Sexlab Troubleshooting

I know, I tried it, then quit the game, loaded up the save and ran around a little, and checked Papyrus; even turned off Smart Loot is still working overtime and hitting your papyrus 2 times per second. You can't turn it off in other words, you can only disable it's benefit, it'll still run in the background. Do not use it!

Okay Combat Evolved works well, and it's scary; I was just killed by a lone bandit on level 25, she had sword and shield and was attacking aggressively, just when she was low health and I thought I had her she raised the shield to block, I got ready to power attack through her block, and before I could land my blow she rapidly shield bashed me four times, ruining my attack and staggering me, and then she killed me. I also got killed several times by giant spiders due to a high damage lunge attack the mod gives them that ragdolls you back, then the spider overwhelms you and attacks rapidly while you're down, usually killing you, and I was damn surprised when a bandit chief actually disarmed me one time, I've never been disarmed in Skyrim on anything but draugr and dragon Disarm shouts, also a lone nameless vampire used some clever tactics to kill me three times before I finally burned her to a crisp as well. I never had any of those experiences with other AI mods like Deadly Combat or Duel, combat is actually difficult for me now even on Adept. All this and no scripts active.

Ultimate Combat also runs simultaneously, I don't know how much of that was that mod acting, but that changes how stamina and stagger works to make combat more dynamic as well as include locational damge like headshots. It's also got an option to make stealth hardcore and detection chance much easier as well as make the enemy smarter in looking for you. There's some noticable effects from it running at the same time including some harmelss papyrus spam but that's only during combat it works, it does nothing to your experience outside combat (or sneaking near enemies) so things like Sex Slaves, Frostfall and other mods are perfectly safe from it, recommended.

Also I finally found a sound mod that is completely error free; Immersive Sounds - Compendium, unlike a lot of other "Immersive" mods this one actually is, like you get a different sound from running barefoot on stone floor than with boots, each weapon has a different sound when you draw them and swing, a neclace sounds different than a ring being picked up or dropped, and explosion effects are awsome. The best sound and music mods are not the ones that you go "Damn that was a cool sound!/song!" because that draws you out of the game and breaks the immersion, this mod after an hour's play feels like it was part of Skyrim from day one and going without it will just feel strange.

I'd be interested with your opinion on a few mods you named and some you didn't, if you don't mind. You briefly mentioned Dragon Combat Overhaul in a post, I take it this and CWO are pretty hard on machines. Do you think they're game breaking or just hard on intensive load orders? I'm more curious as to why DCO is so hard on the system because, even broken, I need CWO. Now, perkus Maximus. I took your advice and loaded SPERG and several other 'safer' mods, but I wasn't satisfied with the magic perk trees in SPERG compared to Perkus and I don't like that Skyrim Expanded Weaponry loses so much value in the limited SPERG trees for my warrior characters. I know it can't be as extensive, given that it's safer (that's life,) but what are your thoughts on taking advantage of the modular design to get better perks? What part of Perkus is causing script problems? If it's just the perk leveling system, can I just use the modular perk trees interchangeably? And have you looked into Warzones 2? They claim it's fixed and won't murder your saves anymore. I know it has to be script intensive, but is it a game breaker? I know those are a lot of questions, but I get so caught up modding and remodding profiles that I don't ever get far enough to test a lot of the issues. Cardinal sin of modding, I know. I'd like to get to the point where I can actually start playing a game without discovering some hidden incompatibility or bug that ruins my game.

In Regards To Perkus Maximas, I Think It's Necessary To Point Out That PerMa Is Still A VARY New Mod. As Such There Are ALWAYS Going To Be Performance Hits. Especially For The Wide Range The Mod Trying To Cover. This Goes For Any Overhaul Mods That Try To Do What PerMa Does. Mods Like PerMa, SkyRe & Requiem Are Literally A Hairs Edge Away From Being Total Conversion Mods, At that Point Modders Might As Well Be Trying To Single Handedly Create An Entirely New Game...

First of all do not uninstall these mods even faulty ones mid play, if you have a character you can't bear to start over again, leave them all in, even if you have Perkus + Frostfall + Aroused + Nature of the Beast or another such combo, it's better to keep playing your character until the save dies then if you really like the character... but that combo and a lot of other combos are going to kill the game. But taking them out will kill the save even more certainly, you CANNOT clean these mods from your save in a satisfactory manner that won't cause problems later on. If you're taking out these heavy script mods, start a new game, I've had to start over on level 65 characters because they got broken.. multiple times! If you can't start a new game, leave them in.

Dragon Combat Overhaul, Civil War Overhaul, Fire and Ice Overhaul and I wouldn't be surprised it it counted Important Information Overhaual all have bugged scripts, they leave crap in your system and keep popping up, they are very cool mods and for DCO Dragon combat just isn't the same at all without it, so it's a hard set of mods to let go. They take way more resources out of your system than they should. On a very light load (no Frostfall, no Aroused, no Needs mods, probably no Wet & Cold even) you can play with them without noticing, the error is not with the mods themselves but what they do to the rest of your system, they will cause stack dumps, sex senes to fail, scripted scenes like Civil War to just not play, and so on. I keep going back to these whenever ApolloDown releases new versions, but he never seems capable of cleaning his mods. Frankly with htis in mind I have a bad feeling abotu Arise the Return of Mannimarco that him and T3nd0 and a few others are working on, but I keep hoping as that mod will be extremely cool, I may be forced to play it with a 50 mod list.

Perkus Maximus is even harder to let go, I love it, and I was a playtester for the main Mod and still helping Raullfin with playtesting in private (working on ironing out the Forgotten Magic Redone patch now), but with a heavy load it's just not going to run well at all. If you can leave out Aroused, Frostfall and constantly updating mods like Footsteps, Spectators and the like you should be able to play it fine. If you need Aroused or plan on playing Fishburger's Sex Slaves, you cannot play Perkus in it's current form, it's just that simple. I'll make sure to post here when that becomes no longer the case, which is hopefully soon. The only way to cut down on the rsources Perkus draws from you is to leave out at least the Warrior module, as the xma combat logic and stagger scripts are horrible. Note that if you leave out the warrior module you don't really have to bother with the patcher any more, you'll see less auto-made scrolls and staffs but you wont' see Farengar selling Lust Explosion any longer either. If you want to keep using Perkus you  need to shave down your load order to approximatly 150 active mods, and remove Frostfall, any needs mods (even iNeed), Hunterborn, and Sexlab Aroused, which means you can't play Sex Slaves or other Sexlab mods that rely on Aroused, but you can play mods like Sexlab Amorous Adventures and Solutions fine. WIth these taken out there's a lot less things for Perkus to hobble, and it should work fine. Throw in as many texture, water, weapon and armor mods as you want as none of these do significant impact on your save, but don't throw in too many or Patchus will give you that Null Pointer error.  Be careful about werewolf/vampire overhals, I'd say stick to Werewolf Essentials (and a perk ttree overhaul) and Better Vampires+Royal Bloodline, don't go Vampiric Thirst for example as that's going to be murdered by Perkus. Leave out as many of the other problematic mods I mentioned as possible, as that's just going to up your problems. Do not ever put in Nature of the Beast with Perkus if you plan on playing longer than level 30 or so, as around then your save is going to be so broken not even Amazing Follower Tweaks will work properly (I speak from experience).

SPERG takes some getting used to, you're not going to really like it until a bit of play time. Make sure you manually transfer over the Dawnguard + Dragonborn + Uncapper settings from the SPERG folder on your Data folder, as the installer do not install those properly for some reason (at least they didn't in Mod Organizer, open SPERG in Explorer and move the folders down a notch). SPERG is a lot harder than Perkus, combat is a bit more brutal in my experience, and more unforgiving, as you have less tools to just turn it into a hack fest. The Warrior parts you have to notice that every single perk does two or more things at once, the Allure feat also gives you constant Lover's Comfort, the War Axes feat also gives you +5 % critical chance with all weapons, the Maces part also lets you ignore 50 % of all armor with all weapons, and so on. By default you're supposed to get 1 perk every 2 levels (very different from Perkus), if you get more than this and take all the Perks you want your character is going to be insanely overpowered, and nothing will be a challenge, SPERG perks are vastly more powerful than even Perkus Mastery and Focus feats (which were a huge disappointment). That's why there's so few of them. Things like the Destruction tree look very bare bones with for example Fire actually not getting that much fire damage to your spells from Fire evolution (I take the first if I'm doing a spellblade - which I always am - but rarely take the second, but the Ice and Lighting perks are a must), however take a look at some of the auto feats you get, at higher levels your Fire damage is going to get a very big boost even without specializing in Fire over the others, while Frost gets more Stamina damage and Shock gets more Magicka damage. I can tell from experience at having played a maxed out SPERG mage and Perkus mage that the SPERG mage is a lot more powerful. You do not get cool things like shift spells and Fire spells disarming on a dual cast, but in terms of sheer brutal power SPERG is way above even a maxed out Perkus mage. Expect to see 500+ damage on your Fire Rune once you have Rune Mastery for example. Combine SPERG with EnaiSiaon's mods for more interest, I linked them all but they are Apocalypse, Imperious, Thunderchild (get Improved Dragon Shouts as well), Spectraverse and Dwemertech. Enai is a brillaint scripter and while they hold a lot of scripts (except for APocalypse which comes in a script-free more boring version) they are safe as long as you don't have other things to kill them. For combat insert TK Combat (for that spellblade), Ultimate Combat, and Ultimate Dragons (and Deadly Dragons, and if you're feeling maschostic Enhanced Mighty Dragons) all from the same author, and get Combat Evolved to give enemies some scary AI and make combat genuinely interesting.

If you are looking to do a pure Mage walthrough, what I'd suggest instead is that you use Mighty Magic, all of it's modules (the artifact part is really epic, Volsung for example doubles the strength of all your Shouts, making Storm Call devastating, while Staff of Magnus doubles the strength of all single-cast spells), they result in an insanely powerful mage, and MM includes more new spells than Perkus does, combine it with Apocalypse and Forgotten Magic Redone and you have a pretty all-powerful mage. You can actually combine SPERG and any magic mod overhaul (including Perkus Mage), I haven't tried it but here's what you do, first install SPERG, then start the game, go into SPERG's MCM, disable all magic scaling (do this for Telekinesis regardless if you're using Apocalypse, or disable Apocalypse's version), then quit and install the magic overhaul of your choice over SPERG and let it overwrite, if you're using the Uncapper settings of SPERG and Mighty Magic you can actually let the auto-feats continue as MM has the same number of perks approximatley in the Magic trees (if you get too little feats use SPERG's MCM to give yourself more, but be careful about power creep), but if you're using Perkus Mage you may need to disable auto perks for magic entirely.

Alternately try ACE - Combat Skills instead of SPERG, that's a lot similar to Perkus, but with much less faults and more options. For example with that you get longbows and shortbows again, and with magic you get casting stances. Or simply revert to Skyrim Redone, last I tried that it worked fine with less errors than Perkus, but be aware a few perks doesn't work (Katana feats don't work, and your Illusion spells will never be able to affect undead, daedra and automatons even with the appropriate perk) and by now is never going to get fixed.

I have never tried Warzones, because everyone I ask tell me they break the game, and this is from people actually using Dragon Combat/Civil War overhal without significant issues. As such I can't really advise anything that if you try it keep Papyrus logging enabled and if you start getting problems either try to resolve it on your own or post the log here.

First of all do not uninstall these mods even faulty ones mid play, if you have a character you can't bear to start over again, leave them all in, even if you have Perkus + Frostfall + Aroused + Nature of the Beast or another such combo, it's better to keep playing your character until the save dies then if you really like the character... but that combo and a lot of other combos are going to kill the game. But taking them out will kill the save even more certainly, you CANNOT clean these mods from your save in a satisfactory manner that won't cause problems later on. If you're taking out these heavy script mods, start a new game, I've had to start over on level 65 characters because they got broken.. multiple times! If you can't start a new game, leave them in.

Dragon Combat Overhaul, Civil War Overhaul, Fire and Ice Overhaul and I wouldn't be surprised it it counted Important Information Overhaual all have bugged scripts, they leave crap in your system and keep popping up, they are very cool mods and for DCO Dragon combat just isn't the same at all without it, so it's a hard set of mods to let go. They take way more resources out of your system than they should. On a very light load (no Frostfall, no Aroused, no Needs mods, probably no Wet & Cold even) you can play with them without noticing, the error is not with the mods themselves but what they do to the rest of your system, they will cause stack dumps, sex senes to fail, scripted scenes like Civil War to just not play, and so on. I keep going back to these whenever ApolloDown releases new versions, but he never seems capable of cleaning his mods. Frankly with htis in mind I have a bad feeling abotu Arise the Return of Mannimarco that him and T3nd0 and a few others are working on, but I keep hoping as that mod will be extremely cool, I may be forced to play it with a 50 mod list.

Perkus Maximus is even harder to let go, I love it, and I was a playtester for the main Mod and still helping Raullfin with playtesting in private (working on ironing out the Forgotten Magic Redone patch now), but with a heavy load it's just not going to run well at all. If you can leave out Aroused, Frostfall and constantly updating mods like Footsteps, Spectators and the like you should be able to play it fine. If you need Aroused or plan on playing Fishburger's Sex Slaves, you cannot play Perkus in it's current form, it's just that simple. I'll make sure to post here when that becomes no longer the case, which is hopefully soon. The only way to cut down on the rsources Perkus draws from you is to leave out at least the Warrior module, as the xma combat logic and stagger scripts are horrible. Note that if you leave out the warrior module you don't really have to bother with the patcher any more, you'll see less auto-made scrolls and staffs but you wont' see Farengar selling Lust Explosion any longer either. If you want to keep using Perkus you  need to shave down your load order to approximatly 150 active mods, and remove Frostfall, any needs mods (even iNeed), Hunterborn, and Sexlab Aroused, which means you can't play Sex Slaves or other Sexlab mods that rely on Aroused, but you can play mods like Sexlab Amorous Adventures and Solutions fine. WIth these taken out there's a lot less things for Perkus to hobble, and it should work fine. Throw in as many texture, water, weapon and armor mods as you want as none of these do significant impact on your save, but don't throw in too many or Patchus will give you that Null Pointer error.  Be careful about werewolf/vampire overhals, I'd say stick to Werewolf Essentials (and a perk ttree overhaul) and Better Vampires+Royal Bloodline, don't go Vampiric Thirst for example as that's going to be murdered by Perkus. Leave out as many of the other problematic mods I mentioned as possible, as that's just going to up your problems. Do not ever put in Nature of the Beast with Perkus if you plan on playing longer than level 30 or so, as around then your save is going to be so broken not even Amazing Follower Tweaks will work properly (I speak from experience).

SPERG takes some getting used to, you're not going to really like it until a bit of play time. Make sure you manually transfer over the Dawnguard + Dragonborn + Uncapper settings from the SPERG folder on your Data folder, as the installer do not install those properly for some reason (at least they didn't in Mod Organizer, open SPERG in Explorer and move the folders down a notch). SPERG is a lot harder than Perkus, combat is a bit more brutal in my experience, and more unforgiving, as you have less tools to just turn it into a hack fest. The Warrior parts you have to notice that every single perk does two or more things at once, the Allure feat also gives you constant Lover's Comfort, the War Axes feat also gives you +5 % critical chance with all weapons, the Maces part also lets you ignore 50 % of all armor with all weapons, and so on. By default you're supposed to get 1 perk every 2 levels (very different from Perkus), if you get more than this and take all the Perks you want your character is going to be insanely overpowered, and nothing will be a challenge, SPERG perks are vastly more powerful than even Perkus Mastery and Focus feats (which were a huge disappointment). That's why there's so few of them. Things like the Destruction tree look very bare bones with for example Fire actually not getting that much fire damage to your spells from Fire evolution (I take the first if I'm doing a spellblade - which I always am - but rarely take the second, but the Ice and Lighting perks are a must), however take a look at some of the auto feats you get, at higher levels your Fire damage is going to get a very big boost even without specializing in Fire over the others, while Frost gets more Stamina damage and Shock gets more Magicka damage. I can tell from experience at having played a maxed out SPERG mage and Perkus mage that the SPERG mage is a lot more powerful. You do not get cool things like shift spells and Fire spells disarming on a dual cast, but in terms of sheer brutal power SPERG is way above even a maxed out Perkus mage. Expect to see 500+ damage on your Fire Rune once you have Rune Mastery for example. Combine SPERG with EnaiSiaon's mods for more interest, I linked them all but they are Apocalypse, Imperious, Thunderchild (get Improved Dragon Shouts as well), Spectraverse and Dwemertech. Enai is a brillaint scripter and while they hold a lot of scripts (except for APocalypse which comes in a script-free more boring version) they are safe as long as you don't have other things to kill them. For combat insert TK Combat (for that spellblade), Ultimate Combat, and Ultimate Dragons (and Deadly Dragons, and if you're feeling maschostic Enhanced Mighty Dragons) all from the same author, and get Combat Evolved to give enemies some scary AI and make combat genuinely interesting.

If you are looking to do a pure Mage walthrough, what I'd suggest instead is that you use Mighty Magic, all of it's modules (the artifact part is really epic, Volsung for example doubles the strength of all your Shouts, making Storm Call devastating, while Staff of Magnus doubles the strength of all single-cast spells), they result in an insanely powerful mage, and MM includes more new spells than Perkus does, combine it with Apocalypse and Forgotten Magic Redone and you have a pretty all-powerful mage. You can actually combine SPERG and any magic mod overhaul (including Perkus Mage), I haven't tried it but here's what you do, first install SPERG, then start the game, go into SPERG's MCM, disable all magic scaling (do this for Telekinesis regardless if you're using Apocalypse, or disable Apocalypse's version), then quit and install the magic overhaul of your choice over SPERG and let it overwrite, if you're using the Uncapper settings of SPERG and Mighty Magic you can actually let the auto-feats continue as MM has the same number of perks approximatley in the Magic trees (if you get too little feats use SPERG's MCM to give yourself more, but be careful about power creep), but if you're using Perkus Mage you may need to disable auto perks for magic entirely.

Alternately try ACE - Combat Skills instead of SPERG, that's a lot similar to Perkus, but with much less faults and more options. For example with that you get longbows and shortbows again, and with magic you get casting stances. Or simply revert to Skyrim Redone, last I tried that it worked fine with less errors than Perkus, but be aware a few perks doesn't work (Katana feats don't work, and your Illusion spells will never be able to affect undead, daedra and automatons even with the appropriate perk) and by now is never going to get fixed.

I have never tried Warzones, because everyone I ask tell me they break the game, and this is from people actually using Dragon Combat/Civil War overhal without significant issues. As such I can't really advise anything that if you try it keep Papyrus logging enabled and if you start getting problems either try to resolve it on your own or post the log here.

Thank you for the thorough response! I don't take out mods mid save because I'm very paranoid about breaking the game: I start over; over and over and over again. I have yet to get past ten or so on the PC. I played console first and played the ever-loving crap out of it. And I don't use a lot of graphical mods because of how Skyrim uses CPU power for a lot of graphics and I need as much power I can get for my, consistently, over 200 mods.

I don't use Frostfall a lot, I get tired of not being able to go out at night as I play a lot of sneaky characters. I do use Aroused, but is Aroused Redux any better? I didn't have any problem running Aroused, but I switched to help my load a little.

That's disappointing about the overhauls...they're add so much. I pretty much always use IIO and CWO on every game.

And that's what I figured with perkus. I wasn't really concerned about power, since you can basically completely manipulate how powerful you want to be anyway, but I liked the interesting dynamics in leveling. I don't like how both SPERG and ACE leave out crossbows, so I'll probably use the Skyre warrior perks which will also supplement my use of Expanded Weaponry.

Again, thank you for your input.

Edit: forgot Skyre perks aren't modular. Wish SPERG included crossbows.

I do use Aroused, but is Aroused Redux any better? I didn't have any problem running Aroused, but I switched to help my load a little.

If you are using aroused and not Redux and you are having any kind of issues, you should switch instantly to Redux.  If you leave the scan set to 120 seconds as is the default, it has almost NO papyrus load.  Even at 30 seconds, it has 1/20 the load of SLA.  It does not use a constantly running spell to capture NPCs.  Instead, it uses a vanilla quest to find nearby NPCs to apply arousal to instead of a papyrus script.  I spend a lot of time optimizing it so that it does not apply arousal unnecessarily (like right after sex). 

Here is a quote from the Redux forums:

WOW!!!! I really don't have words to express how I feel right now!!!! Back history: I started playing skyrim on my xbox360 when it first came out the first day. I've been a PC gamer pretty much all my life, so I took that save and moved to my new rig 2 years ago and started modding. Fast forward until yesterday I've been plagued by stutters and crashing. Not to the point where it was unplayable so I tolerated it because I love the game. I was reading your support discussion and thought I would give it a shot to fix my issues. I prolly have over 250 mods active as well. I also read in a prior post about papyrus data transfer tool and removed all my clutter from my save file as well. I played at least 3-4 hours last night without one stutter or one single ctd. Unbelievable!!!!!! This with PDT has turned my old save back into virgin. I just want to say thank you so much!!!! Also to the guy that suggested PDT, thank you bro. I'm on my phone so I can't go back through the posts to get your name. Fish you're awesome.

Sex Slaves is my main mod and I only got involved in SLA because so many people said they could not play Sex Slaves because of the SLA requirement.  That issue is now resolved for them.

I do use Aroused, but is Aroused Redux any better? I didn't have any problem running Aroused, but I switched to help my load a little.

If you are using aroused and not Redux and you are having any kind of issues, you should switch instantly to Redux.  If you leave the scan set to 120 seconds as is the default, it has almost NO papyrus load.  Even at 30 seconds, it has 1/20 the load of SLA.  It does not use a constantly running spell to capture NPCs.  Instead, it uses a vanilla quest to find nearby NPCs to apply arousal to instead of a papyrus script.  I spend a lot of time optimizing it so that it does not apply arousal unnecessarily (like right after sex). 

Here is a quote from the Redux forums:

WOW!!!! I really don't have words to express how I feel right now!!!! Back history: I started playing skyrim on my xbox360 when it first came out the first day. I've been a PC gamer pretty much all my life, so I took that save and moved to my new rig 2 years ago and started modding. Fast forward until yesterday I've been plagued by stutters and crashing. Not to the point where it was unplayable so I tolerated it because I love the game. I was reading your support discussion and thought I would give it a shot to fix my issues. I prolly have over 250 mods active as well. I also read in a prior post about papyrus data transfer tool and removed all my clutter from my save file as well. I played at least 3-4 hours last night without one stutter or one single ctd. Unbelievable!!!!!! This with PDT has turned my old save back into virgin. I just want to say thank you so much!!!! Also to the guy that suggested PDT, thank you bro. I'm on my phone so I can't go back through the posts to get your name. Fish you're awesome.

Sex Slaves is my main mod and I only got involved in SLA because so many people said they could not play Sex Slaves because of the SLA requirement.  That issue is now resolved for them.

Sorry, I mistyped. I do NOT use Aroused. I switched to Redux to help my system out. But thank you for elaborating on Redux. I guess I'll just stick with it.

I have yet to insert Aroused into my current load order, I'm trying to see what I can do with vanilla mods and some basic sex (Framework+Amorous+Solutions+Submit+Puppet Master covers all my needs) before breaking the game... and to be perfectly honest I've decided I don't like Needs mods at all except need for blood with vampires and possibly feeding for werewolves. Needing to constantly eat, drink, and even worse fuck just isn't my cup of tea in my escapist fantasy, playing a nymphomaniac who fuck every good looking NPC I find is one thing, actually being forced to be so is another. I like to insert sex into it but it needs to be something that I decide on when I want it, if I want to go a month in game with nothing then go on a fucking spree and leave everyone in Solitude with sore cavities I don't want to be hobbled by it. When the full version of Sex Slaves 4.0 comes out I'll put Aroused back in but I'm probably going to abuse the hell out of the MCM options so it's basically only there to let me play the Sex Slaves content.

When that day comes I have a beautiful blonde buxom golden tanned babe with a huge cock (including Cumshot defining my character as transgender) ready to explore pretty much every option. Until then I'm distributing butt plugs and leather fetish wear to everyone in the Bathouse.

Which mods do you use to get NPCs banging? Be aware that all of them stress your game pretty hard. Lover's Comfort for example is beautiful and I'm probably putting it in with Aroused, but it does bad damage to your system, and shouldn't be combined with another heavy mod like Sex Slaves most likely. The Sexlab mod that draws the most resources by far however is the Spectator mods, they can easily ruin your scenes as they to function need to update quite a lot, I saw one Papyrus that was pretty ruined from one of those and caused a light mod like Amorous (which is btw HIGHLY recommended) to fail utterly.

Oh man...it depends on the profile (MO). The ones I almost always use are: Aroused redux, attraction, beeing female, dangerous nights, dangerously nude, defeat, lovers comfort, spouses enhanced, solutions, and romance. I also use amorous adventures, approach, stories, and submit on certain profiles. I know some of those don't really effect NPCs, but I figured I could just tell you my whole loverslab load.

Thanks for the list, it's helpful. I can tell you right away that Beeing Female and Attraction will create strain on your system that you may not want, this is without trying Beeing Female (not really that much into realism these days, it varies), but I saw some strain from Attaction. I'm not using Spouses Enhanced from playing female, if I marry anyone it'll probably be Farkas and he's already enabled for sex via Amorous. I tried Sexlab Romance and Defeat both, but to me Submit does a better job, I can set myself up for combat rape or rape some badits or Nazeem/Nazeem's wife/anyone related whatsoever to Nazeem, and it includes the speech option to get consensual, paid or forced sex without making it too complicated. I also use Solutions. I'm going to look into Stories, I only heard about that as inspiration for Amorous, I didnt' know it was a still active mod.

I figure most of them are gonna be hard on my system because they do checks on stuff frequently. I'm all about that realism. I've thought about dropping attraction as it doesn't add too much. I can't remember why I kept it. I might have a dependency. I keep Souses Enhanced because it makes your spouse have their own sex drive. So, when you go to bed, and their arousal is up, they want to do it. If you neglect them long enough they will have an affair. Plus they can be in the closet which is an interesting twist. As for Defeat v Submit it is a toss up. I play mostly female characters so combat rape generally isn't a necessity, but I like to still be able to tie people up and rob them. Also, I don't like Submit's limitation on number of attackers. It just has some options I prefer over Submit for the most part. I do like the more passive benefits of Submit like bribery and surprise sex. I also like how it handles creatures, so you can set it so only semi-sentients can rape you. I don't need every wolf in Skyrim runnin' up my tail pipe...And I would recommend stories because it adds subtle, not too demanding, things. For instance, I was running through the wilderness after having some bandit trouble and cam across some hunters camped out. As I got closer, I noticed they were skinny dipping in a hot spring. I can't imagine it hurts the system that bad.

Edit: Attraction is necessary for Approach which I use on some cases. But I'll to steer away from it on unnecessary profiles. I really need to learn Wryebash. My load order is huge now with ERSO

When you install SPERG 4.0 including Dragonborn + Dawnguard + Uncapper patches in MO or NMM it doesn't install properly, if you go into the filetree of the install (Mods/SPERG - Skyrim Perk Enhancements and Rebalanced Gameplay) you'll see you have SPERG's BSA, ESM and ESP, however you also have a SPERG fodler. You need to go into that folder where you find SPERG-DB and SPERG-DG, the Uncapper settigngs and a lot more, grab all of it and move it out of that folder into the main folder, otherwise the uncapper settings and patches will not be enabled. The game is a lot different without the Uncapper settings for one, you're only supposed to get one perk every 2 levels, if you get normal Skyrim advancement rates in perks your character will be hugely overpowered after a while.

I installed ERSO with MO, I'll try redoing the install in stages and explain.

First off download the mod to a separate location on your drive, you can't download with manager obviously. Click Install a mod from an Archive, select ERSO, and it'll start unpacking files, then bring up a FOMOD installer, if it doesn't then you have wrong settings enabled in Mod Organizer.

First page, "Read Me with Attention" you can skip, no need to install any of those recommended files, I never have, and one of them (Civil War Overhaul) is on my list of bad mods. Click Next, on next page also don't install anything unless you're not using any Race overhauls, I recommend Imperious - Races of Skyrim myself. Third page I kinda like the second option with bigger giants and mammoths, really makes you go "woah!" first time you come up close to one in game. Note that these behaviour patterns will conflic with that of another mod such as SkyTEST - Realistic Animals and Predators and One with Nature, so don't install it if you're using one of these. Next page, Realistic Animal Loot, not necessary if you're using Hunterborn or Dynamic Loot, I really recommend the latter, it's great and by the Deadly Dragons/Forgotten Magic author. Next page, Mighy Dragons, don't select anything here if you're using the same author's Enhanced Mighty Dragons which is this option just greatly expanded and can be intergrated with Deadly Dragons. If you're not using either Enhanced Mighty Dragons or Deadly Dragons I suggest going for the Mighty Dragons (not unleveled) option. Next page if you've picked any of the previous pick Mix Textures, you also get an identical question in EMD. EMD also includes Mighty Odahviing and Durneviir so skip those if you are using that. The others are optional but Wait more TIme between Dragon Encounters (also available in EMD) can be merged automatically in a Wrye Bash Patch, so that won't take space in your load order. For the Dragon Priests I suggest you don't take them and instead choose either Revenge of the Enemies (SCRIPT FREE! Can be taken out at any time) or Enhanced Dragon Priests (which also goes well with Khonarhik's Accountrements). I do not suggest using an unleveled world if you're using alternate start mods that can put you anywhere in the game to begin with, if you're using mostly vanilla path through the game however it can add realism. Choose the boosted Miraak and Harkon if you wish, just beware it won't integrate with Revenge of the Enemies which is better, and you'll have to use a TES5Merge patch and combine abilities from both mods (and Unofficial Dragonborn/Dawnguard Patch) to make them work together. Boosted Harkon is level 90, boosted Miraak is level 100. The NPC overhauls be aware that if you are using a NPC appearnace overhaul (I suggest Inhabitants of Skyrim and Bijin Warmaidens, latter is extremely good and author just updated it to my request to include Aranea and Eola) it will not intergrate, you'll either get the boosted abilities from the ERSO mod or the appearance, if you want both you HAVE to use a TES5Edit Merge patch. For the rest it's obvious, but I'd suggest the Populated modules and Radiance (also includes wandering Bandit Explorers that can attack at any time) at least. Don't choose the leveling or skill gain if you're using a Perk overhaul module such as SkyRe, SPERG or Perkus Maximus that incldues uncapper settings. A lot of the vendor and popualted ESPs are highly optional, only use them if you have room in your load order, if you are using Mod Organizer I suggest you enable all of them that you want (remember what you do) then right click it, click Information, go to Optional ESP's, then move between the two categories any ESPs you don't have room for in your load order for now, or later any ESPs you find you don't like (note that of the ERSO ones only populated roads with hirable mercenaries have any scripts that will get left in your save, all the others can be uninstalled at any time as long as they are not merged into a merge patch, in which case you have to redo the patch).

Note that aside from changing the interface to the black one I have not done anything at all to Mod Organizer's settings, I'm using the latest version, and I redownloaded the latest version of ERSO just now to make it work, so if you can't make it work in Mod Organizer it's on your end the problem is.

Use the latest version of SKSE, and make sure you have a SKSE ini, if you don't have one make one (wordpad works fine) in the Skyrim/Data/SKSE folder, with the following numbers (these are absolutely maximum, don't go over, and it's going to run much better on just about any setting that the game engine itself can run);

[General]

ClearInvalidRegistrations=1

[Display]

iTintTextureResolution=2048

[Memory]

defaultHeapInitialAllocMB=1024

scrapHeapSizeMB=384

Use LOOT, just do it, and manually order your mods where LOOT fails. For example LOOT has no knowledge of Sexlab mods, so move all of those as low as possible. Also keep the LOOT log open and clean all mods it tells you to clean.

SkSE

Not disputing your advice it appears sound enough, but those SkSE.ini settings may be to much for some peoples systems, though they should try those settings the official recommended settings, that all systems should be able to cope with are.

[General]

ClearInvalidRegistrations=1

[Display]

iTintTextureResolution=2048

[Memory]

DefaultHeapInitialAllocMB=768

ScrapHeapSizeMB=256

LOOT

If any SexLab or LoversLab Mods actually need a LOOT Masterlist entry, the LOOT Team can only add mods to the Masterlist when reported. It may just be the auto sorting is doing it's job correctly.

Only about 300+ Plugins actually require a Masterlist entry to ensure a correct position in the Load Order, most of those 300+ are to take account of specific Script conflicts, hidden within BSA Files.

You are an Mod Organizer user and state you have the latest version, as such you will have seen MO's Mod Priority warning saying they need moving, this is given when MO's Mod Priority doesn't match Plugin Order, when the mod has a BSA File. This is to try and match the LOOT sorting because MO usually manages BSA Files.

Very few Plugins actually need a special ordering instruction from LOOT, the Unnofficial Patches, Dynamic Patchers (like SkyProc mods and Bashed Patch) and the extremely rare "no one seems to know why" mod like Warburg's Map (The only mod that can say it always must go last).

Apart from the BSA scripts issue, the only two things affect a plugins load order

•  
  • All ESM's (and ESMified ESP's) are ordered before ESP's
  • The other plugins, that the plugin under consideration, actually uses, (it's Master Files)

For most mods that is just

Skyrim.ESM + Update.ESM (always paired)

This is the 1st Plugin Group others would be

Skyrim.ESM + Update.ESM + Dawnguard.ESM

Skyrim.ESM + Update.ESM + Hearthfires.ESM

Skyrim.ESM + Update.ESM + Dragonborn.ESM

Then we'd start with the mods (Except Unnofficial Patches are now inbetween each Bethesda Plugin, which is new and unprecedented, they are actually ESM's though still called ESP's).

All that matters to Skyrim and thus LOOT, is that the groups are correctly ordered, not how mods are arranged within each group, if Skyrim Loads the Load Order is correct, the clue is in the name.

What many people fail to consider is that, the FormID conflicts you can view in TES5Edit, are effectively, just like file conflicts. The game doesn't care which wins either conflict.

Your preference may be the opposite of mine, neither is right or wrong, just choices.

These can be decided, only by you, for just your game. LOOT can never know your choice, if you don't let it know. These are called, User Edits, they can easily be set in LOOT, by every user. They are fully documented, so it's time for the old and true saying, RTFM.

Once you've actually set them, LOOT will arrange the mods in your chosen order, every time.

Most MasterList entries are for information reasons like Bash Tags and the warnings you see.

If a LoversLab Mod needs any type of MasterList entries, someone must actually inform the LOOT Team and an entry will be made if required, they don't go hunting for Mods to Add.

Not sure about MO have not updated in some time, last time i updated i had to revert back to older version so kept this stable one for some time.

The older Mod Organizer versions had some issues, but the latest version has fixed all known issues with installers.

Get the latest version, currently

Mod Organizer v1.2.18

All good advice, but I expand on exactly why you need those SKSE.ini settings elsewhere, like my Skyrim Modding Guide. Basically I need it that high, and I need to increase the trash as well to keep from crashing automatically with it that high, and I've asked people who should know and according to everyone I've asked there's no negative effect from leaving your defeault that high even if you don't need it. I don't have access to other computers and so I don't know if others can put defeault even higher or crash even with that scrap setting, but I mention the 768/265 setting elsewhere. This is what I had my game on for a few months until I added even more mods (scripted mods, graphics mods) that ended up crashing the game even with 768, so I increased it to 1024, and I never crash now.

For the Loot, I don't actually know about other Sexlab mods but other users have said all of them needs to be low and LOOT is just wrong about their placement often, but one I can tell for absolutely certain it's wrong about; FoxFingers absolutely brilliant Amorous Adventures absolutely have to be placed at the bottom of your load order, LOOT wants to place it somewhere in the middle of it on the 100 list on a 200 list of mods, however this breaks the mod. If AA is placed before Dragon Combat Overhaul the Dragonborn Desires quest is broken, and if it's placed before Amazing Follower Tweaks (which itself have to be placed after mods like the Underground Bathouse which LOOT places it above) it breaks a later part when followers are meant to be talking together.

I already reported Amorous and AFT's placements to Sharlkran earlier, and his response was pretty much same as yours, manually put in such exceptions yourself, however that's not possible with Mod Organizer's Sort Mods option as opposed to adding LOOT as MO Executable, and I'd rather manually order them in that case.

I really like Perkus as well, I was a playtester in the alpha stage for the mod on Facebook, and I've been testing later parts of the PcAPP patches mod as well with Raullfin (who is an awesome guy). However as it is Perkus is badly bugged, it's stagger and combat scripts are horrendous and cause all other mods to stack dump, it won't kill your game by itself but it will cause things like Frostfall to simply not work.

According to Fishburger, Sexlab Aroused Redux's author, if you set AR's update function to 120 seconds AR has virtually no Papyrus or system impact. I'll see next week or so when I add it back into my fairly heavy but now perfeclty running load order.

If you're looking for a "perfect Skyrim" (totally know the feeling) I've shared some of my ideas on how to get there in the companion thread to this thread, which you can find here; http://www.loverslab.com/topic/43043-skyrim-modding-guide/