[Dead]

So many people trying hard to taunt the OP it's not even funny

Totally agree, instead of having people posting lame gifs/memes and moving on to another thread they just come here and cry about a freaking thread. Seriously I feel like watching kids fighting when I read this thread. If you're not happy just get out, don't start a flame war ffs.

Honestly I feel sad because a few days ago someone came out of nowhere and helped me to convert a model to be playable on Skyrim, without asking anything in return, now what I see is another side : people spitting at each other for the most stupid reasons. You guys are so sensitive I wonder if someone can even make a joke about you.

Hehe, it's OK.  I'm big boy and can deal with these snot-nosed little pukes.  They use lame little gifs as their command of the English language is quite limited.  They are so bad at trolling it's not even a challenge defending myself.  And It's painfully obvious now who the trolls are.  Even after publicly eating crow (go ahead yatol and look up what that means, I'll wait...) and apologizing, they can't help but to continue attacking.  Truly pathetic.  I'd send my 12 year old daughter in here to take care of my light work, but that wouldn't be fair to the trolls getting publicly humiliated by a grade-schooler.  Then again, she chose as her honors project to help out with the special needs children in her school so perhaps she could dumb it down enough for them to comprehend. 

This yatol character even admits that he's here just to troll and delights in it:

joining the kid fight is more fun^^

<Sigh>

And apparently after what 2 days now he's just now getting to the part in the original post, point #3,  where I explained what I was trying to do:

and you all miss the "whole point" of his thread...i wonder how many got to that part and i wonder where are his superior presets too

Like it finally dawned on his tiny little brain the point of this thread and wondered if anyone else had figured it out yet.  No, yatol.  You're about the only one that far behind.  I think if we give him a few more days... errr, maybe a week?... he may get half way down the first page where I mentioned my initial inability to get the GUI working and my link with half a dozen examples of what I had planned to post. 

Well, anyway, trolls will be trolls.  You can keep whacking at them, but they keep regenerating.  Yet they are like cockroaches as well.  They just crawl out of nowhere and filthy up everything.  They are both trolls AND cockroaches, they are like... troll cocks.  But I should not resort to name-calling.  He is persistent, I'll give him that.  It's unfortunate that he's too daft (better look that one up as well...) to realize that he's in a battle of wits, but is completely unarmed and facing a significant adversary. 

Anyway, as far as this thread, it appears there is at least some interest in what I had planned so I will take the suggestions of those that offered it and create a new thread with a better, non-obnoxious title and try again.  I will also leave my poor judgement here to die in this thread and do my best not to insult anyone.  I can only hope that the troll cocks will remain here to frolic in their fecese (another word for you to look up, yatol) and not soil the new thread.  I guess we shall see...

3.  Post the mods needed as well as the racemenu preset, of course.  Kind of the whole point to this is so that others can reasonably duplicate your masterpiece.

i wonder how many got to that part

and i wonder where are his superior presets too

In all honesty, this is what mostly turned me off about the OP. There was a lot about the thread's presentation that was eye rolling but easily ignored. The demands in the first post were so specific, though, that I was immediately suspicious and Rule 3 in the quote there made me believe malisbad1 simply created the thread to get presets that were to his liking. So, pretty much a not-so-cleverly disguised request thread. Then to tell people what kind of lighting to use and what clothes not to use... And no examples provided until someone mentioned them, even then no preset given. Eh, the whole thing left a bad taste.

I could be completely wrong about the OP's motivations and thought process but it doesn't really matter. It left a terrible impression and people are much less inclined to contribute even if they do prefer the type of presets malisbad1 wants posted here. Heck, I prefer more realistic proportions and I still wouldn't post mine.

There are other preset threads, as others have pointed out. If people would like to share their own "realistically proportioned" ones they'd be better off putting them in the main thread so it gets more variety.

Well, I am sorry you feel that way.  You are partly correct.  This is not a purely altruistic endeavor.  I never claimed it to be such.  There was no attempt at deceipt.  No attempt to 'cleverly disguise" what I was asking.  I stated very plainly that I want to share realistic presets.  I stated repeatedly thoughout this fiasco that I want to eliminate a mass of time and effort that does not suit my tastes and coroborate with others who share mine.  If I were not so busy defending myself I'd have been done by now. 

I went about it very poorly.  I've admitted and owned up to that fact, twice. 

My "demands" were to hedge off any questions and as has been mentioned could be summed up very simply as "keep it realistic" and "keep it somewhat lore-friendly" ... and, of couse, post the mods and slot needed (which is the obvious requirement in all the preset share threads).  That's it.

I saw in other threads people thankful for the occasional realistic preset.  I saw in other threads people complaining that the pics were too dark, too over-exposed, too warm (yellow/red), etc.  I gave 2 suggestions as to where one can go that is easy for anyone to get to, to make lighting less of an issue.  I tried to cover any issues before they arose. 

In the year and a half of my playing Skyrim I have used all of one preset from others, Christine.  It caught my eye and I liked it.  It took FOREVER to stumble upon her, sorting through page after page of presets that were of exactly zero interest to me. 

I actually enjoy creating characters and messing in RM, coming up with new faces or tweaking ones I like an making derivatives.  But, sometimes finding a nice face someone else has done sends me in a whole new direction.  Christine had done that recently and I wanted more. 

Again, I saw a small need/desire in others that aligned with my desires and acted on it.  Again, unfortunately I did it in a very poor manor. 

So, I apologize to you directly.  I hope you accept this explination.  It is the honest-to-god truth.  If not, well, I tried.

I mentioned my initial inability to get the GUI working and my link with half a dozen examples of what I had planned to post. 

that's probably a make up storie because you didn't like the first answears

i got curious and took a look at some of your "so much better presets"

was i supposed to see a difference with what there is in the other threads? or nexus?

but is completely unarmed and facing a significant adversary. 

adversary for what? i don't care about your thread, and i am making fun of you because you kill it yourself :D

saying there was mostly crap in the others threads, so you had to create a new one, was stupid

everyone that post something in the other threads may think you are talking about their presets

and everyone that may post something, can't know if it's good or crap, there's nothing to compare them too

and let's not forget the ones that don't know they are supposed to upload the preset with their pics, because so much blabla they didn't bother reading

Really the only reason people snapped at you wasn't because you weren't into their kinks. No, it was because you actually did pass judgement on their tastes. You put quotation marks on beauty, you say how frustrating it is to browse their trash. So really do not be surprised people become grumpy and defend themselves. Couldn't you have simply phrased that you did not like younger looking characters, smooth anime-ish skin and large breasts? And no one would have "trolled" your thread.

Besides as it was stated we do not need multiple "share your presets" threads, simply have patience and tolerance while browsing existing threads until you stumble upon something you like.

You hit the nail on the head there. Were this about people getting in a huff about others not sharing their specific kinks,we'd have a dozen or so of these threads right now.

Had the initial post been phrased differently, stating a preference for realistic characters in a high fantasy setting to enhance its sense of verisimiltude then I would have been on-board much as I was for the Male Content Call-Out thread.

I'm all for a wider variety of content being provided for this site so that a wider user-base can be served as well as they can be served.

Judging the interests of other as being somehow less worthy than one's own is no way to enthuse others about contributing(anything other than mockery,that is).

I think my character fits your description perfectly OP

Congratulations.  You have the reading comprension just a few steps below a chimpanzee.  Keep trying and we may find an occupation suited just for you; sitting in a chair and breathing.  You might even be allowed to fling poo at the gawkers!

Lighten up dawg, I was just playing.

Archived