A Noob does: Bodyslide 2,HDT conversions [HALTED]

bah why wait...

If you need to convert from any unp armor type (be it top model, dream girl, sevenbase, bombshell, unpb, etc) to CBBE...

I put a resources file up on the Unified UNP page.

With that package you can take any of the 1 shapes and turn it into a cbbe 1 shape that is the base shape that body slide uses.... I probably should have put that on the page over there but yeah it can be done.

Just load the body in question as a reference in outfit studio.

Then create a new slider and use the "CBBE base shape" object file as the data for the slider.

The end result will be a slider that will take the body from what ever to a cbbe shape.

I put that out there so people could use it, but it takes knowing how to create a slider and how to load a reference to make it work (which both are very easy to do).

Now bodies I don't have in there are things like the manga body and chbshk or what ever it's called (but there should already be a chbsk to cbbe in OS).

On weight painting in Outfit Studio.

I find it best to turn off the textures (t button) to allow you to see where the weight painting is on an armor (especially on darker textured armors).

Also when weight painting turn of the "X mirror" option under edit... if you don't you'll end up with the weight being copied onto the other side of the armor as well (this is bad when doing arm or leg weights).

Hold the "Alt" key and click drag the mouse to remove excess weight painting.

And turn the brush size down to around 20 or so for most general area's.

Drop the brush size further down if you are weight painting in a very fine area (like between the breast on the base shape).

Other things to note: When you highlight a mesh in the mesh list then switch to the bones you will only see colored areas for the bones that are painted for that mesh.

Once you finish with one mesh, you need to go back to the mesh list and highlight the next mesh and check and clean bone weights for that mesh, and repeat the process for every mesh in the outfit....

You can minimize meshes you are not working on the weight paints for before switching to the bone list (it makes it easier for items that are under a mesh to be painted this way). Just don't try to work on the weight painting of something that is minimized/hidden... it never ends well.

You can do a selective bone copy by highlighting the reference mesh then flip over to the bone list and hold the "Ctrl" key and then click each bone you want to copy into an outfit. With them high lighted go back to the mesh list and right click and "copy bone weights" into each mesh of the outfit.

Note: Parts that a bone does not touch will not actually copy into it (IE butt bones don't copy onto a bra {unless its a reallly really big bra}).

That's all I can think of so I'll leave ya to doing what ya do... have fun.

Oh and if I somehow didn't create an object file for the cbbe base shape then just load that shape as an outfit. Then highlight it in the mesh panel then go to the top and click on "Shape" then "export shape to object" and name it "CBBE shape".

Other things to note: To build a slider from the object file both the body the slider is for and the object file need to have the same vertices count. So don't use the base shape from the 9477 folder with any of the bodies in the original or the 6850 folders (OS will tell you they don't share the same vertices count).

So use the base shape from the 6850 folder and the bodies in the 6850 folder and you'll have your conversion slider.

bah why wait...

If you need to convert from any unp armor type (be it top model, dream girl, sevenbase, bombshell, unpb, etc) to CBBE...

I put a resources file up on the Unified UNP page.

With that package you can take any of the 1 shapes and turn it into a cbbe 1 shape that is the base shape that body slide uses.... I probably should have put that on the page over there but yeah it can be done.

Just load the body in question as a reference in outfit studio.

Then create a new slider and use the "CBBE base shape" object file as the data for the slider.

The end result will be a slider that will take the body from what ever to a cbbe shape.

I put that out there so people could use it, but it takes knowing how to create a slider and how to load a reference to make it work (which both are very easy to do).

Now bodies I don't have in there are things like the manga body and chbshk or what ever it's called (but there should already be a chbsk to cbbe in OS).

On weight painting in Outfit Studio.

I find it best to turn off the textures (t button) to allow you to see where the weight painting is on an armor (especially on darker textured armors).

Also when weight painting turn of the "X mirror" option under edit... if you don't you'll end up with the weight being copied onto the other side of the armor as well (this is bad when doing arm or leg weights).

Hold the "Alt" key and click drag the mouse to remove excess weight painting.

And turn the brush size down to around 20 or so for most general area's.

Drop the brush size further down if you are weight painting in a very fine area (like between the breast on the base shape).

Other things to note: When you highlight a mesh in the mesh list then switch to the bones you will only see colored areas for the bones that are painted for that mesh.

Once you finish with one mesh, you need to go back to the mesh list and highlight the next mesh and check and clean bone weights for that mesh, and repeat the process for every mesh in the outfit....

You can minimize meshes you are not working on the weight paints for before switching to the bone list (it makes it easier for items that are under a mesh to be painted this way). Just don't try to work on the weight painting of something that is minimized/hidden... it never ends well.

You can do a selective bone copy by highlighting the reference mesh then flip over to the bone list and hold the "Ctrl" key and then click each bone you want to copy into an outfit. With them high lighted go back to the mesh list and right click and "copy bone weights" into each mesh of the outfit.

Note: Parts that a bone does not touch will not actually copy into it (IE butt bones don't copy onto a bra {unless its a reallly really big bra}).

That's all I can think of so I'll leave ya to doing what ya do... have fun.

Oh and if I somehow didn't create an object file for the cbbe base shape then just load that shape as an outfit. Then highlight it in the mesh panel then go to the top and click on "Shape" then "export shape to object" and name it "CBBE shape".

Other things to note: To build a slider from the object file both the body the slider is for and the object file need to have the same vertices count. So don't use the base shape from the 9477 folder with any of the bodies in the original or the 6850 folders (OS will tell you they don't share the same vertices count).

So use the base shape from the 6850 folder and the bodies in the 6850 folder and you'll have your conversion slider.

thanks I will have a look.

edit: 2 hard 4 me

edit 2: can't find CBBE base shape obj

edit 3 : there is no obj file my life is a lie.

Heyo A Noob

You did 31 conversions in the last 2-3 weeks!!!! and for that We Thank You!!

When you will start on the Citrus ill jump too and gladly use your conversion and post pics of your stuff.....until then take a break and relax(play skyrim :P)...you deserve it!

Cheers Mate!

This is the fucking truth right here.

I still think you should pack it all up in a single mod. It's an eclectic mix of outfits, but it still rox ur sox.

Heyo A Noob

You did 31 conversions in the last 2-3 weeks!!!! and for that We Thank You!!

When you will start on the Citrus ill jump too and gladly use your conversion and post pics of your stuff.....until then take a break and relax(play skyrim :P)...you deserve it!

Cheers Mate!

This is the fucking truth right here.

I still think you should pack it all up in a single mod. It's an eclectic mix of outfits, but it still rox ur sox.

well thanks for the compliment.

hmm. with unified UNP I can conform armors easily but. I still get animation clipping issues with it. I really wish if someone made something like a bodyslide weighting tutorial so that I can learn from it and make the armors stop clipping. I know that increasing the distance between the armor and body will fix these problem but there are some armors that wont work even if you do that (very skimpy armors). and sometimes it will will look bad.

so if anybody know where I could go to learn how to weight in bodyslide please tell me.

and on another note.

would you like to see armors that has a belly node in it that will allow the armor to scale with pregnant belly when pregnant.

I tried to use PSB but I don't really like that we have to make the big belly slide at 50% to make it work.

And I also tried the HDT body but I don't like that either. mostly because it doesn't work for me for some reason.

I know that there are other pregnant bodies out there but I dunno where they are.

so if you have any suggestions please tell me.

I wonder if there are anything else to say?

edit: oh yeah I remember!

I'm getting some butt crushing animation happening to me if you got any idea on how to if is please tell me.

I use

CBBE body ver 3.3

HDT physics extension ver 14.28

XP32 Maximum skelleton extender ver 2.20

Bodyslide2 ver 2.2c

any idea?

Shura Armor from: asianboy345

get that armor from here!

http://modtype.doorblog.jp/archives/31395163.html

d7f1166c.jpg

Image taken from: SKYRIM MODTYPE

problem: there is a panty problem with this armor. I dunno why but I the panty does not move with the animation smoothley.

(wear this armor and crouch and you will see what i mean)

if you can fix this them please tell me because I really like this armor.

Shura armor Bodyslide2.zip

Shura armor Bodyslide2 HDT.zip

I know a bunch of people that would love you forver if you start converting stuff for mcbm too. :P

I can't do Sh*** at the moment  cause I ain't got my PC at home, it is all out for repair.

Think about it ^^   If you don't wanna do that no problem, I just saw a chance when I saw your stuff.

It looks really good to me.

Keep up the good work anyway.

Sincerely M4rth

Hello there A Noob :)

I would like to let you know that there's some problems with your Bodyslide conversion of Osare Maid Outfit.

post-92217-0-58618500-1418004734_thumb.pngpost-92217-0-46088100-1418004722_thumb.pngpost-92217-0-43838000-1418004707_thumb.png

1. Both Maid Apron and Maid Skirt (Black Color) are having heavy clipping issues, the butt is sticking out of the skirt same goes to the apron.

I already tested other colors (Red,Purple,Pink,Blue,Brown) of the skirt and it fits perfectly! there's no clipping to be seen at all.

2. Here's another problem that i have noticed, wearing any colors of the Maid Clothes like Red,Purple,Blue,Brown,Pink doesn't seem to have any colors at all instead the color of the clothes appear to be black just like the default Maid Clothes color,

3. All of the colors of Maid Kneesocks are having some minor clipping issue behind the feet, but it can be fixed by wearing any colors of Maid Shoes.

post-92217-0-77582700-1418004541_thumb.png

I can safely confirm that all of the colors of Amulets,Armlets,Kneesocks,Shoes, are working as intended! :D

I would like to let you know that there's some problems with your Bodyslide conversion of Osare Maid Outfit.

1. Both Maid Apron and Maid Skirt (Black Color) are having heavy clipping issues, the butt is sticking out of the skirt same goes to the apron.

I already tested other colors (Red,Purple,Pink,Blue,Brown) of the skirt and it fits perfectly! there's no clipping to be seen at all.

2. Here's another problem that i have noticed, wearing any colors of the Maid Clothes like Red,Purple,Blue,Brown,Pink doesn't seem to have any colors at all instead the color of the clothes appear to be black just like the default Maid Clothes color,

3. All of the colors of Maid Kneesocks are having some minor clipping issue behind the feet, but it can be fixed by wearing any colors of Maid Shoes.

I can safely confirm that all of the colors of Amulets,Armlets,Kneesocks,Shoes, are working as intended! :D

hey thanks for the telling me the problem. have you tried to wear the maid clothing with the osare maid clothes? because I think wearing that would fix this issue because it will replace the body of the character as well.

as for me fixing the clipping problems you will have to wait because I am doing something else right now. you can use my bodyslide files to try to fix it yourself and post in up on loverslab if you want to.

as for the textures I don't know what is going on and I think you will have to find a professional to fix that for you.

hey thanks for the telling me the problem. have you tried to wear the maid clothing with the osare maid clothes? because I think wearing that would fix this issue because it will replace the body of the character as well.

as for me fixing the clipping problems you will have to wait because I am doing something else right now. you can use my bodyslide files to try to fix it yourself and post in up on loverslab if you want to.

as for the textures I don't know what is going on and I think you will have to find a professional to fix that for you.

Do you mean the original Osare Maid Outfit by anano? I already tested the original outfit all of them work as intended especially when wearing Maid Clothes the ones label with Red,Purple,Blue,Brown,Orange,Pink on the Maid Clothes all of them are working as i can see each of them giving the color i want.

13569-1-1333166515.jpg

Here's an example i am equipping the Red Maid Clothes it does give me the reddish color on the outer layer of the clothing. But the problem is when i installed your conversion of Osare Maid Outfit by anano. All of the colors on Maid Clothes doesn't seem to work at all  :( since waaring will only gives the default color which is white and black just like in the girl that is wearing it on the picture i attached above in the spoiler tag the one that's way left <<<.

Do you mean the original Osare Maid Outfit by anano? I already tested the original outfit all of them work as intended especially when wearing Maid Clothes the ones label with Red,Purple,Blue,Brown,Orange,Pink on the Maid Clothes all of them are working as i can see each of them giving the color i want.

13569-1-1333166515.jpg

Here's an example i am equipping the Red Maid Clothes it does give me the reddish color on the outer layer of the clothing. But the problem is when i installed your conversion of Osare Maid Outfit by anano. All of the colors on Maid Clothes doesn't seem to work at all  :( since waaring will only gives the default color which is white and black just like in the girl that is wearing it on the picture i attached above in the spoiler tag the one that's way left <<<.

alright I had a quick look and it seems to be a bodyslide problem where bodyslide automatically assigns the color of all maid outfits.

In the original maid outfit there is only one mesh for all the other colored maid clothing and by using bodyslide it assigns a texture automatically to it witch is black.

I don't know how to solve this problem. the previous armors that I did came with a different mesh of each of the different color it had.

sorry mate but you have to find somebody with better understanding of bodyslide or 3DS MAX to fix this problem for you.

alright I had a quick look and it seems to be a bodyslide problem where bodyslide automatically assigns the color of all maid outfits.

In the original maid outfit there is only one mesh for all the other colored maid clothing and by using bodyslide it assigns a texture automatically to it witch is black.

I don't know how to solve this problem. the previous armors that I did came with a different mesh of each of the different color it had.

sorry mate but you have to find somebody with better understanding of bodyslide or 3DS MAX to fix this problem for you.

Alrighty then :) thank you for letting me know what was the cause of the problem. I guess it's a hit or miss with some conversions that i have tested, such as Spearhead catsuit it works perfectly! while others does have some clipping issues. Anyway keep up the good work! A Noob i will be definitely looking forward to your future conversions once you feel like making them once again :D

Try your hand at 3dsmax!

If you liked Outfit Studio, then once you learn 3dsmax you'll be kicking yourself in the butt for doing things the hard way xD.

(Or wait 'till my maxscript comes along for even easier conversioning if you will)

Anyway enjoy your vacation

Try your hand at 3dsmax!

If you liked Outfit Studio, then once you learn 3dsmax you'll be kicking yourself in the butt for doing things the hard way xD.

(Or wait 'till my maxscript comes along for even easier conversioning if you will)

Anyway enjoy your vacation

thanks for the reply mate. it's just that I don't know where to begin in 3DS Max or Blender. I don't know what a maxscript is but I guessing that has something to do with 3DS Max.  

To start with 3dsmax, you go to the site, register as an unemployed student, and you'll get a license for 1 personal copy.

There's tons of "getting started with 3ds Max" tutorials out there. The Help Files and Starting Tutorials for it are pretty good as well. then there's the Nightasy video set on youtube.

that should get you started (=

To start with 3dsmax, you go to the site, register as an unemployed student, and you'll get a license for 1 personal copy.

There's tons of "getting started with 3ds Max" tutorials out there. The Help Files and Starting Tutorials for it are pretty good as well. then there's the Nightasy video set on youtube.

that should get you started (=

i dunno Monsto, I mean project Citrus is going to come out soon and I don't really have any other use for 3DS Max right now other then adding bodyslide to armors. but I think I will get it because who knows I might decide to make something with it one day when I am good enough.

edit: ohh the license only lasts for 3 years. :(

i dunno Monsto, I mean project Citrus is going to come out soon and I don't really have any other use for 3DS Max right now other then adding bodyslide to armors. but I think I will get it because who knows I might decide to make something with it one day when I am good enough.

edit: ohh the license only lasts for 3 years. :(

I think you can get a renewed license. Autodesk is pretty keen on free software for 'students'. When I last reinstalled 3DS Max I got a completely new license.

Learning a little bit of 3DS Max isn't really that hard to do! There's the NightasyTutorials which are quite popular and decent for getting you started with how to work with 3DS Max and Skyrim files. I wouldn't recommend it as a basis of how to learn actual modeling tho, but it has some neat tips and tricks that you'll be able to pickup. It's best used to learn how you can properly port your creations into Skyrim.

As for actual 3D modeling tutorials; there are plenty of them to find on the web. I subscribed to Digital Tutors for a month and sorta did a crash course for myself. They've got excellent tutorials for pretty much any software you want to use; from beginner to advanced you can learn step by step. I'll probably go back and resubscribe at some point to improve my modelling and actually start to learn texturing (I'm absolutely shit at anything artistic <_< )

Overall, the learning process isn't that difficult if you have the time and motivation to do it! Once you start creating your own basic stuff you'll have a ton of fun. I have a lot of respect for the things Bodyslide and Outfit Studio can do with such minimal tools, but it will never replace actual 3D modeling!

Archived