Possible download feature?

Loogie

I'm following several files, and quite often get a message saying the file has been updated when the poster adds a screenshot or changes their description. I find it annoying to get excited for an update and then go to the page and have my hopes dashed; I don't want to put anyone through that, so I keep the edits to my download pages to a minimum.

Would it be possible to have a setting on the uploader's end, like a box to click on, that prevents an update message from being pushed out to everyone following the file that we can select if the change to the page is minor and not an actual mod update?

I agree with Loogie, that would be a nice feature. I usually have to skim down the OP, find the version history and read for anything that sounds new. Or open MO and compare versions. My memory isn't as good as it used to be at keeping track of hundreds of mods.

Not the sort of thing I have immediate control over.  I didn't create the forum software used on the site, I've only made use of it, for whatever it is with all its flaws and what not.

I know that's the situation - was just wondering if it was possible within the existing framework. Thanks for the answer!

Archived