Sexlab Troubleshooting

As I said before ApolloDown's mods are really really cool, Dragon Combat Overhaul just changes dragon combat so dramatic that it's incredible. However they are ALL filled with rather bad scripting, and this is just one of them, a clear example of an unfinished script or just badly done script in general. This isn't something wrong with your system almost certainly, it's the mod that's acting up, and you're going to get similar error messages from all the others when they're running. Important Information Overhaul is the one mod I think could be safe simply because it's so simplistic but honestly I don't trust his scripting with even that.

It really fills me with a bad feeling for Arise, because that mod has all kinds of chances to be EPIC, but both him and T3nd0 have histories of bad bugs and not wanting to fix them (example just being of how many bugs there still are in Skyrim Redone that he's now just not going to fix, just continuing with Perkus that's even MORE bugged). Most likely you're only going to be able to play Arise judging from their past experiences with a very very low mod list shaved down to the utter bare essentials.

All that said... I'm going to install Fire and Ice overhaul tomorrow on one of those bare-essentials profiles and see if I can replicate your error messages, most likely they'll show up even then right away.

I am not sure about this particular mod, the the none reference is almost always from an unfilled alias or property.  The question is why.  It could be an orphaned script or the author added a property and did not restart the quest to get it filled.  The latter can be tested by finding out the quest name and doing a resetquest <questname> which will fill all the aliases/properties.

And as Sac pointed out, it could be just badly written.  From the sound of it, you are still at the starting point, so it seems likely that it's just badly written.

thanks a lot, both of you.

I will test my new profile and also some of my messed up game saves, just for the hell of it, removing FIO and cleaning them. who knows, this mod might have been at least one source for a lot of issues with tons of ::tempxxx entries at various times from various mods (some definitely not badly coded).

At least it is a relieve to have some information that seeing those messages does indicate something is actually wrong.  I've spent hours searching the internet for information and those reporting these entries never received any statement related to that particular error message.

this is a fanstastic thread, thanks a million for both your hard work and sharing the details you learned and found out.

Hrm, well it's fairly easy to discover if you have a tainted install or not; go into your Scripts folder, you should have 56 scripts if you have an untainted install, or possibly less if you are missing expansions. In your Data folder you should have no more than 26 files plus the folders. If you have more on either of these then something's happened during the install that put too much in your Skyrim.

One thing to be aware of that Carida just found out; the latest Steam update seems to have broken some compatibility with Mod Organizer and seems to make some mods simply not work since. I don't know what that is or how to fix it as I don't have that problem because I disconected my Skyrim install from Steam quite a bit ago to keep it from touching my Skyrim install at all.

Except That HKX Files Aren't Script Files So They Shouldn't Even Be In The Scripts Folder, They Go In The Meshes Folder...

I Also Found That "Missing" HKX File Is Apparently Being Overwritten By The Dragonborn.bsa WTF??? 

bsa files do not overwrite loose files, it's the other way around.

That's not true if you are using Mod Organizer, you can make BSA overwrite loose by simply placing the BSA file lower in priority than the loose files, and it'll be overwritten just fine.

Thanks, learned something new.  I have a lot of leaning to do obviously on MO.

Thats Precisely Why I Was Confused Hence The "WTF???" 

Looks Like I'll Have To Keep That In Mind From Now On When Using MO

But That Still Doesn't Explain Why FNIS Keeps Saying It Can't Find The HKX File Evan Though Its There

I'll Post A Couple Of Screenshots Of It Tomorrow (Today Technically) I Stayed Up All Night/Morning Playing CIV5 So I'm Going To Bad In 5

Hi, I trained Jarl's daughter as sex slave and it works fine, but can not do it to Mia or Jenessa, the training wont progress at the very end after bonding oral scene, Please help.

This is the same issue that Sacremas responded to on the Sex Saves forum here:

http://www.loverslab.com/topic/36882-sexlab-sex-slaves/?p=1092728

What he is saying is that your installation of xpmse is messed up and you should get the latest versions of all, uninstall the old and re-install the new.  Be sure to run Loot after as well as FNIS

ep, I can help, these all most likely come from the XPMSE skeleton, which is the best skeleton available and being made here on Lover's Lab. The installation of the mod also installs if you go for the optionals ProperWeaponScale.esp, RaceMenuPluginXPMSE.esp and SOSRaceMenu.esp it would seem that the version being used is either old or badly installed. I would install both RaceMenu 3 and XPMS over again. Actually everyone should install XPMSE anyway because it's an awesome compatibility skeleton that covers a LOT of things at the same time, for example you can use SHowracemenu to change where on your body you want one-handed weapons to be placed, if you want them on your side, on your back or on your ankle (for daggers) rather than have to swap skeletons, and it enhances beast skeletons as well. You can find it here: XP32 Maximum Skeleton Extended.

Yeah I have no idea if a messed up XPMSE and such fairly benign messages could have caused a corruption of a scene like that. Depends on how delicate it is. But considering he was able to train one of them fine his game should in theory be solid, I still have pages upon pages of erros in my logs but I don't care, everything including Sex Slaves and complicated mods is working as it should (I was just teleported into space and saw the moons swirling around Mundus and met a god, worked fine) and I virtually never CTD. Most erros like that come from you changing the load order of the script's parent file, the script is still there and working fine but there's a leftover trace that can't figure out where it went, it eats up a tiny fraction of your resources but you're going to need THOUSANDS of them to make a real dent.

But yeah, reinstall RaceMenu, reinstall XPMS if that's the skeleton you are using and your main erros will vanish most likely, however I can't promise you that the scene will play out as it should... that's really Fish's department as it's his mod.

EDIT: OH! Also (and Iggy's plugins set me on this) make sure you look at SKSE plugins and if you have a nifoveride plugin or the like, that could also be what's causing your scripting issues if reinstalling those don't work. I don't entirely know what that plugin is for so you'll have to troubleshoot that yourself or with whoever made that plugin.

Yeah I have no idea if a messed up XPMSE and such fairly benign messages could have caused a corruption of a scene like that. Depends on how delicate it is. But considering he was able to train one of them fine his game should in theory be solid, I still have pages upon pages of erros in my logs but I don't care, everything including Sex Slaves and complicated mods is working as it should (I was just teleported into space and saw the moons swirling around Mundus and met a god, worked fine) and I virtually never CTD. Most erros like that come from you changing the load order of the script's parent file, the script is still there and working fine but there's a leftover trace that can't figure out where it went, it eats up a tiny fraction of your resources but you're going to need THOUSANDS of them to make a real dent.

But yeah, reinstall RaceMenu, reinstall XPMS if that's the skeleton you are using and your main erros will vanish most likely, however I can't promise you that the scene will play out as it should... that's really Fish's department as it's his mod.

The scene is just a speech scene, nothing at all problematic.

Hiya, so it's thanks to this thread and download that I now have a better idea of what could cause my modded game's functions to go wrong, but as Sacremas has been saying, a lot of the most problematic mods are also really, really hard to let go - especially DCO most of all. My Skyrim files are generally packed to the brim with mods, usually groaning under the weight of over 200 ESPs, but most things are usually stable - until they're suddenly not, naturally, with occasional strange errors that I can never be certain about whether they're caused by a fault within the mod itself or, more likely, something else about my behemoth of an installation, as either possibility has been found to be the case from time to time. I've never had sex scenes outright fail to initiate, and it seems like all of my mods do work, from sex mods to Frostfall to iNeed and more, but sometimes I get something funky like Defeat's rape ability not starting the animation unless I bring up and close the console first, or Deviously Enslaved waiting to enslave my character until after I pass through a load door. But sadly, my most heinous Papyrus logs from my last actual playthrough are gone now in the midst of my testing for my new file so I can't go through them to look for problems like stack dumps.

So, with my next file, although I'm still going to be running several of these heavy mods, I wanted to keep an eye out for red flags that will tell me once and for all I need to get rid of something. So is there anything else besides stack dumps that would be warning signs? I'm attaching what a level 1 Papyrus log with no mods that need to be manually set in MCM set up looks like for me, but this log does not have my usual bashed patch, ASIS, Automatic Variants, and PatchusMaximus ESPs enabled since I'm still in the process of adding, removing, and merging mods. Mainly, for a very long time now I've been a mite concerned about the fact that every one of my Papyrus logs just writes "Line ?" for its errors that print the problem line at the end instead of an actual line number, and that I seem to see patches in the logs where my game is trying to call things on a None object, like around lines 1120-1250 in this log.

Also, I should mention that I did notice that Perkus was spamming my logs with xMAWARCombatLogic an awful lot and possibly causing a number of CTDs on my previous file and got a third party's fix for the script at http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/60244/?for my upcoming file. Are there many other major offenders from Perkus assuming that fix is adequate?

Papyrus.0.log

Hiya, so it's thanks to this thread and download that I now have a better idea of what could cause my modded game's functions to go wrong, but as Sacremas has been saying, a lot of the most problematic mods are also really, really hard to let go - especially DCO most of all. My Skyrim files are generally packed to the brim with mods, usually groaning under the weight of over 200 ESPs, but most things are usually stable - until they're suddenly not, naturally, with occasional strange errors that I can never be certain about whether they're caused by a fault within the mod itself or, more likely, something else about my behemoth of an installation, as either possibility has been found to be the case from time to time. I've never had sex scenes outright fail to initiate, and it seems like all of my mods do work, from sex mods to Frostfall to iNeed and more, but sometimes I get something funky like Defeat's rape ability not starting the animation unless I bring up and close the console first, or Deviously Enslaved waiting to enslave my character until after I pass through a load door. But sadly, my most heinous Papyrus logs from my last actual playthrough are gone now in the midst of my testing for my new file so I can't go through them to look for problems like stack dumps.

So, with my next file, although I'm still going to be running several of these heavy mods, I wanted to keep an eye out for red flags that will tell me once and for all I need to get rid of something. So is there anything else besides stack dumps that would be warning signs? I'm attaching what a level 1 Papyrus log with no mods that need to be manually set in MCM set up looks like for me, but this log does not have my usual bashed patch, ASIS, Automatic Variants, and PatchusMaximus ESPs enabled since I'm still in the process of adding, removing, and merging mods. Mainly, for a very long time now I've been a mite concerned about the fact that every one of my Papyrus logs just writes "Line ?" for its errors that print the problem line at the end instead of an actual line number, and that I seem to see patches in the logs where my game is trying to call things on a None object, like around lines 1120-1250 in this log.

Also, I should mention that I did notice that Perkus was spamming my logs with xMAWARCombatLogic an awful lot and possibly causing a number of CTDs on my previous file and got a third party's fix for the script at http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/60244/?for my upcoming file. Are there many other major offenders from Perkus assuming that fix is adequate?

I cannot comment on the viability of your load order.  I don't play most of these mods that you have.  However, I looked at your log and it is mostly full of stuff that can safely be ignored.

The only two that bother me are the last two, one of which is:

[02/26/2015 - 02:22:01AM] Error: Unable to call RegisterForSingleUpdate - no native object bound to the script object, or object is of incorrect type

There is no good reason for this.

However, I have seen this error lots on saves that run fine.  Sacremaa might have another opinion.

I used the combat logic script fix you linked, it works fine but Perkus still works overtime in the scripts to make things work, stagger scripts and combat scripts in general just freeze up your system badly. I can tell you that there is NO WAY you can play Fishburger's Sex Slaves mod with Perkus in it's current state, because the xma scripts will fire during the initial whipping scenes since that uses combat mechaics, which will cause the rest of the scene to fail. It can be gotten around with console commands but i wouldnt' recommend it, it's just going to cause problems for you later down the line as well.

However if you don't intend to play anything htat combines combat with anything else (this would include Civil War Overhaul, both mods will kill each other and cause the Civil War to not work at all), then Perkus is a viable option. However you are going to run into trouble down the line with a heavy load order and Perkus, I can tell you for a fact (because I've spoken to him during being an Alpha playtester for Perkus) that T3nd0 do not use almost any other mod at all except his own and that of close friends, as such he did not design Perkus with a heavy load order in mind at all. Raullfin (who's a great guy, I've spoken to him multiple times and contributed actively to PCAPP) is working hard on getting rid of some of these problems but there's not much he can do until Perkus updates past 1.1, which seems a long way off. As such I do not recommend using Perkus in it's current state, wait until whenever T3nd0 updates it and cleans some of it up, if he's ever going to.

As for your script errors, things like line? comes from you having changed the load order of the parent mod of the script, there's a residual trace in the save with the script looking in the line in your load order where it's parent used to be and that causes the error message, despite the script likely working fine in it's new home and not giving any messages at all. They are benign, you are going to need a LOT of them to cause serious problems.

What you describe with enslavement events not working until you pass through a door/change cells is exactly right, a stack dump occuring, the script goes in a loop with dumping stacks because it's unable to get enough resources that it needs to enslave you, but it's unable to fire. When you change cells or do console things that causes scripts to reset themselves, and causes things like xma scripts to stop working, and that frees up enough resources that the enslavement will work. It will also work if you save your game, load up another character (like a Janitor level 1 character in the Live Another Life cell) then load your save again, you'll be immediatley enslaved.

Take a look at my modding guide for further ideas on how to improve your mod setup and reduce CTDs, this is especially important with a Perkus set up; http://www.loverslab.com/topic/43043-skyrim-modding-guide/

Alright then, I think I'll revert to using SkyRe or something else rather than Perkus. Perkus currently doesn't play nice with whipping scenes as you mentioned anyway, and while I've had them all still work, they look downright goofy when my character staggers right out of the chained animation.

The thing about the Line ? stuff is, those are always there, even from level 1.

Hm, well that's odd about the line stuff.

I have the stagger out of BDSM gear as well, I think it has more to do with your skeleton and combat mods in general than it does with Perkus in particular. I still have it with SPERG and some other combat stuff (Ultimate Combat etc). Looks kinda silly.

Yeah, I'd imagine some other combat mods can cause the same thing, but it didn't start happening for me until I put in Perkus and Ultimate Combat, and Ultimate Combat's stagger is supposed to only be for power attacks and can be disabled in MCM. I suppose I'll know for sure when I revert to SkyRe. For all its unfixed bugs, at least using the ReProccer for customizing equipment is less of a pain than Patchus.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi,

Does any one know if there is a skeleton package for the beast races?

I'm sure i have everything set up properly, but schlongs of skyrim says that there was no skeleton for the falmer or chaurus so the sexlab/sexlab defeat animations would not start.

-Thanks.

You don't use Schlongs of Skyrim for Falmer and especially not for Chaurus, the only creature to get a Schlong is the werewolf, for all your other use go to these mods;

http://www.loverslab.com/files/file/1018-creature-features-52014/

http://www.loverslab.com/files/file/1140-more-nasty-critters/

For Chaurus in particular you can also try this;

http://www.loverslab.com/files/file/149-estrus-chaurus/

Be very careful when you install JContainers, you want to make sure that no mod ever overwrite it, if it does the mods dependent on it (Radiant Prostution, Creature Framework) stops working, and reinstalling it in the same save kills the same completley and makes it impossible to load. If you are using Mod Organizer keep JContainers as low on your priority as possible, for any other manager reinstall it before you start up your game if you install any mod that depends on it.

Be very careful when you install JContainers, you want to make sure that no mod ever overwrite it, if it does the mods dependent on it (Radiant Prostution, Creature Framework) stops working, and reinstalling it in the same save kills the same completley and makes it impossible to load. If you are using Mod Organizer keep JContainers as low on your priority as possible, for any other manager reinstall it before you start up your game if you install any mod that depends on it.

That's not true. Version downgrade erases JC data, so mods may stop work properly due to absence of the data, but it does makes the save impossible to load. Otherwise  feel free to report a bug.

And every JC page, permissions are filled with warning about version downgrade consequences

That's not true. Version downgrade erases JC data, so mods may stop work properly due to absence of the data, but it does makes the save impossible to load. Otherwise  feel free to report a bug.

And every JC page, permissions are filled with warning about version downgrade consequences

There are several mods, that incorporate JContainers, that don't specify the use of JContainers, due to them using older versions, that you are not aware of, JContainsers is updated regularity, so it is a good idea to install the update when ever there is one. And still, as Sacremas has pointed out, to be careful of overwrites by other mods, so what he said IS true.

Yep, doing what I said and letting JContainers get overwritten by an older version from another mod like Radiant Prostitution, then loading up the save and playing in it, then reinstalling JContainers so you have a new version will KILL your save, there is no way to reload it after that, I tried any method I could, the only thing that worked was revert to a save before JContainers got overwritten.

Just did a test in game, problem was not with JContainers, problem was with Creature Framework getting an older version of JContainers (speciifcally Radiant Prostitution's JCont included). If you have only Radiant and JCont or only Creature Framework and JCont you won't see this issue at all and can reload the save just fine... but if you have both you have to be careful.

Solution is very simple, just delete Radiant Prostitution's SKSE folder, and you can install them in any order you wish.

• 2 weeks later...

Just like to say this thread is increadibly useful. I have encountered those stack loop script thingy's and switched from perkus to SPERG after reading this thread. The reason I am sure is obvious to you and previously stated. Anyway working on my own "Perfect Skyrim" yet, and will get around to reading that guide later.

Question for Sacremas, are you working on  like a "STEP" type of guide or just tips and tricks in general? (Just pointing out here, you have the mantality to do such a guide since you fallow a lot of the rules of such a guide)

I've never read the STEP guide actually, I tried back when I first started but somewhere around "count FPS on running from Whiterun to Riften" I just fell off completely and never picked it up again. Most of this has been pulled together from guides like the Speed and Stability Guide for ENB, Gopher's videos, asking on the forums from mod authors, and trying and failing miserably on my own until I ended up with something that worked.

Here's the guide that I wrote, hopefully it's a little less dull than the STEP guide; http://www.loverslab.com/topic/43043-skyrim-modding-guide/

Feel free to ask at the end of that thread if you run into any other techical problems regarding Skyrim in general, this thread is more for Sexlab problems in particular, not being able to make some Sexlab mods work and such. If it's appliccable to just modding in general then it's better to take it over to the modding guide thread, that even goes for stack dumps and papyrus logging. "Perfect Skyrim" is what I'm striving towards there, the first page (first 6-7 posts) are general stuff to just make your game work better, set up an ENB, SKSE.ini, etc, from there on I deal with specific mods like mods to fix up your guards (their dress, their dialogue, their looks) mods to make Skyrim harder (ASIS, High Level Enemies, Revenge of the Enemies), mods to make the rewards you get actually good, and mods to fix up your entire skyrim by faction, Companions, Thieves Guild, Dark Brotherhood and College. Hopefully you'll find some there at least you'll enjoy.