34 and no longer think it's fun to annoy em as i did when i was 10.

Also theyre smarter and wont start jumping around and making noise always you come back home.

Gotta disagree with "they're smarter".  Studies indicate that cats are around a 3 year old human's mentally while dogs are around 5 or 6.  Some dogs, of course.  We aren't talking ankle biters here. 

When was the last time you saw a seeing eye cat?

Still, I too prefer the dignified "Hi, you're home" presence of a cat to the slackjawed slobbering of a dog.  I've made sure the dogs no longer meet me at the door, while the cat does.  He knows who's loved around here (even if he does fiddle with the video cable for my monitor.  Damn cat!).  Of course, the dogs aren't mine, either, so...

Gotta disagree with "they're smarter".  Studies indicate that cats are around a 3 year old human's mentally while dogs are around 5 or 6.  Some dogs, of course.  We aren't talking ankle biters here. 

When was the last time you saw a seeing eye cat?

Still, I too prefer the dignified "Hi, you're home" presence of a cat to the slackjawed slobbering of a dog.  I've made sure the dogs no longer meet me at the door, while the cat does.  He knows who's loved around here (even if he does fiddle with the video cable for my monitor.  Damn cat!).  Of course, the dogs aren't mine, either, so...

I've never seen a seeing eye cat that's true but i think thats due to their nature and temperament rather than intelligence - imagine a blind person trying to follow a cat along a garden fence since cats go where they will and have the agility to back that up

From my experience with dogs (had them in the family since i was a child) more intelligent dogs are more troublesome as you have to keep them active otherwise they misbehave so dogs like sheep dogs that farmers still use (i.e working dogs) do not make good pets.

Archived