CTD on Bethesda logo

Neodarkside

So my game worked perfectly yesterday. I wanted to learn how to make pregnant enabled armor from a online guide found here, https://dragonwhore.wordpress.com/2014/05/23/how-to-create-pregnant-body-and-armor-mod-for-skyrim/

I downloaded Bodyslide 2 and outfit studio, loaded it in NMM, ran the exe. Not sure what I really did but clicked the Build button which told me I changed my female body nif 0 and 1. So I went back into NMM, removed my UNP body and all its extras, reinstalled them so the right female body nif files are back, ran FNIS, ran BOSS. Loaded game.. crash. No matter what I do with making sure my UNP body is in the right order, Skyrim crashes, using SKSE or Vanilla loader, crashes.

Papyrus Error I keep getting is.

[10/31/2014 - 03:18:37PM] Papyrus log opened (PC)
[10/31/2014 - 03:18:37PM] error: Native function GetUseSound in empty state does not match existing signature on linked type Potion. Function will not be bound.
[10/31/2014 - 03:18:37PM] Update budget: 1.200000ms (Extra tasklet budget: 1.200000ms, Load screen budget: 500.000000ms)
[10/31/2014 - 03:18:37PM] Memory page: 128 (min) 512 (max) 76800 (max total)

Am I totally screwed, or can I salvage it?

Also question about Nexus Mod Manager. I've been meaning to restart Skyrim from scratch. Delete everything, start over new completely with fresh install. If I remove Skyrim, does all the mods that were downloaded using NMM remain. So if I delete skyrim all I have to do is open NMM and add my mods back one at a time?

Found the problem, no idea how it got reactivated but Devious Devices For the Masses forces you to take one of the cloaks of skyrim options, it installs one of the options and if its active when I don't use cloaks of skyrim the game crashes instantly upon loading. Not sure why it got activated again but it was.

Fortunately the game works now, unfortunately, my HDT jiggly bodies don't work nor do UNP female Schlongs of Skyrim. Will have to toy with them to get them to work.

Edit: Got the jiggly and schlongs to work again, cept now I get an error upon loading saves, saying something about Papyrus.util not being the newest or something. Anyways, to tired to work on it anymore. its mostly fixed so at least happy.

Found the problem, no idea how it got reactivated but Devious Devices For the Masses forces you to take one of the cloaks of skyrim options, it installs one of the options and if its active when I don't use cloaks of skyrim the game crashes instantly upon loading. Not sure why it got activated again but it was.

Steam applied some sort of update. Just like you it activated some mods I had not activated and I CTD'd on startup. Baffled, I finally turned to TES5Edit.

I don't know how Steam managed to do that or how many people it affected like it did us, but I just wanted to give you a sanity check. :)

Another one that steam reactivating unneeded mod components messed up.  Really couldn't figure it out since my steam didn't update for several days of being online and running fine.  Then, blam, just a few hours after the last time I'd played, ctd on logo.  

I really want to say thank you to folks for figuring this out and posting it!  I'm still pretty new to modding, and it would have taken me a looong time to figure it out on my own.

Archived