HDT Hoop Earrings - Polished Metal Retexture

Z0mBieP00Nani

So for a while now it has bugged me how the large hoop earrings (originally from this thread http://www.loverslab.com/topic/10445-large-hoop-earrings/) looked great from a mesh standpoint, but always fell short as far as looking like the nice shiny polished earrings in the picture (see posted link).. so, I set out to fix that, and here it is...

Gold

post-145287-0-56176500-1424761751_thumb.jpg

Silver

post-145287-0-91196800-1424761768_thumb.jpg

Credit for the meshes goes to Vioxsis

Credit for the HDT effects and the silver texures goes to jacques00

HDT version of the earrings can be found here: http://www.loverslab.com/topic/29899-hdt-large-hoop-earrings/

I made the cube map from scratch myself, and tweaked the original textures a bit for I little added effect.

The cube maps are called "polished_metal_e" so if you have any other mods installed with cube maps of that name this re-texture will overwrite that file.

If you happen to be the curious type and notice that the attached file contains an esp file as well as a Textures and Meshes folder, that's because this was a little more complicated than just tweaking the textures, I can assure you the earrings will still behave as intended.

HDT Hoop Earrings - New Look.rar (old)

HDT Hoop Earrings - New Look.rar (new)

I didn't like the way the gold earrings looked in bright light (they looked too faded) so I fixed that.. hopefully.

I toned down the textures a bit to make them a little darker; I felt that the earrings shone too brightly even in darker areas. The spoiler below contains pics of the new darker textures as viewed in the player inventory, but the look carries over noticeably in game.

Gold

post-145287-0-24196200-1424918285_thumb.jpg

Silver

post-145287-0-67449700-1424918296_thumb.jpg

Hoop Earrings - Darker Gold and Silver Textures.rar (optional)

These textures look the best in my opinion. One of the main files is required, as this file only contains the textures and nothing else.

[uPDATE] Version 2

I have continued to tweak these textures, because I'm kind of funny like that and this is the end result.

Gold

post-145287-0-21143800-1438033267_thumb.jpg

post-145287-0-07950800-1438033298_thumb.jpg

Silver

post-145287-0-12059500-1438033345_thumb.jpg

post-145287-0-03377300-1438033363_thumb.jpg

HDT Hoop Earrings - New Look V2.rar

This will probably be the last update to this thread, as I feel I'm finally satisfied with it.

Enjoy :D

Thanks for the graphical update Z0mBieP00Nani :)

Not a day too soon... I´ve just taken screenshots of my character with the older version of those earrings.

I´ll have to try those very soon :D

PS: Can I just overwrite the NIF/Textures files, without using the esp? Reason I ask is i already have the earrings in a merged ESP)

Thanks for the graphical update Z0mBieP00Nani :)

Not a day too soon... I´ve just taken screenshots of my character with the older version of those earrings.

I´ll have to try those very soon :D

PS: Can I just overwrite the NIF/Textures files, without using the esp? Reason I ask is i already have the earrings in a merged ESP)

You're welcome.

No, unfortunately you would have to search for "hoop" under the "Texture Sets" tab and change the texture paths of the cube maps in Creation Kit or the like in your esp file, otherwise it won't work.

If you decide to use the new file you'll have to look for a different cube map called "polished_metal_g_e" and use that one for the gold earrings though.

Thanks for the feedback =) I've done the texture/mesh replacement only for now, i´ll try activating the updated esp and check if there's any difference.

Before I do that though, is this the final result? Looks great now! ;)

Silver Old

post-133771-0-09135100-1424766642_thumb.png

Silver New

post-133771-0-71956700-1424766646_thumb.png

Gold Old

post-133771-0-46719100-1424766632_thumb.png

Gold New

post-133771-0-07928800-1424766635_thumb.png

PS: Screens taken with older RAR file.

Thanks for the feedback =) I've done the texture/mesh replacement only for now, i´ll try activating the updated esp and check if there's any difference.

Before I do that though, is this the final result? Looks great now! ;)

PS: Screens taken with older RAR file.

At first (in my half asleep state) I couldn't see what you were doing, then I realized you posted before and after shots. :P  Yeah I can see the difference, lol.

I left the old file up as a matter of preference, downloading the new one isn't absolutely necessary, I just tweaked the file a bit because I didn't like the way it looked in my game, however the earrings may appear different depending on how you have your game set up I guess (referring to ENBs, or the lack there of).

• 5 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

[uPDATE] Version 2

attachicon.gifHDT Hoop Earrings - New Look V2.rar

This will probably be the last update to this thread, as I feel I'm finally satisfied with it.

Dear Z0mBieP00 :P

I am just blown away by how much better my favorite earrings look with your improvements! Thank you from the bottom of my horny little heart for this work!

I did have some installation issues, though- since there were no installation instructions, I decided to do the cleanest installation of your work that I could:

• I uninstalled my existing HDT Hoop Earrings from HDT Hoop Earrings 14.28 (edit by daie).rar using NMM
  • I loaded my latest save, got the expected "this save relies on missing items" or whatever, then re-saved my Hoop-Earring-free game.
  • I installed your HDT Hoop Earrings - New Look V2.rar using NMM
  • I ran LOOT to insure the load order, then TES5Edit to make a new Merged Patch due to your new esp plugin file
  • I loaded my latest save and Consoled in a couple of pairs of your gold and silver earrings

The earrings appeared and were gorgeous, but they had no movement whatsoever. They just hung there, frozen on my earlobes like all the Vanilla earrings. :s

After a contents comparison between your archive and my previously-installed archive, I realized that there were two major differences beside the more recent dates on all your files:

1. Your archive does not contain any xml file at all to go in Data/SKSE/plugins/hdtPhysicsExtensions/hoop, while my original does
  2. Your archive contains a Data/Textures/Cubemaps folder containing your 2 new cubemap files, while my original does not

So clearly, I needed to somehow combine the two archives so that I had your new, gorgeous textures AND the dangly-flashy movement I love so much. After a fair amount of experimentation, I came up with a winning mashup:

• The Data/SKSE/plugins/hdtPhysicsExtensions/hoop xml file from HDT Hoop Earrings 14.28 (edit by daie).rar
  • The Data/meshes/ files from HDT Hoop Earrings 14.28 (edit by daie).rar
  • The Data/textures/ files from HDT Hoop Earrings - New Look V2.rar including both the hoop and cubemaps folders
  • The Data/Hoop Earrings.esp file from HDT Hoop Earrings - New Look V2.rar

This works perfectly now! The last thing I did was create a new Archive of the above mashup so that in the future I can just use NMM to install the file combination that works rather than have to go through all of this manual labor again. Here is that archive in case you or anyone else is interested in having it:

HDT Hoop Earrings 14.28 (edit by daie) with New Look V2.7z

Again, thank you from the bottom of my slutty little heart for the amazing look you gave to these earrings! :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart:

♪♀♪

Thanks, they really look beautiful in my game.

[uPDATE] Version 2

attachicon.gifHDT Hoop Earrings - New Look V2.rar

Dear Z0mBieP00 :P

I am just blown away by how much better my favorite earrings look with your improvements! Thank you from the bottom of my horny little heart for this work!

I did have some installation issues, though- since there were no installation instructions, I decided to do the cleanest installation of your work that I could:

• I uninstalled my existing HDT Hoop Earrings from HDT Hoop Earrings 14.28 (edit by daie).rar using NMM
  • I loaded my latest save, got the expected "this save relies on missing items" or whatever, then re-saved my Hoop-Earring-free game.
  • I installed your HDT Hoop Earrings - New Look V2.rar using NMM
  • I ran LOOT to insure the load order, then TES5Edit to make a new Merged Patch due to your new esp plugin file
  • I loaded my latest save and Consoled in a couple of pairs of your gold and silver earrings

The earrings appeared and were gorgeous, but they had no movement whatsoever. They just hung there, frozen on my earlobes like all the Vanilla earrings. :s

After a contents comparison between your archive and my previously-installed archive, I realized that there were two major differences beside the more recent dates on all your files:

1. Your archive does not contain any xml file at all to go in Data/SKSE/plugins/hdtPhysicsExtensions/hoop, while my original does
  2. Your archive contains a Data/Textures/Cubemaps folder containing your 2 new cubemap files, while my original does not

So clearly, I needed to somehow combine the two archives so that I had your new, gorgeous textures AND the dangly-flashy movement I love so much. After a fair amount of experimentation, I came up with a winning mashup:

• The Data/SKSE/plugins/hdtPhysicsExtensions/hoop xml file from HDT Hoop Earrings 14.28 (edit by daie).rar
  • The Data/meshes/ files from HDT Hoop Earrings 14.28 (edit by daie).rar
  • The Data/textures/ files from HDT Hoop Earrings - New Look V2.rar including both the hoop and cubemaps folders
  • The Data/Hoop Earrings.esp file from HDT Hoop Earrings - New Look V2.rar

This works perfectly now! The last thing I did was create a new Archive of the above mashup so that in the future I can just use NMM to install the file combination that works rather than have to go through all of this manual labor again. Here is that archive in case you or anyone else is interested in having it:

attachicon.gifHDT Hoop Earrings 14.28 (edit by daie) with New Look V2.7z

Again, thank you from the bottom of my slutty little heart for the amazing look you gave to these earrings! :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart:

♪♀♪

You're quite welcome. :)

Sorry for any inconvenience I may have caused you or anyone else, lol. Glad you got them working properly at least, and thanks for the updated file!

• 1 month later...

Archived