2 hours ago, Hawk9969 said:

I am not completely sure about your issue from how you described it. Could you post a screenshot of this glitched menu?

Other than that, you can force new types of animations by selecting the option to write an animation name or tag.

A screen shot will look normal. Let's say, for example, I engage in an anal animation with an npc.  And I open the menu to switch which anal animation.  That menu listing all the anal animations is the one I'm talking about.  And now, with a different npc, I engage in an oral act.  I press the hotkey to switch to a specific oral act, and it shows me the options from the list of anal acts, instead of the act I'm currently engaged in.  If I select one of the choices, it doesn't do anything.

I honestly don't know how to explain it more clearly than that.  I can give a screen cap, but it won't show the glitch, it will just look like the menu as normal.

Writing animations will allow me to choose the starting animation, but it doesn't resolve the issue that sometimes I can't change mid scene, which is what my complaint is about.

EDIT:  FYI the menu that occasionally breaks for me is the one in the third picture for this mod.  Mine won't look much different.  The glitch is that sometimes that menu doesn't change when I switch what kind of sex I want to have.  It will show me whatever the previous options were.

5 minutes ago, Aki K said:

A screen shot will look normal. Let's say, for example, I engage in an anal animation with an npc.  And I open the menu to switch which anal animation.  That menu listing all the anal animations is the one I'm talking about.  And now, with a different npc, I engage in an oral act.  I press the hotkey to switch to a specific oral act, and it shows me the options from the list of anal acts, instead of the act I'm currently engaged in.  If I select one of the choices, it doesn't do anything.

I honestly don't know how to explain it more clearly than that.  I can give a screen cap, but it won't show the glitch, it will just look like the menu as normal.

Seems like your SexLab animations are getting properly built by SexLab. This mod simply shows the ones returned by your SexLab thread.

Function AnimationSelector(Actor Target)
	sslThreadController Controller = SexLab.GetActorController(Target)
	UIListMenu ListMenu = UIExtensions.GetMenu("UIListMenu") as UIListMenu
	Int Anims = Controller.Animations.Length
	Int i
	While (i < Anims)
		If (Controller.Animations[i].Name == Controller.Animation.Name)
			ListMenu.AddEntryItem(">>> "+Controller.Animations[i].Name)
		Else
			ListMenu.AddEntryItem(Controller.Animations[i].Name)
		Endif
		i += 1
	EndWhile
	ListMenu.OpenMenu()
	Int Selected = ListMenu.GetResultInt()
	If (Selected != -1)
		Controller.SetAnimation(Selected)
	Endif
EndFunction

As I've said, you can try using the write name/tag functionality. Try "oral,blowjob" for instance, if you want animations with either oral or blowjob tags; This will force the animations array to be rebuilt.

11 minutes ago, Hawk9969 said:

Seems like your SexLab animations are getting properly built by SexLab. This mod simply shows the ones returned by your SexLab thread.

Int i
	While (i < Anims)
		Else
		Endif
		i += 1
	EndWhile
	ListMenu.OpenMenu()
	If (Selected != -1)
	Endif
EndFunction

As I've said, you can try using the write name/tag functionality. Try "oral,blowjob" for instance, if you want animations with either oral or blowjob tags; This will force the animations array to be rebuilt.

I didn't post any logs.  Not sure how you're getting that.

Also, as I have said, my concern isn't starting animations it's switching them.  If I try to switch an animation, the menu sometimes gets stuck on the last set listed and won't work.  The tags can help me START an animation.  They cannot help me CHANGE the animation.

In an effort to clarify, it shows animations I have installed.  I'm not asking it to show animations I don't have.  Let me try another example of the problem.

17 minutes ago, Hawk9969 said:

Seems like

Spoiler

your SexLab animations are getting properly built by SexLab. This mod simply shows the ones returned by your SexLab thread.

Int i
	While (i < Anims)
		Else
		Endif
		i += 1
	EndWhile
	ListMenu.OpenMenu()
	If (Selected != -1)
	Endif
EndFunction

So here's another example.  If I engage in creature sex and I swap around between a few animations, then finish with the creature, the menu might get stuck and show me only creature animations when I engage with a humanoid NPC.  So to break it down into steps.

1.  Character begins creature animation with creature.

2. I press a hotkey (in my case "0") to open a menu and select a new animation scene.

3. I progress through the stages and finish the scene.

4.  I engage with a humanoid NPC, a humanoid animation plays.

5. I press the hotkey to change animatations.  The list shows the creature animations from the previous encounter.

6. I select one of those options, since the humanoid animations aren't present.  It tells me it's starting the scene in the upper left hand corner but nothing happens.

7. I progress the humanoid scene and finish.

8. I engage another humanoid NPC, or even the same creature as before.

9. Same menu when i want to change animations.  In BOTH cases nothing happens if I select a new animation.

Does that clarify my issue a bit better?

I will try to take a screen shot that shows the issue a bit better next time it occurs, if a visual helps.

19 minutes ago, Aki K said:

I didn't post any logs.  Not sure how you're getting that.

Also, as I have said, my concern isn't starting animations it's switching them.  If I try to switch an animation, the menu sometimes gets stuck on the last set listed and won't work.  The tags can help me START an animation.  They cannot help me CHANGE the animation.

In an effort to clarify, it shows animations I have installed.  I'm not asking it to show animations I don't have.  Let me try another example of the problem.

You are the one who is not understanding what I am saying.

SexLab Tools will literally read the animation list from the target's thread. If it's displaying something that is not accurate to the type of scene you are in, it's because the thread's animation list is wrong or you are passing the wrong actor (holding the modifier key), and that actor is in an scene that is currently performing those types of animations.

And again, the write tag/animation name will rebuild the current scene's animation list, not just "start" the animation.

The reason your creature animation will not work is because you are not in a creature scene.

P.S. Why would I need any logs? I gave you a piece of the script's code, the one responsible for displaying the animation list you can change to.

This is what happens you press the hotkey:

If Player.HasKeyWordString("SexLabActive")
				SLController(Player)
			Elseif (Target && Target.HasKeyWordString("SexLabActive"))
				SLController(Target)
			Endif
Function SLController(Actor Target)
	If Input.IsKeyPressed(MCM.ModifierKey)
		Tools(Target)
	Else
		AnimationSelector(Target)
	Endif
EndFunction

If the player is in a SexLab scene and you are not holding the modifier key, it will call the AnimationSelector function from above, which just reads what SexLab gives it.

If the animation list isn't resetting or is showing the wrong animations, it's because something rebuilt the thread's list or the thread didn't initialize/reset properly (unlikely, not sure what mods you are running).

18 minutes ago, Hawk9969 said:

You are the one who is not understanding what I am saying.

SexLab Tools will literally read the animation list from the target's thread. If it's displaying something that is not accurate to the type of scene you are in, it's because the thread's animation list is wrong or you are passing the wrong actor (holding the modifier key), and that actor is in an scene that is currently performing those types of animations.

And again, the write tag/animation name will rebuild the current scene's animation list, not just "start" the animation.

The reason your creature animation will not work is because you are not in a creature scene.

P.S. Why would I need any logs? I gave you a piece of the script's code, the one responsible for displaying the animation list you can change to.

This is what happens you press the hotkey:

If Player.HasKeyWordString("SexLabActive")
				SLController(Player)
			Elseif (Target && Target.HasKeyWordString("SexLabActive"))
				SLController(Target)
			Endif

Function SLController(Actor Target)
	If Input.IsKeyPressed(MCM.ModifierKey)
		Tools(Target)
	Else
		AnimationSelector(Target)
	Endif
EndFunction

If the player is in a SexLab scene and you are not holding the modifier key, it will call the AnimationSelector function from above, which just reads what SexLab gives it.

If the animation list isn't resetting or is showing the wrong animations, it's because something rebuilt the thread's list or the thread didn't initialize/reset properly (unlikely, not sure what mods you are running).

Yes it seems I am the one misunderstanding things.  I'm not sure I understand your terminology specifically.

The creature example above was just an extreme exeggeration of the example.  I don't actually expect it to do anything with a humanoid NPC.  I just wanted to be as clear as possible what kind of problem I was dealing with.

I don't really understand script stuff, so the things you posted don't really make any kind of sense to me.  If you can, please explain in very simplistic terms, how I can get the list to reset when it doesn't do so properly?  Can I type some command in the console?  Do I add a line of text to some ini file?  I don't really know what "write/tag" is.  I assumed it was something to do with the MCM functions I'm not familiar with, regarding the creation of custom scenes.  Clearly that isn't the case.

I know I can be a bit tedious to instruct on this sort of thing.  Sorry about that.

7 minutes ago, Aki K said:

Yes it seems I am the one misunderstanding things.  I'm not sure I understand your terminology specifically.

The creature example above was just an extreme exeggeration of the example.  I don't actually expect it to do anything with a humanoid NPC.  I just wanted to be as clear as possible what kind of problem I was dealing with.

I don't really understand script stuff, so the things you posted don't really make any kind of sense to me.  If you can, please explain in very simplistic terms, how I can get the list to reset when it doesn't do so properly?  Can I type some command in the console?  Do I add a line of text to some ini file?  I don't really know what "write/tag" is.  I assumed it was something to do with the MCM functions I'm not familiar with, regarding the creation of custom scenes.  Clearly that isn't the case.

I know I can be a bit tedious to instruct on this sort of thing.  Sorry about that.

Press the modifier key + the tool key (both configured from this mod's MCM) then click "Write tag or animation name".

I've also explained in short what the codes I've shown do (description is under the code).

12 hours ago, Hawk9969 said:

Press the modifier key + the tool key (both configured from this mod's MCM) then click "Write tag or animation name".

I've also explained in short what the codes I've shown do (description is under the code).

Busy today so my responses may be sporadic.

What I'm saying is I only understand some of the very basic stuff.

I'll give the write/tag thing a try next time I get a chance to play.

I have a new question about this mod.  How do you use it for creatues?  Whenever I try to arrange a scene with creatures it only gives me the bare basic animations, it doesn't give me access to any of the many creature animations I have.  But if I engage the creatures through another mod, like (hentai creatures) I can use all the animations I want.

I even tried selecting animations with specific tags.  But it only lets me use the same base creature animations, never the other ones I have, even when i try to specify a particular author.  Is it a different set of keys or do I have to do something in the MCM?

51 minutes ago, Aki K said:

I have a new question about this mod.  How do you use it for creatues?  Whenever I try to arrange a scene with creatures it only gives me the bare basic animations, it doesn't give me access to any of the many creature animations I have.  But if I engage the creatures through another mod, like (hentai creatures) I can use all the animations I want.

I even tried selecting animations with specific tags.  But it only lets me use the same base creature animations, never the other ones I have, even when i try to specify a particular author.  Is it a different set of keys or do I have to do something in the MCM?

I have quite a bit of trouble with creature anims as well, but I put it down to Tools being a rather old mod and also Sexlab not having been updated much in 3 years to keep up with the many animations added for creatures.  Considering we've had NSAP rise and then be replaced by the SLAL framework and MNC adding additional creature support beyond what SL and Tools had when they came out, it isn't surprising.

1 hour ago, karlpaws said:

I have quite a bit of trouble with creature anims as well, but I put it down to Tools being a rather old mod and also Sexlab not having been updated much in 3 years to keep up with the many animations added for creatures.  Considering we've had NSAP rise and then be replaced by the SLAL framework and MNC adding additional creature support beyond what SL and Tools had when they came out, it isn't surprising.

Makes sense.  Truth be told there just aren't many reliable mods for initiating group creature interactions.  So far Sexlab defeat is the only one that does so reliably, but the MCM is so damn glitchy that it CTDs the game if I click on something the wrong way.  I was hoping sexlab tools might offer a better option.

For 1 on 1 hentai creatures does the job.  It's only getting group events to occur that's a pain in the neck.

21 hours ago, Aki K said:

Makes sense.  Truth be told there just aren't many reliable mods for initiating group creature interactions.  So far Sexlab defeat is the only one that does so reliably, but the MCM is so damn glitchy that it CTDs the game if I click on something the wrong way.  I was hoping sexlab tools might offer a better option.

For 1 on 1 hentai creatures does the job.  It's only getting group events to occur that's a pain in the neck.

The Matchmaker spells also always work for me, and probably because it uses them, the Simple Sexing mod also works. As long as you're a female character at least.

16 hours ago, karlpaws said:

The Matchmaker spells also always work for me, and probably because it uses them, the Simple Sexing mod also works. As long as you're a female character at least.

I tried matchmaker and the same issue happened.  Turns out SLAL just didn't upload the creature animations properly.  I reloaded them and now it works for both matchmaker and SL tools.  I'll stick with tools since it has more options.  Appreciate the help.

On 12/14/2019 at 9:33 PM, Hawk9969 said:

Hi.  So I tried this and it doesn't work.  it changes the list, but selecting an animation from the list still does nothing.  Once the list stops resetting it's like there's nothing I can do.  In the most recent case the following happened:

1. Used a pillory animation with an orc. (List got stuck.)

2. Tried to use a lesbian animation with a female orc.  It started as a doggy style animation.  Pressing the key for the menu and only pillory options showed.

3. Used write tag "lesbian".

4. Lesbian options appeared in menu.

5. Clicking lesbian option did not change the current animation.

Any advice on how I can fix this?  Write tag only fixes half the problem it seems.

1 hour ago, Aki K said:

Hi.  So I tried this and it doesn't work.  it changes the list, but selecting an animation from the list still does nothing.  Once the list stops resetting it's like there's nothing I can do.  In the most recent case the following happened:

1. Used a pillory animation with an orc. (List got stuck.)

2. Tried to use a lesbian animation with a female orc.  It started as a doggy style animation.  Pressing the key for the menu and only pillory options showed.

3. Used write tag "lesbian".

4. Lesbian options appeared in menu.

5. Clicking lesbian option did not change the current animation.

Any advice on how I can fix this?  Write tag only fixes half the problem it seems.

I actually had this problem a few days ago; I was testing other stuff and going between SexLab scenes quickly. I could never replicate it though and it seems like it's a problem with SexLab failing to properly reset its threads after completion.

Could either be a stack dump (enable Papyrus logging and check them after this problem occurs), SexLab itself (some situational glitch, race conditions, etc) or be related to another SexLab mod.

My theory is that the SexLab thread where the player was is not reset or not reset properly after it's completed and then when the player starts a new scene and is assigned a new thread, GetActorController returns the previously completed thread instead of the new one. If the previously completed thread has a lower thread id than the current one, then it will always return that thread on GetActorController.

And the reason "Write tag or name" doesn't work is because the animation list is updated/rebuilt for that completed thread and not for the one you are currently in.

As for why the hotkey for the next animation works just fine, it's because the new thread is also listening to the keys being pressed. It's not dependent on GetActorController.

It's important to note however, as have been said before, that this is not a SexLab Tools issue; It's something else screwing SexLab's threads.

P.S. There is a reset/stop all animations buttom in SexLab's MCM; Try using that before/after starting/ending your animation. This might reset all threads properly.

You can set the End Animation key and use it to try and force stop your "stuck" animation scene:

; EndAnimation
			elseIf i == kEndAnimation
				if Config.BackwardsPressed()
					; End all threads
					Config.ThreadSlots.StopAll()
				else
					; End only current thread
					EndAnimation(true)
				endIf

endIf

6 hours ago, Hawk9969 said:

I actually had this problem a few days ago; I was testing other stuff and going between SexLab scenes quickly. I could never replicate it though and it seems like it's a problem with SexLab failing to properly reset its threads after completion.

Could either be a stack dump (enable Papyrus logging and check them after this problem occurs), SexLab itself (some situational glitch, race conditions, etc) or be related to another SexLab mod.

My theory is that the SexLab thread where the player was is not reset or not reset properly after it's completed and then when the player starts a new scene and is assigned a new thread, GetActorController returns the previously completed thread instead of the new one. If the previously completed thread has a lower thread id than the current one, then it will always return that thread on GetActorController.

And the reason "Write tag or name" doesn't work is because the animation list is updated/rebuilt for that completed thread and not for the one you are currently in.

As for why the hotkey for the next animation works just fine, it's because the new thread is also listening to the keys being pressed. It's not dependent on GetActorController.

It's important to note however, as have been said before, that this is not a SexLab Tools issue; It's something else screwing SexLab's threads.

P.S. There is a reset/stop all animations buttom in SexLab's MCM; Try using that before/after starting/ending your animation. This might reset all threads properly.

You can set the End Animation key and use it to try and force stop your "stuck" animation scene:

; EndAnimation
			elseIf i == kEndAnimation
				if Config.BackwardsPressed()
					; End all threads
					Config.ThreadSlots.StopAll()
				else
					; End only current thread
					EndAnimation(true)
				endIf

endIf

I'd say I understand the explanation about 75% lol.  I'll give it a shot and hope it works.

• 2 weeks later...

I can't seem to get the Matchmaker Queue to work properly for animations involving more than 2 characters. 1p and 2p animations work just fine.

This is how I am doing it:

• I set the first target
  • say that the scene will have 3 actors
  • it brings up the animations involving that actor type that have 3 characters
  • I select the animation I want
  • I set the second target
  • say the scene will have 3 actors
  • it brings up the same list as before
  • I select the same animation
  • I set player as the receiver
  • I select 'Begin'

Then, instead of doing the desired animation, it does two different animations compatible with the actor type, chosen at random. One animation for the first actor, then one animation for the second actor. It does not put both actors into a single, 3p animation.

What am I doing wrong?

• 1 month later...
On 12/30/2019 at 2:23 AM, CanoLathra said:

I can't seem to get the Matchmaker Queue to work properly for animations involving more than 2 characters. 1p and 2p animations work just fine.

This is how I am doing it:

• I set the first target
  • say that the scene will have 3 actors
  • it brings up the animations involving that actor type that have 3 characters
  • I select the animation I want
  • I set the second target
  • say the scene will have 3 actors
  • it brings up the same list as before
  • I select the same animation
  • I set player as the receiver
  • I select 'Begin'

Then, instead of doing the desired animation, it does two different animations compatible with the actor type, chosen at random. One animation for the first actor, then one animation for the second actor. It does not put both actors into a single, 3p animation.

What am I doing wrong?

a lot of Post befor you one say take the Female as Reciever than give the first Actor the Animation you like and the athoer Actor "No Animation" try it :)

On 2/10/2020 at 8:25 AM, koz0r said:

a lot of Post befor you one say take the Female as Reciever than give the first Actor the Animation you like and the athoer Actor "No Animation" try it :)

Still didn't work. Set the player (female) as the receiver, set the first male to a 3p animation, set the second male to no animation. Still only played a random 2p animation with the first male and no animation with the second male.

I have the SE version of SL Tools.  Now is this mod supposed to enable you to add different tags to animations?  In my case, I want to tag certain animations which are tagged as straight  for Lesbians as well.  When I try to do that, however, it simply switches to an unrelated lesbian animation.  Am I doing something wrong?

21 minutes ago, rodrigo2 said:

I have the SE version of SL Tools.  Now is this mod supposed to enable you to add different tags to animations?  In my case, I want to tag certain animations which are tagged as straight  for Lesbians as well.  When I try to do that, however, it simply switches to an unrelated lesbian animation.  Am I doing something wrong?

Tools doesn't let you change the tag on the animation, but pick another animation based on the tag you put in.

Check out the SLATE mod for changing the animation tags themselves, though I'm not sure if it has an SE version.

37 minutes ago, karlpaws said:

Tools doesn't let you change the tag on the animation, but pick another animation based on the tag you put in.

Check out the SLATE mod for changing the animation tags themselves, though I'm not sure if it has an SE version.

Sadly, there isn't an SE version of SLATE.  And I tried using SLATE in SE but it just doesn't work.  Oh well...

• 3 weeks later...

Hi, guys. I need your help. when I cycle through animations the stage of animation remains the same. For example: if I am on stage 3 and  I decided to switch to the next animation it'll stay on stage 3. Is there any way to set up the setting that each new animation will start from stage 1? BTW I know of an option to choose the stage in Sexlab Tools but I want to do it automatically without pressing hotkey "change animation stage".  I would appreciate any help.

If you use Create Animation, is it possible to export it so that the custom animation could be used in a mod?

I'm trying to figure out a way to use 3jou's breastfeeding animations, but shorten them to only run the first stage. And I still want to keep the original ones.

Thanks