[Obsolete] SevenBase HDT Vagina and HDT Creatures

I'm having an intermittent texture problem that I'm at a loss to diagnose. When it happens, all female body textures (with the exception of Argonian and Khajiit, which I have not yet messed with) will be solid black from a distance, and covered in triangles up close. Please find attached a few screenshots, and forgive the default Nord; I wanted to document that it happens to new games too.

It doesn't happen all the time, and I haven't yet been able to figure out a reliable way to make it happen or not happen. When it does happen, sometimes I can fix it by going into Racemenu, switching to an Argonian or Khajiit since neither race is affected, then switching back; sometimes I can fix it by exiting to the main menu, starting a new game, quitting that, then loading my old save; and other times I have to quit outright and hope it's less obstinate next time I start Skyrim. It affects new games and old saves with equal frequency. I've only seen it disappear mid-play when one of my "fixes" (and I use that term loosely) works, and I've never seen it appear in the middle of play.

I'm pretty sure it's related to the Texblending I did to add textures to the HDT vagina, since it only appeared after I did that and goes away when I swap my original textures back in. Expectedly, it doesn't affect heads, and until I messed about with hand textures in an effort to figure out what the devil was going on, it didn't affect those either. Body and hands are never affected separately, for the record. If it's relevant, I'm using the higher rez install option of Mature Skins.

I followed the instructions in the linked tutorial, and used the UUNP labeled copy of Texblend that came bundled with the most recent release of Bodyslide 2. While I'm pretty sure I did as they said, I've evidently gotten something wrong, so I guess I can't say for certain that my problem isn't between my keyboard and chair. Google turned up a mess of conflicting answers, of which this post seemed the most pertinent. I reverted to the original textures and then did what the dude said before trying Texblend a second time (following its instructions on hand textures as an experiment was how I broke those), and it feels like it made the problem somewhat less consistent, but that could be my imagination.

What's odd is that it seems to happen less frequently the less mods I run. I'm running a mess of mods both SexLab related and not, and when I disabled a boatload of them for testing some (probably?) unrelated game stability issues, it felt like the texture bug would happen a lot less.

Interestingly, my wife has this happen sometimes too on a Khajiit with unmodified skin textures. She's not using the HDT vagina (or any LL mods at all), and sees it happen only in conjunction with Bathing in Skyrim, which I'm not even running. I'm not sure it's related since her problems do emerge mid-play, are generally less obstinate than mine, and (as far as we can tell) are caused by completely different things. It looks the exact same when it happens, though, and the Racemenu fix works consistently for her too, so I don't know; I'm pretty far out of my depth here, so I'm just tossing out anything that sounds vaguely relevant.

On the upside, the mesh side of things is working like a dream and looks absolutely fantastic when the textures decide to behave.

That used to happen to me when I used a high resolution texture. Get a compressed version of mature skin or use optimizer textures to fix it yourself. 

I'm having an intermittent texture problem that I'm at a loss to diagnose. When it happens, all female body textures (with the exception of Argonian and Khajiit, which I have not yet messed with) will be solid black from a distance, and covered in triangles up close. Please find attached a few screenshots, and forgive the default Nord; I wanted to document that it happens to new games too.

It doesn't happen all the time, and I haven't yet been able to figure out a reliable way to make it happen or not happen. When it does happen, sometimes I can fix it by going into Racemenu, switching to an Argonian or Khajiit since neither race is affected, then switching back; sometimes I can fix it by exiting to the main menu, starting a new game, quitting that, then loading my old save; and other times I have to quit outright and hope it's less obstinate next time I start Skyrim. It affects new games and old saves with equal frequency. I've only seen it disappear mid-play when one of my "fixes" (and I use that term loosely) works, and I've never seen it appear in the middle of play.

I'm pretty sure it's related to the Texblending I did to add textures to the HDT vagina, since it only appeared after I did that and goes away when I swap my original textures back in. Expectedly, it doesn't affect heads, and until I messed about with hand textures in an effort to figure out what the devil was going on, it didn't affect those either. Body and hands are never affected separately, for the record. If it's relevant, I'm using the higher rez install option of Mature Skins.

I followed the instructions in the linked tutorial, and used the UUNP labeled copy of Texblend that came bundled with the most recent release of Bodyslide 2. While I'm pretty sure I did as they said, I've evidently gotten something wrong, so I guess I can't say for certain that my problem isn't between my keyboard and chair. Google turned up a mess of conflicting answers, of which this post seemed the most pertinent. I reverted to the original textures and then did what the dude said before trying Texblend a second time (following its instructions on hand textures as an experiment was how I broke those), and it feels like it made the problem somewhat less consistent, but that could be my imagination.

What's odd is that it seems to happen less frequently the less mods I run. I'm running a mess of mods both SexLab related and not, and when I disabled a boatload of them for testing some (probably?) unrelated game stability issues, it felt like the texture bug would happen a lot less.

Interestingly, my wife has this happen sometimes too on a Khajiit with unmodified skin textures. She's not using the HDT vagina (or any LL mods at all), and sees it happen only in conjunction with Bathing in Skyrim, which I'm not even running. I'm not sure it's related since her problems do emerge mid-play, are generally less obstinate than mine, and (as far as we can tell) are caused by completely different things. It looks the exact same when it happens, though, and the Racemenu fix works consistently for her too, so I don't know; I'm pretty far out of my depth here, so I'm just tossing out anything that sounds vaguely relevant.

On the upside, the mesh side of things is working like a dream and looks absolutely fantastic when the textures decide to behave.

This problem happens when you are using a texture with a resolution that is too high for your video card to render. I've had the same problem before. You need to either lower/optimize the texture quality, or get a better video card that can handle it.

That used to happen to me when I used a high resolution texture. Get a compressed version of mature skin or use optimizer textures to fix it yourself. 

This problem happens when you are using a texture with a resolution that is too high for your video card to render. I've had the same problem before. You need to either lower/optimize the texture quality, or get a better video card that can handle it.

Both of these answers are most likely false, sorry. The issue is with TexBlend. In my experience, it does not properly generate MipMaps for the newly blended textures, causing this issue. The fix is simple, just open the textures in a program like GIMP or Photoshop, export them and during export select the option to "Generate MipMaps", problem should be solved. If not, you can also try pressing Control+F4 while in game and see what that does (CONTROL, not Alt).

I've had it happen to me, as well, and it took quite some time to figure out the solution with so much mis-information around.

Both of these answers are most likely false, sorry. The issue is with TexBlend. In my experience, it does not properly generate MipMaps for the newly blended textures, causing this issue. The fix is simple, just open the textures in a program like GIMP or Photoshop, export them and during export select the option to "Generate MipMaps", problem should be solved. If not, you can also try pressing Control+F4 while in game and see what that does (CONTROL, not Alt).

I've had it happen to me, as well, and it took quite some time to figure out the solution with so much mis-information around.

I'm also willing to bet it's a mipmap issue. I have no problems with it when I run the same textures without subjecting them to Texblend first, and I'd think if it was vram it'd either be a great deal more consistent than that, or some of my other unnecessarily enormous textures would also give me problems (and more to the point, I'm running with a GTX 970, so the realm of "better video card" is pretty small just at the moment). I'll give that a try and see what happens.

Your wife?!

Yeah that's not so far out of the qestion..lol. My wife doesn't play but she cracks up at the level of sexuality and BDSM themes that are in this game... ;)

Heh! Yeah, I am a lucky dude in that regard. Kinky fucked-up weirdos come in both genders, as it turns out!

I'm also willing to bet it's a mipmap issue. I have no problems with it when I run the same textures without subjecting them to Texblend first, and I'd think if it was vram it'd either be a great deal more consistent than that, or some of my other unnecessarily enormous textures would also give me problems (and more to the point, I'm running with a GTX 970, so the realm of "better video card" is pretty small just at the moment). I'll give that a try and see what happens.

Your wife?!

Yeah that's not so far out of the qestion..lol. My wife doesn't play but she cracks up at the level of sexuality and BDSM themes that are in this game... ;)

Heh! Yeah, I am a lucky dude in that regard. Kinky fucked-up weirdos come in both genders, as it turns out!

Nothing wrong with that bro, my wife went to art school so she's pretty unshockable. She also really appreciates the level of detail and creation time it must take for people to do these mods as she knows very well art can't be rushed. Honestly even though she doesn't play she probably appreciates the hard work more than a lot of users in this forum.. :(

But we'll leave it at that get back to what this thread is about.

so, basically, all I should need to do is use the bodyslide uunp special, make the body and them add the files from Myfiles 3 and HDt physics extensions this should work, right?

UUNP Special already comes with the My Files 3.

I'm throwing things out here.   I have already made the body using bodyslide.  Have the required( or suggested) xml files but its not working

so, basically, all I should need to do is use the bodyslide uunp special, make the body and them add the files from Myfiles 3 and HDt physics extensions this should work, right?

I'm throwing things out here. I have already made the body using bodyslide. Have the required( or suggested) xml files but its not working

Try following the directions in this post. You don't need a 7b body or installing the HDT vagina. UNP Special has already done that.....http://www.loverslab.com/topic/43159-sevenbase-hdt-vagina/page-30?do=findComment&comment=1183024

I'm throwing things out here. I have already made the body using bodyslide. Have the required( or suggested) xml files but its not working

Try following the directions in this post. You don't need a 7b body or installing the HDT vagina. UNP Special has already done that.....http://www.loverslab.com/topic/43159-sevenbase-hdt-vagina/page-30?do=findComment&comment=1183024

Thisis the result of me following those directions.  hilarious, but annoying.  I saved the original gential files SO I can go back without reinstalling SOS.

oddly enough showracemenu no longer had the genitals section after doing this.

Thisis the result of me following those directions.  hilarious, but annoying.  I saved the original gential files SO I can go back without reinstalling SOS.

i believe you either need to get the xpmse skeleton or some other mod in your load order has overwritten it.

To update for anyone either having the same triangle-riddled texture problem as I was or just curious, none1980's idea worked perfectly. I haven't had any texture problems since regenerating my mipmaps in GIMP, in spite of a good hour spent just starting and quitting Skyrim over and over to see if I could make it reappear. It was a pretty straightforward procedure, though if there's any interest in it, I'd be happy to write up a detailed set of instructions on exactly what I did.

EDIT: I did write up those instructions. They're here. Hope it helps!

i believe you either need to get the xpmse skeleton or some other mod in your load order has overwritten it.

I have that skeleton.  There is no other mod that could have overwritten it as editing the nifs was the last thing I did.  This was not a thing prior to doing that.

I think I'm having the 'raging' vagina issue, and a raging boobs issue as well.  Whenever I play the sex animation with a dog the vagina and boobs extend out the back of the female model.

I've already edited the .nif files and used a sevenbase body model.  I decided to use Texture Blender to blend the .pngs.

Can anyone help?   Thanks.

CBBE v3.7  Actually, I think it's UN7B.

Edit:  Had some success.  I replaced the UN7B body from a new download and the 'raging' body parts issue is gone.  But the vagina bones aren't working.

Johann asked for your skeleton, not your body. And it sounds like you replaced your body with one that doesn't support HDT.

Edit:  Had some success.  I replaced the UN7B body from a new download and the 'raging' body parts issue is gone.  But the vagina bones aren't working.

Johann asked for your skeleton, not your body. And it sounds like you replaced your body with one that doesn't support HDT.

My mistake.  My skeleton is XPMS v1.94

I've just updated to XPMS 2.43.

XPMS or XPMSE?

XPMS or XPMSE?

XPMSE