Sexlab Troubleshooting

• 3 weeks later...

Yeah big journey you could say that... at the end or possibly halfway of it I've resolved multiple stack dumps and cleaned stuff, I've even made a mod (armor conversion including keywords and bugfixes, didn't get uploaded because a near identical one was made maybe 1 hour before I submitted mine for review), and learned my way around multiple editors and tools. In this process I've gone from using about 300 mods and Nexus Mod Manager to over 800 different mods at different times and using Mod Organizer with 10 different profiles set up, including one Troubleshooting profile solely for loading in suspected mods and stress test them for errors. My Skyrim data file is now so big that my SSD harddrive can't even contain it, so I'm keeping the Data folder on another drive than the drive I'm running the game from, with much better results, if a bit slow start-up (to compare, with my testing profile with a minumum mods I'm inside the game and playing before the lower right corner Steam message pop up that comes when you start a game with steam enabled goes away, on my actual play profiles I don't even see the main menu before that message is gone).

However I've found out pretty damn conclusively that ESFAela's author was absolutely correct, without touching script cleaning or anything that could have broken it I've had stack dumps from Frostfall and a dozen other well known mods that just aren't going to have the kind of bad scripts that you speak of in the troubleshooting document. In fact in every single one of the so far six instances I've solved it, it wasnt' the mod that was dumping that was the problem, it was another mod running over and over somewhere else in the papyrus log, or even in two instances a mod that put one or two error messages in the papyrus log but was still the reason why the other mod was stack dumping. From this I'd guess that this is generally going to be the majroity case, and by getting rid of the stack dumping mods you've gotten rid of healty well made mods and kept bad ones that then just didn't have anything else to kick around. Don't trust the Papyrus log in other words, it's not always right, and you often have to look through script folders specifically and look up a dozen scripts on the net to find the one that's acutally the cause of it.

As a clear example, two mods that was causing stack dumps a lot but couldn't be uninstalled for fear of save corruption (happened before) was Flying Mod Beta and Undead FX (puts a zombie look and see through quality with bones sticking out on your reanimated corpses). Both of these mods could be fixed however in game and stop the problem entirley, in FLying Mod Beta it was actually the beta collison script that was causing the problems, once I used the in-game configuration power to turn off that as well as aerial combat the mod works perfectly, you can fly across Skyrim and fly from Riften to Solitude in 2 mins or fly so high on the map that when you hit M you can't even see Skyrim, just emptiness and your indicator there in mid air, then turn it off and fall for 3-5 minutes depending on how high you went, and not see a trace in the Papyrus from it. Undead FX had a MCM menu option that's by default active when you activate the mod that caused the bad scripts to fire if you happen to be using a Perk overhaul mod that confuses it, by unchecking the box in the MCM menu that fixed Undead FX and ended the stack dumps in that save.

So yeah the bit on stack dumps may need a rewrite...

Also there's a fouth kind of crash that can happen, but you kinda need a) an ENB active and B) to disable the Bethesda logo so you get immediatley to the start up screen to see the difference between such a crash and a missing master crash. If the game then crashes before the upper left corner "ENBseries by..." etc blurb appears, then you have a missing master. If you get past that however but never see the main menu before you crash, then you actually have an interface error, or a mod that conflicts with the verison of Skyrim that you are using. If some mod destroyed the skyrim interface that allowed the Continue etc to appear in the first place (can actually happen) this will happen, if some mod or install corrupted SKSE if you're using that then that crash happens, and if you have a mod installed that specifically does not play well with your current version of Skyrim, this can happen. For me it happened when I tried to make a TES5Edit Merge Patch with an outdated version of the TES5Edit program, when I updated the program and made an identical merge patch with the same changes using that, it went through fine with the exact same load order.

A few;

Duel - Combat Realism; Good mod, adds a lot to combat and the game feels hollow without it, but it throws up tons of papyrus messages all the time, and can lead to crashes. Less noticable if your papyrus messaging is shut off, but how would you know how you're crashing then? If you want a combat AI mod use ERSO - Better Enemy AI (SKyrim/Dawnguard/Dragonborn/Falskaar) and Ultimate Combat (also adds locational damage which is cool).

The Dance of Death - A Killmoves Mod; Outdated, and by now causing errors; switch to VioLens instead, works better and no errors, but turn off ranged killmoves entirely as they tend to foul up aimings often.

Epic Gameplay Overhaul - Very cool mod, adds a ton to your game, but ApolloDown needs to watch his scripts closer. This mod (and all it's components, Dragon Combat Overhaul, Fire and Ice Overhaul, and Civil War Overhaul) is just not recommended at all unless you have a very light load order, if you're above about 150 active mods or multiple script mods (including especially Sexlab Aroused, Frostfall, Moonlight Tales and Vampire overhauls and needs mods) don't use this.

Immersive HUD; The 3.0 verson of the Immersive Hud can cause problems with a heavy load order, use 2.4 instead, it has most of the functions unless you're using a lot of UI widget addon mods, and cause no problems.

OBIS and related mods; ugly papyrus spam, and unwanted effects in game, cool mod but kinda pointless as odds are you're going to outlevel the new bandits in this mod just as fast as the base game's bandits.

Flyign Mod Beta; It's a beta release but it's been like that for a year, so if you want to use it this is what it is. However the only beta part is the Beta Collisions; add to your invnetory when starting the mod "Flying Tome Configuration" and go into Beta Collisions and disable it as well as anything related to aerial combat, and the mod works great with it. Highly reccomend you use Animated Dragon Wings with this, it's not just cool as hell but the wings fix a lot of problems with the basic mod.

UNdead FX; Very cool effect, adds tons of feeling to being an evil necromancer, but papyrus spam and crashes can occur. I wasn't entirely able to figure out which part of the MCM should be shut down to get rid of the messages, try it out while consulting your log, first thing to uncheck is the Dark Souls option if you're using any kind of Perk overhaul system, after that observe your Papyrus log

Immersive Patrols; I never got error messages about this (I got a broken game for removing it through), but a game without this mod runs much better... and quite frankly the "Immersive" part is anything but, those NPCs and vendors tend to show up in places they really shouldnt' and spawn way too often.

Perkus Maximus; Beauitful perk system, wonderful mod... but goddamn it has a lot of script problems. Both the shared scripts, NPC behaviour scripts and combat logic scripts pop up all the time and cause stack dumps on other mods, some of them can be fixed but a lot will just keep going and can't be ended without breaking the mod. I love Perkus, I've been a playtester for the main mod and I'm still help Raulffin with playtesting on some mods on private, but I've decided not to use it anymore until these gets fixed due to my heavy load order.

Sexlab Dragon from Succubus Valley; Tons of papyrus messages on this, and alone it caused SPERG's light load combat system to go into stack dump mode, which ended completely when I took out this mod. Cool mod, but needs extra work.

Sexlab Lover's Comfort; Beautiful mod, adds a lot, but very hard on your system. Not a bad mod by itself but don't use it on a heavy load with many other script mods.

On the other hand entirely for recommended mods, here's one that accomplishes a lot of stuff that the the removed mods above do in a much better way; ERSO, Erikel Skyrim Overhaul, this mod has a ton of ESPs in them and can change the entire game, usually adding a lot of extra enemies and making it way more difficult (especially dragons), but the mod is almost completely script free, you can put it in and you can remove it at any point if you don't like it with no negative impact on your game (after the mandatory wait 30 days for respawns at least, hint "coc quasmoke" "set timescale to 10000" wait 5 minutes, "set timescale to 8" "coc riverwood"). I really reccomend the dragons in particular, just beware that even fightign Mirmulnir is going to be an epic challenge, and Alduin is over level 100, immune to a lot of your attacks, and has over 20.000 health, finally living up to the World Eater name. Combinie it with Deadly Dragons, Ultimate Dragons and World Eater Beater on a TES5Edit Merged patch to make them work together if even that's not enough to sate your masochism tendencies and to challenge your DovahGod properly.

Not at all, if it can help anyone to get a bit less pain out of a heavy modding experience I'm game.

Here's also a few things to make the game run better;

Use the latest version of SKSE, and make sure you have a SKSE ini, if you don't have one make one (wordpad works fine) in the Skyrim/Data/SKSE folder, with the following numbers (these are absolutely maximum, don't go over, and it's going to run much better on just about any setting that the game engine itself can run);

[General]
ClearInvalidRegistrations=1
[Display]
iTintTextureResolution=2048
[Memory]
defaultHeapInitialAllocMB=1024
scrapHeapSizeMB=384

Make sure to remove Safety Load and Showracemenu Precache killer, they are not needed with the SKSE.ini settings above, and can even cause problems

Use EWI's high INIs instead of the base Skyrim inis, set in your resolution by following the instructions in the ini (it includes a lot of extra text with that), then set both Skyrim.ini and skyrimprefes.ini to read-only to make sure they don't get overwriten.

Use LOOT, just do it, and manually order your mods where LOOT fails. For example LOOT has no knowledge of Sexlab mods, so move all of those as low as possible. Also keep the LOOT log open and clean all mods it tells you to clean.

Make sure you run a ENB; I really recommend Realvision ENB, go for one of the light versions for performance if you don't have the best comptuer and make sure to give ENBoost all it's info, which is part of the install for Realivision: http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/30936/? The extra mods mentioned on that page is optional except for the weather mods, but really you can get a good result by ignoring all that and only following the Realivision install itself for only that program and ENBSeries, and if you do that with just the performance version your game will run faster than with no ENB, while looking much better, this has no crash chances at all.

With an ENB active, follow the following guide completely wherever appropriate to minimize CTDs and go for a safer game; http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/50214/?

If you use any sort of NPC appearance alteration, be aware that with it you don't get things like Unofficial Skyrim Patch's changes to those NPCs, which means for example Hroki in Markarth (one of the most popular girls in the base game) will be marked as a child and have 5 in all skills. To make sure you get both NPC appearance changes, bugfixes, and weapon and armor upgrades from mods like Immersive Armors/Weapons (that also edits a large number of NPCs), make a TES5Edit patch. Follow the following instruction to do so, note that a large part of it is for Mod Organizer, but most of it can be applied to a normal game as well;

After you've made your TES5Merged.esp (including removing it's leveled lists and leveled NPCs sections like the video suggests) also make your Bashed Patch, 0.esp using Wrye Bash, follow the following video to do so, without this a lot of things won't be on your leveled lists, meaning you might face enemies that are still set up for your level 1 character, get 8 gold in a treasure chest at level 50, and never see some of the items in treasure chests and on corpses that could be there.

One more mod that should not be used; Nature of the Beast (any version); this mod is incredibly cool, it adds adrenaline rush bullet time, enhanced senses of smell, sight and hearing, custom transformations, dwemer predators and terminators and dwemer rifles and invisibility gadgets... but it's bugged as holy hell, it's going to ruin your save and cause crash after crash after crash. Not worth it at all with that in mind. I keep going back to this mod because it's so cool, but every version they come and every new thing they add just seems to add more problems instead.

Thanks so much Sacremas.  I am pointing everyone to this post in every way I can.  This is all good information and I hope everyone will take the time to read and follow it.

To return the favor, go back to Sex Slaves (get the 4.0 beta version) and take Jenny and the new Sasha as followers.  Take them with you around Skyrim into battle and wherever you go.  I did that last night and I had a blast.  The two girls who did the voices for these two are fabulous and it really increases you enjoyment of the game (at least it did for me).  If you get tired of hearing them sing, you can turn that off in MCM.   If you get tired of the general dialog, there is an MCM menu setting for that as well, but it is so funny that I just leave it turned on.   Jenny is sweet and sexy and Sasha is a hootus maximus.  I laughed for a couple of hours last night while testing.   As long as you don't go back down to the dungeon after completing the Jarls Daughter quest, you can continue using your save when the release comes out in a week or two.

Yeah I'm going to check it out, but as I'm starting a new game now and going to play female character I'd rather wait until the new version comes out. If I get my male character working again (need to clean his save a bit) I'll check out the new content on his profile.

Yeah I'm going to check it out, but as I'm starting a new game now and going to play female character I'd rather wait until the new version comes out. If I get my male character working again (need to clean his save a bit) I'll check out the new content on his profile.

Ya, they are best on a male.  They have done some really good generic dialog lines for both male and female players (combat and situational), but the sex moans are out of this world for male players.

In my opinion, these two companion rival the very best in Skyrim without the sex moans, but with the added fun of having sex with them from time to time, there is nothing else like it.

Sacremas

I have been using your advise extensively and it is helping a lot of people.  Thanks so much.  I had this query on the forums:

The Dance of death? Huh. So that means maybe Violens may also be included since it is kinda similar? Or safer to use? Heartbreaker?

I wonder if you have any experience with these?

Edit:

Ooops, found your violens recommendation in your previous post.  Have passed this on.

You should try out FoxFingers mod Sexlab Amorous Adventures, especially when the new version comes, it basically does that (including the sex) to Lydia, Aela and maybe Jordis.

A few Nexus mods of characters to check out for inspiration, all of these are very well done, professionally voice acted, and has new quests;

Vilja; http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/26393/?

Sofia; http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/54527/?

Arissa; http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/53754/?

Inigo; http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/40960/?

Anna's NPCs v2 (multiple NPCs, many with new bardsongs, quests and world areas, many are available for marriage and such opens sex with Spouses Enhanced if you're not using another mod to add sex); http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/58357/?

Anyway... here's two more tips that helps a lot in stability when modding;

Use the Alternate Start - Live Another Life mod, aside, from making it a lot fresher on how you start and letting you start the game as a member of the dawnguard, dark brotherhood as a vampire, owning a house on Raven Rock, or starting as an alchemist in Blackreach (DO NOT use that start if you use a mod that delevels the world and Blackreach is level 50 or so), the main benefit for me is starting in a neutral cell (same prison where you trace Alicia's bandit masters and the portal to Sanguine's realm to) instead of on the carriage, which allows all your mods to load much easier than normal, and instantly opens the character creation screen. For now, once you have a mod load order that youv'e settled on make a character called Janitor, wait until he autosaves (shortly after a few of your mods ahve loaded), then quit. Whenever you become unable to load your save on your main character, load the Janitor save, wait a few moments, then load the save you want to play; your Janitor has then cleaned up all scripts that was running active even on the main menu or when restarting the game. If you still cannot load after going by Janitor, sorry your save is broken beyond possible belief, I've successfully loaded this way characters that ended up headless in another place in skyrim and naked because I'd uninstalled their face and hair textures, their armor, and the worldspace they were in when I made the save, and still been able to load just fine this method.

Also, whenever you install a new mod don't just check it out ingame, first thing you want to do is check out it's files, specifically that it put all of it's files (esp's, scripts, SKSE data, etc) into the correct folders, as a lot of otherwise good mods are stupidly bundled, like I just an hour ago found out that SPERG is bundled this way and needs to have the patches and uncapper manually moved after installing the mod. This is easiest done in Mod Organizer by opening the mod in explorer, in NMM you have to look around your Data folder for new things. Also do this when you decide to uninstall a mod, first find out exactly what's in the mod you're uninstalling, loose files is best as opposed to bsa archives because you don't have to unpack those, and in loose archives you can tell immediately if this has scripts and SKSE plugins that will cause save game bloat and kill your save if you uinstall, or if it's only got a ESP, meshes and textures; the majority of armor mods, weapon mods, hairs, tattoos and even many new monsters (including the ERSO dragons) can be uninstalled without a problem mid play, you can even uninstall an armor while you're wearing it, this is fine as long as the armor wasn't giving you a magical bonus of some kind (including if you've enchanted it) which wasn't uninstalled with it (only in the case of armors that come pre-enchanted with new enchantments, example being a unique fortify carry weight on an unenchantable satchel such as that in the Tembtra Thief Armor for example, uninstall that and it's not going to keep, uninstall Bandoliers and Pouches which gives vanilla fortify carry weight and you'll have the permanent bonus of the items you were wearing, including if you reinstall B&P), because in that case you have that magic effect permanently on your character, but the armor bonus and such goes away fine. Note that Skyrim Redone and Perkus Maximus's armor set bonuses count as enchantments that will stick if you uninstall the mod (or even just uncheck the reproccer's ESP).

Thanks again.  Was looking at Annas NPC and I don't know why she only has 1600 endorsements.  Thats pretty low for Nexus.

However, I don't think you'll find a better pair of companions that Jenny and Sasha.  I've tried Arissa and don't care for her.  She also breaks a lot of stuff including Sex Slaves.

Villja is dog doodo compared to Jenny and Sasha.

Haven't tried the rest. 

Anna has few endorsements because it's a fairly new mod that combines three of her other mods (Anna's v1, Anduniel, and Nadina), Anduniel had over 2000 endorsements. She's the most well done of the NPCs, with multiple quests and thousands of lines of dialogue.

Anna NPCs don't like Sex Slaves either, I brought Anduniel into the Captured sequence and Andie was smarter than Archerone, she never got caught no matter what I did, she one time walked naked through the scene looking for me, but she never got into the stocks so broke Archerone's script. Worked fine when I told her to go back to Morthal and wait for me however. Anna's is nice as well because all the NPCs can move into any house marked as a player home, including any mod-added homes. However Sanguine's Pleasure Palace does not count as a home to this degree and they can't move into it, it would be nice to make it a home like for example The Underground Bathouse or Morskom Estate is so you can invite your wife and NPCs that can live in homes that you actually don't want to train first. Otherwise I'm probably going to be using the Bathouse permanetly still as a home and only visit the Palace occasionally.

Also I sometimes (on the other mod-heavy profile) get a crash with a windows error sound going in the background, and a "Visual C++ Runtime Error" message box coming up with Skyrim crashing in the process. I have no idea what the error box says however as Skyrim is still full-screen while crashed and can't be minimized, and when I use program manager to shut down Skyrim the error box goes away as well. Has anyone encountered that before or know how to get rid of it? It usually happens when I try to run something script-heavy, such as a teleport or a sex scene (for example it just crashed with that error when I asked Jenn Winglow for group sex).

For now I'm going to try to update my Visual C++ to the latest version and see if that fixes it.

EDIT: That didn't work, according to the microsoft installers I alraedy have the newest versions of Visual C++, so I need another solution then.

I used to get the runtime error randomly on starting sex scenes, I started a new game and it stopped happening. I don't know why it happened, as I think I had uninstalled one or two mods from that game, but the new game with less script mods has been perfectly stable for me. Just look at script mods and decide if you use them, if you don't get rid of it, for example I had Defeat and Submit, but I have never used a Submit event, so I uninstalled it for my new game, I did this with a few combinations of mods, and suddenly my script run lag is gone.

Sacremas

I have been using your advise extensively and it is helping a lot of people.  Thanks so much.  I had this query on the forums:

The Dance of death? Huh. So that means maybe Violens may also be included since it is kinda similar? Or safer to use? Heartbreaker?

I wonder if you have any experience with these?

Edit:

Ooops, found your violens recommendation in your previous post.  Have passed this on.

I missed this earlier, yeah VioLens is great, really allows you to customize things and is the successor of Dance of Death (which is abandoned by it's author, who told all his followers to use VioLens now) and contains all the killmoves from that mod and several more, including multiple new ones in werewolf form if you enable them in the MCM. Don't let it do killmoves mid combat through unless you're very high level, uncheck that when you get so powerful that it takes several minutes of punishment or uniques that come alone anyway to kill you. As for Heartbreaker, it's by the same guy who made VioLens so probably safe, have not tried it simply because of how limited it is (single kill move, if a cool Temple of Doom/Mortal Kombat one).

Here's another mod that's probably safe; Combat Evolved, this is a script-free combat AI mod that changes a lot of simple things like making Frostbite Venom do low damage for 9 seconds instead of medium damage for 5 and changes behaviour parameters for some spells, I've had it open in TES5Edit and looked it over and it seems like it basically does a lot of things that the ERSO AI modules do, but even more so, making combat even more lethal and dynamic potentially, and switching around on some AI packages. I'm about to start a game with it, if it fails badly I'll let you know. Note that if you put ERSO's AI mod and Animal/Monsters mod after it in the load order almost the entire mod gets overwritten, so choose for youself which parts you want in TES5Edit by moving it over in your merge patch, or just go all or nothing with either. Both touch on things that the other doesn't, but you're probably not going to notice that much, use the ERSO module or this one.

One mod that needs to be part of your load order permanently even on a very light load game;

Skytweak, a set of tools that allow you to monitor everytthing on your character, look up what the timescale is and change it without console commands, change Legendary difficulty to that you take x10 damage but deal same as in Adept, change it so your Smithing levels much faster (or slower) than normal, change your jump height, the damage you take from falls, the damage NPCs take from falls, your speed multiplier, how many times you can train per level, what training costs, what skill is needed to get an item to Legendary (maybe you think a weapon needs to do minimum 500 damage from stacking enhance smithing to be worthy of being called "legendary" for example), how well protected you can be (maybe armor can get you to 99 % reduction, or it caps at 50 %) and so on. Even if you don't change anything, use it to monitor your game and look up for example what your Perk or Magic overhaul mod does with the Dual Cast feat, or what your resistances are, or what the maximum resistance you can have is.

Also... here's some mods that work great, have no errors, and will add tons to your game;

SPERG (best perk overhaul mod I've found with the least amount of errors or problems for your game, makes every playstyle viable rather than basically only combat assassins, but makes combat assassins scary good as well); http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/24445/?

Falskaar (49000 endorsements and counting, this mod got the author a job at Bungie); http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/37994/?

Moonpath to Elseweyr; http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/9782/?

Moon and Star; http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/52397/?

Wyrmstooth; http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/25704/?

Undeath (get the Moon and Star patch, this one's by the ERSO team and lets you do a ritual to become a lich/drgonpriest); http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/40607/?

Apocalypse - Magic of Skyrim (no quest here, but an awesome collection of spells from a genius scripter, let me know when you figure out how to kill someone with a swim speed buff) http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/16225/?

Forgotten Magic Redone (awesome magic mod by the guy who did Deadly Dragons, with spells that evolve and gain experience as you use them, and does some really cool things) http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/35339/?

Imperious - Races of Skyrim (race overhaul mod by the guy behind Apocalypse, inclludes racial quests);  http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/61218/?

Spectraverse - Magic of the Magna-Ge (same guy as Apocalypse, includes a quest with space travel and meeting the god-like children of Magnus the God of Magic); http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/53780/?

Thunderchild (entirely new shouts based on original ones by the guy who made Apocalypse etc, this is one of my favorite mods ever, cause meteors to fall from the sky, shout out the stars themselves and use their energy in your spells, call down a thunderstrike when you hit with your weapon, cause a snowstorm to cover your sneaking, shout apart your enemy's magic resistance, summon a tower to cast enhanced spells from, teleport, and so on) http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/41376/?

Ruminations on the Romtulaag (Alters existing dragon shouts to make them genuinely useful, adds basically a quest as you need to find new tomes spread across SKyrim and Dawnguard that has all the new powers you get, each power is an active Magic Effect like Paarthunax's Fire Within etc, which can be learned from one of these books); http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/9749/?

Dragons!

Deadly Dragons (get Deadly Monsters as well, even if you go for just Deadly Dragons and Deadly monsters out of all these mods, you can use those two along with SkyTweak to change the difficulty of your game entirely and make a game overhaul while never leaving the game itself); http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/3829/?

Ultimate Dragons (New animations and kill moves and behaviour for Dragons, does a lot of the same things that Dragon COmbat Overhaul did but doesn't kill your game in the process, turn off it's hp scaling however and let Deadly handle that) http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/55206/?

Enhanced Mighty Dragons (by the guy who did ERSO, use this instead of the dragons in that as this is a bigger version with more customization options, go for Mighty + Deadly) http://erkeilmods.altervista.org/skyrim/enhanced-mighty-dragons/

World Eater Beater! (Alduin's kind of a whuss even at level 100 with 20.000 health... what if he was an actual god who could actually eat the world? Includes mini adventure inside the stomach of the World Eater, by the Wheels of Lull guy - DISABLE any script mod that can be disabled in MCM like Aroused, Frostfall and needs mod when fighting Alduin or you will crash, do that and you'll be fine, and it doesn't touch your game until you do the final part of the main quest); http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/53350/?

Make sure to go over dragons in TES5Edit with a merge patch and make sure the ones who are altered by multiple mods (Dawnguard dragons, Duhrneviir, Dragonborn dragons, and Alduin) gets all the changes they should. Hint; you can drag and drop values between mods. Make sure Ruminations win for Duhrneviir and Odahviing, make sure World Eater Beater wins for Alduin.

The following mods all have to do with Dwemer, you'll meet Dwemer, you'll find new dungeons, AIs, computers, become a cyborg, travel through time and go to the moon and a space station;

Hanging Gardens; http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/30279/?

The Lost Wonders of Mzark; http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/36317/?

Wheels of Lull (top quest mod of 2014, by Trainwiz, the World Eater Beater guy) http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/58672/?

Fyr Manor (a house mod actually but combines very good with Wheels, especially considering same guy made them, this is a house that exists in multiple dimensions, includes an attached city, fabricators and a portal to the soul cairn); http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/50115/?

Dwemertech (this is a magic mod actually by the guy behind Apocalypse, Thunderchild and Specraverse, includes a quest with time travel and space travel, cybernetics and computers); http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/56037/?

And the big one, also Dwemer related, a companion unlike any other, who would reduce Jenny to a babbling lunatic or pile of ashes... or both at the same time, INSANELY overpowered but you can actually tell him not to be (he won't like it);

Brhuce Hammar Legacy, by the guy who made Wheels of Lull and World Eater Beater, a quote from the description; http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/44557/?

-Five huge quests offered by Brhuce, that will take you through the planes of Oblivion (including Quagmire!), let you explore a dwemer space station in zero-g, raid the ruins of a daedric prince, fend off an alien invasion, and even pilot your own giant robot!

-Tons of new locations, new Oblivion realms, the Lost Dwemer Station of Khagrenzell, to the ancient Zhatterdome, and even Sanguine's secret lair of... things.

-The ability to pilot your own giant robot! That's right, you and Brhuce may climb aboard your own mech, and pilot it against kaiju, defending Skyrim from various foes, and claim rewards for doing so!

-New enemies, from the deadly Brhucebot, the fit Swole Troll, to the mysterious Salmon of Doubt.

-New armors, weapons, and spells all available through the quests. New artifacts, spells that can be used underwater, and I think we already mentioned the robot horse, but you get one.

Also I sometimes (on the other mod-heavy profile) get a crash with a windows error sound going in the background, and a "Visual C++ Runtime Error" message box coming up with Skyrim crashing in the process. I have no idea what the error box says however as Skyrim is still full-screen while crashed and can't be minimized, and when I use program manager to shut down Skyrim the error box goes away as well. Has anyone encountered that before or know how to get rid of it? It usually happens when I try to run something script-heavy, such as a teleport or a sex scene (for example it just crashed with that error when I asked Jenn Winglow for group sex).

For now I'm going to try to update my Visual C++ to the latest version and see if that fixes it.

EDIT: That didn't work, according to the microsoft installers I alraedy have the newest versions of Visual C++, so I need another solution then.

I used to get the runtime error randomly on starting sex scenes, I started a new game and it stopped happening. I don't know why it happened, as I think I had uninstalled one or two mods from that game, but the new game with less script mods has been perfectly stable for me. Just look at script mods and decide if you use them, if you don't get rid of it, for example I had Defeat and Submit, but I have never used a Submit event, so I uninstalled it for my new game, I did this with a few combinations of mods, and suddenly my script run lag is gone.

I've had it on multiple profiles and consulted various people, it seems to be related to crapware on your computer (including antiviruses) that don't like FNIS very much, as this can happen with the mods that use that. It's completely random, and you can play for weeks on a save and start getting it without having changed your load order at all. Reducing script mods helps, but there's so many really good script mods that your game would be diminished without (don't do both Defeat and Submit though, just one, I prefer Submit due to the dialogue addons and the option to be the aggressor, but if you combine multiple defeat mods like Death Alternative without patches expect crashes), so it becomes a very careful miser's game as you look over your load order extremely carefully evey time. ALmost all of the above can be added into a game though without significant impact, with a very big exception on Brhuce Hammar and World Eater Beater, you kinda need a light load for that, or Alduin/Brhuce will chew up your world and spit it at you. However they're actually worth it, and doesn't cause issues on their own, they're just very heavy on the system.

I was wondering why Underground bathe-house was not on the list of troublesome mods ??  This mod was actually even more script heavy then any of the other mods out there in the list you posted ??

You are right, but the scripts are related to the UB area and NPCs.  I have UB on one of my test machines and I never crash.  That is why I didn't list it.  Maybe if you are taking UB NPCs as followers you might have issues, but I have never tried that.

Nope, UB residents are script free once out of the bathouse, everything in them is related to the bathouse itself. It's script heavy as hell but it's one of the safest places in skyrim to uninstall mods and redo your PerMa reproccer, while I have lagged like a snail in there (including once the teleport script lagging so much that when I clicked four different places iwth no effect, saved, and reloaded, I rapidly teleported between those four towns), the only times I've crashed in the Bathouse was when I teleported into it with 6+ followers with me that were all set up to equip other high def gear (well lingerie and bathing suits) and every single resident had custom skin, hair and clothing (TERA armors, lingerie, etc), and even then it took a lot to crash in there.

The brilliant thing about the Bathouse is that every single script in it is restricted only to the Bathouse and Paradise Valley areas, and nothing else, unless you're planning on going on a killing spree inside the bathouse you have nothing to worry about, also you can get that visual c++ error more often inside the bathouse when sexing up your harem (had it twice and I've had sex under water in that place), but as long as you keep the Dark Area (for ZaZ fun with the Zaz Plugin) and smithing area as separate areas and don't put magical gear on your mannekins (all mannekins both here and elsewere add the magic properties of whatever it's wearing to everyone inside, so if you got a hood with a constant detect life, you'll have it permanently in the house where that hood is on a mannekin) then you'll be fine, play around with it as much as you want. It's my favorite house mod and I keep going back to it even in immersive and gritty playthroughs.

Here's a bit of a test run, I ran around for 10 minutes with Perkus Maximus, Duel Combat Realism and Dragon Combat Overhaul active but otherwise about 20 mods, I started a friendly dragon vs 2 hostile dragons vs guards fight on the Windhelm Docks (a place where in the vanilla unmodded game you shouldn't even cause a crime event or risk crashing), aside from Dragon Combat Overhaul not giving one twofer about TGM console command and having it's dragons kill me while in god mode everything went well. Papyrus log attached, and the main issue as you can see is Perkus Maximus's Combat Logic and other scripts running like berserk. Just don't use that mod if you're using many more mods than I have active now, the perks are brilliant but it should have had more playtesting to get rid of the bugs before release. Duel's DuelPlayerProc script is hitting up my Papyrus but I didn't crash ever, or even slow down, I could have summoned ten dragons and 200 stormcloaks and not really felt it with my game settings as outlined on the previous page with such a low load order. Also I have Realivision ENB, Climates of Tamriel and Enhanced Lights and FX active and the game looks really good while at it, and it takes 2 mins to go from windows to where I'm running around in-game, vs the 5-8 mins on my normal load. Really, if you have a very low load order (~50 mods or so) you can ignore entirely all my advice about mods you shouldn't use, because you're not even going to notice it, add whichever one or two of them you want.

Fish, can you give me quest stages to get to the Captured scene so I don't have to run through the quest? I need quest stages that need to be active, probably the stage once Tzollaman is dead and you're supposed to have the key, then I'll just console open the trapdoor. This is not for actual play, I want to run at that scene in my low load order and see how many mods and stuff I need to add in order to break it, and contra how I can save it by taking things out.

Papyrus.0.log

More mods that can be added to the list;

Sexlab Spectators; cool feature but it draws a ton more resources than you'd expect, even firing off in the wilderness or when not doing sex scenes. In a medium to heavy load this should be removed.

Immersive First Person View; Very cool mod... but the following mod does exactly the same thing, with no papyrus impact or game performance problems at all; SKSE Enhanced Camera. Note as this is first person while chopping wood and smithing it can can strain a bit on your system depending on what else is going on in the room, if you have four companions sandboxing around in your smithing room all with high def armors, skin and hair, expect very large framerate drops, just zoom out to thrird person when smithing with those conditions.

As suggested here's the tips on recognizing papyrus errors as opposed to just normal runtime logging;

Things like a mod checking for various vampirism overhauls, needs mods, cloaks, and so on can be ignored, on a big load order that's going to take up several pages alone, but it's completely benign. A simple example from Live Another Life, a error-free mod;

[02/01/2015 - 12:02:18AM] LAL: Hearthfire detected.
[02/01/2015 - 12:02:18AM] LAL: Dragonborn detected.
[02/01/2015 - 12:02:18AM] ERROR: File "Chesko_Frostfall.esp" does not exist or is not currently loaded.
stack:
    <unknown self>.Game.GetFormFromFile() - "<native>" Line ?
    [ARTHLALVersionTracking (F2049F33)].arth_lal_versiontrackingscript.DLCSupportCheck() - "ARTH_LAL_VersionTrackingScript.psc" Line ?
    [ARTHLALVersionTracking (F2049F33)].arth_lal_versiontrackingscript.OnInit() - "ARTH_LAL_VersionTrackingScript.psc" Line ?
[02/01/2015 - 12:02:18AM] LAL: Helgen Reborn detected.
[02/01/2015 - 12:02:18AM] ERROR: File "Morskom.esp" does not exist or is not currently loaded.
stack:
    [ARTHLALVersionTracking (F2049F33)].arth_lal_versiontrackingscript.DLCSupportCheck() - "ARTH_LAL_VersionTrackingScript.psc" Line ?
    [ARTHLALVersionTracking (F2049F33)].arth_lal_versiontrackingscript.OnInit() - "ARTH_LAL_VersionTrackingScript.psc" Line ?
[02/01/2015 - 12:02:18AM] ERROR: File "teg_returntohelgen.esp" does not exist or is not currently loaded.
stack:
[02/01/2015 - 12:02:18AM] ERROR: File "Keld-Nar.esp" does not exist or is not currently loaded.
stack:
[02/01/2015 - 12:02:18AM] ==== LAL: DLC and Mod support check - Done. ====

All of those messages are simply Live Another Life checking if you have mods installed and enabling certain Lives and disabling others, like if a new dungeon was placed in the life's starting area that would conflict. Live Another Life checks for Helgen Reborn and Morskom Estate for example and if it finds either one of these it disables the "I was caught crossing the border illegally" start which leads to the vanilla Helgen sequence, I'm not sure of what Morskom does but Helgen Reborn ruins all the navmeshes that the horse carriage needs in order to finish the journey (absolutely necessary for the rebuilt Helgen to allow it's NPCs to walk around like in a normal town, unavoidable and otherwise awesome mod), if you've had instances of the horse carriage being way up in the clouds when your eyes opens then this is a likely cause. Note that Arthmoor and team is working ona  beta version of LAL now that puts the vanilla start back in even with Helgen Reborn, so stay tuned on that mod's nexus page for updates.

The actual error messages start after you see the first of the following blurbs;

[02/01/2015 - 12:02:18AM] VM is freezing...
[02/01/2015 - 12:02:18AM] VM is frozen
[02/01/2015 - 12:02:18AM] Reverting game...

After that it's actual error mesages that's coming up, one example;

[02/01/2015 - 12:02:19AM] Warning: Property TitanMaxHealth on script MASKagrenarScript attached to MASKagrenar (79005E60) cannot be initialized because the script no longer contains that property

This is a clear example of a leftover script still firing away in your save because you've uninstalled it's parent mod, specifically this is an enemy AI and scaling script. Use Save Game cleaner to get rid of them, but expect errors, quite frankly you should consider starting the game all over again if you're forced to uninstall script mods, this is a virgin 3 hour save on a level 2 character so I have no issues with that, however I intend to put the mod that the script was attached to back in as I just took it out to test something, and will revert to a save before I uninstalled, leaving the script intact and harmless.

Another mod on the list of do not use ever;

Jaxnoz Utilities and Jaxnoz Smart Loot; This is really the same mod, as the Smart Loot was included in Utilities. The rest of Utilities is aweosme, you can rename your horse, put a map marker on your companion, a fastt travel marker to that cool view you wanted to go to for screenshots later, move your bed to another place in the room, and so on. But Smart Loot is included as well, and it updates 2 times per second... just imagine what that will do to your available resources that things like Sexlab, Frostfall and any number of mods need. Do not use it.

Another mod on the list of do not use ever;

Jaxnoz Utilities and Jaxnoz Smart Loot; This is really the same mod, as the Smart Loot was included in Utilities. The rest of Utilities is aweosme, you can rename your horse, put a map marker on your companion, a fastt travel marker to that cool view you wanted to go to for screenshots later, move your bed to another place in the room, and so on. But Smart Loot is included as well, and it updates 2 times per second... just imagine what that will do to your available resources that things like Sexlab, Frostfall and any number of mods need. Do not use it.

You Can Actually Turn Smart Loot Off In The MCM Menu, In Fact, You Can Turn Each Mod On Or Off Individually Within The MCM Menu For Jaxons Utilities...