Fallout Lonestar announcement.

Womb Raider

The announcement for Fallout Lonestar was made, this won't be a direct sequel in the series "but neither was New Vegas", and unlike the last two fallout releases; the entire project will be maintained by members of the Fallout mod community. 

There isn't an official release date, but we do have some pretty great screen shots, and some information from what seems to be the head developer. 

Links and trailers down bellow. 

Press Release: http://kotaku.com/modders-are-turning-fallout-new-vegas-into-a-whole-new-1659760109

Dev Diary Trailer: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=801udOUwmKA

post-211228-0-16521800-1416278562_thumb.jpg

the Project Lead doesn't do anything but say yes or no while the modders do the work

Isn't like how P:Frontier works? ... :P just kiddin...

anyway, very happy to see a new mod, not happy about the fact there are already some nice huge projects, all started and never ended. It wouldn't be bad if modders stick a lil more together instead of everyone saying "I have a new wonderful idea for a mod, let's do it! but first, let's showcase some bada$$ pictures and videos, because this is what really counts, not the fact that prolly we'll never finish this stuff..."

It wouldn't be bad if modders stick a lil more together instead of everyone saying "I have a new wonderful idea for a mod, let's do it! but first, let's showcase some bada$$ pictures and videos, because this is what really counts, not the fact that prolly we'll never finish this stuff..."

That's also my view. Until I see actual ingame footage and more than just art and design concepts, I won't hold my breath.

Years is correct. I have a friend in Lonestar team and he says he expects it to finish (if everything goes well continuously) within two to three years. Apparently other members of the Lonestar claim none of the Geck work has started yet, it's all in concepts and the story written on paper.

Although, there is another darkhorse factor which makes this whole process more interesting but I will not say anything until the information I have is "confirmed". To the point where Fallout 4 could actually be affected by this project...

Years is correct.

Yep. As an example, the Skywind project for Skyrim. AFAIK they started the project when the construcion kit was released.

And they have It 'easy' as they they know what to do, they have to re-create (and improve), not to create. Even that, the amount of work they did and have to do yet is huge. ITTR they'll release a more playabe alpha during mid 2015. Thus, the complete mod could be finished for 2016, perhaps?

If the Lonestar project goes on, maybe it ends up being released for FO4. Something like Project Brazil, planned for FO3 but released for FONV.

Archived