Skyrim crashs on loading-starting a new game.

Saga_sama

Hello everyone,i hope you are all doing well!

As for the problem,while modding skyrim i ran into an issue where the game won't launch,so i uninstalled and reinstalled all the mods and now it runs...however the game crashes whenever i load my previous files it says "This save relies on content that is no longer present. Some objects may no longer be available. Continue loading?" and then it crashes, and when i start a new game it crashes at the loading screen.

I used TES5 to check the load order and it doesn't give me any errors,so i have no clue what to do, and i used Boss and it also showed nothing wrong. I had typed the mod list but for some reason everything i wrote ended up in the same line with no space......i'll post them in a seperate post if the issue is fixed.

My mod list in case it helps.

Recognized plugin:

Skyrim.esm Active

Update.esm Active

Bash Tag suggestion(s): {{BASH: Delev, Relev}}

Contains dirty edits: 92 ITM, 3 UDR records. Needs TES5Edit cleaning. A cleaning guide is available here.

Unofficial Skyrim Patch.esp Version 2.0.8a Active

Note: It is highly recommended that you also use the Unofficial Dawnguard Patch.

Note: It is highly recommended that you also use the Unofficial Hearthfire Patch.

Note: It is highly recommended that you also use the Unofficial Dragonborn Patch.

Dawnguard.esm Active

Contains dirty edits: 619 ITM, 82 UDR records. Needs TES5Edit cleaning. A cleaning guide is available here.

HearthFires.esm Active

Contains dirty edits: 184 ITM, 11 UDR records. Needs TES5Edit cleaning. A cleaning guide is available here.

Dragonborn.esm Active

Contains dirty edits: 61 ITM, 8 UDR records. Needs TES5Edit cleaning. A cleaning guide is available here.

ApachiiHair.esm Version 1.4 Active

ApachiiHairFemales.esm Version 1.4 Active

RaceCompatibility.esm Active

AP Skyrim.esm Active

BodyTypes.esm Active

XFLMain.esm Active

Note: For safe mod uninstall see special uninstallation instructions on mod page.

HighResTexturePack01.esp Active

HighResTexturePack02.esp Active

HighResTexturePack03.esp Active

SkyUI.esp Version 4.1 Active

Remodeled Armor - Vanilla Replacer.esp Active

Remodeled Armor - Vanilla Replacer - Dawnguard.esp Active

Remodeled Armor - Vanilla Replacer - Dragonborn.esp Active

zz_GDRAHoods.esp Active

Serana No Hood.esp Active

ASX_Spells.esp Active

SGEyebrows.esp Active

TheEyesOfBeauty.esp Version 9 Active

XFLDialogue.esp Active

XFLPlugins.esp Active

SBF All In One + DLC.esp Active

Tauriel The Hobbit.esp Active

Contains dirty edits: 1 ITM, 0 UDR records. Needs TES5Edit cleaning. A cleaning guide is available here.

AsharaErinFollower.esp Active

BTRH_Arielle.esp Active

BTRH_Elhaym.esp Active

BTRH_Nei.esp Active

BTRH_Sonja.esp Active

BTRH_Tullia.esp Active

Celestine.esp Active

Chaconne.esp Active

DanarielStormbow.esp Active

Hanali.esp Active

JessicaAlba.esp Active

Kamille.esp Active

Kate.esp Active

LC2013.esp Active

MBWS Followers II.esp Active

MindiFollower.esp Active

Sapphire.esp Active

Sara.esp Active

Six Beautiful Followers Standalone.esp Active

Zt_followers.esp Active

CharacterMakingExtender.esp Active

EnhancedCharacterEdit.esp Active

Facelight.esp Active

DudestiaMultiMarriages.esp Active

Unrecognized plugins:

RSkyrimChildren.esm Active

Inn Girls Resources.esm Active

Sabrina.esp Active

Alyndra.esp Active

FollowerAsmodea.esp Active

BTRH_Waifu.esp Active

DajiaNingheimFollower.esp Active

DF_Dianest.esp Active

ElvenSisters.esp Active

Elwyn - YuiH StandAlone Follower.esp Active

Agatha Follower.esp Active

Follower - Ulrica.esp Active

Yeriel Follower.esp Active

Marie.esp Active

Followers of Aber.esp Active

GCE Follower All In One.esp Active

GCE NPCs Replacer.esp Active

Karyssa Althera.esp Active

LarmirFollower.esp Active

SSelsa.esp Active

SSanna.esp Active

BTRH_Sirisha.esp Active

SofiaFollower.esp Active

The Wenches Wardrobe.esp Version 1.1 Active

FollowerSha.esp Active

RSChildren - Complete.esp Active

RSChildren_PatchUSKP.esp Active

Immersive Wenches.esp Active

Saves are load order sensitive they also need the same mods installed as well if you do not have those mods installed that you had installed when you made that save then you can crash. Wrye bash can be used to see what the save had for installed mods and it will also show you the load order that those mods were installed in for that save file.

I'am no expert but if i'am correct your using multiple follower mods, Sky Kids, ECE and BodyTypes ...

sorry i would say what's asking for trouble.You have many sources that play with the skeleton and even if you reinstall the skeleton it most likely will break some dependencies for your follower mods.. also ECE and BodyTypes are a hell of trouble generators on my games, i got rid of it and only use RaceMenu that reduced my crahses a lot.

Thanks guys for the help, i tried everything mentioned (used Loot to make sure there is no load order issue, used TES5edit to clean the mods that needed cleaning and made sure to use Wrye to see what mods i need for the save file and reinstalled them).

And while i no longer get the " "This save relies on content that is no longer present. Some OBJECTS may no longer be available. Continue loading?" Message when loading a saved game..the game still crashes at the loading screen.

And i do not believe it's a savefile issue since it crashes when i start a new game too.

Yeah that is indeed what happens,it always crashes in the loading screen.

Ok then it is not a load order or missing master file causing it then. My guess since it is happening on new games as well that you have some kind of mod conflict but I really have no idea how you could tell which one it is.

What was the last mod you updated or installed before it started happening? that is likely the cause.

I know this issue has already been solved but for anyone else who might take a look at this:I had a lot of saves and installed few mods and after that he game started CTDing when you start a new game (don't remember if it also did that on save load). I disabled the new mods and crashing still continued. Then I moved all my saves into another folder and then it suddently started working.

That's the thing, I didn't touch the .ini files.

I always make a fresh save instead of using quick saves or the same slot as I've read that can cause corruption (left-over scripts). I think having hundreds of saves also affects the main menu, I get this periodical lag spikes for a while until it stops. I first thought it was related to loading mods but this lagging disappeared when I cleaned the saves folder. If that lagging happens and I load or start a new game too soon the game crashes. Maybe it preloads the screenshots etc. information so they are ready to be displayed in the load screen? 100+ saves equals to 1 gigabyte. Combine save file information loading (for whatever purposes) with tons of mods (I added quite a few big ones) and you might run out of RAM. Another weird thing is, if I wait TOO long in the main menu, the game also crashes (again, out of ram, or some save file is corrupted... if the fault is with too many saves).

I use alternate start, so I get to the character creation right away. And Skyrim always makes auto-save when you get to charater creation (in vanilla game, and with alternate starts). I didn't test if the game would crash with vanilla start. Either the save preloading was still in progress, or Skyrim checks the saves also when it makes a save, to figure out what number should assigned to it?

This doesn't seem to make any sense, but all I did was empty the save folder and suddently it started to work again.

Archived