Creating an animated penis

Gayton Kerslut

Still to come! I'll probably correct whats wrong with it today, because we changed some things from v2.02.x to v2.03.x. Although I dont really know what are you expecting, but its more like a document explaining how the shape addons work. But if you have any specific doubt, just ask.

The v2.03.009b was a bit of a fail on our end, because we werent expecting to have performance issues. We rushed it, because it had important fixes and features requested. We are now revising the script redesign, to avoid performance problems. I do want to believe that all those problems you are describing are just a result of that

The glitching carts/mount should have been fixed with the last release (v2.03.009b). At least we added a condition to check if the actor is mounted before using the SKSE function that causes it

As for all other problems:

- Check if you have SKSE correctly installed and launchig it (scaling issues are SKSE related)

- go to the MCM module, and disable and enable again the Schlongify option

The opening scene still freaks out despite your additional condition in my last test. I think the player (and the other prisoners) is not considered mounted when attached to the cart.

Interfaces with SexLab nicely. Only thing is if I want to switch animation, the guy goes flaccid so I gotta toggle which animation I want specifically beforehand in the SexLab menu, and then I'm basically stuck with that one. Kinda sucks but, beta will be beta.

We've got a fix for the cartride that is rather brutal but works, might be that it causes side effects in other situations, we will see.

Mr. X, That is very odd, in my tests that never happened. Do you have the latest version of SexLab ? Do you use a specific SexLab-mod to get into the action, if yes, which one(s) ? (does it happen with all of them ?)

I know this is far from essential for now, but I think it would be nice, in synchrony with sexlab, a wet penis texture after penetration, it could get ''wetter'' as the stages get closer to climax... there's a lot of mods that can make body skin looks wet or oiled... is it difficult to add something like it on this mod ? this should be compatible with sexlab of course. 

We've got a fix for the cartride that is rather brutal but works, might be that it causes side effects in other situations, we will see.

Mr. X, That is very odd, in my tests that never happened. Do you have the latest version of SexLab ? Do you use a specific SexLab-mod to get into the action, if yes, which one(s) ? (does it happen with all of them ?)

Fairly certain it's the latest version, I use SexChat as well.

I'll keep experimenting and see if it was just that instance

Thank you, I love this mod. For its intended purpose but probably more for the hilarity afforded by the penis size changing potions. i keep giving the falmer potions to npcs i don't like but can't or won't otherwise fuck over. Yeah Sven, best man in riverwood my ass. On that note maybe having to brawl or something to reduce size past a certain point would be good?

I was going to say that I still get the cart issues on the latest update, then remembered that I am using the xpms+sos skeleton. whoops. You should really make that the default though.  ):<

How does the underwear work? Half the time when I kill and loot someone, unequipall or removeallitems they still have their underwear on, no matter what I do. Is there a way to take them off, or better yet, get rid of them all together?

With the standard body that comes with Skyrim the underwear is part of that standard body and doesn't come off. That's why the first thing you need to consider is a body replacer mod. You will need two different mods, one for males and one for females.

How does the underwear work? Half the time when I kill and loot someone, unequipall or removeallitems they still have their underwear on, no matter what I do. Is there a way to take them off, or better yet, get rid of them all together?

With the standard body that comes with Skyrim the underwear is part of that standard body and doesn't come off. That's why the first thing you need to consider is a body replacer mod. You will need two different mods, one for males and one for females.

SoS is a body replacer ...

SoS is a body replacer ...

Yes :) The funny thing however is, our body replacer also includes the underwear in the default body, but in slot 52.

It is there because if the character does not have a schlong (for example when there is no schlong compatible or enabled for that race) then it is better to let him have an underwear instead of a hole where his schlong should be.

The issue with the permanent underwear that BorisTheFurious and many others are experiencing with the underwear is, that when the script that makes the unique schlong of the specific NPC appear is not running, the underwear appears instead. We are working to find the reasons for this and fix them. Please be patient, we want to make sure we beat that problem with the next release once and for all.

the knee and arrow mod team are at work doing (what I believe to be the same thing you guys have done with SoS) to the breasts and butt.

Kinda makes me wonder if I should even animate breasts/butt anymore,...

Also as a request/suggestion,...is there a way to make erection a key bind instead of a spell? 

Maybe a way to cancel erection too.

Something I'd like to make for this mod myself is a masturbation animation which starts flaccid,...after a bit of jiggling and shaking starts to erect,...then climaxes,..and goes back down.

Also a similar scenario, but a blowjob instead,...and would be used like a foreplay animation before sex animations.

I thought all those TBBPPTBSHTPCHPBBTC (sorry i just lost track of all the weird acronyms) bodies already had that feature ? :) I have to investigate what they are working on, but i guess maybe they work on real physics, which we unfortunately still lack.

Yeah, we were thinking about making it a keybind, not really decided it yet, probably we will add it once we got the most serious bugs under control. The issue with the keybind is that it will only work with the PC.

Looking forward too your animations! be sure to check them ingame once in a while during animating, because the "jiggling" might sometimes lead to unpredictable/undesired displacements. We still have to tweak/reduce that a bit.

I thought all those TBBPPTBSHTPCHPBBTC (sorry i just lost track of all the weird acronyms) bodies already had that feature ? :) I have to investigate what they are working on, but i guess maybe they work on real physics, which we unfortunately still lack.

The animations are done manually and aren't related to physics, so everything is custom-made and modders often release their own set of specific animations for their body type. Arrok makes BBP/TBBP animations (and is a true hero) by hand because there's no breast movement without it.

It's really confusing and annoying. It also requires new armor sets to be weighted and stuff to go along with the animations.

I guess you could imagine that if you had to add new animations for every action (walkforward, walk left, walk right, walk back, walkbackleft, walkbackright, walkforwardleft, walkforward2hweapon, walkleft1hweapon, etc...) for the SOS bones for it to not be completely motionless and "hover", pretty much like every other penis before SOS.

Also, I sent you and vector a message, Smurf!

@Leningrado

It may be possible (SKSE allows that I believe), although for now, its not a priority feature

@Easykill

Such extra features are a bit behind SOS scope, although we might probably change SOS in the future, to better allow for other modders to built their own "behaviour specific" addons. SOS, is just there to provide the penis, animations and things that allow for its customization. Even the "extra" features like dialogue, shop, etc, are only there as helpers for that. Things like "get hard when I see a naked enemy" or "get hard whenever I draw the weapon", etc will maybe be included in a different mod/addon

@Forgotten

We already "fixed" the cart issue, like Smurf mentioned. Its not an optimal fix, but the only one available

@Arrok

I've had someone sending me a msg on Nexus about something like that (maybe its the same person/team?), an animated vagina. I told Smurf about that, and although the mod was targeted mainly at male genitalia, its quite possible to handle vagina addons aswell (or tentacles, or wings, or whatever...). Personally, I feel that the mod's name doesnt really fit, but, having 2 mods that do the exact same thing, is just silly, because SOS already checks for all actors to assign them schlongs. So adapting it to assign other things, is easy and avoids cluttering more papyrus. However, something like Boobs, can be perfectly animated using SOS design and depending on what you want, you dont even need ESPs for that. Like I've mentioned in the past, its very easy to make it run an independent animation withouth scripting/esp, as long as the extra bones being animated have the same name as the "parent" event. Things like running, sneaking, swimming, etc. We do plan to have the erection to start through keybind, but we will have to study the best option for that. Doing it for the PC is fairly easy, things get complicated on NPCs, since its complicated to know what NPC to get erect (we could use the E dialogue/activate aswell, but its kinda meh...)

For the masturbation, I could set a new event for that if you want. Like I told you, I dont mind setting up any behaviours that you or any other modders might see fit.

@Superman

I had planned on adding at least "slots" for action animations to fine tune the penis movement. Its quite easy, but in the penis, also problematic. The problem is, the penis has 2 "states", flaccid and erect. So in order to have a running animation (and since I'm unable to use Havok variables, I suspect its related to either the variables being hardcoded somewhere, or because the design itself doesnt allow it, or maybe because for them to work, they need to be included in the main character's hkx), the only possible way that I may get that to work, is maybe if I use blends within blends, otherwise, running would "reset" it to either flaccid or erect. It will be really tricky to achieve that, but probably not impossible.

Yeah that is fair. It does kinda make sense for sos to serve as a sort of framework.

I am pretty new to this stuff, but I was going through TES5Edit and sos overwrites a ton of the USKP fixes :( I am manually going through things now, but if you could fix that or at least have an installer option for USKP users that would be great.

I'm assuming USKP = Unofficial Skyrim Patch

Should be OK if you load Schlongs of Skyrim.esp before the patches. Most edits SOS does, are in armors, and merely for performance boost, while Schlongifying. The only essential edits are:

- SkinNaked and SkinNakedBeast - For obvious reasons

- High Elf and Wood Elf Torso AA's - allows to fix an error in vanilla forms, that would otherwise cause CTD when player would use those races. If USKP also fixes this, then its ok to overwrite

- Riverwood, Riverwood1, Riverwood2 cells, and navmeshes  - Store related

- RiverwoodLocation  - Store related

(think thats all SOS edits)

It is mostly armours yeah, It isn't what sos changes, it is what it doesn't. Because it modifies the armours to add the sos concealing keyword, when the mod is loaded it overwrites all the armours with ALL its settings. Just because you made few changes doesn't mean sos only stores a few settings, it just stores the default skyrim.esm ones. So sos will overwrite ANY change ANY mod has made to the armours sos modifies with the default values. In my case, USKP is overwritten.

Or at least that is my understanding. As I said I am new to modding so I may be missing something.

Just thought I'd throw this in here for folks:

Quick (and dirty) workarounds for SOS "oddities"

Please note - these are not ideal...or even particularly clever solutions, they're temperamental workarounds. Smurf and co will do the real work to fix these. These are just tricks you can use to try and get around problems in the meantime.

* Hole in the hip bug: use the "showinventory" console command on your character and scan through the list. Somewhere near the top (typically) will be an item ID with no name (probably with multiple "bad id" reports attached to it). This is the item code for your character's schlong. You can use the old "equipitem [itemid]" using this number to re-equip the scholong and it will usually reappear on the body. This trick almost always works for vanilla races but is temperamental with customs.

* Hole in hip, at character creation - daftly simple. Doesn't always work, but usually does - make a nord (or any other vanilla race, if you prefer, I suppose), let the game sit for a few seconds, then use showracemenu to change to the race you actually want to be. Gets around custom race H.I.P bug surprisingly often.

* Schlong size alterations disappearing (and some other small bugs) - can be fixed by making SOS re-do the "schlongifying process", and that's absurdly easy - just open the MCM menu and change the schlong size value by a single percentage and back, then exit the menu. SOS will immediately redo the schlongifying process.

* Erection works, but key control bending doesn't - I haven't found a consistent way around this yet, but I've had a surprising amount of luck getting the keys to work again by performing the trick above, then making a console save (open console, type "save temp"), quit to main menu (not desktop), then load the save you just made. Success is annoyingly random. Sometimes I COC around the world a bit to places I know kick scripts in the nuts to try and "jiggle" the script back to life.

I'm sure the guys will fix (most) of these, bar maybe the custom race one unless they suddenly find themselves with an abundance of free time and/or someone goes out of their way to make custom-race-friendly edited ESPs for each one. In the meantime, I hope these tricks help.

@Easykill

You missed my point though. The edits SOS does on the armor, are not crucial for SOS to operate, because SOS is capable of doing the same edits everytime the game loads (unfortunately the edits made with SKSE functions dont persist on saving, and thats why we need the ReSchlongification proccess to happen everytime you load). So all that is really crucial (well sort of) are the edits I specified. If for example you use mods that alter the vanilla Armor records, in most cases, you are safe to load them after SOS, because SOS is smart enough to edit those in game, at a performance cost during the ReSchlongification.

@Night~Sky

Thank you so much for such a detailed report! Although we are trying to fix those, ofc. Smurf thinks he already knows why sometimes there's the "oh where is my penis" related issues. Also, we have further increased the Shape Potions functionality, and they are now able to correct those problems aswell for both PC and NPCs, and will even work on custom races (custom races will still require a proper skeleton and addon/meshes/textures)

As a side note:

It is best if you use instead of ShowRaceMenu (which only works for the PC anyway), to use setrace (race). This will also prevent from bugged stats vs level, because when you change the race via showracemenu, they get screwed.

Ah, I see. USKP likes to be at the top of the load order though, so I will not do that. I will probably just make my own .esp that overwrites both with the fixes and the sos concealing, so I don't need to screw with it every time something updates.

Biggest cause of the disappearing penis is simple item-slot interference, I would think. Almost every time I've seen the schlong disappear, it's been after a piece of armor has been equipped and subsequently removed. I've also noticed scripts that equip/unequip items (for example, prison scripts, when making a new character under live-another-life, and transformation to and back from werewolf/vampire lord) cause this frequently.

In sexlab, at least, you can specifically instruct it (via MCM configuration) not to ever try and strip slot 52, to further help preserve SOS functionality. Other mods which have equipment-effecting scripts seldom offer "compatibility" minded options like this to avoid it,

Archived