Just noticed this has some form of cloak spell effect in MCM.

What does that do?

Can I safely disable it?

Thanks.

The cloak scans periodically your surroundings to detect any creatures so that the mod can add for them the ability to become aroused - or generally speaking, switch models.  It's necessary for creature framework to work properly, but you can disable it without any permanent consequences - the mod will work properly once you enable it again.

Ok.

I'm not worried about creatures or NPC's arousal levels - the only arousal I need to track is the player.

Creature Framework is there as a part of Defeat's functionality and should therefore be triggered independent of the creature's arousal but as a result of combat.

However, this does mean I don't want to disable creature framework entirely, and if this cloak effect is needed for it to function then I should probably reenable it!

Ok.

I'm not worried about creatures or NPC's arousal levels - the only arousal I need to track is the player.

Creature Framework is there as a part of Defeat's functionality and should therefore be triggered independent of the creature's arousal but as a result of combat.

However, this does mean I don't want to disable creature framework entirely, and if this cloak effect is needed for it to function then I should probably reenable it!

If you want defeat to trigger sexlab scene with creature, and want the creature to use the 'aroused when having sex' (become erect for sex scenes), then yes you'll need the cloak for CF to find the creatures in order to apply that ability for them.

I think someone might have experienced this but, when I installed Creature Framework it works fine.

Only problem is I have to start a new game for it tor register in the MCM menu. Is there any possible way for it to register on an old game/save?

Any suggestion would be appreciated, thank you.

I think someone might have experienced this but, when I installed Creature Framework it works fine.

Only problem is I have to start a new game for it tor register in the MCM menu. Is there any possible way for it to register on an old game/save?

Usually when you open the MCM mod list, then close it and wait for a while in game, it'll register.  If not, you can force re-registering mods with console command:

setstage ski_configmanagerinstance 1

Usually when you open the MCM mod list, then close it and wait for a while in game, it'll register.  If not, you can force re-registering mods with console command:

setstage ski_configmanagerinstance 1

Tried this and waited 5 mins, as well as the setstage but still doesn't show up. Tried a new game and it worked yet I don't want to start over after putting so much time in this save. Thanks for your response though.

Tried this and waited 5 mins, as well as the setstage but still doesn't show up. Tried a new game and it worked yet I don't want to start over after putting so much time in this save. Thanks for your response though.

That does sound like something's messed up in the save, 5 minutes should have been plenty of time.  Only thing left that comes to mind is to try uninstalling, doing cleansave, and reinstalling.

1 - make a new save

2 - use save cleaner from http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/52363/? to remove anything related to creature framework from that save

3 - uncheck CF from mod organizer (or otherwise uninstall it)

4 - load the cleaned save, wait for a few minutes, then make another new save (this is the 'cleansave')

5 - reinstall CF, start game and load the 'cleansave'

On part '4' you'd normally wait until the MCM menu for the mod has disappeared from the list.. but since it's not there to begin with.. just waiting a few minutes should be fine.

the 'remove anything related' in part 2, in more detail...

- load the save with save cleaner

- click 'mod editor' button.  from the list that opens, select "creatureFramework.esm"

- click 'delete selected mods forms' and 'delete selected mods scripts'

- close the 'mods' page, on the main page use the 'scripts' search box (upper left) to look for any leftover scripts:

+ type the script names into box one at time and see if it finds any scripts by that name - if it does, select the scripts and click 'delete selected'

+ do this to each of the scripts:

CFConfigMenu

CFDebug

CFEffect

cfquest

creatureframework

- click 'fix script instances'

- click 'delete all #'

- click 'clean other'

- click 'save' to save the modified savefile

You can find the script names from creature framework's data/scripts folder (you can use similar procedure to clean some other mod out of savefile)

Note that if you are using mod organizer, the saves are under mod organizer's install directory: (Mod Organizer)/profiles/[your profilename]/saves/

That does sound like something's messed up in the save, 5 minutes should have been plenty of time.  Only thing left that comes to mind is to try uninstalling, doing cleansave, and reinstalling.

1 - make a new save

2 - use save cleaner from http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/52363/? to remove anything related to creature framework from that save

3 - uncheck CF from mod organizer (or otherwise uninstall it)

4 - load the cleaned save, wait for a few minutes, then make another new save (this is the 'cleansave')

5 - reinstall CF, start game and load the 'cleansave'

On part '4' you'd normally wait until the MCM menu for the mod has disappeared from the list.. but since it's not there to begin with.. just waiting a few minutes should be fine.

the 'remove anything related' in part 2, in more detail...

- load the save with save cleaner

- click 'mod editor' button.  from the list that opens, select "creatureFramework.esm"

- click 'delete selected mods forms' and 'delete selected mods scripts'

- close the 'mods' page, on the main page use the 'scripts' search box (upper left) to look for any leftover scripts:

+ type the script names into box one at time and see if it finds any scripts by that name - if it does, select the scripts and click 'delete selected'

+ do this to each of the scripts:

CFConfigMenu

CFDebug

CFEffect

cfquest

creatureframework

- click 'fix script instances'

- click 'delete all #'

- click 'clean other'

- click 'save' to save the modified savefile

You can find the script names from creature framework's data/scripts folder (you can use similar procedure to clean some other mod out of savefile)

Note that if you are using mod organizer, the saves are under mod organizer's install directory: (Mod Organizer)/profiles/[your profilename]/saves/

Wow thanks, just did exactly as you said and now Creature Framework is installed with the mcm menu as well.

By the way, I also had to delete some other mod scripts and forms with the mod editor since Sexlab Werewolves, Sexlab Nude Creatures and Hentai Creatures was dependent on Framework. But now I just reinstalled Framework after my 'Cleansave' was made and now it works!

(Gonna reinstall those other mods now)

Cheers!

Wow thanks, just did exactly as you said and now Creature Framework is installed with the mcm menu as well.

By the way, I also had to delete some other mod scripts and forms with the mod editor since Sexlab Werewolves, Sexlab Nude Creatures and Hentai Creatures was dependent on Framework. But now I just reinstalled Framework after my 'Cleansave' was made and now it works!

(Gonna reinstall those other mods now)

Cheers!

Excellent!  Glad I could help.

Sorry if it's out of place here but can anybody tell me which mods I need to get goats and deer anims working? (neither work in vanilla sexlab) - only interested in those two.

Assuming you mean creature-biped animations, not creature-creature:

- SKSE and papyrus util

- sexlab http://www.loverslab.com/files/file/150-skyrim-sexlab-sex-animation-framework-v162-updated-jun-3rd-2016/

- more nasty critters http://www.loverslab.com/files/file/1140-more-nasty-critters/

- also check for updates mentioned on MNC page, and install them AFTER MNC (nude creatures, creature framework, jcontainers)

- XPMSE skeleton http://www.loverslab.com/files/file/676-xp32-maximum-skeleton-extended-xpmse/

- FNIS and it's creature add-on http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/11811/?

- any additional requirements for above, listed in each mod's download pages

- not necessary, but http://www.loverslab.com/files/file/2658-bad-dogs-vanilla-critters/ has update for deer/elk

You'll also need something to actually start the animations.  Sexlab matchmaker http://www.loverslab.com/files/file/163-sexlab-matchmaker-updated-09172014/ is the most simple (and highly reliable) option for testing animations.  Scent of Sex http://www.loverslab.com/files/file/3037-scent-of-sex/ is probably the most feature-rich option.

If you meant creature-on-creature animations, have a look at http://www.loverslab.com/files/file/2436-horny-creatures-of-skyrim/ but be warned, it's going to be non-trivial to get them to work.  Ignore the idea on that page to not use mod managers, unless you know with certainty what mods you want, know with certainty which order they need to be installed, and know that you will never install more or update any of them (or plan to reinstall everything, including skyrim itself, when you do).  Otherwise, I'd recommend Mod Organizer for mod manager.

• 2 weeks later...

Sorry if it's out of place here but can anybody tell me which mods I need to get goats and deer anims working? (neither work in vanilla sexlab) - only interested in those two.

I'm also having issues with those two. MatchMaker tells me the spell fizzled, and the log shows " SEXLAB - NOTICE: ValidateActor(xxx) -- FALSE -- They are a creature type that is currently not supported " with the xxx being Goat. Elk, Deer as applicable.

Tracking back through the scripts doesn't get me far as I hit native functions and can't dive into the dll's. I assume a JContainers query failed under the covers.

Is there something helpful to look for in the logs for a failure of AddRaceID to register "Deers" (sic) or "Goats"? Or a console command to view the content?

Because More Nasty Creatures overlaps with the Creature Framework itself in building these, it's hard to tell if the RaceKey was built by one or the other.

I'm also having issues with those two. MatchMaker tells me the spell fizzled, and the log shows " SEXLAB - NOTICE: ValidateActor(xxx) -- FALSE -- They are a creature type that is currently not supported " with the xxx being Goat. Elk, Deer as applicable.

Tracking back through the scripts doesn't get me far as I hit native functions and can't dive into the dll's. I assume a JContainers query failed under the covers.

Is there something helpful to look for in the logs for a failure of AddRaceID to register "Deers" (sic) or "Goats"? Or a console command to view the content?

Because More Nasty Creatures overlaps with the Creature Framework itself in building these, it's hard to tell if the RaceKey was built by one or the other.

deer/elk and goats are added by MNC

(and try Rebuilding/reloading the Animation Registry.)

KNOWN_RACES = {
    #
    # Races added by SexLab Framework
    #
    "Bears": "bear",
    "SabreCats": "sabrecat",
    "Chaurus": "chaurus",
    "Dragons": "dragon",
    "Draugrs": "draugr",
    "Falmers": "falmer",
    "Giants": "giant",
    "Horses": "horse",
    "Spiders": "frostbitespider",
    "LargeSpiders": "frostbitespider",
    "Trolls": "troll",
    "Werewolves": "werewolfbeast",
    "Wolves": "canine",
    "Dogs": "canine",
    "VampireLords": "vampirelord",
    "Gargoyles": "dlc01/vampirebrute",
    "Rieklings": "dlc02/riekling",
    "Seekers": "dlc02/hmdaedra",
    "Lurkers": "dlc02/benthiclurker",
    "Spriggans": "spriggan",
    "FlameAtronach": "atronachflame",
    "Skeevers": "skeever",
    # It looks like SexLab has a typo in the race IDs:
    # It registers it as "Chkickens".
    # MNC registers a correct version.
    "Chkickens": "ambient/chicken",
    #
    # Races added by MoreNastyCritters v10
    #
    "Horkers": "horker",
    "Chickens": "ambient/chicken",
    "Rabbits": "ambient/hare",
    "Wispmothers": "wisp",
    "SprigganXan": "spriggan",
    "DragonPriests": "dragonpriest",
    "Werewolfpanic": "werewolfbeast",
    "Deers": "deer",
    "Hagravens": "hagraven",
    "Dogpanic": "canine",
    "Wolfpanic": "canine",
    "Boars": "dlc02/boarriekling",
    "Ashhoppers": "dlc02/scrib",
    "Netches": "dlc02/netch",
    "Cows": "cow",
    "Goats": "goat",
    "Mammoths": "mammoth",
    "DwarvenCenturions": "DwarvenSteamCenturion",
    "Chaurusflyers": "dlc01/chaurusflyer",
    "Horses": "Horse",
    "DwarvenSpiders": "dwarvenspider",
    "FrostAtronach": "atronachfrost",
    "Slaughterfishes": "slaughterfish",
    "DwarvenSpheres": "dwarvenspherecenturion",
    "DwarvenBallistas": "dlc02\dwarvenballistacenturion",
}

I have them working in a new game, which suggest forcing that rebuild in the first one will fix it. What's the best way to do that? Console command? SLAL MCM?

go to SLAL or SexLab's MCM and click on Rebuild Animation Registry, unpause the game and Wait a Minute for the registry to reset, then re-enable the animations in SLAL and make sure you click on the add to registry button.

I have progress, but it's two steps forward and one step back. Elk now validates as a race, but I get:

[CF][Creature] Not equipping aroused armour on ["Elk" [Actor < (0300BB89)>]]; there is no aroused armour; gender=1

The formID for the "arousedArmor" in the json checks out with the installed esp, so there's something else failing to link up. Nif looks good in NifSkope, but that doesn't always mean the game will accept it.

I have progress, but it's two steps forward and one step back. Elk now validates as a race, but I get:

[CF][Creature] Not equipping aroused armour on ["Elk" [Actor < (0300BB89)>]]; there is no aroused armour; gender=1

The formID for the "arousedArmor" in the json checks out with the installed esp, so there's something else failing to link up. Nif looks good in NifSkope, but that doesn't always mean the game will accept it.

go to the Creature Framework MCM and click on "Re-register all mods", then unpause the game and Wait a Minute.

Hi all. Can anyone help with that sort of problem:

I installed CF 1.1.0 , but it still not appears in MCM menu. I was trying all , what could find on inet...Only in "new game" i can find CF menu in MCM. So question is: what can I do for register the CF mod in my old saves? Or there only one solution - start new game? ((

Thanks and sorry for my bad eng..

UPD: SexLab Nude Creatures said "Creatures framework version: 1.1.0", but still dont have CF menu in MCM (Old saves)

Hi all. Can anyone help with that sort of problem:

I installed CF 1.1.0 , but it still not appears in MCM menu. I was trying all , what could find on inet...Only in "new game" i can find CF menu in MCM. So question is: what can I do for register the CF mod in my old saves? Or there only one solution - start new game? ((

Thanks and sorry for my bad eng..

UPD: SexLab Nude Creatures said "Creatures framework version: 1.1.0", but still dont have CF menu in MCM (Old saves)

"Creature Framework API reference not found. Make a clean save and try again" error and/or the MCM for Creature Framework is missing:

you need to install the .bsa file from Sexlab Aroused to fix this problem.

http://www.loverslab.com/files/file/1421-sexlab-aroused-redux-10-august-2016/

or your JContainers are not up to date

http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/49743/?

• 3 weeks later...

1.1.0-pre2 has a problem with sexlab gender detection. In short, apparently sexlab was originally meant to use creature genders as: 2 = unknown, 3 = male, 4 = female - which is what creature framework expects.  However the real values returned (probably for compatibility reasons) are 2 = unknown/male, 3 = female.  So the result is CF will tag every female creature as male, and every male as unknown - which will probably default to male as well.

This will essentially make all female creatures unreliable or nonfunctional.  You may be able to work around it by using 'skyrim gender' instead of sexlab, but that won't fix all of the issues.  I wrote a patch that I've been using for a while, and which seems to fix the issue:

CFE_1_1_0_pre2_ONLY.7z

Please keep in mind that this will work ONLY for the 1.1.0-pre2 version.  Using it on any other version will break creature framework.

Source code is included in the file - you should be able to simply load it up after CF on mod organizer.  If you've already used the 1.1.0-pre2 then it's possible female creatures you've previously encountered may have been tagged as male (you should be able to see this if you look at them on puppeteer page of CF MCM menu).  In that case you'll need to reset the overrides, easiest way may be to use the uninstall option on the MCM, but I'm really not sure about that.  You can always reset individual creatures manually on the puppeteer.

Also, since this patch was written by me, if you use it and it breaks something - don't complain to Ep1cL3w7z about it, complain to me. :dodgy:  If CF doesn't work with the patch installed, always assume first it's something wrong with the patch, and remove it - and test things without it.

In general:

1) make a save before installing the patch

2) if something doesn't work after installing the patch - remove the patch and load the save you made in 1)

Removing the patch is easy if you use mod organizer - just install it as separate 'mod', without merging it with CF (merging would overwrite and delete the original script).  You can then simply uncheck/remove the patch from MO to restore things as they were.  If you aren't using MO, then I'll assume you know how to handle installing/uninstalling with your setup.

In practice it just makes a small change to couple functions in one script, and it -should- be fine to just install/uninstall it on the fly.

-- edit --

I originally did this to make SSX work with creature-on-creature animations (e.g. horny dragons / horny creatures mod animations) and "MC" animations (male mer / female creature), but after reading on BDSIC add-on, realized it'll affect female draugrs too, so decided to post it here.  Note that since draugr strap-ons are a full model swap (it works same as male aroused models), they'll swap to strap-on skin any time they are part of scene, or any time the swap triggers from arousal limit.  This means if they were ever in 'female position' of animation, they'd still swap to strap-on since the swap is independent of actual animation (this is equally true for any other aroused creature models, both male and female).

CF will sort of work even without this patch, if creature gender is defined on skyrim, and 'nude armor' defined for the creature has both male and female models - because CF could use the same armor regardless of if it thinks the creature is male or female, and skyrim would then use the model based on it's own understanding of creature's gender.  For the same reason, a female nude armor for a creature that's normally defined as "male" on skyrim (e.g. wolf) would need to use the female model for male armor (and also for female armor), for skyrim to properly wear it on creature it counts as male.  This is only in regards for the actual nude armor - the .json definition would then just use different armor model for male and female creatures.

In case of draugr the gender is defined on skyrim (at least on draugr I was testing this with), so armor replacer should work regardless of what CF thinks. However I didn't find a way to select the model separately for male and female creature of same species - for example for draugr, use SNC model for male and BDSIC model for female (since SNC doesn't have female version) of the same draugr species (not really a big issue as long as the mod is set to handle both genders).

e.g.:

1) for a creature that's normally always male in skyrim (e.g. wolf, horse, skeever)This will also work for creature that has both genders (like draugr) if CF recognizes the gender correctly - in other words should always work.  Also this will allow CF full control regarding which creatures it'll show as male and which ones female (e.g. randomize population):

.json:

arousedArmorMale: armor1(skyrim)

arousedArmorFemale: armor2(skyrim)

normalArmorMale: armor3(skyrim) (or can be null)

normalArmorFemale: armor4(skyrim) (or can be null)

armor1(skyrim):

skyrim male model = aroused_male.nif

skyrim female model = aroused_male.nif

armor2(skyrim):

skyrim male model = aroused_female.nif

skyrim female model = aroused_female.nif

armor3(skyrim) (if used):

skyrim male model = normal_male.nif

skyrim female model = normal_male.nif

armor4(skyrim) (if used):

skyrim male model = normal_female.nif

skyrim female model = normal_female.nif

2) Only for a creature that has both genders defined in skyrim, e.g. draugr (this will NOT work for creatures that have only male gender defined in skyrim, e.g. skeever).  Also this will not allow CF to control which creatures to show as male and which ones as female - creatures will always show as the gender they are defined in skyrim (in case of creatures like skeever, they will always be male even if you try to randomize or override them in CF).  This is also the way it had to be done prior to CF becoming "gender-aware", and as such, the way BDSIC draugr models are built - meaning with current version (BDSIC 1.11) you can't randomize draugr genders:

.json:

arousedArmorMale: armor1(skyrim)

arousedArmorFemale: armor1(skyrim)

normalArmorMale: armor2(skyrim) (or can be null)

normalArmorFemale: armor2(skyrim) (or can be null)

armor1(skyrim):

skyrim male model = aroused_male.nif

skyrim female model = aroused_female.nif

armor1(skyrim) (if used):

skyrim male model = normal_male.nif

skyrim female model = normal_female.nif

The 'male fallback' option in MCM seems to be essentially a compatibility option for 'old format' (case #2 where the *ArmorFemale are not defined), allowing that kind of setting still work.

This and immersive horses don't play nice, the old fix someone figured out a year ago obviously doesn't work now either, with updates and everything. =w=

have you tried the Compatibility kit from MNCv10?

http://www.loverslab.com/files/file/4130-more-nasty-critters-slal-edition/

Ah, there we go, seems to work, apart from a missing texture for the horse sheath, not game breaking at least. Updated this mod a while back, but haven't played Skyrim for a while either, so never knew of the capability patches existence. Much thanks to you btw. Haven't entirely tested it, but will when I have time next.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi, I recently upgraded to the latest Creature Framework version, but it seems that Giants have no 'aroused' state model, but the model existed in the previous version. When I check the Creature list in the MCM, Giants are listed as 'disabled' because it says there are no mods for it. I also updated my MNC to the latest version at the same time, if that helps.

Creature Framework is above MNC in my load order. I also downloaded Bad Dog's pack and Horny Werewolves to see if they will be registered in the Creature Framework, and they did, but I'm not sure where the Giant models went.

Help would be appreciated, thank you!