Prepacked HDT-SM - HDT Skinned Mesh Physics with Modding Guide

@Elessar Sindanárië

As far as I can tell, SMP (skinned mesh physics) is HDT's eventual replacement for the PE (physics extension).

Mechanically, SMP uses 'Bullet' for physics IIRC.  PE uses the older 'Havok' system.  They both use a .DLL file and .XML files.

Once HDT works out all the issues, it should work better than PE (or has the potential to).

For now, PE is more stable to use (and more widely accepted).  SMP is still unfinished and can be buggy.

Works for me though, so I'm pretty happy with it.

Read up on this link for important details on how to get it working completely.  https://forums.nexusmods.com/index.php?/topic/3800385-a-guide-to-hdt-smp-usersmodders/

The important question is though, how well does it deal with belly collision. (You know for those a little bit bigger than average shlongs)

If you have a HDT enabled belly, you just can enable collision for it like for anything else, too. If it collides with hands, it also should collide with enabled schlongs, and at least hands are no problem in my setup.

The important question is though, how well does it deal with belly collision. (You know for those a little bit bigger than average shlongs)

If you have a HDT enabled belly, you just can enable collision for it like for anything else, too. If it collides with hands, it also should collide with enabled schlongs, and at least hands are no problem in my setup.

Well I use HDT PE right now and I have collision with the belly, and it seems to be very limited. I've tried messing around with the settings to barely any effect. I just want to know if HDT SMP handles belly collision (or collision in general) better than HDT PE. 

Well I use HDT PE right now and I have collision with the belly, and it seems to be very limited. I've tried messing around with the settings to barely any effect. I just want to know if HDT SMP handles belly collision (or collision in general) better than HDT PE. 

Collision in general is handled way better in SMP, as it calculates it with the actual mesh in mind as against PE. So one can say, it's most probable that belly-schlong collision works better, too.

Man, this is making me want to use SMP instead of PE. Only thing is it looks a bit daunting to do, converting all my armors and body to smp will take hours. 

SMP is more realistic and has less overhead. It is unstable as shit and fights with ENB and itself.

PE is more compatible and far far more stable, but is predetermined in range and does not account for individualized collision parameters, and must be worked all to fuck to appear anything not like a cartoon.

Both...  I've been lucky so far though.  My SMP isn't battling with my Realvision ENB, and ledo4ek's .xml's are working like a charm.

But again, I've been lucky.  I also have a monster computer so power is not an issue (which can also cause problems).

It helps to have an insanely stable game before-hand if you plan to change.  If your game is at all buggy/unstable now, take the time to fix it first.

Well I don't use an enb so i dont think I'll have to worry about that. However my game is not stable, as much as I'd like it to be, so I suppose I'd better wait some time before experimenting with SMP. 

There's no harm in experimenting.  You can always go back to PE by backing up your working SKSE\Plugins folder before-hand.  I can definitely see the potential here.  Once HDT gets this system running at 100%, it will almost certainly replace PE.

So then HDT SM just purely uses different plugins? I was expecting it to require new bodies and stuff. If it's just different plugins then I'll definitely try it out.

Yes, it's just a different plugin system.  You only need a body that is made for physics (basically ALL of the popular ones), and XPMSE which you probably have both of already.  As for installing, just make absolutely sure you remove the PE .DLL file.  If you have both systems at once it will probably crash, but even if it doesn't crash it will NOT work right.  Then, just get the .XML's from ledo4ek's post and follow his instructions to enable collision.

If it works for you, then believe me it's worth the effort.

I don't think it will work for me, I got to adding collisions from ledo4ek's and tested it out, got a max of 10fps. Not sure if this is just me being unable to handle it, or I'm doing something wrong. I was under the impression SMP was only slightly more demanding than PE. I had full 60fps almost always when running PE. 

Shouldn't it be LESS intensive than PE?  If you're getting 10 FPS than there's some other problem.  Unless I'm mistaken...

Either way I'd look through everything to make sure nothing is setup wrong.  Also, try it without ENB (if you have it).  Just remove the d3d9.dll and try it like that.  If it's still fucked, then I dunno what to tell you...

SMP is less demanding than PE. Either you don't have the right CE runtimes installed or you have the skeleton in the wrong place or not assigned to every character you have, including any and all custom ones, or your enb isn't compatible.

ledo4ek

There are five custom vaginas in the wilds and ledo natively supports one of them, so that's not entirely true.

well I'm probably going to wait for a package of sorts to come out for this. I can't figure out why its killing my frames and it's also messing up my body textures too somehow.