SexLab Solutions 5.0.7 (01-December-2017)

Question, with the patches in 3.0.7 version of the mod you no longer need the other patches on their own correct? Just want to be sure.

Yes, you should remove the older LAL / PO patches and use the ones bundled with the mod, since the ESP names have changed and these are the ones I'll update if needed in the future.

Ok I tested and they worked fine now. Though I did run into, I won't say a bug because it's not. More of a minor issue. When I talked to Mikal the bard for the Carlotta quest and asked to go somewhere more private. He wouldn't follow he instead moved to where he normally sings and plays at. I understand this is Skyrim controlling him, but is there a way when you talk to NPC's that it would take them out of their normal sandboxing for the duration?

As I said it is not a big deal, just something I noticed.

Ok I tested and they worked fine now. Though I did run into, I won't say a bug because it's not. More of a minor issue. When I talked to Mikal the bard for the Carlotta quest and asked to go somewhere more private. He wouldn't follow he instead moved to where he normally sings and plays at. I understand this is Skyrim controlling him, but is there a way when you talk to NPC's that it would take them out of their normal sandboxing for the duration?

I've noticed this issue in several mods that involve a temporary follower. If a bard starts playing a song, there's a good chance they'll stop near the bard and start cheering for a bit, after which they'll resume following. It should work the same if your follower is the bard himself, I assume you just have to wait until he finishes the song and his follower package should regain control.

I'm not sure if packages have a priority setting, but I'll see if there's anything I can do to prevent NPCs from getting temporarily stuck.

I found a new quest for solution (with quick serach i dont find a suggestion).

No News is Good News

It should possible to persuade Captain Aldis with sex

I'm not sure sex is a substitute for every persuate/intimidate check, especially this one.  Trying to get on the good side of the Battleborns in Whiterun when looking for the Greymane guy that is missing, sure... but this?

Might be more fitting for a short Amorous Adventures quest line, but adding in a "but there might have been some prisoners taken" line and an option to find and seduce a guard or bribe someone for a jail key, and getting some soldiers freed.

Version 3.0.8 released.

- Fixed an issue where the dialogue "You drugged and raped me!" would be available when encountering a skooma dealer, if the player had been raped in a previous encounter of the same type and hadn't accused the skooma dealer.
- Vampire children no longer have the vampire event dialogue, as they are not valid framework actors.
- Dialogue to become a vampire is no longer available if you're already infected with Sanguinare Vampiris but haven't become a vampire yet.

I've noticed this issue in several mods that involve a temporary follower. If a bard starts playing a song, there's a good chance they'll stop near the bard and start cheering for a bit, after which they'll resume following. It should work the same if your follower is the bard himself, I assume you just have to wait until he finishes the song and his follower package should regain control.

I'm not sure if packages have a priority setting, but I'll see if there's anything I can do to prevent NPCs from getting temporarily stuck.

I use the Bards only play on request mod to stop this happening.

http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/29968/?tab=1&navtag=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.nexusmods.com%2Fskyrim%2Fajax%2Fmoddescription%2F%3Fid%3D29968%26preview%3D&pUp=1

Will installing this on top of the old one work?

I'm gonna go out on a limb and assume the reason you even have to ask that is because you're not using a mod manager and would have to remove the files from V2 manually. How you take care of your game is up to you, but there's really no reason to be modding without a manager unless you like unnecessary headaches.

To answer your question: while I seriously advise against just overwriting the files, the mod itself probably won't break if you do that. However, you are going to be left with a bunch of deprecated scripts in your Skyrim install, which may still be referenced by your save and cause problems if you were previously running Solutions V2 on it. This is going to be even more prevalent in the future, as there are around 80 or so scripts in 3.0.8 that are no longer being used and will be deleted in upcoming versions.

Have you considered adding a feature for "paying carriage drivers with something else"?

I'm not sure how feasible this is as it involves fast travel, which would have to be triggered after the SexLab scene to make any sense. If I can manipulate the location alias that the carriage reads from when you hop on, I might be able to pull it off.

Have you considered adding a feature for "paying carriage drivers with something else"?

I'm not sure how feasible this is as it involves fast travel, which would have to be triggered after the SexLab scene to make any sense. If I can manipulate the location alias that the carriage reads from when you hop on, I might be able to pull it off.

Perhaps a better way would be, you talk to the driver, select the place you want to go. Talk to him again and you now have a option to pay with sex. You do the deed and solutions just gifts the player the amount of gold as it would take to go to the location. Then when the character climbs in back and the gold is removed, they have the same gold left as before. If that makes sense.

Uthgerd is the same, you also need to meet her then leave and come back later, before "You think you can take me on?" shows up.

That's weird... if I have a character that I think can beat her in a fist fight, I usually do it when I first encounter her when she's outside of Whiterun talking to the horse trader mentioning the "jester down the road with the broken wagon wheel". After they finish their conversation and she starts walking towards Whiterun is usually when I initiate dialogue and choose the brawl option to make a quick 100 septims. Maybe that's a special circumstance since she's not in her usual spot of either being in the Bannered Mare or in her home? No clue.

You don't fast travel until you step onto the wagon... I think the gold is taken when you do step onto it though you'd have to somehow cue a free ride... sounds like more trouble than it's worth though, especially since many people use mods like "Better Fast Travel - Carriages and Ships" or "Touring Carriages". There's also the issue that the carriage driver might become bugged if he's pulled off of the carriage for a sex scene (I've never tried so I'm not sure).

If I'm not mistaken, the game checks if you have enough gold to pay *after* you picked up a location and if you don't have enough gold drivers say that they wouldn't take you there for free. You can change it so that instead of saying that, they could ask for sex and if you agree then sex starts immediately (or they may start following you instead until you find a good place) and after that you both get on the carriage and fast travel as usual, but without any gold reduction. Doing it after the fast travel sounds a bit problematic.

Perhaps a better way would be, you talk to the driver, select the place you want to go. Talk to him again and you now have a option to pay with sex. You do the deed and solutions just gifts the player the amount of gold as it would take to go to the location. Then when the character climbs in back and the gold is removed, they have the same gold left as before. If that makes sense.

It does make sense, but the carriage won't update to the intended target destination if you're lacking gold, you'll just get the "don't do charity" dialogue. If I edit the carriage quest to address that problem, then Solutions becomes incompatible with travel mods like BFT Carriages, which I do use. And even if a compatibility patch were to be made for these mods, there would still be issues due to variable carriage costs and new travel locations, as well as new carriage NPCs not present in vanilla.

I can't figure out a solution that isn't overly convoluted, so I won't be doing anything for carriages. If you can't afford a carriage, try sexing the hostler for a horse, Solutions does have an event for that. :P

On a vaguely related note, I noticed while poking around the carriage quest that Bethesda initially intended carriages to be something completely different than just a redundant fast travel method. You'd actually sit and travel in the carriage instead of just teleport to the destination, and you could ask the driver to make stops at certain towns. Sometimes the carriage would even be ambushed by bandits along the way.

That's weird... if I have a character that I think can beat her in a fist fight, I usually do it when I first encounter her when she's outside of Whiterun talking to the horse trader mentioning the "jester down the road with the broken wagon wheel". After they finish their conversation and she starts walking towards Whiterun is usually when I initiate dialogue and choose the brawl option to make a quick 100 septims. Maybe that's a special circumstance since she's not in her usual spot of either being in the Bannered Mare or in her home? No clue.

I can't explain that. All I know is that if you coc WhiterunBanneredMare from the main menu and try speaking to her, the option isn't there until you go for a long walk and come back.

I've never seen Uthgerd outside of Whiterun though... but maybe I was just too distracted by the giant to notice. :P

Is it not possible to add a completely separate dialogue tree for carriage drivers which is basically a copy of the vanilla dialogue but only appears when the player has no gold? Something like this maybe...

PC - I'd like to hire your carriage, but I don't have any gold?

Driver - Where do you want to go?

PC - <Chooses destination>

Driver - I can take you there if you <asks for random sex>

PC - <Accepts/Refuses>

<Start sex if PC has accepted>

<Instant fast travel to destination selected above, as soon as the animation has finished> (You don't have get on the carriage)

Something like this can also be used to pay trainers with sex, so that you wouldn't have to use a separate mod. You'd improve one skill by one per fuck.

I've never seen Uthgerd outside of Whiterun though... but maybe I was just too distracted by the giant to notice. :P

That's actually another mod called Cutting Room Floor that has that restored scene.  If you don't have that mod, or if you have the mod but you have already met Cicero outside the farm, then you'll never see that scene.

I can't explain that. All I know is that if you coc WhiterunBanneredMare from the main menu and try speaking to her, the option isn't there until you go for a long walk and come back.

I wonder if this related to the issue noted in ASLAL (Alt Start Live another Life) where if you choose one of the starts where you own a house in the city, most of the quests for the inhabitants of that city won't start until you leave the city and come back later.

Is it not possible to add a completely separate dialogue tree for carriage drivers which is basically a copy of the vanilla dialogue but only appears when the player has no gold? Something like this maybe...

PC - I'd like to hire your carriage, but I don't have any gold?

Driver - Where do you want to go?

PC - <Chooses destination>

Driver - I can take you there if you <asks for random sex>

PC - <Accepts/Refuses>

<Start sex if PC has accepted>

<Instant fast travel to destination selected above, as soon as the animation has finished> (You don't have get on the carriage)

Something like this can also be used to pay trainers with sex, so that you wouldn't have to use a separate mod. You'd improve one skill by one per fuck.

The problem is just that, it has to be a copy. The dialogue system for the carriage quest is built in a way that I can't re-use any of the existing data. I'd have to re-create the entire dialogue, conditions, scripts, etc, (which are unique for every NPC and requested destination, for some reason) and handle pretty much everything in Solutions when the player picks the "I have no gold" option. This essentially amounts to me creating my own carriage mod from scratch and including it in Solutions, which, given the scope of the mod, seems a bit overkill. And since it's all hard-coded, forget about mod compatibility: the most I could do is identify if an NPC is a carriage driver from a mod (provided they're in the correct faction) and add the dialogue to them too, but I'd still have no way of knowing what destinations that mod provides, so they'd be limited to the vanilla options.

At Whiterun stables the npc Skulvar Sable-Hilt( horse-master who you talk to buy the horse), the sex scene doesnt work even thought i have enough gold to buy the horse that way.

At which point is it not working, specifically? Right at the end where sex is supposed to start, or is the problem in the dialogue options?

That's actually another mod called Cutting Room Floor that has that restored scene.  If you don't have that mod, or if you have the mod but you have already met Cicero outside the farm, then you'll never see that scene.

I installed it once, but after looking at the TES5Edit conflicts with my other mods, I decided maybe it wasn't worth it. Does it really have that much content?

I installed it once, but after looking at the TES5Edit conflicts with my other mods, I decided maybe it wasn't worth it. Does it really have that much content?

Ah yeah, I just noticed that and was going to comment on that but I was beaten to it. CRF adds a lot of little scenes like that which were in the code but unimplemented for whatever reason. I've had CRF in my mod list so long I forget sometimes what it's added and what wasn't in the game already. Heh.

There are a couple quests in it that would be cool to see Solutions tackle though. There's an added quest in Winterhold College where one high elf mage lady wants you to steal some research notes from the other high elf mage lady, which seems like a good opportunity to bed one (or both of them) to finish the quest. The dialogue scene with those guys in the Ratway was implemented by CRF also... so it may be that having CRF wouldn't be a hard mod requirement... because the dialogues are in the base game, just unused without CRF activating them.

Oh and if you're curious here's a mod preview video for CRF that touches on the stuff added:

At Whiterun stables the npc Skulvar Sable-Hilt( horse-master who you talk to buy the horse), the sex scene doesnt work even thought i have enough gold to buy the horse that way.

At which point is it not working, specifically? Right at the end where sex is supposed to start, or is the problem in the dialogue options?

Right at the end of the dialogue line it says "he doesnt do it for free( well not that line but along these lines)" cant check it again right now cause i got Exams tomorrow so gotta read.

Anyway when he says that i thought i simply didnt had gold so i opened up the console to test it out by adding 20k septims in my inventory but that didnt help out at all.

Also I do use cutting room floor mod (above post) in case you want know.