[Dead]

Hey there,

I'd like to start a thread where people can post and share their REALISTIC looking character presets. 

I know, I know, there are already threads to share Racemenu presets as well as "Beautiful women and how to make them", etc.  To be fair, I did spend quite a while scrolling through page after page of , ahem..."beautiful" women.  And, well, I know beauty is in the eye of the beholder, but I didn't realize the definition of 'beautiful' was so... encompassing. 

To really set this apart from the other threads I ask only a few ground rules:

1.  That you post REALISTIC looking characters! 

A.  Humans (or Mer) with human (or mer) proportions. 

B.  No FFFF tits that enter a room 3 minutes before the woman attached to them. 

C.  No 10 year old girl faces on Marilyn Monroe bodies.  

D.  No WoW Blood Elf wanna-be's or Anime/Manga styled caricatures or cartoons.

2.  Keep the pics simple & somewhat lore-friendly! 

A. A close-up / bust / portrait shot (head, neck, maybe shoulders) or two. 

B. A full body shot if you like, minimal or no clothes so we can see proportions. 

C. This is not a place to showcase your school-girl outfit or your pin-up poser portfolio.  Showcase your ability to create an attractive or even just interesting or unique character. 

3.  Post the mods needed as well as the racemenu preset, of course.  Kind of the whole point to this is so that others can reasonably duplicate your masterpiece. 

4.  Please ensure adequate lighting!  A couple good places for screenshots if you didn't know that are easy (but obviously ENB dependent): 

A. Whiterun, Bannered Mare:  Walk in through the front door, walk up to the firepit and stop between the 2 columns.  Spin your camera and have at it.  The lighting in there is a bit warm, but pretty nice.

B. Whiterun, Temple of Kynareth:  A few paces away from the center of the room.  Lighting it quite white, but not overly bright.

Thanks!  And I do apologize if I come off sounding like an ass.  I have no issues making (what I feel are) pretty characters, but I do like to see the works of others.  I was actually amused at first scrolling through the other threads, but after a few hours and a few hundred posts and finding like half a dozen decent characters I was rather... confused, and a bit frustrated.  Hence this thread. 

Yes, miho!  Exactly. 

OK, I didn't think that was that tough of a concept to understand.  Was trying to post my own last night, but this chat interface would not work at all.  Installed Firefox so I'll post some of mine when I get home (gonna be late for work now!).

But here are some examples that i'll post properly tonight:  http://imgur.com/a/TMi3a

If this is your example then I feel like piling on as well.  I just don't see how that face is fundamentally different than stuff that's being shared already.   Do we really need a thread of "this is the kind of preset I like and here is long list of my requests"?

Instead of muddying the water how about we just stick with the original threads:

http://www.loverslab.com/topic/36607-share-your-racemenu-preset-slot-file/

http://www.loverslab.com/topic/41228-wip-share-racemenu-v3-presets/

The only new threads that we possibly need at this point is either one dedicated to CITRUS high poly head or a thread of presets based on references. 

First of all, the so-called "long list of requests" can be summed up in 1 word: "realistic".  That's pretty much it.  Other than the obvious 'post you mods used and preset slot', the entire idea is post a "somewhat lore-friendly" & "realistic" character share.  Yes I tried to hedge off any questions ahead of time with plenty of examples.  I suggested shots and places to facilitate easy sorting in what I would hope to be a repository of "normal" character presets.  Obviously "attractive" is HIGHLY subjective, but I don't think anyone has really set out to make an ungly character, so even the "requirement" of "Attractive" is... flexible. 

Second, this is not "muddying the waters".  It's the exact opposite.  I'm trying to provide a focus, a narrower definition.  Muddying the waters is going through page after page of freak-shows and female characitures in a thread about "beautiful women".  I'm not here to judge.  I don't jump in to peoples wolf fucking threads or horse cock sucking threads and say how disgusting of an idea *I* think it is.  No one gives a shit.  Right?  I'b be labeled a troll and told to F off in no uncertain terms.  I'm a die-hard libertarian; to each his own.  I can pass over the sick fucks and thier 'let's play incest in skyrim' so I'd appreciate the same courtesy if this is not your thing.

Third, as I mentioned, there are several (what I consider) very nice characters posted in the various threads, and a good bit of the time it was followed by "Finally something that's not a freakshow!" (Ok, paraphrasing there, but you get the idea).  And *I* felt the exact same way.  This is for THEM, and me, of course.  This is so WE do not have to sort through a whole lot of trash to share what *we* might consider "good" presets.  

Why is there a separate thread for ECE and RM?  Why not keep them all in one thread?  A preset is a preset.  If you like the preset enough, you just might use what's needed to create it?  Well, because keeping each thread provides a more defined focus.  If you're not interested in switching from RM to ECE, you can eliminate half(ish) the posts.  I would like to eliminate 95% of what I think is rubbish.  Is that any less worthy? 

I have been taking from this site for half a year, and I though I could perhaps offer something back, at least in some small way, that aligns to my interests as well.  I'm no modder, but I saw an opportunity to fulfill a small desire among a small group of people and tried it. 

So, thanks guys for the warm welcome to Lover's Lab.  Much appreciated!

In all seriousness this time,this thread wouldn't be out of place in any other forum, be it on Steam, reddit or even Raptr.

Judging by your judgments of the kinds of content found on this site (despite your claim to be avoiding judgment),this thread would be better off on a more mainstream, no 'adult content' tolerated website as it is the 'freakshow' by this site's standards.

Why is there a separate thread for ECE and RM?

because some use ece, and others use rm

I would like to eliminate 95% of what I think is rubbish.  Is that any less worthy?

yet you didn't bother copy pasting the 5% preset good enought for you, or even your presets...

oh, wait, i'll do the same

xDtoK4Y.jpg

Is it just because OP said no anime/manga style some of you went mad? I know a lot of you like characters with this style but is that a reason to belittle the OP with lame gifs and stuff? Doesn't look right to me, if you're not happy just move on.

Nah. I'm just as annoyed with anime faces, pasty skin, horizontal elf ears, and 10 year old heads on triple F bodies as the next guy. I posted that pic because I was going to call him out for coming off as a major ass, but then he apologized, and that pic summed up how I felt afterwards, or something.

In all seriousness this time,this thread wouldn't be out of place in any other forum, be it on Steam, reddit or even Raptr.

Judging by your judgments of the kinds of content found on this site (despite your claim to be avoiding judgment),this thread would be better off on a more mainstream, no 'adult content' tolerated website as it is the 'freakshow' by this site's standards.

The only other site related to Skyrim I bother with are a few reddit forums, and they are quite a bit more conservative than I am (the shock!).  You start showing bush and linking LL and you get banned.  They refer to this site as "that other mod site that shall not be named". 

So basically, since I'm only say 20% deviant and not a full on 90-100% freakshow deviant I should just go away?  I'm too prudish to hang with the big boys despite the 50-60ish LL mods in my MO list? 

"Ha!  Look at this guy.  He doesn't like chicks with dicks!  Run along little boy."

Nice, dude.  Nice.

Why is there a separate thread for ECE and RM?

because some use ece, and others use rm

I would like to eliminate 95% of what I think is rubbish.  Is that any less worthy?

yet you didn't bother copy pasting the 5% preset good enought for you, or even your presets...

Captain Obvious.  Yes, some use ECE and some use RM.  And some presets require CBBE & a Real Girls texture to get the exact look while I prefer UNP & SG or Mature Skin.  If you want a look as exact as is posted, you use the mods needed to create it, hence the mod list.

As far as the presets, it's not my place to post other's works.  And I already explained why I had not posted mine as of yet.  I was using IE and the text GUI was not working at all for some reason (old java perhaps?).  I installed Firefox and all's well. 

But, I won't bother.  You guys will have your little victory.  No one is going to want to trudge though this petty cat fight to see 'realistic' women anyway. 

Cheers, mate.  I hope you enjoy the rest of your day.

Is it just because OP said no anime/manga style some of you went mad? I know a lot of you like characters with this style but is that a reason to belittle the OP with lame gifs and stuff? Doesn't look right to me, if you're not happy just move on.

Thank you kindly for your voice of reason.  Moving along is the usual courtesy if something is not of interest to you, but apparently I ruffled everyone's feathers by not conforming to their brand of kink.  I shall retreat to under the rock from which I had come.  R.A.P.E. was a pretty lame acronym anyway.  "Expo"... what the fuck was I thinking...

Perhaps RAPED:  Realistic Attractive Preset Example Depository?  I wonder how that will fly over at /r/skyrim? 

yet another troll thread.

Indeed.  Been a member a year and figured, "Ya know... I should go piss off a bunch of strangers just for shits & giggles."

You, sir, are a genious!  You figured me out! 

Drats.... foiled again.

Rape jokes aren't funny.  My brother died that way.

And yet you regularly contribute (862 posts) to a forum where rape is one of the most popular mod features in a game rife with murder and death.

You sir, are an oxymoronic enigma... but I WILL figure you out! 

Welp seeing that reality base character is needed here my khajiit self will move on (body wise is pretty realistic just i don't know if people like mid-chubby girls) but still come back once and while to see people characters i may not play as a human (personal reason which most people will find stupid) but seeing people reality skyrim character is pretty damn cool ^-^

Naming the topic wise....i would've gone with "R.H.P - Realistic Human Preset" sounds better and not so....wrong i guess i can put it hey im trying don't bite my head off :(  

Welp seeing that reality base character is needed here my khajiit self will move on (body wise is pretty realistic just i don't know if people like mid-chubby girls) but still come back once and while to see people characters i may not play as a human (personal reason which most people will find stupid) but seeing people reality skyrim character is pretty damn cool ^-^

Naming the topic wise....i would've gone with "R.H.P - Realistic Human Preset" sounds better and not so....wrong i guess i can put it hey im trying don't bite my head off :(  

Aww, I have no reason to bite your head off :-)  I'm a strick self-defensive type of guy.  I never take the first swing, but I'll do my F'n best to stomp the shit out of you if you swing at me. 

RHP is actually pretty good, but I was trying for something with a little 'edge' to it, being the flavor of this site.  RHP certainly is much better than a frickin' 'Expo'!  LOL.  Gods that was lame, I admit, but I just couldn't think of anything with an E. 

But, I wouldn't bother coming back.  Aparently this was all a bad idea and very unwelcome according to the old salts of the forum, so this topic is a bust... and not the nice C-cup type :-(  I'm just gonna hang around a bit more and answer anyone else who wants to take pot shots at me, then I'll go play Skyrim.  After tonight I'll probably never come back to this thread. 

MODS!  Please delete this thread, if you would be so kind.  My damn F9 key is not reloading this forum to a point before I started this thread!

Archived