RaceMenu V3.2.5B

Expired6978

Sigh i cant make the latest xpmse work with RM, im missing all the sliders, older versions work though, but im getting ninode errors and ctds after a while.

I followed the installation instructions but no luck, im probably misunderstanding something.

Sigh i cant make the latest xpmse work with RM, im missing all the sliders, older versions work though, but im getting ninode errors and ctds after a while.

I followed the installation instructions but no luck, im probably misunderstanding something.

Did you make sure that your XPMSEplugin.esp is updated too ? Try reinstalling the XPMSE once. 

Did you make sure that your XPMSEplugin.esp is updated too ? Try reinstalling the XPMSE once. 

Yes i reinstalled it several times, following the instructions, installed xpmse as last after the required mods, overwriting stuff it needed.

Checked the load order, also reinstalled the game, still the sliders arent present, only version 2.06 works for me but im getting ctds and ninode papyrus errors.

Im probably doing something terribly wrong here.

Yes i reinstalled it several times, following the instructions, installed xpmse as last after the required mods, overwriting stuff it needed.

Checked the load order, also reinstalled the game, still the sliders arent present, only version 2.06 works for me but im getting ctds and ninode papyrus errors.

You using MO ? If not, check your folder for Racemenu loose scripts, make sure everything from old CharGen Extension or NiOverride is deleted. I also had a similar issue where I had to place Racemenu and XPMSEplugin at the very end of the load order for the quests to start properly. Try updating everything to last versions, enter game, check racemenu, if the sliders are not here exit Racemenu, wait 1 or 2 minutes, then open it again. 

I did a fresh install of Skyrim yesterday and installed the latest RM beta and XPMSE (from LL). Works without flaws for me on a new save.

You using MO ? If not, check your folder for Racemenu loose scripts, make sure everything from old CharGen Extension or NiOverride is deleted. I also had a similar issue where I had to place Racemenu and XPMSEplugin at the very end of the load order for the quests to start properly. Try updating everything to last versions, enter game, check racemenu, if the sliders are not here exit Racemenu, wait 1 or 2 minutes, then open it again. 

No not using MO, checked the scripts and no loose files present, since its a fresh install of skyrim i used only the last versions of mods and have only a few of them installed.

God this is going to be such a stupid thing that im going to bash my head against a wall when i figure it out.

Thank you for all the suggestions though, much appreciated, going to reinstall again one by one to see if there isnt some conflict.

No not using MO, checked the scripts and no loose files present, since its a fresh install of skyrim i used only the last versions of mods and have only a few of them installed.

God this is going to be such a stupid thing that im going to bash my head against a wall when i figure it out.

Thank you for all the suggestions though, much appreciated, going to reinstall again one by one to see if there isnt some conflict.

Try also giving your load order here and explaining step by step how you installed everything. Since it's a fresh install you shouldn't have many plugins so the problem should also be easy to solve as you say  :D

Try also giving your load order here and explaining step by step how you installed everything. Since it's a fresh install you shouldn't have many plugins so the problem should also be easy to solve as you say  :D

I didnt say its going to be easy to solve, just that its probably something im overlooking :P

Anyway here is my load order:

Skyrim.esm=1

Update.esm=1

Unofficial Skyrim Patch.esp=1

Dawnguard.esm=1

Unofficial Dawnguard Patch.esp=1

Dragonborn.esm=1

Unofficial Dragonborn Patch.esp=1

fox_shop.esm=1

HHairstyles.esp=1

AMatterOfTime.esp=1

MoreTraining_50.esp=1

00FacialExpressions.esp=1

Brawl Bugs CE.esp=1

IMAGINATOR - Visual Control for Skyrim.esp=1

IMAGINATOR - MCMenu.esp=1

Infinite Gold For Merchants.esp=1

dodge.esp=1

ImmersiveFP.esp=1

MikanEyes All in one.esp=1

PerkPointPotion.esp=1

dD - Realistic Ragdoll Force - Realistic.esp=1

PerkusMaximus_Master.esp=1

PerMa Expansion 1 - Wintermyst.esp=1

PerkusMaximus_Mage.esp=1

PerkusMaximus_Thief.esp=1

PerkusMaximus_Warrior.esp=1

zzArmormashups.esp=1

FoxMerged.esp=1

Reduced Distance NPC Greetings.esp=1

SkyUI.esp=1

Customizable Camera.esp=1

[KijikoHair_MalePack].esp=1

Alternate Start - Live Another Life.esp=1

PatchusMaximus.esp=1

FixedEyeAdaption.esp=1

RaceMenuPluginXPMSE.esp=1

ProperWeaponScale.esp=1

RaceMenu.esp=1

RaceMenuPlugin.esp=0

I didnt say its going to be easy to solve, just that its probably something im overlooking :P

Skyrim.esm=1

Update.esm=1

Dawnguard.esm=1

Dragonborn.esm=1

fox_shop.esm=1

HHairstyles.esp=1

AMatterOfTime.esp=1

MoreTraining_50.esp=1

Brawl Bugs CE.esp=1

dodge.esp=1

ImmersiveFP.esp=1

PerkPointPotion.esp=1

PerkusMaximus_Mage.esp=1

zzArmormashups.esp=1

FoxMerged.esp=1

SkyUI.esp=1

PatchusMaximus.esp=1

FixedEyeAdaption.esp=1

ProperWeaponScale.esp=1

RaceMenu.esp=1

RaceMenuPlugin.esp=0

There it is, and yes you're probably going to hit yourself on the head (please don't lol). Place RaceMenuPluginXPMSE.esp UNDER Racemenu.esp on the load order. You don't need (must not !) disable RaceMenuPlugin.esp. Strange that you didn't CTD on start as I believe XPMSE's plugin has Racemenu as a strict master. 

Can't wait for the release version :)

I have two questions on my mind regarding v3:

• Someone wrote about being able to import presets from ECE, if so then how? That would be too awesome to be true.
  • Is version 3 compatible with all the current RM mods? Mimics Plugin, .slot Presets, Overlays etc.

Skyrim.esm=1

Update.esm=1

Dawnguard.esm=1

Dragonborn.esm=1

fox_shop.esm=1

HHairstyles.esp=1

AMatterOfTime.esp=1

MoreTraining_50.esp=1

Brawl Bugs CE.esp=1

dodge.esp=1

ImmersiveFP.esp=1

PerkPointPotion.esp=1

PerkusMaximus_Mage.esp=1

zzArmormashups.esp=1

FoxMerged.esp=1

SkyUI.esp=1

PatchusMaximus.esp=1

FixedEyeAdaption.esp=1

ProperWeaponScale.esp=1

RaceMenu.esp=1

RaceMenuPlugin.esp=0

There it is, and yes you're probably going to hit yourself on the head (please don't lol). Place RaceMenuPluginXPMSE.esp UNDER Racemenu.esp on the load order. You don't need (must not !) disable RaceMenuPlugin.esp. Strange that you didn't CTD on start as I believe XPMSE's plugin has Racemenu as a strict master. 

Auch! :s

But thats the strange thing, none of the xpmse files have any dependencies on them, not even skyrim.esm and i had the xpmse under racemenu.esp before and it still wasnt working :-/

Going to try again :s

Meanwhile the wonders of racemenu's sculpt feature on my imperial :angel:

wsl1li.jpg

Can't wait for the release version :)

I have two questions on my mind regarding v3:

• Someone wrote about being able to import presets from ECE, if so then how? That would be too awesome to be true.
  • Is version 3 compatible with all the current RM mods? Mimics Plugin, .slot Presets, Overlays etc.

You can't import the actual presets, but you can export your entire ECE head, or the one of any pretty follower/NPC, and import it into your own RaceMenu character/preset. It will be stored there as if the shape you imported was a slider morph.

About the second question, yes.

Skyrim.esm=1

Update.esm=1

Dawnguard.esm=1

Dragonborn.esm=1

fox_shop.esm=1

HHairstyles.esp=1

AMatterOfTime.esp=1

MoreTraining_50.esp=1

Brawl Bugs CE.esp=1

dodge.esp=1

ImmersiveFP.esp=1

PerkPointPotion.esp=1

PerkusMaximus_Mage.esp=1

zzArmormashups.esp=1

FoxMerged.esp=1

SkyUI.esp=1

PatchusMaximus.esp=1

FixedEyeAdaption.esp=1

ProperWeaponScale.esp=1

RaceMenu.esp=1

RaceMenuPlugin.esp=0

Auch! :s

But thats the strange thing, none of the xpmse files have any dependencies on them, not even skyrim.esm and i had the xpmse under racemenu.esp before and it still wasnt working :-/

Going to try again :s

Meanwhile the wonders of racemenu's sculpt feature on my imperial :angel:

wsl1li.jpg

No luck and im still getting the same error in papyrus.

[12/21/2014 - 06:52:08PM] ERROR: Method RegisterForNiNodeUpdate not found on RaceMenu. Aborting call and returning None

stack:

[RaceMenu (29000800)].RaceMenu.RegisterEvents() - "racemenu.psc" Line 94

[RaceMenu (29000800)].RaceMenu.OnStartup() - "racemenu.psc" Line 101

[RaceMenu (29000800)].RaceMenu.OnGameReload() - "racemenu.psc" Line 213

[alias Player on quest RaceMenu (29000800)].RaceMenuLoad.OnPlayerLoadGame() - "racemenuload.psc" Line 4

Then there's your answer. You can't change head parts while a vampire, I go into detail of why this occurs in the RaceMenu Nexus comments. This is a vanilla problem; also why the sculptor in Riften tells you to fuck off if you are a vampire.

Dammit then there is no fix? Shit that sucks thanks for letting me know.

[12/21/2014 - 06:52:08PM] ERROR: Method RegisterForNiNodeUpdate not found on RaceMenu. Aborting call and returning None

stack:

[alias Player on quest RaceMenu (29000800)].RaceMenuLoad.OnPlayerLoadGame() - "racemenuload.psc" Line 4

Did you make sure you enabled RacemenuPlugin.esp again ? That Method Register bug was in the old versions of RM, I remember getting one of those on a custom race. 

stack:

Did you make sure you enabled RacemenuPlugin.esp again ? That Method Register bug was in the old versions of RM, I remember getting one of those on a custom race. 

That is an event of skse 1.7.2 which is being developed

stack:

Yes i checked a few times if everything is activated, im not using any custom races either, going to revert back to xpmse 2.06 for now.

Thanks for all the suggestions, with time im probably going to figure out whats wrong, but for now its too much of a headache.

Expired, thank you for your work on Race Menu. I've been using it for a very long time, and it just makes character creation so much better.

I've tried this beta version. I would like to add some suggestions. Some are related to the new sculpting mode, but there are some which are just bugging me since the first versions:

- It would be good if it would be possible to toggle the light and zoom in-out in sculpt mode and maybe in preset mode, too.

- Panning the head in the 3D window in sculpt mode.

- The history is a great function, but it sometimes makes too much history entries and it is difficult to see which are the related activities.

- The brush tool is too strong even on the lowest setting (0.01). I tried to fix some vertices around the nose but it is very hard. On the other hand the maximum setting (5) is overkill.

- I noticed that now overlays are saved in the jslot file and they are properly loaded when loading presets. Thank you for this! I noticed a small bug. When I load a preset with an overlay, the color of the overlay gets loaded on the character but if I go back into the sliders mode the color of the overlay is not always the correct one. It is randomly the default gray. If I start editing that color than I edit that gray color.

- When I use the vanilla preset slider or changing the race, all the extra sliders should reset to their default value. If I open the race menu with a custom character and then use the vanilla preset slider, the vanilla preset gets loaded but it will look strange because the extra sliders remain on their previous value, so I have to manually reset all of them.

- Vampire skin support. I've been adding my custom modification to Race Menu because I would like my vampire characters' skin to look like just like without Race Menu. In short what I do is adding this in the second line (right after "int i = 0") of LoadTints function in racemenu.psc:

If Game.GetPlayer().HasKeyword(Vampire)
    i = 1
EndIf

So some official support with conditional working would be nice. Although this would require are a Skyrim.esm dependent esm file.

- I noticed that when I use the overlays there is no way to truly delete an overlay slot. So for example I set a texture in the body overlay slot 0. Then all I can do is select the "Default" (uppercase) texture. This is not the same as the "default" (lowercase) texture which is basically nothing, but the uppercase one is real overlay with real file and it also gets saved in the jslot file.

Edit:

- When I try to overwrite a preset in the new preset file manager, I click on the preset file. This however still creates a new file.

Edit 2:

- I'm having some trouble inflating/deflating/moving the brows area. The problem is that this area is made from two meshes. I enable the edit mode on the brows mesh, and use deflate for example. But the vertices move separately, even though they were together before the action. This leads to clipping which requires a second step to fix. I think the solution for this would be to check which vertices are very near in different editable meshes and if there are vertices then apply the same transformation on them.

Yeah, that saving over a preset thing bugged me, too. It's not a huge function-breaker, so I didn't mention it. But I guess I should have since the new preset save/load feature is new and needs to be polished.

Without the ability to delete presets, it's a bit annoying since you have presets with names you didn't intend.

Expected behavior is clicking on it will fill in the input box with the name of the preset you just clicked... though if I recall, when you click on it currently, it just hurries up and saves on, and under an arbitrary name, no less.

Considering this is Expired's mod, it's up to him how to make it behave (clicking the name filling the text box or just hurrying up to save). :P But clicking on "Dovahkiin 1", I'd expect it to save as "Dovahkiin 1" and not "Preset_12-21-2014_3-12-14".

But otherwise.. RaceMenu seems to funciton well. It doesn't even feel like a beta. :o I've been confident enough to use the beta on my actual game. Ballsy, I know, but if things go wrong, I'll admit it was my fault. I like to live dangerously! It also helps make sure there aren't unexpected bugs when tested in a "live" environment.

Thank you for letting us beta-test, by the way. Not only is it an awesome mod, but it feels nice to be part of it. :D

For now overwriting preset is possible by naming the preset as existing one (typing the name) and then saving it, but yeah delete option is really needed.

"- When I use the vanilla preset slider or changing the race, all the extra sliders should reset to their default value. If I open the race menu with a custom character and then use the vanilla preset slider, the vanilla preset gets loaded but it will look strange because the extra sliders remain on their previous value, so I have to manually reset all of them."

This also happened to me. First i thought its something on my part but seems like its RM issue.

Archived