SexLab Solutions 5.0.7 (01-December-2017)

I've never seen Uthgerd outside of Whiterun though... but maybe I was just too distracted by the giant to notice. :P

That's actually another mod called Cutting Room Floor that has that restored scene.  If you don't have that mod, or if you have the mod but you have already met Cicero outside the farm, then you'll never see that scene.

I can't explain that. All I know is that if you coc WhiterunBanneredMare from the main menu and try speaking to her, the option isn't there until you go for a long walk and come back.

I wonder if this related to the issue noted in ASLAL (Alt Start Live another Life) where if you choose one of the starts where you own a house in the city, most of the quests for the inhabitants of that city won't start until you leave the city and come back later.

That would be my guess, since I never noticed it before. I use ASLAL but normally for playing pick a hunter in the woods or something along those lines. I only pick a house if I plan to do testing in the city and I never noticed that until well now.

It does make sense, but the carriage won't update to the intended target destination if you're lacking gold, you'll just get the "don't do charity" dialogue. If I edit the carriage quest to address that problem, then Solutions becomes incompatible with travel mods like BFT Carriages, which I do use. And even if a compatibility patch were to be made for these mods, there would still be issues due to variable carriage costs and new travel locations, as well as new carriage NPCs not present in vanilla.

I can't figure out a solution that isn't overly convoluted, so I won't be doing anything for carriages. If you can't afford a carriage, try sexing the hostler for a horse, Solutions does have an event for that. :P

On a vaguely related note, I noticed while poking around the carriage quest that Bethesda initially intended carriages to be something completely different than just a redundant fast travel method. You'd actually sit and travel in the carriage instead of just teleport to the destination, and you could ask the driver to make stops at certain towns. Sometimes the carriage would even be ambushed by bandits along the way.

Ah ok, well how about just adding a new line, for when you first talk to the driver. Something like this.

"I.. I don't have any gold but I really need to get somewhere, perhaps we could work out a trade?"

Once you pick that line 50 gold is at that moment added to the PC. (since all the places in vanilla cost that or less)

Which then leads to the driver asking where you want to go and lets you pick the destination as always.

After the PC chooses the location, the climb in back and will be off is said. With a new dialogue option to click saying, "ok I am ready" then the NPC gets off the wagon and starts sex and then it goes on like normal. Not sure if you could track it so it would take away the extra gold if one of the cheaper locations where picked or not.

I am just tossing out idea's, this is not something I am likely to ever use. But I can understand how others might so tossing out idea's on possible solutions, no pun intended. :)

Right at the end of the dialogue line it says "he doesnt do it for free( well not that line but along these lines)" cant check it again right now cause i got Exams tomorrow so gotta read.

Anyway when he says that i thought i simply didnt had gold so i opened up the console to test it out by adding 20k septims in my inventory but that didnt help out at all.

Also I do use cutting room floor mod (above post) in case you want know.

Ah. This event has random elements so that's probably why you're getting confused by the hostler's replies. Here's how it works:

When you take the dialogue to buy a horse or dog, and fail because you don't have enough gold, the Solutions dialogue path will show up. If you select it, the hostler's reply is randomized. There are three possible outcomes, and they are as follows:

• Reject player's offer, tell them to come back with gold.
  • Suggest sex with player.
  • Suggest player have sex with the animal they want to buy.

Option 1 always qualifies to be randomly selected, but option 2 and 3 each need to win a coin toss in order to qualify. This means that statistically, the hostler's reply will be gold 50% of the time, human sex 25% of the time, and creature sex 25% of the time.

Why the random elements, you may ask? Well, I like money sinks in my game, and I didn't want this to be a free-pass where you can always make a purchase without spending anything, by simply stashing your gold in a nearby container before talking to the hostler. Though if you really want to get that horse without paying, you could always just be persistent and keep asking the hostler, it shouldn't take more than 2-3 tries for him to give in. :P

Ah ok, well how about just adding a new line, for when you first talk to the driver. Something like this.

"I.. I don't have any gold but I really need to get somewhere, perhaps we could work out a trade?"

Once you pick that line 50 gold is at that moment added to the PC. (since all the places in vanilla cost that or less)

Which then leads to the driver asking where you want to go and lets you pick the destination as always.

After the PC chooses the location, the climb in back and will be off is said. With a new dialogue option to click saying, "ok I am ready" then the NPC gets off the wagon and starts sex and then it goes on like normal. Not sure if you could track it so it would take away the extra gold if one of the cheaper locations where picked or not.

I am just tossing out idea's, this is not something I am likely to ever use. But I can understand how others might so tossing out idea's on possible solutions, no pun intended. :)

This one could actually sort of work, but there are two issues.

Firstly, it's exploitable, as you can just take the 50 gold then walk away without choosing where you want to go. I could make it so the player has to agree to sex first to get the gold, and once the deed is done you can either use the money for the carriage or just leave... but at that point it's literally just trading sex for money, so why not get a mod like Radiant Prostitution and make money for the fare that way?

Secondly, it still doesn't help regarding mod compatibility. The carriage quest doesn't use a shared dialogue tree (if you look at it in the CK, it's basically just the same lines copied over and over for each destination), so adding dialogue hooks means no support for non-vanilla carriages. Additionally, adding gold to the player manually means it probably won't match the actual carriage price if it's customized. My view on this is that if you're using carriages with any degree of frequency, you probably have fast travel disabled, and if you do, you most likely also have a mod that improves the very poor carriage system in Skyrim. Since I can't properly provide support for said mods due to the way Bethesda designed the carriage system, I don't feel that the time spent adding this feature is worth it.

For the first one, well if the person wants to exploit Skyrim they can just use the CC and give themselves gold. So I don't think it being exploitable is really a issue. Since I don't see anyone doing it just to get 50 gold when there is much easier ways to already do that. :)

The second one I agree is a issue and I have no real solution on how to fix it beyond, putting a MCM menu option where it has a slider for how much gold is given when you talk to the driver. So by default it would be set at 50 but could be set up or down. Since the person using the mod would know what the carriages will cost in their game they can set it to what they like. Again this could be exploited but I covered that above. :)

For the first one, well if the person wants to exploit Skyrim they can just use the CC and give themselves gold. So I don't think it being exploitable is really a issue. Since I don't see anyone doing it just to get 50 gold when there is much easier ways to already do that. :)

The second one I agree is a issue and I have no real solution on how to fix it beyond, putting a MCM menu option where it has a slider for how much gold is given when you talk to the driver. So by default it would be set at 50 but could be set up or down. Since the person using the mod would know what the carriages will cost in their game they can set it to what they like. Again this could be exploited but I covered that above. :)

It's not that simple. BFT has 4 price tiers depending on your current location and intended destination. So an MCM would not only need 4 sliders just for BFT support, but also be aware of how BFT calculates the price tier to select based on distance, which brings us back to square 1: Solutions having to pretty much mimic a large part of an existing carriage system. And that's just for the gold issue, the dialogue would still require a dependency to BFT in order to work.

We can keep doing this back-and-forth but I'm pretty sure it won't lead anywhere. :P As far as I can see, the only way to implement this event properly would be to target specific builds with stand-alone add-ons. One add-on for vanilla carriages, another for BFT, etc. But being honest, I have BFT and I can't see myself getting rid of it, so personally I have little to no motivation to develop this for vanilla, since it's content I'd never even be able to use due to incompatibility. And doing an add-on for BFT isn't exactly appealing to me either, due to the carriage quest's design: BFT has 127 dialogue topics that would need to be edited, due to the large number of origin->destination permutations. Each of these topics would need to link to a Solutions dialogue branch, and have a script attached to it so I can keep track of where the player intended to go before the driver declined due to insufficient gold. All this so I can quickly travel to another city without paying? I'd rather just walk! :lol:

Right at the end of the dialogue line it says "he doesnt do it for free( well not that line but along these lines)" cant check it again right now cause i got Exams tomorrow so gotta read.

Anyway when he says that i thought i simply didnt had gold so i opened up the console to test it out by adding 20k septims in my inventory but that didnt help out at all.

Also I do use cutting room floor mod (above post) in case you want know.

Ah. This event has random elements so that's probably why you're getting confused by the hostler's replies. Here's how it works:

When you take the dialogue to buy a horse or dog, and fail because you don't have enough gold, the Solutions dialogue path will show up. If you select it, the hostler's reply is randomized. There are three possible outcomes, and they are as follows:

• Reject player's offer, tell them to come back with gold.
  • Suggest sex with player.
  • Suggest player have sex with the animal they want to buy.

Option 1 always qualifies to be randomly selected, but option 2 and 3 each need to win a coin toss in order to qualify. This means that statistically, the hostler's reply will be gold 50% of the time, human sex 25% of the time, and creature sex 25% of the time.

Why the random elements, you may ask? Well, I like money sinks in my game, and I didn't want this to be a free-pass where you can always make a purchase without spending anything, by simply stashing your gold in a nearby container before talking to the hostler. Though if you really want to get that horse without paying, you could always just be persistent and keep asking the hostler, it shouldn't take more than 2-3 tries for him to give in. :P

This one could actually sort of work, but there are two issues.

Firstly, it's exploitable, as you can just take the 50 gold then walk away without choosing where you want to go. I could make it so the player has to agree to sex first to get the gold, and once the deed is done you can either use the money for the carriage or just leave... but at that point it's literally just trading sex for money, so why not get a mod like Radiant Prostitution and make money for the fare that way?

Secondly, it still doesn't help regarding mod compatibility. The carriage quest doesn't use a shared dialogue tree (if you look at it in the CK, it's basically just the same lines copied over and over for each destination), so adding dialogue hooks means no support for non-vanilla carriages. Additionally, adding gold to the player manually means it probably won't match the actual carriage price if it's customized. My view on this is that if you're using carriages with any degree of frequency, you probably have fast travel disabled, and if you do, you most likely also have a mod that improves the very poor carriage system in Skyrim. Since I can't properly provide support for said mods due to the way Bethesda designed the carriage system, I don't feel that the time spent adding this feature is worth it.

I see now i understand how it works, thanks Wraith :)

How is the "orc plaything" supposed to work in the mod now? Orcs in strongholds actually "say" something to me, from I can tell from the subtitle, but they don't initiate any dialogue. Wasn't that supposed to be a "force greet" type of thing? If I start the dialogue there isn't anything related in the available options. Mind you, I had the "orc plaything" started with the old version of "Solutions".

How is the "orc plaything" supposed to work in the mod now? Orcs in strongholds actually "say" something to me, from I can tell from the subtitle, but they don't initiate any dialogue. Wasn't that supposed to be a "force greet" type of thing? If I start the dialogue there isn't anything related in the available options. Mind you, I had the "orc plaything" started with the old version of "Solutions".

It was never a ForceGreet, it's just that previously there was a script attached to the first (and only) line of dialogue, and since the dialogue type was Blocking, it could be spoken by passing NPCs and inadvertently trigger the script that contains the SexLab code.

The implementation was changed so you have to attempt talking to an Orc and follow the dialogue branch to get to the script that contains the SexLab call, this was made to prevent yanking you out of horses and such. However, since the dialogue still has a set cooldown (8 / 12 / 24 hours, depending on your initial choice), I'm guessing that the cooldown is still being activated when a nearby NPC speaks the line without you actually engaging in dialogue and being presented with the full conversation. The only way to fix this is for me to handle the cooldown via script instead of using the checkboxes in the CK, so that the cooldown only goes into effect after you have sex.

What triggers the OrcFriend solution?  I approach the Orc Strongholds but the options remain the same...?

That one is only available if you're not considered Blood-Kin of the Orcs yet. If you've already completed The Forgemaster's Fingers or any of the quests in this list, then the Solutions event is no longer available, since you're already on good standing with the Orc tribes.

I think the sequence that I had to go through to get the Blood-Kin quest was first visit a stronghold like Dushnikh Yal.  Talk to them and get a quick 'piss off' from one of the orcs, but don't ask them to join or pick up the Forgemaster Fingers quest.  Then go meet another Orc who could make you Blood-Kin (like say here: http://www.uesp.net/wiki/Skyrim:Blood-Kin#Blood-Kin)but don't do their Blood-Kin quest.  There should be a dialogue tree that prompts you to ask about being a plaything.

While we're talking about Orcs in this mod, I was thinking of this suggestion -- Ghorbash the Iron Hand is the only Orc who lives in a stronghold and is marriage-able.  Since the only Stronghold Orc who can marry is the chief, then how about modifying the Bonds of Matrimony misc. quest so that if the PC asks Ghorbash to marry them, Ghorbash tells them that they need the permission of Burguk (his chief and brother).  And Burguk will only give permission if he gets to fuck (or threesome?) the PC first.  Then add another quest goal to talk to Ghorbash after the sex to continue with the marriage timeline.

Alternatively the current condition to get Burguk interested in marriage is simply that you need to convince him to be your follower.  Perhaps you can replace that condition with a new pre-req quest for sleeping with Burguk before Ghorbash gets the marriage dialogue tree?  Something like add a dialogue tree asking about Orcish marriage customs and have him suggest that you need to get Burguk's blessing before even getting an Amulet of Mara.

If this works maybe there are other marriage interrupts?  Sleep with Annekke (or Verner) to get their blessing for marrying Sylgja?  Threesome Mjoll and Aerin before Aerin will let her go be married?  If you marry Vilkas or Farkas, you have to sleep with the other brother to make sure that they don't get jealous?

What triggers the OrcFriend solution?  I approach the Orc Strongholds but the options remain the same...?

That one is only available if you're not considered Blood-Kin of the Orcs yet. If you've already completed The Forgemaster's Fingers or any of the quests in this list, then the Solutions event is no longer available, since you're already on good standing with the Orc tribes.

I told Durak that I would join the Dawnguard, does that count?

I think the sequence that I had to go through to get the Blood-Kin quest was first visit a stronghold like Dushnikh Yal.  Talk to them and get a quick 'piss off' from one of the orcs, but don't ask them to join or pick up the Forgemaster Fingers quest.  Then go meet another Orc who could make you Blood-Kin (like say here: http://www.uesp.net/wiki/Skyrim:Blood-Kin#Blood-Kin)but don't do their Blood-Kin quest.  There should be a dialogue tree that prompts you to ask about being a plaything.

While we're talking about Orcs in this mod, I was thinking of this suggestion -- Ghorbash the Iron Hand is the only Orc who lives in a stronghold and is marriage-able.  Since the only Stronghold Orc who can marry is the chief, then how about modifying the Bonds of Matrimony misc. quest so that if the PC asks Ghorbash to marry them, Ghorbash tells them that they need the permission of Burguk (his chief and brother).  And Burguk will only give permission if he gets to fuck (or threesome?) the PC first.  Then add another quest goal to talk to Ghorbash after the sex to continue with the marriage timeline.

Alternatively the current condition to get Burguk interested in marriage is simply that you need to convince him to be your follower.  Perhaps you can replace that condition with a new pre-req quest for sleeping with Burguk before Ghorbash gets the marriage dialogue tree?  Something like add a dialogue tree asking about Orcish marriage customs and have him suggest that you need to get Burguk's blessing before even getting an Amulet of Mara.

If this works maybe there are other marriage interrupts?  Sleep with Annekke (or Verner) to get their blessing for marrying Sylgja?  Threesome Mjoll and Aerin before Aerin will let her go be married?  If you marry Vilkas or Farkas, you have to sleep with the other brother to make sure that they don't get jealous?

No, because of the red part. I try to keep Solutions as compatible as I can, and editing that quest will very likely break a lot of marriage/divorce mods.

No, it shouldn't count. Try getstage RelationshipOrcs in the console and see what the result is. If it's 10, then you qualify for the Solutions event. If it's 100, you already missed your chance. If it's 0, you can't access it yet, you'll need to find an Orc who won't just shrug you off.

No, it shouldn't count. Try getstage RelationshipOrcs in the console and see what the result is. If it's 10, then you qualify for the Solutions event. If it's 100, you already missed your chance. If it's 0, you can't access it yet, you'll need to find an Orc who won't just shrug you off.

Ok, is has me at 0.  So I'll try to find an Orc that will talk to me.

Edit:

I spoke to Lubruk (bard at Morthal inn), and although he didn't just brush me off, the stage still says 0.  Any other suggestions?

I also just tried talking to the Markarth Blacksmith, and still nothing it is still at 0.

No, because of the red part. I try to keep Solutions as compatible as I can, and editing that quest will very likely break a lot of marriage/divorce mods.

ah!  I hadn't thought of that.  Cheers for the straightforward answer.  I really like the mod, btw.  

Anyone have tips for getting the painted cow world encounter to show up? Trying to do a final test on live conditions I can't get the farmer to show up anywhere. :-/

maybe this helps? it doesn't say that it works for the cow encounter but it says "and more" :) i usualy find the farmer and cow near farms outside whiterun. i just use wait 1 hour until one spawns close

My problem isn't lack of encounters spawning, I get a ton of them! Even got the cow+giant on the road three times already. It's just that I never find the farmer one, probably because I'm running down the roads at jet fighter speed and aren't checking the correct spawn points for it.

For Dawnguard, how about agreeing to become a vampire leads to some rough sexing from Harkon first if you're female?

Could do, but Dawnguard is low priority at the moment.

And I assume most people would prefer DLC content to be made via a separate ESP? Or does everyone have all the DLC these days? :)

Anyone have tips for getting the painted cow world encounter to show up? Trying to do a final test on live conditions I can't get the farmer to show up anywhere. :-/

maybe this helps? it doesn't say that it works for the cow encounter but it says "and more" :) i usualy find the farmer and cow near farms outside whiterun. i just use wait 1 hour until one spawns close

My problem isn't lack of encounters spawning, I get a ton of them! Even got the cow+giant on the road three times already. It's just that I never find the farmer one, probably because I'm running down the roads at jet fighter speed and aren't checking the correct spawn points for it.

For Dawnguard, how about agreeing to become a vampire leads to some rough sexing from Harkon first if you're female?

And I assume most people would prefer DLC content to be made via a separate ESP? Or does everyone have all the DLC these days? :)

I believe the majority of people have all DLC as Skyrim(Legendary Edition has all 3 DLC) was on Sale in steam for more than 10 times.

Yeah, at this point I think for anyone playing Skyrim Dawnguard and Dragonborn are pretty much a given.  :cool:  Just imagine the ton of vampire sex on either main quest lines of Dawnguard. But yes, it's easier to go Skyrim first.

1. A silly one I thought of is that if you're an Imperial soldier (or Stormcloak) and you meet that farmer/whoever is joining the opposite side, you can convince him otherwise. Yes, it's very silly.

2. I also wonder if we could get some guards that recognize you as belonging to the Thieves or Dark Brotherhood (instead of just winking) to threaten to raise the alarm or add a bounty unless you consent to sex. To make it more realistic, you could include a speech check warning said guard of what might happen if he goes ahead.

3. And while I understand that this isn't about adding new encounters in, I wonder if we could add more faction-specific encounters. So if you're a Companion and become a werewolf, Silver-Hand mercs get sent after you in the vanilla game, but instead of attacking you directly they may ask for sex instead. Or a werewolf fetishist exists. Same for vampires and so on.

I believe the majority of people have all DLC as Skyrim(Legendary Edition has all 3 DLC) was on Sale in steam for more than 10 times.

It also cost 3 times as much the base game every time it was. So plenty of us stuck with the base game and play free mod expansions like Falskaar instead of the offical DLCs.

It also cost 3 times as much the base game every time it was. So plenty of us stuck with the base game and play free mod expansions like Falskaar instead of the offical DLCs.

Hasn't the Legendary edition been for sale for less than $10, though? Seems like a very reasonable price, even if you're only buying it for the DLC and not the full package.