Slaver's life - Slavery framework - Final beta for v1.0 -

There is not sex in the mod for now so, moderators, move it if you want. I posted here because this mod will have add-ons, with sexout sex, and I did think it's better to have all support thread in only one place.

Slaver's Life (Beta 0.9.2)
Requirements :
  • Fallout New Vegas (FalloutNV.esm)
  • NVSE 4.5 (minimum)
  • NVSE Extender (last version)
Installation :

• Verify you have NVSE and NVSE Extender installed
  • Download and install 'slavery-datas.7z'
  • Download and install 'slavery-v-......7z'
  • Load order must be 'SLVbuildings.esm', 'SLVnpcs.esm',slavery.esm
  • If needed add slaverysandbox.esp'

Features :
This mod is designed to enable easy management of slaves in other mods that will be built as add-on.
It permits to reduces to slavery any persistent and non respawning NPC (usually named characters) and to give orders to them (see below).
It also supports a system of beacons, permitting the player to 'attach' slaves to them (see below).

Enslavement :
To enslave a NPC you must press the activate key ('E') while pressing the left shift key. A menu will appear with the enslaving option if :
  • The NPC is sleeping
  • or the NPC is unconscious
  • or the NPC has been knocked down due to low fatigue (yes, it's surprising to read this)
No drugging system is integrated but the mod support most of the known mod permitting to make a NPC inconscious (else there is console command 'Setunconscious 1' for now).

Beacons :
To define an object as beacon, it must be persistent. Press the activate key ('E') while pressing the left shift key. A menu will appear with permitting to define the range of the beacon (if nothing appears, the object is not persistent).

Generaly you can use any door and some chairs and container. For example in Goodsprings Saloon the exit doors, the chair where the anonymous sits and the bench where Easy Pete sits are ok to be beacons.

Note that beacons are pre-installed in the command center. You won't see them in your portable terminal but can use them.

Gameplay :

First you enslave a NPC  (else don't play the mod :P). You'll have very few options (accessible by 'left shif' + activate or by dialog). Break it to have more. 
The breaking process take a few hours (he, game hours ...) and after that you'll have more options.  

Any enslaved NPC can at least :
  • Stay at a beacon (so don't move)
  • Wait near a beacon (wander in the range of the beacon)
  • Follow the player
  • Have free move (no package or beacon is active so he can do its normal tasks)
  • Be released (its mind is cleaned before, it won't attack you on sight! ) 
Training :
Some NPC can be trained for different uses, depending on their capacities. Every broken slave will present in its dialog the trainings it can do, with at least the combat training (there is no special capacities to begin a warrior carrier (yes I love to make friends)).
Later, depending which training it have done (or its natural capacities) it will be able to do more trainings and jobs (see documentation)

Working :
Same, a slave can be assigned a job if it have the needs for this work. Each work produce resources that will be (or not) used in add-ons (see documentation). Note you can ever see the stocks in the portable terminal if you are in sandbox mode.

Slavers bunker :
The mod will have a nice and big bunker (many thanks to Raider Queen) where you'll be able to do a lot of task in many different rooms. For now you can only visit a part of the bunker to see how it will be but all actions can be done in any room of the wasteland, including the spaces from Fallout 3 if you have TTW installed.

Scavenging :
In the bunker is a special container permitting you to transform armors and weapons you don't need in basic material. The transformation is done one time per day.

Items : a startup of sandbox mode 1 portable terminal is given to the player and can :
  • teleports you to the bunker
  • show the beacons you've added, the slaves attached to each and to teleport to the beacon (if McM option is on)
  • Show the slaves you have and teleport to them (if McM option is on)
The item is armor. You use one by equiping it.

Dialogs : (ha, the famous dialogs .....)
I have only have top level topics and no general GREETINGS so I may not break to much mods.
BUT, because of that, other mods can break me by not if having  a specific GREETINGS with a fixed choice of topics, forbidding mine to show. In this case you can try to advance in dialog and returning to the main level to see. Sometimes works else use the magic key:

By pressing the 'D' key while cibling a NPC you engage the conversation on a specific topic showind all top level topics, so you may see the slve topics. Note that the 'D' key can be changed by MCM.

What I did forget : surely a lot, I'll add later

The mod 'slavery.esm' don't have any interface and is just the framework. Add-ons will give player the tools needed.

'slaverysandbox.esp' give you the portable terminal, the perk permitting to manage NPCs and the topics permitting to speak with slaves. Don't use it if you use another add-on based on the framework.

Good play :)

I only use Vanilla resources to limit conflicts.

Note: documentation is not ready but for who would look at the mod, all functions prefixed with 'SLV00' are done to be used by add-ons to manipulate datas and if some are missing I can add others if necessary.
I'll surely add some when dev my quest mod cause I'll use in it these functions and won't directly manipulate datas.

New in version 0.9.4 :

• Scavenging
  • Job system (limited number of jobs)

Will be in next delivery : (only already finished things)

• no more than debugging

Working on for next delivery :

• No more in v1

Want to do later (v2 or more) :

• Production of items
  • Production of new slaves by reproduction or clonage
  • Completing the jobs list

Future features : (more complex and longer to do)

• Production of new slaves by reproduction or clonage
  • Slave market
  • Integrating some animals for farming and foetus support
  • Integrating some animal for combat training
  • Having warrior and doctor slaves coming with player and help in combat
  • Having spies coming in combat and be ordered to do some operations while stealthing
  • Order a slave group to attack and kill everybody in an area
  • Conquer the world

Deported in my quest mod :

• Portable bedroll system to catch NPCs while sleeping   :P
  • Mysterious story

It is so exciting to see someone working on a slavery mod for Skyrim again!  Between Paradise Halls with so much potential, that now I just don't seem to be able to get to work, and S3 which hasn't gone forward--in my opinion with the greatness of the devious devices and Zaz this is the area that is needed the most.  I am going to try it out and look forward to seeing what this mod can become.  Thanks for working on a slavery system. 

Uh Oh, its for Fallout, so I'll fire up fallout.  thanks again.

As getting a big help on task I'm bad with is an enormeous pleasure and relief I'll have more time to concentrate on code and documentation.

Here the begining of the documentation that will be delivered since the next version and will be constantly updated.

Note for the 3 first loaders, the attachement have been complemented with slave leveling and training

slaverslife.pdf

Did test v-0-9-1 and its two plugins.

Both plugins work without problems.

The main mod works so far.

Enslaved 3 named npcs (a male from a mod, trudy and sunny) after stunning them with the sneak + shift e method.

However the first two npcs (male and trudy[+the whole Saloon]) went aggresive right after waking up / enslavement.

The console command: stopcombat did helpto solve this. After that breaking them,the shift e menu commands and starting a training worked.

Sunny Smiles didn´t go aggresive but she was allied to player/affected by a companion mod (tryouts Sunny companion mod, Sunny was sent back to the Saloon before enslavement / not an active companion ).

Training is not yet finished and it seems i can only train one npc per job at a time? (1.male had muliple options took sale, 2.Sunny too but without sale and took whore,3. trudy only had gladiator training) or are they limited too those jobs?

I don't manage anything concerning agression, I forgot to do that cause I did nothing myself to prepare theenslavement. I'll manage that, lol. 

Are they agressive because of combat or because of faction?

I'll quickly manage the agressivity due to combat but I must think much for the factions thing cause I was trying to not be invasive and didn't do a 'removeall factions' at enslavement. I no other solution I'll do that but int this case I won't be able to restore the initial state of factions if you release the slave.

There are no limits on the number of slaves by training. It's only that they (here Sunny) have to low attributs to do otherthing tha training combat. As working on this subject I did realize that most of NV NPC's are very bad done (speaking roleplay). Most of traders in game have low trade and speech attributs, the charisma of the NPCs are a desaster (Sunny have 3), and so on. It seems Fallout3 NPCs are better.

To resolve this I'll do 2 things, populating the game with usable NPCs (next version I've populated GoodSprings) and adding low stats training or drugs permitting player to up slave's attributes to a minimum for them to be used in normal training. 

Have advanced on the code (see the 3rd post) but had bad new today on an other side. But I'll deliver next version in less than 24h.

On the good news side, I did a test with 30 slaves in the Crimson Company (so 30 slaves + the normal NPCs) and had no problems.

Tested again and the npcs are aggresive because of combat and stay aggresive after being enslaved. They try to equip a "weapon"(their fist) but "holster" before they can attack and then repeat until i use the stopcombat console command.

I sneaked up on them and used a tranquilizer on them to make them unconscious ( ability by the Stun mod if i remember correcly) that is seen as an attack by the victim. Using another method to make them unconscious (console command: setunconscious 1) doesn´t cause aggresiveness even after enslavement.

The enslavement itself is not seen as an attack or crime.

Yes there is no crime managed by the mod. The idea is to have make the core as less as possible intrusive on gameplay, and to let this job for the mods using it because wanting to do too much in one unique mod was the biggest problem I had, resulting in never finished mods.

On the same way I did had a bedroll but I'll let it back, not the job of the chore to do that. 

My next delivery is delayed due to some events like having difficulties to re-integrate the old bunker, deciding to replace most of arrays with NX vars, correcting some bugs i did'nt have seen and finalising the training/working system (and a little due to Giro de Italie :P ).

Here is a corrected doc concerning the training / working system to have returns of the hole there can be in the progressivity. Training system must permits, with more or less duration depending of the initial stats, any NPC to finally acces any work.

My objective is to have a chore that permits to develop on it quests/sandbox mods (like SS3) with tools in the pocket mermitting to concentrate on the gameplay.

slaverslife.pdf

Version beta 0.9.2 delivered.

YOU MUST START A FRESH GAME, without anything from the v0.9.1.

Note that for now the obedience increase faster than in normal version (2 training cycles gives a level).

edit : first bug found : we can't come back from the bunker :P

type 'coc goodsprings' at console or use the portable terminal to teleport to a beacon if you have one setted

Version beta 0.9.3 delivered (no need to reload datas)

Debug :

• You don't move when looking at a slave detail in portable terminal
  • You can move to wasteland markers when in the command center (headquarter only)
  • The obedience can grow more than the last rank possible for slaves
  • Training for survival now really upgrades 'barter'

Features :

• Last train finished is now memorized
  • Slaves elements in list and slave detail are easily customisable by modders

version 0.9.4 delivered

This is the last version before the v1. No more will be in v1 but debugging and more modders documentation.

This version, in sandbox mod, may be completly functional from enslaving to slaves working.

Quest/gameplay mod is launched in brainstorm mod :P

• 2 weeks later...

Little thing i noticed in slavery-datas the SLVbuidings.esm. Version 0-9-4 refers to this file as Master with this exact spelling.  Previous

Version ( 0-9-1) instead refers to             SLVbuilding.esm.

Don´t know if it might cause problems.(probably not)  I will test the new Version later.

edit: Working good so far.  Sometimes slaves don´t want to move freely (so far happened only outdoors) ,says no beacon nearby, but can actually wait near the same beacon.

Inside the Command Center there are several hostile Robots spawning besides the friendly gun towers.

(might be increased wasteland spawns interfering)

I did need to change the initial master file containing the bunker and replace it with the SS3 one and I had a very hard time to do that but I think it's ok in v1.0, I'll verify as soon as possible.

IWS cause a lot of problems when you try to do mods managing NPCs and you may at least deactivate interior spawns. 

Little thing i noticed in slavery-datas the SLVbuidings.esm. Version 0-9-4 refers to this file as Master with this exact spelling.  Previous

Version ( 0-9-1) instead refers to             SLVbuilding.esm.

Don´t know if it might cause problems.(probably not)  I will test the new Version later.

You are right, the new file needed as master is 'SLVbuidings.esm' 

I uploaded new datas. 

• 7 months later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 4 years later...

It works fine, I have just one problem with beacon distance, when I try to use option move freely for slaves, I get always the same message: you are too far from the nearest beacon, even if I am in contact with the beacon, so how does it work?