I was suspecting something like this... If I'm the only one with this problem...

I'll download it again, but the only link to MCS I have is from this website (loverlab), I'll retry to download it from here.

Thanks Movomo ;)

No change... :'(  (if someone have an other idea...)

If I remember I had same issue with "share and recruit", thats why I picked up MCS...

Hambam9871, I'm also experiencing the "Install Blockhead" error with Geneforge. The problem is I have no idea how to change texture paths in the Construction Set (or I'm too scared to edit it for fear of destroying my current installation  :) )

I have the latest Blockhead, a non-MBP Hiyoko Generator and OCOv2. My load order's fine.

In my save, after the PC gives birth, the child's fine. No gray faces. After reloading the save, and as Hambam mentioned, after Geneforge's initialization, their faces turn gray immediately.

The father's an Imperial, and the mother's a Dark Elf.

I also experienced the "I have no greeting" bug, and I made all the Hiyoko races playable to fix it. Thanks, fejeena!

Bottomline is, is it a bug of OCOv2, of Geneforge, or of our specific Oblivion setup? After years of reinstalling this game I finally have a crash-free installation, and Geneforge's really awesome, but those gray "Install Blockhead"-faced Hiyokos... :(

I am experiencing the blockhead bluehead and install blockhead  on the face error as well. I have ocov2 as well as cw overhaul. I had thought the cw races were at fault now I'm not sure after reading the posts pointing at ocov2. For me the beast races are born without the bug which has me baffled. I am running blockhead 10.3 as well as the other requirements. I don't usually post about bugs, I usually just read and work it out. So you know this one is a head scratcher. I will try testing by mod elimination and see if I can find the offending mod. If I find it I will post it. Unfortunately testing takes a bit of time. I'll keep checking to see if someone else has found a fix. I like this mod, so I don't want to give up on it.

I made an edit to my statement above. the head is not grey but blue and to me this indicates that somehow it's not getting the meshes and or textures required. If I am not correct please let me know.

When I use the bat file it says the system can't find path specified. How do I get around this?

Go ahead and use the WINXP versions to install. It is basically a manual install of the files that are linked by the bat file.  It will be a bit bigger on the hard drive but you may not even notice it.

Mem

• 2 weeks later...

I was suspecting something like this... If I'm the only one with this problem...

I'll download it again, but the only link to MCS I have is from this website (loverlab), I'll retry to download it from here.

Thanks Movomo ;)

No change... :'(  (if someone have an other idea...)

If I remember I had same issue with "share and recruit", thats why I picked up MCS...

I'm not using HiyokoGeneratorGeneForge, mostly due to the Blockhead requirement but figured I'd chime in on your MCS issue.

I had something very similar if not exactly identical that you are reporting with MCS followers and names not showing up, with CTDs if I try to recall them. The only solution I found was to disable MCS, create a clean save and then reinstall it, keeping the default settings for MCS. I never bothered with testing those MCS settings any further as I typically don't use or rely on them.

The other issue I noticed is having to many 'follower' scripts trying to control an NPC, but especially Hiyokos. Case in point, and maybe the worst are those automatically born as slaves from a slave parent (will have slave commands and scripts enabled). Best not to use core MCS or MCS extension commands on these at all.

• 1 month later...

For anyone else who stumbles onto this problem and can't figure out how to fix it, I might have an idea.

There were issues some people, myself included, were having with this mod and Oblivion Character Overhaul giving children a gray face with the words "Install Blockhead" scribbled on them, despite blockhead being installed.  On a random whimsy, I decided to sort through my textures to find the one that was used for that face error.  It was in the Textures/Characters/Imperial folder, just labelled "headhuman.dds".  So I moved it out of the folder so it couldn't be found by the mods trying to use it.  Tried my game again, children faces were suddenly normal looking.  So I guess give that a shot sometime if you have the Install Blockhead problem.

Not sure how permanent of a fix this is, or if it will slowly destroy my game or what, but for the time being it seems to have solved an irritating nuisance.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...

???????????????????????

Thought GeneForge handles the appearance of the children, and if you load Hiyoko Genetics or Hiyoko Future Dream after GeneForge they handle the states/values of the child.

Even if you use only the Hiyoko Generator you get children with states and values , and Mods like Hiyoko Genetics or Hiyoko Future Dream can change/modify the states and values.

???????????????????????

But I also never used Hiyoko Genetics or Hiyoko Future Dream.

From the HiyokoGenetics page:

Hiyoko Genetics does two things:
- When a Hiyoko (child) is born, HiyokoGenetics reads the ActorValues of its parents and assigns random ActorValues to the child based on the parent's values.
- Adds a spell to the player allowing you to see a child's age, parents and genetic values.
NOTE: Hiyoko Genetics modifies many of the same child ActorValues as Hiyoko Future Dream. I recommend using one or the other, not both.

Just to be clear. I meant, GeneForge handles both. Cosmetics (race, appearance) and stats (abilities, attributes, skills, such things)

Hiyoko FutureDream IS usable together with GeneForge. Because HFD only handles 'class' stats, not 'racial' stats, and GeneForge doesn't tamper with class stats and level.

So, yes, I guess HFD and HG are exclusive to each other and you are right about that. But what Minaemm asked about was compatibility between HGGF and HG, not HFD and HG. That's why I thought you made a typo. This is HGGF thread, if you haven't noticed.

To answer the original question btw. I'm not entirely certain. But it sounds like they are not compatible. I recommend against using both of them at the same time.

<p>

File Name: HiyokoGeneratorGeneForge

File Submitter: movomo</p>

File Submitted: 12 May 2015

File Category: OtherRequires: OBSE v21, Blockhead v8.1, TamagoClub & HiyokoClub, HiyokoGenerator

HiyokoGeneratorGeneForge v1.00b

gpx9ichav8i79fe6g.jpg

A family shot. PC's second daughter, second daughter's first daughter (so PC's first granddaughter), PC's 4th daughter.

Don't ask why there are only girls... It's sheer coincidence.

HiyokoGenerator GeneForge is an extension of the well-known HiyokoClub core plugin, HiyokoGenerator, which is responsible for generating child-NPCs for our pregnancy framework, TamagoClub. The primary aim of this plugin is to improve HiyokoGenerator by utilizing Blockhead functions, and at the same time, removing the (possibly) annoying dependency to the Modular Beautiful People 2ch Edition aka MBP.

However, this plugin is intended to be used as an add-on, rather than a replacement. It is strongly recommended to read this page and the included manual text file very carefully prior to installation, even if you are already a seasoned mod maker and/or mod user. Plus, it is important to understand the difference between this plugin and the orignal HiyokoGenerator.

< Features >

* So Many Faces *

There are over one hundred of pre-made NPC faces in this plugin, and several racial assets (meshes, textures) are provided together. They dynamically produce various different half-blooded faces - for example, an Orc-Nord couple may produce a human child with green skin, or an Orc child with human skin.

There certainly is a limatation to this implementation, as I cannot include every custom race's assets, but still this will be a fresh change to your game.

* Proper Proportion *

Furthermore, those in-game children will grow up over time.

Each racial assets include four variants of head assets - x125, x117, x110, x100. Younger children will have a bigger and younger-looking head, while elder children have a relatively smaller and mature-looking head.

* Batteries Included *

Technically, this mod is only mastered to the Oblivion.esm, meaning that you no longer need to have MBP and x117 races loaded just to run HiyokoGenerator. The exact requirements will be listed below.

* No Missing Head *

There has been a small problem in the way that the original HiyokoGenerator handles the born children NPCs. If you significantly change your load order (such as re-ordering master plugins), some of the hiyos' head were entirely gone.

This issue is no more with this mod... you will not notice it. This mod does not "fix" the issue, though. It is not a good idea to change your master load order during the same playthrough in the first place.

< Requirements >

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Oblivion

Oblivion Script Extender v21

TamagoClub v1.15c and HiyokoClub v1.10a

The original HiyokoGenerator (HiyokoClub bundle)

Blockhead v8.1 or higher

* v10.2 may cause CTD problem. If that happens to you, first report it to ShadeMe here (http://forums.bethsoft.com/topic/1489385-rel-blockhead/) and use v9.2 instead.

Read the attached manual text file to install this mod correctly.

YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED. Seriously, it will CTD. I generally prefer making forum posts and don't bother attaching a readme.

< Technical Background >

* There is a small bug in the main HiyokoClub.esm. Apparently this bug has been there forever because there wasn't many attempts to make and use multiple generators at the same time. I attached a patch to fix this issue. If you have any other generator-type plugin other than this - such as HiyokoGeneratorCreature or HiyokoGeneratorBroodMother, you must install this plugin as well, or modify the HiyokoClub.esm yourself.

* The original HiyokoGenerator is supposed to be "fail-safe". Various situation could happen during your game session, and your partner may be or may not be a human. But, no matter what the combination was like, the original HiyokoGenerator WILL fetch a valid child NPC. This is guaranteed.

* Unlike that, the only concern of HiyokoGeneratorGeneForge is to handle humanoid-humanoid matings. If a creature is ever involved, this mod will simply ignore it. In this case, TamagoClub fails to get a child to deliver while expecting one, the consequence will be a miscarriage at best, unpredictable behavior sometimes, CTD at worst. This is one of the reasons why this mod requires the original HiyokoGenerator.

* On top of that, this mod uses some of the functions in the original HiyokoGenerator. You need it anyway.

* The main reason to this is because I was too lazy to write a new random name generator.

* Assuming that this mod does not use any function from the orignal HiyokoGenerator; It is possible to remove the original HiyokoGenerator if you have this mod AND HiyokoGeneratorBroodMother.

< Gameplay Informations >

* By default, it takes 100 in-game days for the children to become fully grown up. This lengh is configurable.

* At the moment a child is born, their height starts from 0.60. The maximum height of the child is equal to the average height of their parents.

* For example, The maximum possible height of the child between a 1.00 / 0.90 couple will be 0.95, whatever their race or their parents' races were, and it will take 100 in-game days to reach 0.95 from 0.60.

* Head scale thresholds (default values):

* 0.60 <= height < 0.71 children will have a x125 version head. <SCALE_START=0.60>

* 0.71 <= height < 0.81 children will have a x117 version head. <SCALE_117_THRESHOLD=0.70>

* 0.81 <= height < 0.91 children will have a x110 version head. <SCALE_110_THRESHOLD=0.80>

* 0.91 <= height children will have a x100 head. This is identical to the default vanilla races' head scale. <SCALE_100_THRESHOLD=0.90>

* Note the 0.01 offset in each variable.

* Head scale threshold values can be changed by setting these values in game:

hggfMain.SCALE_START
hggfMain.SCALE_117_THRESHOLD
hggfMain.SCALE_110_THRESHOLD
hggfMain.SCALE_100_THRESHOLD
* There are 22 pre-made races in the plugin. These are different from the actual race record.

* When a certain combination (half-blood) is not found in those presets, a new race is "created" by mixing up two existing race informations. This remains in the save game.

* When a new race is created, the mod chooses the meshes and textures from parents. For the texture, the father's will likely be chosen. For the meshes, the mother's will likely be chosen. The mod attempts to combine them in a credible way, so something like an "abomination" will not likely happen. (If that ever happens you should report it to me)

* Each race entry in this mod holds its own gene information as well. Those of the preset races are relatively "pure", but if the children grow up in the future and produce their own children, such custom races' gene can be quite unpredictable.

CREDITS

2ch Japanese Modders, for Lovers with PK / TamagoClub / HiyokoClub and the original HiyokoGenerator.esp, Modular Beautiful People 2ch Edition

Lovers Lab Modders, for Lovers Animated Penis Framework

8k, for 8k sims hair: *webpage closed*

Capucine, for Aquamer race: http://www.nexusmods.com/oblivion/mods/16366

Flonne, for custom races' eyes

Junkacc, for Seamless Head auxiliary files and templates: http://www.nexusmods.com/oblivion/mods/44360

Kuma Kuma Kokuma, for KKK hairs and Lop-ears Elf race

Lacon and SleepyD, for Evy race for Oblivion

Nequam, for sotck races' eyes

QTA, for QTA09 hair

Renzeeken, for Resident Evil Leon Hair: http://www.nexusmods.com/oblivion/mods/10236

Robert, for Dunadan hair: http://www.nexusmods.com/oblivion/mods/8744

ShadeMe, for Blockhead OBSE plugin: http://www.nexusmods.com/oblivion/mods/43752

Spike4072, for Ice Elf race: http://www.nexusmods.com/oblivion/mods/16988

VanillaBeans, for Khajiit-ish eyes

Ziitch, for High-resolution Ren hair 01 texture

Dalkill, for Silke Lop-ears Elf character save file

Varenne, for an Evy-Fenbo character save file

WineVictor, for Solania, Sylvania Evy character save file

Yuravica, for Len, Tieria and 1 other Lop-ears Elf character save file

download.png

Click here to download this file

• 3 weeks later...

I've pretty much instantly hit a hiccup with installing the mod.  Less the installation part, that was straightforward enough.  More the .bat file part.  When I run it, it displays line after line telling me it can't find the specified path.  Would running a steam install of Oblivion throw it off?  I tried drag and drop as well as mod manager installation, same result.  Running Windows 8, if that helps, but instructions indicated XP was the only system known to have issues with the file.

I understand simple copy pasting of correct assets to correct folders can get me around this, so I'll go with that since disk space isn't too much of a problem for me, but I just figured I'd put that information out there in it's some kind of problematic error or someone else had the problem and found a way around it.  If my information's lacking, hopefully I can dredge up whatever else is needed from the depths of my hard drive.

Hi Movomo

I recently tried to install  Gene Forge and encountered exactly the same problem as above. I'm stuck with Windows 8 also. I had a look through the thread and could find no solution (it could be I've overlooked one that has been provided - if so, I apologize).

Dumb idea from me: is it possible that it is an issue with the path? My install is as follows: "C:\Bethesda Softworks\Oblivion"   

Ideas anyone?

Cheers

Robin

Hey  movomo Gaebrial,

Gaebrial's suggestion seems to have worked.  It was a little moment of pure nostalgia for me using the command prompt (admin).

Felt a bit like the old days when everything was in DOS.   *grin*

I've not run the game yet but the window showed links being made (I think). Will let you know how it turns out.

My thanks and respect to you both.

Rags

In addition to the above:  Success! My toon "tripped" Modryn Oreyn and managed to land under him. The result was a bonny bouncing half dunmer. I hope the pic comes out......

post-3602-0-74179100-1457547445_thumb.jpg

• 2 months later...

I've ran into a bug that no matter what i do nothing can fix it, the files for the mod HiyokoGeneratorGeneForge_v100a.7z.001 and HiyokoGeneratorGeneForge_v100a.7z.002 give me an error with 7 zip and so i can't extract the files to install pls post an .zip file or tell me if I have to get a certain version of 7 zip i'm try to get mods like this so oblivion has more realistic features.

I've ran into a bug that no matter what i do nothing can fix it, the files for the mod HiyokoGeneratorGeneForge_v100a.7z.001 and HiyokoGeneratorGeneForge_v100a.7z.002 give me an error with 7 zip and so i can't extract the files to install pls post an .zip file or tell me if I have to get a certain version of 7 zip i'm try to get mods like this so oblivion has more realistic features.

It's a multi-part archive. Put both in a folder and do a right-click/extract on the 001 file.